PDA

View Full Version : Phil finally lashes out at Kobe

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
"We get behind early on in the third quarter on some stupid plays -- poor passing, poor transition defense -- and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one and that takes the rest of the guys out as a consequence," Jackson said. "That didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run, we got the game back a little bit but we couldn't sustain it and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

"The game got to a point where we didn't use our strengths which is our inside players," Jackson said. "When we started off the game I think Pau got six out of our eight points and didn't score again in the first half. He ended up the game with 10. He got four more points in the second half. He's too good a player for a game like that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5983633 (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5983633)

Venti Quattro
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
CROFL implosion

MavFan6488
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
"The game got to a point where we didn't use our strengths which is our inside players," Jackson said.
..."and our weakness is kobe" :lol

in2deep
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Kobe's response:

"I don't buy that Zen bullshit"

WeNeedLength
01-03-2011, 11:52 AM
then Kobe has to screw up the game .ROFLMAO.

Maybe he should start trying to coach his star instead of calling him out after the game has ended for not doing what he wants him to do. This shit better get resolved or Kobe is going to pull the Trade Me card if their loss column continues to grow.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-03-2011, 11:52 AM
IIRC, Phil also said something about If he was out there playing he would not pass the ball to Kobe. I think that was after the loss to the Spurs.

Man, this team is imploding.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
..."and our weakness is kobe" :lol
Zing

:lol

I like how Phil doesn't really care anymore considering the fact that this is his last year. I would lile to see him write a new book about this season once he's done.

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Zing

I like how Phil doesn't really care anymore considering the fact that this is his last year. I would lile to see him write a new book about this season once he's done.

He just needs to make sure he doesn't have to come back again beggin' Kobe for a job.

tee, hee.

Brazil
01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
You can be sur that Kobe will go for a 4 FGAs next game to make a statement waiting for a loss

BlackSwordsMan
01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
There's always room as Pop's asst coach.
tee, hee

Killakobe81
01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
yall need to hear what he said ... not just read it. He was just explaining why they lost ...and he was right. Kobe went in to hero mode and got them back in the game but the team had no one else in rhtymn ... It was not a lash out ...he was just stating facts.

Killakobe81
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
You can be sur that Kobe will go for a 4 FGAs next game to make a statement waiting for a loss

I doubt that but he will not be agressive on offense ...

ElNono
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
yall need to hear what he said ... not just read it. He was just explaining why they lost ...and he was right. Kobe went in to hero mode and got them back in the game but the team had no one else in rhtymn ... It was not a lash out ...he was just stating facts.

Wasn't this identified as a problem long ago though? This isn't necessarily a new ailment, that's why hearing about it again and again simply comes across as a lash out. I mean, when Kome did it against the Spurs Phil just gave a mild "we missed some shots". This time he's not toning it down.

Drachen
01-03-2011, 12:26 PM

This is the way I read it. I will say that I felt like there were some parts where he was being mildly critical of Kobe's efforts, but not the "lash out" that others are making it out to be.

Killakobe81
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Wasn't this identified as a problem long ago though? This isn't necessarily a new ailment, that's why hearing about it again and again simply comes across as a lash out. I mean, when Kome did it against the Spurs Phil just gave a mild "we missed some shots". This time he's not toning it down.

The thing is I dont disagree that Kobe is attacking the issue wrong, but he is just trying to right a shrinking ship with what he does best which is scoring. I would love it if he took on an Team USA mindset and played defense like he is capable of on a MORE consistent basis. he played damn good defense on wade on XMAS but most nights he does the lazyy double and gambles without getting back to his man.

As for Phil ...having fisher and artest along with two 7 footers makes us the slowest team (starters) in the NBA ...one of them may need to sit (i say artest) to balance the line-up better. plus ron would get more touches on the bench ...

Fabbs
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Zing

Ya wonder if he'll go the full Monty and expose the rigged reffing, collusion trades and all.

lefty
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Meh

2011 championship DVD drama

" But ultimately, the Lakers would come together and face the adversity "

JamStone
01-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Lol whatever. Kobe doesn't even give a shit when Phil criticized him. That's Kobe's problem. Phil even said as much in his book. It was Shaq who was sensitive to criticism. Kobe treats it as a challenge and basically says "fuck you anyway." Kobe isn't changing shit. Problem is that it's becoming more and more abundantly clear that the Lakers can't simply out-talent their way back to the top. So Kobe does need to really figure things out this season. Looking less and less likely to happen. But I'm not convinced it's an impossible task just yet.

tdunk21
01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
am sure now kobe will not take shots till the 2nd quarter in the next game.....

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Looking less and less likely to happen. But I'm not convinced it's an impossible task just yet.

Well, pish, posh. Your pussy ass is thus completely covered.

JamStone
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
am sure now kobe will not take shots till the 2nd quarter in the next game.....

Maybe he'll get nostalgic next game and not take any shots in the second half at all.

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Maybe he'll get nostalgic next game and not take any shots in the second half at all. Though at this point I'm not 100% convinced.

Ya asshole, you.

Ace
01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
You guys don't know shit. Getting skull fucked on a nightly basis is what teams who want to three peat do.

nkdlunch
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM
:lmao

where is that gif of Kobe leaving Phil hanging?

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh man, Culburn is back. Hi there old man.

4>0rings
01-03-2011, 02:14 PM
How does it go...

35 years old....

31 million....

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh man, Culburn is back. Hi there old man.

Hi, guy.

Slomo
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
That's so 2004...

http://www.playahata.com/images/bookpics/thelastseason.jpg

Jose Canseco
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
How does it go...

35 years old....

31 million....

Lakers should be able to get quite a bit from such a large expiring contract tbh. LeBron + Wade for Kobe in the summer of 2013 looks reasonable.

Killakobe81
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Though lebron and wade is a pipe dream Kobe's ending salary is a double edged sword it may suck that last year and I doubt we would trade him ...but if the lakers are smart they could get two great players for what they are paying Kobe now.

Depending on the new CBA ...my guess is all the teams that have bloated payrolls will be at an advantage for future trades. They will most likely have some type of grandfather or "Bird rights" provision ...if Lakers see that contract all the way through what small-market team would not want $30 million in expiring ...(if they do trade Kobe)?
If not, even if they hold on to him throught the extension if they dont take on other crazy walton type deals ...they will have plenty of cap space at the end to attract top level talent. In fact I could see player agents marking that date on their calendar ...

cheguevara
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Phil is doing the right thing stooping to lowest level this early in the season makes better odds for this team to make some kind of turnaround in time for the playoffs.

that man is a genius, anyone disputing it is a mere asshole.

also, Phil is throwing Kobe and singling him out because Kobe is the only Laker that has the backbone to take the criticism.

Odom, Gasol, Artest, Bynum are pussies that would break their water if given that kind of criticism.

Kriz-Maxima
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Deja vu.

I seem to recall this brand of doom and gloom going on last year and the year before.

Can Pau not be more aggressive? Can't Phil coach within the game? Can't the in-bounder give the ball to Fisher and then the rest of the team (sans Kobe) give it to Gasol? Or does Kobe has some jedi mind trick that makes him control everybody else's mind?

JamStone
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Phil is doing the right thing stooping to lowest level this early in the season makes better odds for this team to make some kind of turnaround in time for the playoffs.

also, Phil is throwing Kobe and singling him out because Kobe is the only Laker that has the backbone to take the criticism.

Odom, Gasol, Artest, Bynum are pussies that would break their water if given that kind of criticism.

Don't necessarily agree with everything in this post, but the bolded part is so true. Kobe is a lot of things, but he can take criticism and takes it as a challenge to prove the critics wrong. There are plenty of professional athletes that just want to get their asses kissed all the time with the why don't you like me, I thought we were fwends. type of attitude.

Kobe takes a "fuck you" approach to criticism. When some superstar players get questioned, they get questioned because they are so used to praise. I think when Kobe gets questioned, it motivates him. Phil should call out Derek Fisher as well. Fish can take criticism. He's been straight ass this season. Make a jumper. You can't do anything else on the court. How are you shooting 38% from the field???

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM

^It get's better than this...but, I'll be damned if I can cite it.

Che.

j.dizzle
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't necessarily agree with everything in this post, but the bolded part is so true. Kobe is a lot of things, but he can take criticism and takes it as a challenge to prove the critics wrong. There are plenty of professional athletes that just want to get their asses kissed all the time with the why don't you like me, I thought we were fwends. type of attitude.

Kobe takes a "fuck you" approach to criticism. When some superstar players get questioned, they get questioned because they are so used to praise. I think when Kobe gets questioned, it motivates him. Phil should call out Derek Fisher as well. Fish can take criticism. He's been straight ass this season. Make a jumper. You can't do anything else on the court. How are you shooting 38% from the field???

:lmao Derek Fisher is the type of player that looks like garbage every reg. season & then makes a couple huge shots every playoffs. Phil Jackson wont call him out because he's the old veteran leader on the team. Pretty soon Fish will probably hold a players meeting & shit will change IMO.

Banzai
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
every right to call Kobe out..at some point you have to share the ball..if the players aren't hitting shit..then so be it..but at least try to get other players involved.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I dont understand where you guys are getting this 'Kobe can take criticism" crap. Historically speaking Kobe is actually pretty sensitive when it comes to anything but praise.

Kobe is the same guy who didn't shoot in the second half against the Kings to prove a point. Phil Jackson said it best in his book.

"Kobe is the kind of player that would tell you "yes" when you tell him to do something, but would do what he wanted to do anyway at the end of the day"

Phil is not motivating Kobe. Kobe has been in the league for more than a decade, the guy doesn't need motivation. He's simply telling it as it is because the Lakers are not playing as a team and a huge part of this is Kobe is not aware or in denial that he's not the same type pf player anymore. And PJ is not pulling punches anymore because he's not worrying about what's going to happen next season.

j.dizzle
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
every right to call Kobe out..at some point you have to share the ball..if the players aren't hitting shit..then so be it..but at least try to get other players involved.

I would just throw it into Bynum 15 times a game since he's actually trying to get back into good shape. Usually 1 or 2 players go into a slump but the whole bench cant hit a shot to save their lives right now:lol. Its the sasha curse hahaha

Banzai
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I would just throw it into Bynum 15 times a game since he's actually trying to get back into good shape. Usually 1 or 2 players go into a slump but the whole bench cant hit a shot to save their lives right now:lol. Its the sasha curse hahaha

Sasha Farmar and Jordan Vujacic.

Koolaid_Man
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM
[/B]

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5983633 (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5983633)

you faggots are brilliant I tell ya...fucking brilliant....Phil and Kobe been at this game for decades now...you just nutted a bit early as is customary of Heat and Spur fan.

This is nothing but a ploy by Phil and Kobe aimed not at Kobe but rather at their teammates...this is called the butter roll....You take aim at Kobe so that your real fire soon to be unleashed will be taken by your lesser players without them falling apart. If Phil can call Kobe out then look out...this is by design...it takes a Wiley Vet like King Kool to point this out for ya....don't think for a sec that Kobe didn't sign off on this...you niggas got a lot to learn about Machiavellian Warfare. :lol and that's also the same reason you don't want to fuck with me... :lol

hitmanyr2k
01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Phil was obviously spoiled by MJ and Pip. Those guys came to play every night on both ends. The Lakers look like their hearts aren't in it.

Koolaid_Man
01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Phil was obviously spoiled by MJ and Pip. Those guys came to play every night on both ends. The Lakers look like their hearts aren't in it.

it further shows Kobe's greatness...Shaq didn't have the work ethic and neither does Pau...and yet Kobe still manages to win titles at a high clip...and and please don't force me to pull up stats of MJ's bad games...I know it's been a min and some tend to forget but MJ had many a poor shooting night...MANY!!!

hitmanyr2k
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
it further shows Kobe's greatness...Shaq didn't have the work ethic and neither does Pau...and yet Kobe still manages to win titles at a high clip...and and please don't force me to pull up stats of MJ's bad games...I know it's been a min and some tend to forget but MJ had many a poor shooting night...MANY!!!

Even if Jordan (or Pippen) had poor shooting nights they still affected the game on defense. Kobe's defense has never been at their level and his defense has been sub-par for most of this season. You'd think with Bynum back the Lakers would be playing with a bit more effort on the defensive end since they have a big that can cover their backs.

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Phil was obviously spoiled by MJ and Pip. Those guys came to play every night on both ends.

Both MJ & Pip had their moments as well. MJ "quit" for entire season because he got caught cheating/gambling. Pippen quit on Phil because Kukoc got the last shot call in a game.

JamStone
01-03-2011, 06:19 PM

You don't remember the 1997-98 Bulls team very well. They won 62 games and still obviously a great team. But they took plenty of nights off. Started 20-10 and took balls to the chin quite a few times from lottery teams, got bitchslapped by good teams like Miami by 27 points and the Lakers by 25 points. You also forget Pippen pouting back in the day when MJ was retired that first time and Phil drew up an end of the game play for Toni Kukoc. Pippen had his share of bitching moments. And there were games where Jordan coasted in his last couple seasons with the Bulls.

As with a lot of all time greats, their legend grows with time. All time greats were always perfect, never flawed. It's horseshit really. I would think a Bulls fan would actually know the truth about it though.

JamStone
01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I dont understand where you guys are getting this 'Kobe can take criticism" crap. Historically speaking Kobe is actually pretty sensitive when it comes to anything but praise.

Kobe is the same guy who didn't shoot in the second half against the Kings to prove a point. Phil Jackson said it best in his book.

"Kobe is the kind of player that would tell you "yes" when you tell him to do something, but would do what he wanted to do anyway at the end of the day"

Phil is not motivating Kobe. Kobe has been in the league for more than a decade, the guy doesn't need motivation. He's simply telling it as it is because the Lakers are not playing as a team and a huge part of this is Kobe is not aware or in denial that he's not the same type pf player anymore. And PJ is not pulling punches anymore because he's not worrying about what's going to happen next season.

No one likes criticism. But there's a difference between being able to take criticism and disregarding it and sulking and pouting because of it. Kobe might not listen to the criticism and change things, but he's not going to cower because of it. Kobe not taking any shots in the second half against the Kings and when he quit in game 7 against the Suns, it wasn't because he was hurt by the criticism. It was a "fuck you" to the criticism and "I'm going to show you." That's different from crying in the corner after being scolded.

Kobe can take criticism because he won't question his abilities after that, won't lose confidence in his game, won't be hurt by it. His reaction is defiance as opposed to dejection. That's why I agreed with cheguevara that Kobe can take criticism. And I believe that.

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I beat ya Jammie.

muhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!

Koolaid_Man
01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Even if Jordan (or Pippen) had poor shooting nights they still affected the game on defense. Kobe's defense has never been at their level and his defense has been sub-par for most of this season. You'd think with Bynum back the Lakers would be playing with a bit more effort on the defensive end since they have a big that can cover their backs.

to be fair I think what you're forgetting is that MJ never played as many consecutive seasons in the finals while in the hunt for a 4th finals appearance in as many years. If my memory serves me right after the bulls won their first 3 MJ retired and after second 3 peat he retired again giving his legs plenty of rest...and let's not even throw in the Olympics that Kobe played in...it's been non-stop action for Kobe...

and another thing from a defensive standpoint MJ didn't have to gaurd ALL-STAR calibre players night in and night out like Kobe has...MJ had to face a few only as couple really good players and mainly got defensive credibility off of non-allstars type talent...

So while I can understand you trying to hold MJ up....I got my memory book lil homie...

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Kool Aid Man

hitmanyr2k
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
You don't remember the 1997-98 Bulls team very well. They won 62 games and still obviously a great team. But they took plenty of nights off. Started 20-10 and took balls to the chin quite a few times from lottery teams, got bitchslapped by good teams like Miami by 27 points and the Lakers by 25 points. You also forget Pippen pouting back in the day when MJ was retired that first time and Phil drew up an end of the game play for Toni Kukoc. Pippen had his share of bitching moments. And there were games where Jordan coasted in his last couple seasons with the Bulls.

As with a lot of all time greats, their legend grows with time. All time greats were always perfect, never flawed. It's horseshit really. I would think a Bulls fan would actually know the truth about it though.

I remember the 98 Bulls just fine...most definitely better than you. I don't care about the Bulls getting pasted by the Heat and Lakers in 98. That team was plagued by injury all year long. I don't think Pippen even played in those games you mentioned. I also don't give a fuck about Pippen bitching about one play...it was one play in a game where he gave a great effort on both ends of the floor. He made a 2 second mistake and that's it.

And that's the main thing we're talking about here....effort. Even an old Jordan gave more of an effort on defense than Kobe. Despite Kobe being gifted his All-Defense selections for the last 5 years his defensive effort has been jack shit and even die-hard Laker fans will tell you the same. It's no different this year. Kobe doesn't even try on defense the majority of the time and barely makes an impact on that side of the ball (as usual) but you can bet he'll be gifted another All-D selection. You can throw all the excuses out there you want. Only a jackass would say Kobe has ever played defense as consistently or on par with Jordan and Pippen.

Even his own damn worshippers are spouting the truth :lol

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=3601943

Josepatches_
01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
You don't remember the 1997-98 Bulls team very well. They won 62 games and still obviously a great team. But they took plenty of nights off. Started 20-10

I think you don't remember that season very well.They started 20-10 without Pippen.
Caffey and Longley were the starters in the paint.Randy Brown,Buechler,La Rue,Wennington......yes,he had an amazing bench.

Pippen only played 44 games.He began to play in January if i'm not wrong

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Phil Grandpa Jackson is such a drama queen.

Ace
01-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Kobe just accept what he is, a role player.

namlook
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
LOL at this thread: "Phil finally lashes out at Kobe" :lol

"When a game starts getting out of hand -- and rightly so -- Kobe will crank it up, not screw it up," Jackson said.

"I used that term 'screw it up' but not in terms of it being an error or a mistake, but 'crank it up.' He'll go to another notch to try to get us back in the ballgame. That's something we do in the fourth quarter, that's our fourth quarter action, that's how we win ballgames....":lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Phil just owned this thread and shut it down.

ohmwrecker
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
If Phil can call Kobe out then look out...this is by design...it takes a Wiley Vet like King Kool to point this out for ya....don't think for a sec that Kobe didn't sign off on this...

Che (Spurs fan) beat you to the punch on this one, retard.

21_Blessings
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM

Kobe and Phil threw a teenage Bynum under the Buss and Baby Drew responded by turning into a full grown beast.

Nice try, though.

DMX7
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
LOL that 2011 Lakers Championship DVD is getting real.

Venti Quattro
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
SHIP PHIL'S ASS OUT! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

MiamiHeat
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
lol @ the Lakers begging Phil to come back and paying him $10+ mil a year to coach, only to see Kobe wreck it all for a second time

NRHector
01-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Kobe and Phil threw a teenage Bynum under the Buss and Baby Drew responded by turning into a full grown beast.

Nice try, though.there's only one beast and that beast beat the Lakers on Dec 28, 2010.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-04-2011, 12:08 AM

"When a game starts getting out of hand -- and rightly so -- Kobe will crank it up, not screw it up," Jackson said.

"I used that term 'screw it up' but not in terms of it being an error or a mistake, but 'crank it up.' He'll go to another notch to try to get us back in the ballgame. That's something we do in the fourth quarter, that's our fourth quarter action, that's how we win ballgames....":lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Damage control, TBH nothing more. Phil has been known to coach his players publicly. Make no mistake, the terms "screw" was the right word Phil was looking for when he was interviewed. Frustration often releases the bare truth.

ElNono
01-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Zen master toying with ya'll... nothing to see here...

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 12:56 AM
there's only one beast and that beast beat the Lakers on Dec 28, 2010.

The Skunker withstanding.

Ace
01-04-2011, 01:07 AM

Screw it up means crank it up? Only a Kobe fan could believe that. :lol

Even as ridiculous as it sounds they'll convince themselves otherwise for Kobe.

JamStone
01-04-2011, 01:09 AM
lol @ the Lakers begging Phil to come back and paying him $10+ mil a year to coach, only to see Kobe wreck it all for a second time

It would be funnier if the Lakers didn't just win back-to-back titles.

I'm sure there are plenty of NBA franchises that would willingly go through a shipwreck of a season if it meant two NBA titles.

Think about it.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 01:36 AM
^if

tee, hee.

namlook
01-04-2011, 02:23 AM

Bwhahahaha! Yeah screw it up to the tune of FIVE rings in Phil's back pocket. :lmao

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Jamstone, are you that dense?

Sulking in the corner, or getting pissed by saying fuck you and giving up intentionally are equally as cowardly and immature.

If anything, both reactions prove one is sensitive to criticism.

I thought you were a Pistons fan? What's with all this typical asian hero worship of Kobe lately?

Do you think he's awesome because you see his advertisements everytime you go and buy your Pinoy salted dehydrated shellfish snacks?

I thought you'd know to distinguish what is mature and what's not from all those bullshit proverbs you mongols have.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 10:32 AM
^You've no room, Iggy, your Rodman quit in the middle of the playoffs. Then proceeded to call your Robinson everything but a black man.

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 10:41 AM
^You've no room, Iggy, your Rodman quit in the middle of the playoffs. Then proceeded to call your Robinson everything but a black man.

bro, keep your katygirl issues away from this site.

I hate rodman... and i don't have the same thought process as most spursfans who think their team are angels.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Relax, I was just checkin' assholes.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
LOL Iggy attacking Jamstone for using logic and reason ...

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Relax, I was just checkin' assholes.

Your own asshole buddy, because what that looked like was someone being defensive about their star player and throwing a red herring.

Rofl.. people don't even remember Rodman as a spur...

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
...but, I do.

We're all grown men here. And we're all goin' to toe the same exact line.

My Kobe quit. Your Rodman quit.

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
LOL Iggy attacking Jamstone for using logic and reason ...

lol you're not helping his cause.

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
...but, I do.

We're all grown men here. And we're all goin' to toe the same exact line.

My Kobe quit. Your Rodman quit.

he's not my anything. I never liked him.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
That's neither here nor there.

He wore your uniform when he quit. And you're responsible.

And daddy-O, that's just the way it's gonna be.

Ignignokt
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
That's neither here nor there.

He wore your uniform when he quit. And you're responsible.

And daddy-O, that's just the way it's gonna be.

That says alot more about you than it does me.

I don't put my identity behind the backs of athletes, or in any other form. I am responsible for myself.

I don't know who'd want to tie his identity, credibility, moral credit, or faith behind another man not himself, much less an athlete. Speaks loudly of the lakerfan fanbase who to no surprise is riddled with a bunch of vagrants, scabs, and vermin with abandonment, self esteem, and sundry issues.

If i wanted to cheer for pure and innocent team, well then i'd go and cheer for a tee ball team or pee wee hockey. Something we all know you're capable of doing, but that's for a different reason.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I smell skunk.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
That says alot more about you than it does me.

I don't put my identity behind the backs of athletes, or in any other form. I am responsible for myself.

I don't know who'd want to tie his identity, credibility, moral credit, or faith behind another man not himself, much less an athlete. Speaks loudly of the lakerfan fanbase who to no surprise is riddled with a bunch of vagrants, scabs, and vermin with abandonment, self esteem, and sundry issues.

If i wanted to cheer for pure and innocent team, well then i'd go and cheer for a tee ball team or pee wee hockey. Something we all know you're capable of doing, but that's for a different reason.

Oh, pious iggy please lead us heathen Laker brethren to the light ....

JamStone
01-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Jamstone, are you that dense?

Sulking in the corner, or getting pissed by saying fuck you and giving up intentionally are equally as cowardly and immature.

If anything, both reactions prove one is sensitive to criticism.

I thought you were a Pistons fan? What's with all this typical asian hero worship of Kobe lately?

Do you think he's awesome because you see his advertisements everytime you go and buy your Pinoy salted dehydrated shellfish snacks?

I thought you'd know to distinguish what is mature and what's not from all those bullshit proverbs you mongols have.

Didn't say getting pissed and saying fuck you isn't cowardly or immature. But it is most certainly different than sulking in the corner and being hurt by the criticism. Defiance is not the same thing as dejection. Defiance can result into a proactive fight to prove something. Dejection generally results in capitulation. I take the former over the latter. Perhaps you view it differently. But then that's just a difference in opinion.

I am a Pistons fan. First and foremost. But if you've been on these boards long enough and seen enough of my posts since the very beginning of me posting here, I have never hidden the fact that I also like the Lakers and that I am a Kobe apologist at times because I like him as a player. It has nothing to do with being "Asian" or "Filipino." If you must know, and I've written this on these boards before, my two favorite players growing up were Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson. The '88 and '89 NBA Finals aside, I loved watching the 80s Lakeshow teams under Magic. Thought they were great to watch. Beyond that, I lived in Los Angeles from 2000-02 right smack dab in the middle of their first Shaq-Kobe threepeat. Pistons have been, are, and always will be my first team. But the Lakers, particularly that Shaq-Kobe Laker edition, became my "team B" while I was living there.

But you would also know if you paid attention to my posts (whether you do or not I don't know but you're attacking me as if you have), I will bash bandwagon Laker fan every chance I get, make fun of Kobe raping, and shit on the Lakers just like everyone else. Will I also defend Kobe? Sure, I have. In fact, I can admit I'm a Kobe fanboi at times. Shrugs, we all have our favorite players. I like Kobe the player. Sue me.

As for the other jabs you threw... that's fine. I don't care to get into a mongol screaming match with you. Just thought I'd give answers to some of your questions.

TinTin
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Respect dat medal bro, respect it

LnGrrrR
01-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Right but... as the head coach, isn't PJ in the best position to, ya know, do something about that DURING THE GAME? :lol Who knows, maybe ripping Kobe in public is his way of disciplining players, instead of sitting them during the game.

LA24
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Kobe admits screwing it up. “But he was right, I totally broke the offense, but I did it intentionally because I felt like we needed to get something started,” he explained. “What we were doing just wasn’t working, so I tried to kick start it, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.”

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/110103practicereport.html

LnGrrrR
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I smell skunk.

:lol Culby with the epic fail comeback.

jjktkk
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I smell skunk.

Check your depins.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Right but... as the head coach, isn't PJ in the best position to, ya know, do something about that DURING THE GAME? :lol Who knows, maybe ripping Kobe in public is his way of disciplining players, instead of sitting them during the game.

So you questioning a dude ... that has the resume Phil has? As kobe pointed out some players dont like it. But he definitely holds them accountable in the media and expects his players to figure things out on the court. He also makes his demands in practice. I too, used to question his ways since i grew up on Riley, chuck Daly, Billy C and K.C. jones.
But Phil has alomost as many titles as those guys combined. So if he wants to "lash out" as yal say ...so be it. Kobe is a big boy he can handle it ...it seems yall buying the ESPN kool-aid and making a bigger deal out of it.
When i read it, my initial reaction wa sthe same as yours ...but after seeing and HEARING the context no big deal he said what he honestly felt about the game.
Again too many politicaly correct people in sports nowadays because of the media scrutiny ...I like guys that manipulate the media Phil, Rex Ryan, Parcells or even the way CIA Pop controls the the local media in SA ...
Screw the scribes!!!

NRHector
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Lakers suck, that's it that's all

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Last time we went to the mattresses Phil controlled the horizontal and the vertical. That time has passed.

Kobe now has the con. He signed off on Phil's return. He was gracious enough not to hold a grudge and exile him forever more.

He'll decide Phil's fate in the future. He'll also decide the fate of his fellows. This is only just. He's the one who took off after Buss and made him live up to our heritage.

Kobe Bryant.

NRHector
01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Last time we went to the mattresses Phil controlled the horizontal and the vertical. That time has passed.

Kobe now has the con. He signed off on Phil's return. He was gracious enough not to hold a grudge and exile him forever more.

He'll decide Phil's fate in the future. He'll also decide the fate of his fellows. This is only just. He's the one who took off after Buss and made him live up to our heritage.

Kobe Bryant.cut the bullshit shithead your future doesn't look very bright. Kobe, Fisher, and Gasol are getting old and Phil is retiring next year. Will you and the rest of the bandwagonners support the Lakers next season?

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
You know the drill, fuckface.

LnGrrrR
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
So you questioning a dude ... that has the resume Phil has? As kobe pointed out some players dont like it. But he definitely holds them accountable in the media and expects his players to figure things out on the court. He also makes his demands in practice. I too, used to question his ways since i grew up on Riley, chuck Daly, Billy C and K.C. jones.
But Phil has alomost as many titles as those guys combined. So if he wants to "lash out" as yal say ...so be it. Kobe is a big boy he can handle it ...it seems yall buying the ESPN kool-aid and making a bigger deal out of it.
When i read it, my initial reaction wa sthe same as yours ...but after seeing and HEARING the context no big deal he said what he honestly felt about the game.
Again too many politicaly correct people in sports nowadays because of the media scrutiny ...I like guys that manipulate the media Phil, Rex Ryan, Parcells or even the way CIA Pop controls the the local media in SA ...
Screw the scribes!!!

Killa, I think you missed the second part of my post. I openly suggested that ripping Kobe in public may be his way of disciplining him (and the team at large), thinking it more effective than benching him or chewing him out during the game.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Killa, I think you missed the second part of my post. I openly suggested that ripping Kobe in public may be his way of disciplining him (and the team at large), thinking it more effective than benching him or chewing him out during the game.

I was just ranting in jest and quoted you ... to do so but it was not directed ar you in particular. I just think overall the media frenzy is ridiculous and so many general NBa fans are sheep and just lap up whatever they dish out.
I find drama stories interesting too ...but I keep in mind these cats need to sell advertising ....credible sports journalism is rare nowadays ...

djohn2oo8
01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I was just ranting in jest and quoted you ... to do so but it was not directed ar you in particular. I just think overall the media frenzy is ridiculous and so many general NBa fans are sheep and just lap up whatever they dish out.
I find drama stories interesting too ...but I keep in mind these cats need to sell advertising ....credible sports journalism is rare nowadays ...

Only credible one out there is that guy from yahoo adrian wojornwhateverhisnameis

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Only credible one out there is that guy from yahoo adrian wojornwhateverhisnameis

He is good but for whatever reason ... but he sometimes hates on Lebron (IIRC). I don't mind making fun of Bron's ego ...buthe seems to have an axe to grind ...

dunkman
01-04-2011, 10:43 PM
There are problems in the la-la land. . .

Venti Quattro
01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
All of which will turn out to be championship blu-ray material :tu :tu :tu

Josepatches_
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
0-9 1st quarter.

Kobe is learning the lesson.He has to shoot more