PDA

View Full Version : Parker Admits Knicks Would Have Been No. 1 Option As Free Agent

crc21209
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere....I got it off RealGM and they quoted an article in the SA Express News....

Parker Admits Knicks Would Have Been No. 1 Option As Free Agent

Jan 03, 2011 8:14 AM EST

Tony Parker signed a contract extension a few months ago that will keep him in San Antonio for the foreseeable future.

He shattered the hopes of the Knicks when he did so. New York had hoped to court him as a free agent.

The Spurs will face the Knicks on Tuesday and Parker opened up an old wound when he admitted that New York would have been his top choice if he wasn't going to remain in San Antonio.

"Right now, I'm very happy with my decision," Parker said. "I always felt the Spurs are my family, and my first option was San Antonio, but if they didn't want to keep me, New York was definitely my first option."

Parker is glad he's playing under a long-term contract with the game at Madison Square Garden upcoming.

"Of course, I know there would have been a lot of talk," he said. "It didn't matter how many times I said I wanted to stay in San Antonio last summer. Nobody listened to me."

Via San Antonio Express-News

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70913/20110103/parker_admits_knicks_would_have_been_no_1_option_a s_free_agent/

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I dont blame him

Spurs are lucky to have him

Brazil
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Well if an agreement couldn't have been found between the Spurs and TP, it was a nice destination to go even I'm a bit surprised that TP wouldn't prefer playing for a contender.

honestfool84
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Well if an agreement couldn't have been found between the Spurs and TP, it was a nice destination to go even I'm a bit surprised that TP wouldn't prefer playing for a contender.

if Parker was there, and Carmelo could be wooed over from Denver, NY would be a contender.

Dex
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
"Of course, I know there would have been a lot of talk," he said. "It didn't matter how many times I said I wanted to stay in San Antonio last summer. Nobody listened to me".

Yeah, no kidding.

DMC
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Tony, Ducks listened... bro... just sayin'

Brazil
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
if Parker was there, and Carmelo could be wooed over from Denver, NY would be a contender.

I'm not sure about that, to have a shot you need a defense. Offensively a team with Amare, Carmelo and TP would be huge but defensively it would be complicated especially with a coach like D'Anto

Brazil
01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Tony, Ducks listened... bro... just sayin'

me too always said he will sign an extension.

Tp, Ducks is not your only fan, I'm your fan too ! :lol

angelbelow
01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
No surprises here, IF the Spurs really didn't want him.. why not goto New York?

MaNuMaNiAc
01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Shit, I wouldn't blame him if he had gone, maybe there they'd pay him more attention, most unappreciated player in the league with regards to his own team's fans.

it really does amaze me how most spurs fans really don't give a shit what Tony has to say, mind made up and all that.

greyforest
01-03-2011, 05:45 PM
the media doesn't listen to the answers to questions, necessarily. they ask questions that are asked the most, and more interest is generated from speculation of tony to NY than is generated from reporting "oh tony wants to stay in SA"

spursfan09
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Shit, I wouldn't blame him if he had gone, maybe there they'd pay him more attention, most unappreciated player in the league with regards to his own team's fans.

it really does amaze me how most spurs fans really don't give a shit what Tony has to say, mind made up and all that.

I'm sure alot of it was wishful thinking on the part of some Spur fans that he would leave. Maybe if he left on bad terms with the Spurs then maybe thier hatred for him could be validated, but nope he proved them wrong once again.

8FOR!3
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
If I were him and San Antonio didn't want me, NYC would be a great place to go! No issue here.

PDXSpursFan
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
He admitted it. Trade his ass to NY right away :rolleyes

Bukefal
01-03-2011, 06:05 PM
"Of course, I know there would have been a lot of talk," he said. "It didn't matter how many times I said I wanted to stay in San Antonio last summer. Nobody listened to me."

So true, nothing he said was good, some on here just kept going on being on panic mode and increasing the hate towards him, while he has said and shown so many times that he just wanted to stay in SA.

gospursgojas
01-03-2011, 06:06 PM

Tony already won 3 championships, if he had to go somewhere...why not a place where he would get paid and be in a big time market to get his name out there and please his then wife? still wife? who knows?

Sisk
01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Definitely... definitely

MmP
01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Just picturing tony with other team crushes me, he's so valuable for this team even when he's not producing much we're pretty lucky he's here.

slick'81
01-03-2011, 06:48 PM
sorry ny hes ours lol

awktalk
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure about that, to have a shot you need a defense. Offensively a team with Amare, Carmelo and TP would be huge but defensively it would be complicated especially with a coach like D'Anto

Not that TP isn't a stud, but Felton is no slouch either. He was probably their 2nd choice, but dude has mad game.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Well I'm glad he's not on the Knicks.

spurs10
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Glad to have him!!!

DesignatedT
01-03-2011, 07:19 PM
cool.

Budkin
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Really happy he decided to stay here. Love the guy and his game.

Brazil
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Tony already won 3 championships, if he had to go somewhere...why not a place where he would get paid and be in a big time market to get his name out there and please his then wife? still wife? who knows?

Well Tony always said he only cares about winning more titles and I believe it. This is one of the reason he is so frustrated with the FNT, he cannot accept not winning something with France. Therefore I'm quite surprised he would prefer going to NY rather than another big contending team unless he truly believes that with him, Amare and another elite player they have a shot at winning a :lobt:

YoMamaIsCallin
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Nothing to see here, move along.

Frenzy
01-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Ny is like wtf....sa is a bitch.

ducks
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
melo amare and tp would beat that heat team and boston

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2011, 11:23 PM
I can just imagine it now -- Knicks fans are calling WFAN certain that if the Knicks just add a pick to the package of Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry's expiring contract, they can surely get Parker before the deadline!

hater
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
TP and Amare would have been lethal 1-2 punch

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2011, 10:57 AM
melo amare and tp would beat that heat team and boston

http://ge.tt/6SaWd96/11vsjdj.jpg.gif

TheSullyMonster
01-04-2011, 01:44 PM

NYC is a great place to live.