01-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Game still amazes me. Horry one of the most under-rated players of all time

BZdik09RGJI

tdunk21
01-04-2011, 01:09 PM
7 rings

tp2021
01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
That dunk and the last 3 pointer are the stuff of legend, and will remain a part of Spurs lore forever...and we can all say we saw it one day to our next generations of Spurs fans.

Big Shot :tu

Dex
01-04-2011, 01:22 PM
That dunk and the last 3 pointer are the stuff of legend, and will remain a part of Spurs lore forever...and we can all say we saw it one day to our next generations of Spurs fans.

Simply amazing game.

My GF at the time was dying to go out for the evening, and I was glued to the TV. Pretty sure that started a fight later. Well worth it.

The jumping, hooping and hollering probably didn't help. :lmao

tdunk21
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM

the way horry clutched his arm after that dunk, i thought he is done for the evening.....

TheSullyMonster
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think any fan of a team Horry played for underrates him.

Well, maybe Arizona.

Fermixalot
01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Hubie Brown's call on the replay always gets me.

"You know, you KNOW the most dangerous man is the guy bringing it out of bounds"

phyzik
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
still gives me goose bumps....

greyforest
01-04-2011, 02:20 PM
FINALLY a good thread. Robert Horry is still in Pizza Hut commercials around here.

More rings than Jordan, and not without merit. Probably one of the most clutch players of all time. I wonder if he will make the HOF, despite not having glorious numbers regularly...

Mark in Austin
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Crazy how close that dunk was from going off the front of the rim. You can actually see the ball deflect slightly as it grazes the rim.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-04-2011, 02:40 PM
My favorite moment was after the game in the press room, when Tim commented on Robert. (it's at the end of this clip)

veAUXCP29K8

spurs10
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Absolutely badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rummpd
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I was there in person per another thread on the most I ever did to see a Spurs game! Was unreal and he broke thousands of Piston's fans hearts!

KuntryDude
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
.............and don't forget him straight knocking the shit out of Nash. Bob.....what a guy

samikeyp
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
The look on Duncan's face when he came up to hug Rob was priceless..it was almost like "man, i don't believe what you just did!" :tu

coyotes_geek
01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
My favorite part of the video of Horry's shot is the piston fan in the white shirt just a few rows behind the Spurs bench who as soon as Horry gets the ball back puts his hands on his head in complete "oh shit" anticipation of what's about to happen.

urunobili
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
one of my favorite players ALL TIME :tu

Em-City
01-04-2011, 06:24 PM
gerat guy & an absolute baller..

i'm just pissed he played for the lakers when he could have been in our corner helping us whip their butts

YoMamaIsCallin
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
My favorite part of the video of Horry's shot is the piston fan in the white shirt just a few rows behind the Spurs bench who as soon as Horry gets the ball back puts his hands on his head in complete "oh shit" anticipation of what's about to happen.

Yes that was wonderful.

Rasheed Wallace is a real idiot, isn't he? They showed audio of Larry Brown telling the team "No 3s!" before the play. And for some unfathomable reason, he goes and DOUBLES Ginobili in the corner, leaving Horry wide open!

As Brent Barry says in my clip: "He got a look on his face... almost a smirk... like 'You're leaving ME open???' "

GSH
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Unquestionably the most under-rated player of all time. And, as far as I am concerned, the highest basketball IQ of all time. Horry had an uncanny sense of the ebb and flow of momentum in a game. It's not just the big plays that he produced, it was the fact that so many of them came at exactly the right time to change the momentum of a game.

Other than hardcore fans, most people forget about all the charges he sucked out, the inbounds passes he intercepted, the perfect court-length outlet passes, the unbelievable shot blocks - just when we needed them most. One of my biggest disappointments in all of basketball is how he is remembered for that one play in Phoenix, where he blocked Nash out of bounds. I wish somebody would get the video for what happened in the minutes before that play:

The Spurs had let a solid lead go away, and Phoenix had taken control of the game. I remember the Spurs (finally) scoring, and then Horry intercepted the inbounds pass and took a couple of steps for a dunk. Suddenly the game was close enough for the Spurs to possibly pull it out.

On that last play, the Spurs had gotten a defensive stop and brought the ball up the court quickly. (I think the Suns were only up by 3 at that point.) We missed the shot, and Horry had position to get the rebound, but got knocked to the floor and the Suns got the ball back. The game still wasn't out of reach, but we needed an intentional foul. Finley (I think) tried to foul, but was too slow.

As Horry got up off the floor, he surveyed the situation and sprinted to get down the court in front of Nash. For another player, an intentional foul was the proper play, but Horry attempted to draw a charge - something he had done successfully many, many times before. If he had gotten the charge call, he would have gotten to shoot 2 free throws - which he almost certainly would have made, and the Spurs would only have been down by 1 point. It was one of the most heads-up plays you will ever see.

Everyone knows how it turned out. Nash maneuvered just enough to avoid getting the charge, and Horry had no choice but to intentionally foul. Exactly what Finley had tried to do a few seconds before, and what any other Spur on the floor should have been doing. Nash flew like he had been hit by a truck, and came up like he wanted to fight. The rest is history.

What pisses me off is that so many people defined his career by a few 3-point shots and that one play. What pisses me off even more is that so many Spurs fans joined the bandwagon that the play in Phoenix was dirty. What pisses me off the most is that Nash finally came out and admitted that he flopped to make the fall look worse than it was, but the sports writers (and fans) didn't line up to apologize.

coyotes_geek
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes that was wonderful.

Rasheed Wallace is a real idiot, isn't he? They showed audio of Larry Brown telling the team "No 3s!" before the play. And for some unfathomable reason, he goes and DOUBLES Ginobili in the corner, leaving Horry wide open!

As Brent Barry says in my clip: "He got a look on his face... almost a smirk... like 'You're leaving ME open???' "

It's certainly got to be in the top 3 of most boneheaded plays in NBA playoff history. I can't put Rasheed at no 1 though. That honor goes to Derek Harper of the mavs and his dribbling out the game clock in a tie game against the lakers back in the 80s.