PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash Still With the Suns ... for Now

duncan228
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Steve Nash Still With the Suns ... for Now (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/steve-nash-still-with-suns-for-now/)
By Sam Amick

The game itself, once again, did nothing to reveal the number of circles on Steve Nash's tree trunk.

The ageless Phoenix Suns point guard was nearly perfect in a loss to the lowly Sacramento Kings on Sunday night, carving up one of the league's youngest teams with his trademark offensive brilliance. He hit all eight of his shots from the field and both of his free throws en route to a 20-point outing. Nash was his unselfish self with his teammates as well, and perhaps even too selfless this time around.

He passed up an open layup in the final minute that would have cut the deficit to one, firing a pass to new teammate Mickael Pietrus in the right corner for an errant, game-tying 3-point attempt. Still, Nash's scoring combined with 12 assists and just two turnovers was, once again, the kind of point guard play that NBA executives dream of.

But his Suns lost for the eighth time in their last 11 games nonetheless, and the unavoidable truth that Nash is 36 years old was finally evident afterward as he talked to reporters at his locker inside Arco Arena. The once-boyish face was nowhere to be found, replaced by the mug of a man with a 5 o'clock shadow that features as much gray hair as it does brown.

With the way the new-look Suns are looking, the grays aren't going to stop growing anytime soon.

This is why opposing teams aren't convinced the Suns won't trade Nash before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, because the notion that one of the league's brightest diamonds will stay stuck in this desert rough during his twilight years is simply too hard to comprehend. And that skepticism, according to a source who was recently briefed on the Suns' thinking, might still turn out to be warranted.

While the 14-18 Suns made it clear recently that their six-player trade with Orlando was not a precursor to moving Nash, the option is being considered and they are, according to the source, "on the fence" about which direction to go. The next month will be key in the decision-making process, as there is a mixture of belief and hope that the additions of Vince Carter, Pietrus and Marcin Gortat can fortify the defense and help turn the season around in time for a playoff push.

But the Suns are well aware that Nash is their most valuable trade asset when it comes to expediting the rebuilding process, and the continuation of their current slide might speed up their possible decision to part ways with the seven-time All-Star and two-time MVP. Phoenix, which pushed the champion Lakers to six games in last season's Western Conference Finals after a surprisingly-deep postseason run, is 1-2 since having Carter, Pietrus and Gortat in the fold, having lost to Philadelphia and downed Detroit before the inexcusable loss to the league's worst team in the Kings.

Keep Reading... (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/steve-nash-still-with-suns-for-now/)

TE
01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
They should trade him to a contender in the East, Steve Nash deserves a shot at the championship.

Xylus
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
It's seriously time to start rebuilding. Unless they pull off some amazing trade before the deadline for a star power forward, I don't see the Suns even making the playoffs this year.

Trade Nash for picks and promising youth. I'd rather suck for a few years and bounce back a great team, rather than being stuck in mediocrity for the next decade.

urunobili
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Nash with the Heat would be scary

dbestpro
01-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Nash with the Heat would be scary

Nash plays best with shooters not scorers. Scorers need the ball in their hands. There is barely enough ball to go around now in Miami.

He would be awsome in NY providing they don't have to give up Gallinari or Chandler. He would be dangerous in Atllanta too.

The best place would OKC if they moved Westbrooks to the SG.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Nash quit on Porter, and took Bell & Diaw with him. That wasn't right.

He deserves squat.

Booharv
01-04-2011, 06:56 PM

He deserves squat.

Kobe quit on the Lakers though, as you have admitted iirc.

D-Wade #3
01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
kobe quit on the lakers though, as you have admitted iirc.

+1

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Kobe quit on the Lakers though, as you have admitted iirc.

True. I have no problem eating that shit sandwich. As such, I'm gonna drop the dime on every other cocknocker that's done likewise. That's only fair and only proper.

That's why I was absolutely thrilled when Nash did it.

DPG21920
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
True. I have no problem eating that shit sandwich. As such, I'm gonna drop the dime on every other cocknocker that's done likewise. That's only fair and only proper.

That's why I was absolutely thrilled when Nash did it.

So does Kobe deserve nothing? I guess the titles don't count. Your words. Yours alone. As soon as you celebrate any success, I'll be there to knock ya's down. It's my duty.

NRHector
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM

He deserves squat.You quit on the USA at Vietnam, are you going to drop the dime on yourself :toast

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
You know the drill, fuckface.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
So does Kobe deserve nothing? I guess the titles don't count. Your words. Yours alone. As soon as you celebrate any success, I'll be there to knock ya's down. It's my duty.

I look forward to your challenge with equal amounts of both anticipation & determination.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Cubby get a job brah, and a hobby.

I'm retired. I don't w*rk. It's my religion.

This, this is my hobby.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Nash deserves a Ring. One of my favorite players.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Nash is reaping what he sowed.

He's branded. Scorned with the blood of a man. What do you do when you're branded, and you know you're a man?

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:40 PM
My j*b is checkin' assholes hereabouts.

BlackSwordsMan
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM
US dollar he'd old. Its about time the world has moved on.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Your job will soon be scavaging for food whenever the government checks stop and hyperinflation sets in. China and Russia? Yeah, they're taking measures to get away from the fraudulent US dollar which is backed by nothing other than a false promise from a corrupted puppet government ran by a shadow government pulling the strings.

I'm hopin' the checks don't run out before I'm neatly ensconced in a jar on the children's mantle.

tee, hee.

TheSullyMonster
01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Cubby get a job brah, and a hobby.

Trolling us IS his hobby.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Trolling us IS his hobby.

Yep. & you f'ers love it. I'm a troll, with a heart.

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
You know the drill, fuckface.

I apologize, Hector. As per usual I carried yet another tact on way too long.

Sorry dude.

Koolaid_Man
01-05-2011, 08:23 AM
You don't want to defeat the sorry bastards who engineered the collapse of the country you served and risked your life for, in the name of said children's future? I think waking up, spreading the word, and joining the good guys is more productive than this, if you don't wnat to work. Pretty selfish that you don't care what happens to them after you're gone tbh.

STFU...aren't you the homo that wanted me to play video games with you just so you could hear my voice....:lol

So in honor of your bitchassness...Imma dedicate this to you and yo homies...

Some are you niggas are bitches too...
91uiCqUd1lc

Koolaid_Man
01-05-2011, 08:29 AM

He deserves squat.

yeah Nash went downright mutinous on Porter...but you gotta watch Nash he can be a violent lil muthafucker...I mean check this out:
Nash Reveals Violent Thoughts On Refs After Technical

Steve Nash picked up a technical foul during the Suns' 123-110 loss to the Sixers on Wednesday. ( this was last week)

Nash demonstratively argued with an official following an out-of-bounds call during the fourth quarter. Nash continued to argue after receiving the technical call.

"I'm going to fucking punch one of these motherfuckers in the face," said Nash to Alvin Gentry according to two sources.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70845/20101230/nash_reveals_violent_thoughts_on_refs_after_techni cal/#ixzz19cpnaXAQ (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70845/20101230/nash_reveals_violent_thoughts_on_refs_after_techni cal/#ixzz19cpnaXAQ)

Steroid Nash done turned into an angry white man...but for the record I would love to see him punch somebody...anybody...:lmao

pauls931
01-05-2011, 09:11 AM
They should trade him to a contender in the East, Steve Nash deserves a shot at the championship.

I approve of this message. Good for Nash, good for the Suns.