PDA

View Full Version : Caron Butler injury, the best thing that could've happened to us?

MavFan6488
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
seriously, it seemed like every time he touched the ball, our offense just stopped. he ruined the flow of our offense every time imo. we ran plays for him, isolated him, and he rewarded us with zero penetration to the basket. the only move he had in his repertoire was that little pump fake before he went up to jack up another jump shot with the defender still all over him (cause no defender is going to fall for it anymore, it's no secret that he can't finish near the rim). i'm not going to miss him much tbh. his numbers look pretty good on paper, 45 FG%, but you knew that number was going to fall off in the playoffs, like it did last year, because he is nothing but a jump shooter who can't create anything for himself when things get tight.

i can only see positives through his absence:
- marion is going to start and see a lot more minutes. he's had some great games for us as a starter this year, and he's far less predictable on offense.
- roddy will get more shots when he's healthy and more playing time probably.
- no more ugly butler isolation plays. thank god!
- more deshawn stephenson. he's a great defender and is having a great season from beyond the arc.

and the most important thing:
- mavs front office might go for stephen jackson now. i think he's a guy that could put us over the hump..

Kidd - Jackson - Marion - Dirk - Chandler

that would be the best mav-starting 5 ever, offensively and defensively imo tbh.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
*crickets*

D-Wade #3
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Lol in denial
Lol overrating roddy

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
No, its not. Its definitely a bad thing unless we make a trade (not too likely) and that trade works out (less likely).

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol in denial
Lol overrating roddy

lol this clown finally brought back his troll after being named "worst troll" by his own spurfan :lol

timvp
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Lochness, Goblin, Ghoul, a Roddy with no conscience. Question: What do all these things have in common?

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
They rape shit.

Phillip
01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I can definitely see the OP's viewpoint, and agree with a lot of his assessment. If other guys like Roddy, Marion, and Stephenson do step up as we hope, their stepping up could bring more to the team than Butler was able to. It will definitely be interesting.

koriwhat
01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
hahaha

MavFan6488
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
- more deshawn stephenson. he's a great defender and is having a great season from beyond the arc.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/deshawn_stevenson/ (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/deshawn_stevenson/)

forgive me, deshawn! :lol

MavFan6488
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I can definitely see the OP's viewpoint, and agree with a lot of his assessment. If other guys like Roddy, Marion, and Stephenson do step up as we hope, their stepping up could bring more to the team than Butler was able to. It will definitely be interesting.
:lol:lol

Crickets
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
another big break for the spurts

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
:lol:lol

What is funny about Stevenson?
You think he isn't capable of helping fill the void?

NVM, laughing about how he spelled Stevenson:lol

MavFan6488
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM
What is funny about Stevenson?
You think he isn't capable of helping fill the void?
just read the post above and you will understand.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM
just read the post above and you will understand.

yea got it

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
You wouldn't believe how many times I see that on the db.com boards

D-Wade #3
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
lol this clown finally brought back his troll after being named "worst troll" by his own spurfan :lol

Mav fan would know "troll"

YoMamaIsCallin
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Wow, denial much?

Butler is a fringe-all-star level player. He is very, very good. Losing him is going to hurt. All the players you mention have holes in their game. Marion disappears for long stretches. Beaubois has zero defense. DeShawn is a decent player but nowhere near the fringe-all-star level that Butler is.

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Mav fan would know "troll"

Thats really all you got?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Hey Roddy, the poster above says you have no defense
care to respond?

MavDynasty
01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
tbh The loss of Butler is going to hurt. Over the past few games he has been pretty efficient at scoring the ball and he was no slouch on defense as well. Mavs are fucked imo, especially with Dirk still out the next few games.

Roddy Beaubois
care to respond?

not really.

D-Wade #3

The irony of that post :wow :lmao

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
oh wow. Spurfan was right.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
not really.

I wouldn't want to either

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
tbh The loss of Butler is going to hurt. Over the past few games he has been pretty efficient at scoring the ball and he was no slouch on defense as well. Mavs are fucked imo, especially with Dirk still out the next few games.

Good to see you join in on the discussion

Giuseppe
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
The "best thing" is a Suns/Spurs type assinine protocol. It's maddening.

There but for the grace of God goes us all, but, when it happens you shut the fuck up and you soldier on. You got 15 slots. It's incumbent upon the organization to wisely stock those 15 slots in order to brazen it out should disaster strike.

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Phil Jackson- "“He (Butler) just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill"

Mark Cuban- “I love that Jeanie Buss’ boy-toy had something to say about us. I don’t know if it was his thought or Jeanie’s thought, but it’s nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams.”

endrity
01-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow, denial much?

Butler is a fringe-all-star level player. He is very, very good. Losing him is going to hurt. All the players you mention have holes in their game. Marion disappears for long stretches. Beaubois has zero defense. DeShawn is a decent player but nowhere near the fringe-all-star level that Butler is.

Actually there's hardly another player in the league more equipped to defend the speedy PGs that are now in abundance all over the NBA. Roddy did quite a number on a lot of them last year, Monta, Parker, Jennings. If anything his problem was that he was too eager to do it, picking fouls quite easily. But Roddy will be a very good defensive player, it was easy to see in his first year what potential he has for that side of the game.

The problem with the Mav fans right now is that I think we are overrating his offensive potential. This isn't a guy who is ready to be a 2nd or 3rd scorer for a championship team yet. He's barely played more than a handful of games in this league, yet some of us are expecting him to be tearing apart the Celtics in June?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Phil Jackson- "“He (Butler) just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill"

Mark Cuban- “I love that Jeanie Buss’ boy-toy had something to say about us. I don’t know if it was his thought or Jeanie’s thought, but it’s nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams.”

Cuban the man

DPG21920
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Cuban with GNSF comeback.

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 09:05 PM

That was way better than anything a GNSF could come up with.
If it were a GNSF he would of been like "LOL! You got all your rings from Jordan, Shaq, and the Gasol trade! LOL!"

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 09:21 PM

You default to that retort way too quickly, imho. Pace yourself, brah.

DPG21920
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
:lol Mav fan with the "Our own never say stupid sh*t" shtick again.

Like clockwork tbh...

DPG21920
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
If GNSF said something like that, 800 killer mav fans would be all over that ish.

BUMP
01-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Cuban would be a badass troll if he registered at ST

ElNono
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM

:lol

frodo
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM

picklebreaths think similar, no surprise really

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM

Yoda vs gay Frankenstein. Who ya got?

ElNono
01-05-2011, 12:18 AM
As far as the OP, injuries suck. They're never a positive no matter how you want to spin it.

HeatChamps
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Mavs fans are in denial. Caron Butler was the Mavs MVP (not _irk). They have no tuff juice now. All that is left is pussy juice.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Mavs fans are in denial. Caron Butler was the Mavs MVP (not _irk). They have no tuff juice now. All that is left is pussy juice.

*crickets*

Ghazi
01-05-2011, 01:01 AM

such fail in this

ButtHurt Committee
01-05-2011, 01:14 AM

:lmao

frodo
01-05-2011, 01:50 AM

good thing is RC has realized findog is no first-team material. Marion was the starting PF in the recent two games and the mavs won both