PDA

View Full Version : Fear Not, Mavs Fans!

Donnie Nelson
01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm on the case!

It appears all of you have heard the bad news about Caron. We were especially heartbroken that a savvy veteran like Mr. Butler will be gone for the season. His savvy veteran status and experience in the league were huge assets. Sure, he could also shoot from midrange, attack the basket, and dunk, but really we miss his savvy veteran presence.

However, with Caron Butler gone, most of you may think this season could be a lost cause. Let me comfort you with a message of hope. The Dallas Mavericks will not go quietly into that good night, my little children. We will soldier on, and we will fight! With this in mind, I have a Five Point Plan that will be enacted starting immediately. This Five Point Plan is what will give this team the needed boost to recover from the Butler injury and push this team into the NBA Finals!

The Donnie Nelson Five Point Plan

1. Make absolutely no trades at all - let's face it, a trade at this point would be counterproductive. Why trade our savvy veterans for another team's less savvy veterans? Our team prides itself on it's life experience and ability to make the most of limited athleticism. No need messing that up with a young athletic scorer in the prime of his career.

2. Keep Beaubois on the bench until next season - Call me crazy, but I've seen Roddy grow more as a player in the past 3 months than he did all of last season. He now understands that the Dallas Mavericks philosophy involves point guards with no lateral quickness whatsoever. He took it a little too far and broke his own foot, but by next season he'll learn that there's no point going in for a point blank layup when it's alot easier to shoot an 18 footer.

3. Get Erick Dampier and DeSagana Diop back - We're expecting both of those players to be cut by mid-March, we'll get them back for sure. Tyson Chandler has never shut down Tim Duncan for 3 minutes in a Game 7 overtime, why ask him to do it now? Just get a guy that's done it before!

4. Hand over the starting PG reins to JJ Barea - Let's face it, when it comes to veteran savvy, Kidd and Barea are just about equals at this point. I give the edge to JJ because at the end of a big game, he has the courage to keep the ball out of Dirk's hands and try to take over himself.

5. If all else fails, save $1000 dollars over the next few months, then make a huge liquor store run in late April - That way we'll all be too drunk to see any possible playoff failure.

Pray for me, all of you. Pray really hard. This Five Point Plan better work, or Mark says he's going to use The Anal Eradicator on me again.

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
:lol the goods

timvp
01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Don't forget about Shan Foster. His ability to play the piano is nothing to scoff at.

urunobili
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Mavs ain't dead yet. Not even close to it. Cuban won't mind paying to get it done.

D-Wade #3
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Mavs ain't dead yet. Not even close to it. Cuban won't mind paying to get it done.

He'll pay and it still won't get done

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
He'll pay and it still won't get done

How did you come up with that unique tag "D- Wade#3"

D-Wade #3
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
How did you come up with that unique tag "D- Wade#3"

Because it wouldn't let me pick the "06"

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Good to know.
Something I haven't seen before, so was curious

Zelophehad
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
:lmao

Warlord23
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Great points, Donnie. Only things I'd add are:

6. Get the most out of Jason Terry by running more plays for him. The dude can kill teams all by himself; why waste his prodigious scoring talent?

7. Play Brian Cardinal more, at the expense of Chandler/Haywood. He brings more veteran savvy (having been in the league longer), and more importantly can shoot from 18 feet and beyond.

BUMP
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
:lmao

Dex
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I think the Mavs were on to something with that Cardinal / Ajinca frontcourt. Throw in Mahinmi, and you can take that 'ship to the bank!

LnGrrrR
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm on the case!

It appears all of you have heard the bad news about Caron. We were especially heartbroken that a savvy veteran like Mr. Butler will be gone for the season. His savvy veteran status and experience in the league were huge assets. Sure, he could also shoot from midrange, attack the basket, and dunk, but really we miss his savvy veteran presence.

However, with Caron Butler gone, most of you may think this season could be a lost cause. Let me comfort you with a message of hope. The Dallas Mavericks will not go quietly into that good night, my little children. We will soldier on, and we will fight! With this in mind, I have a Five Point Plan that will be enacted starting immediately. This Five Point Plan is what will give this team the needed boost to recover from the Butler injury and push this team into the NBA Finals!

1. Make absolutely no trades at all - let's face it, a trade at this point would be counterproductive. Why trade our savvy veterans for another team's less savvy veterans? Our team prides itself on it's life experience and ability to make the most of limited athleticism. No need messing that up with a young athletic scorer in the prime of his career.

2. Keep Beaubois on the bench until next season - Call me crazy, but I've seen Roddy grow more as a player in the past 3 months than he did all of last season. He now understands that the Dallas Mavericks philosophy involves point guards with no lateral quickness whatsoever. He took it a little too far and broke his own foot, but by next season he'll learn that there's no point going in for a point blank layup when it's alot easier to shoot an 18 footer.

3. Get Erick Dampier and DeSagana Diop back - We're expecting both of those players to be cut by mid-March, we'll get them back for sure. Tyson Chandler has never shut down Tim Duncan for 3 minutes in a Game 7 overtime, why ask him to do it now? Just get a guy that's done it before!

4. Hand over the starting PG reins to JJ Barea - Let's face it, when it comes to veteran savvy, Kidd and Barea are just about equals at this point. I give the edge to JJ because at the end of a big game, he has the courage to keep the ball out of Dirk's hands and try to take over himself.

5. If all else fails, save $1000 dollars over the next few months, then make a huge liquor store run in late April - That way we'll all be too drunk to see any possible playoff failure.

Pray for me, all of you. Pray really hard. This Five Point Plan better work, or Mark says he's going to use The Anal Eradicator on me again.

I gave this post a thumbs-up after the very first point.

Golden.

BlackSwordsMan
01-04-2011, 08:13 PM
holy shit funniest thing I've ever read on here

endrity
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
You know, Mavs fans (just like any other for that reason) complain about lack of moves from the FO as well as call for coaches to be fired. But to me it's just a clear case of the "grass is greener on the other side".

Think about how much contracts this team has taken on, in order to be competitive. How can anyone call Donnie and Cubes cheap when the Mavs have always had one of the biggest payrolls in the league??

We complain about moves, but since 2002 has anyone made more big trades than the Mavs have. Van Exel and LaFrentz in 2002, Walker and Jamison in the summer of 03, the big overhaul in the summer of 04 that brought us Terry, Stack, Dampier and laid the foundation for the 2006 run to the Finals, Kidd in 08, Butler and Haywood 2010. This seems anything but a team afraid to pull the trigger. And eventhough the Mavs have always had late picks in the draft they have been able to find some quality players there as well with Howard, Daniels, Beaubois, as well as drafting Harris with the 5th pick in addition to taking on Stack from the Wizards in the Jamison deal. This looks pretty good to me.

They've failed to get a big name next to Dirk, and I will be the first to admit that, but this isn't Isiah or Mike Kahn we're talking about here. Far from it actually.

sribb43
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Gotta love Donnie reaching out to the Mavs nation

Roddy Beaubois
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I gave this post a thumbs-up after the very first point.

Golden.

tbh Donnie would actually say something about how they are remaining "opportunistic" but don't want to make a move just too make a move. He would tell us that he loves his boys in blue and to remember that "silence isn't inactivity".
He would also probably reference the Gasol trade at some point to show just how great the trade has to be for it not to be lateral.

frodo
01-05-2011, 03:19 AM
You know, Mavs fans (just like any other for that reason) complain about lack of moves from the FO as well as call for coaches to be fired. But to me it's just a clear case of the "grass is greener on the other side".

Think about how much contracts this team has taken on, in order to be competitive. How can anyone call Donnie and Cubes cheap when the Mavs have always had one of the biggest payrolls in the league??

We complain about moves, but since 2002 has anyone made more big trades than the Mavs have. Van Exel and LaFrentz in 2002, Walker and Jamison in the summer of 03, the big overhaul in the summer of 04 that brought us Terry, Stack, Dampier and laid the foundation for the 2006 run to the Finals, Kidd in 08, Butler and Haywood 2010. This seems anything but a team afraid to pull the trigger. And eventhough the Mavs have always had late picks in the draft they have been able to find some quality players there as well with Howard, Daniels, Beaubois, as well as drafting Harris with the 5th pick in addition to taking on Stack from the Wizards in the Jamison deal. This looks pretty good to me.

They've failed to get a big name next to Dirk, and I will be the first to admit that, but this isn't Isiah or Mike Kahn we're talking about here. Far from it actually.

donnie just didn't sign such a cancer like marbury, except that his management was no better than Isiah did the past decade. back to the summer of 05, the mavs had the #5 pick with which they drafted Devin Harris. however, he wasn't the guy that donnie wanted to select with the #5 pick. the moron dogmatically insisted the russian center podkolzin would be a great asset for mavs and the #5 pick should be used to draft him. he only dropped this idea because of his dad's strong disapproval, but he still ended up getting him with the #21 pick.

endrity
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
donnie just didn't sign such a cancer like marbury, except that his management was no better than Isiah did the past decade. back to the summer of 05, the mavs had the #5 pick with which they drafted Devin Harris. however, he wasn't the guy that donnie wanted to select with the #5 pick. the moron dogmatically insisted the russian center podkolzin would be a great asset for mavs and the #5 pick should be used to draft him. he only dropped this idea because of his dad's strong disapproval, but he still ended up getting him with the #21 pick.

At this point this is pure speculation, the Mavs got Stack and a number 5 pick for Jamison. That was pretty good. That pick turned out to be Harris, and he became pretty good as well. That transaction is certainly a plus in his resume.

Anyway, we also know that Donnie is not the only one calling the shots in the Mavs FO. It's always been a group work with him, Cuban and the coach.

So my post more than defending Donnie per se, is a post defending the whole of the Mavs FO, which has been one of the most active and fearless in trying to build a winning roster, has consistently done so, yet failed just a bit short of the championship. While we complain now, there are a lot of fans in the league who would have wanted to have the same run the Mavs have had this decade.

Donnie Nelson
06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm on the case!

It appears some of you may have thought my plan was a joke. Turns out it wasn't :lol I only failed in getting Dampier/Diop, but in the end it still worked out!

JJ Hickson
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
:lmao Wow. Just wow.

Ghazi
06-13-2011, 08:07 PM
major props to our FO... the Carlisle hiring, the Marion, Butler//Haywood/Stevenson, and Chandler trades... signing Peja... drafting Beaubois

everything worked out :)

frodo
06-14-2011, 03:45 AM
yeah donnie be a real genius nigga, its real bliss to have such a GM managing your team imho