lol 7 seconds or less
lol no Gali
lol Manus turnaround fadeaway leaner from 16 feet
lol Neal derailed
lol Knicks win
lol Pop quitin' with over 3 mins left

ezau
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Good game by the Knicks. No excuses with the loss. It's good to know that we don't have to deal with Amare's anymore. The guy's a fucking beast.

Muser
01-04-2011, 09:52 PM
lol blaming Pop for "Quitting" when the starters had been sucking ass all night.

Texas_Ranger
01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
:lol Spurs

Banzai
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Felton was a beast..also it is good to see Madison Square Garden full again.

Darth_Pelican
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Raymond Felton (http://www.spurstalk.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2753) 28 points

Amare Stoudemire (http://www.spurstalk.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1727) 28 points

Wilson Chandler (http://www.spurstalk.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3194) 31 points

:wow

:depressed

Sense
01-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Zone defense killed the Spurs.. and the horrible shot selection + turnovers...

all in all, Spurs got mentally fucked and lost this shit after the first quarter.

ulosturedge
The Knicks shooting like they were part of a video game tonight. Anyways hats off to them they have a pretty good team.

Spursmania
felton was a beast..also it is good to see madison square garden full again.

+1

NRHector
01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
we sucked tonight no doubt about it

lefty
01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Felton was a beast..also it is good to see Madison Square Garden full again.
I agree

Bartleby
01-04-2011, 09:59 PM
lol 29-5

WeNeedLength
01-04-2011, 09:59 PM
All i can say really about the Knicks shooting is this:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol

and finally....

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

But seriously good game Bockers fans, you really raped usPERIOD.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:01 PM
we sucked tonight no doubt about it

offense was great ... defense was Phoenixesque ...

You guys need a Gortat to go off ...after a game like this LOL

midnightpulp
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Good game, Knicks.

Gonna be tough to get tomorrow's game.

Hooks
01-04-2011, 10:03 PM
The defense should be much much much better once our only backup SF JA comes back :wakeup.

I have no doubt the Spurs will beat the Knicks the next time they play.

jag
01-04-2011, 10:05 PM
That shit's embarrassing. If the Spurs want to run n gun they deserve to lose like that.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
29-5 is not embarassing Knicks had to play amazing to win that game still ...

ezau
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Pop can't beat _Antoni in his own game. Ohhh, wait.

BlackSwordsMan
01-04-2011, 10:08 PM
_pur_
There's no S in spurs.

jag
01-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Giving up 90 pts at the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter is embarrassing.

jeebus
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Kinda hard to beat a team when they go off like that. Oh well, can't win them all.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Wake me up when they have lost 10 games like most of the NBA ... Spurs should of been blown out they were in it until late ...

Brazil
01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
most points conceaded in Duncan's era.... what a fucking ugly night

j-money24
You can't win them all, Spurs still the best team in the league..

Representing the L..A Spurs over here!

WeNeedLength

Unless you're D'antoni. That is actually in his playbook. To suck asshole on defense but hope his shooters are hot. Good luck Mr. Pringles, you'll be needing it if you expect to beat the elite East teams in the playoffs. Enjoy this win brahs. :hat

Hooks
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
This must be how Mavs fans felt in '07, pretty frustrating.

ElNono
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
lol 128 points
lol championship defense

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
i know the loss is fresh but spur fans should have some championship perspective and HAVE to expect teams to start gunning for them with a record like that ...

Muser
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn, everyone in meltdown mode after one bad game.

Jelloisjigglin
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
You can't win them all, Spurs still the best team in the league..

Representing the L..A Spurs over here!

20 rings bitch :hat

ezau
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
So what's next? Boston?

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Maybe if you face the Knicks in the Finals this game would mean A LITTLE ... this loss proves nothing in the big scheme of things ...

DJ Mbenga
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
wow. gailniari didnt even play. and he can actually shoot.

WeNeedLength
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe if you face the Knicks in the Finals this game would mean A LITTLE ... this loss proves nothing in the big scheme of things ...

Damn, a Lakers fan telling us Spurs fans to come back down to earth. I can smell that irony from here. :lmao

ezau
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Killa, you're a good poster, too good actually. TBH, I was expecting the Spurs to win today and lose against the Celts tomorrow. Although we have always matched up well against the Celtics, it's gonna be tough to be them on the road and on the second night of a back-to-back. I still hope we still have enough gas to win tomorrow.

ohmwrecker
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Bound to lose a game every once in a while, chicken little. The Spurs will bounce back in Boston tomorrow.

WeNeedLength
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
wow. gailniari didnt even play. and he can actually shoot.

First of all, fix you're fucking sig. It's stretching out the god damn thread which is annoying as shit.

Secondly, all the fillers played miles above their heads to fill in for him. I'de gander the Spurs would have beat them with Gallo playing, but that's just me. Gotta keep the eyes on the prize and not fluke shooting nights by an eastern team. :lobt2:

jag
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Wake me up when they have lost 10 games like most of the NBA ... Spurs should of been blown out they were in it until late ...

Why do the records of other teams matter when it comes to the spurs playing defense? That was embarrassing and suns-like

Trill Clinton
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Spurs Suuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkk

ohmwrecker
01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Why do the records of other teams matter when it comes to the spurs playing defense? That was embarrassing and suns-like

The Knicks are a tough match up defensively for the Spurs. Throw in an unbelievable shooting night and +10 in TOs and you have the Spurs playing catch up all night. It's indicative of absolutely nothing.

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Damn, a Lakers fan telling us Spurs fans to come back down to earth. I can smell that irony from here. :lmao

Im just saying that the big cushion the spurs have ...record wise allows you guys to to even take backtoback losses and still have a comfortable lead for HCA ...

Now Boston you have a chance of playing in the Finals ... but as you proved against teh cavs losing to a team in the regular season doesnt preclude you from beating that ass in the post-season. And what would a win over a injury depleted Celts team prove?

jag
01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
The Knicks are a tough match up defensively for the Spurs. Throw in an unbelievable shooting night and +10 in TOs and you have the Spurs playing catch up all night. It's indicative of absolutely nothing.

What did I say it was indicative of?

Killakobe81
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
The Spurs are not the DEFENSIVE team of old ...no they are shitty like the old suns ...but the past 3 games are not real either. Spurs will nee dto play uptempo to win it's their new identity ...

j-money24
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
20 rings bitch :hat

:toast

Venti Quattro
01-04-2011, 10:36 PM
29-5... non-issue

ohmwrecker
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
What did I say it was indicative of?

That the Spurs are like the Suns . . .

WeNeedLength
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Im just saying that the big cushion the spurs have ...record wise allows you guys to to even take backtoback losses and still have a comfortable lead for HCA ...

Now Boston you have a chance of playing in the Finals ... but as you proved against teh cavs losing to a team in the regular season doesnt preclude you from beating that ass in the post-season. And what would a win over a injury depleted Celts team prove?

I know, I know. I was just bustin' your balls is all. :p:

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 02:19 AM
The Spurs were making it look too easy. This asswhopping from the Knicks and Pop waiving the white flag too early, should wake them the hell up.

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 06:05 AM
^Maybe like the loss last nite to the Knicks was like a good thing.

tee, hee.

urunobili
01-05-2011, 06:11 AM
lol Manu = Trash

100%duncan
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
lol at you dumbshit thread starter dont whine every damn time we lose a game

jag
01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
That the Spurs are like the Suns . . .

I said the loss was embarrassing and Suns-like.

Was it a high scoring game with poor defense?

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I said the loss was embarrassing and Suns-like.

It's one game in which the Spurs played poor defense unlike they have been playing lately. Therefore . . . indicative of nothing.

It wasn't just defense that lost that game anyway.

Brazil
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Not a big deal to loose a game in the Madison against a hot shooting team but this game is worrisome on some aspects:

- loosing is one thing taking 128 pts in the ass in another
- we have serious serious issue to defend the 3s, this game is a confirmation of what we have seen for instance against Orlando. If you have good 3 pts shooters you have a good chance to defeat the spurs
- entering in a basket trade competition against NY is not very clever, we certainly lacked some bb IQ yesterday
- We have now an important risk to loose 2 in a row playing against the Celts after such a shoot out

jag
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
It's one game in which the Spurs played poor defense unlike they have been playing lately. Therefore . . . indicative of nothing.

It wasn't just defense that lost that game anyway.

It was actually a really simple question.

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 10:30 AM
And still the Neal freeze out goes on. Media is still searching high & low for a strategy to explain how he ended up in Texas.

tee, hee.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
It was actually a really simple question.

It was a simple question, but completely irrelevant to my point. One game is no indication of how this team is playing on average or will continue to play. However, if you really need an answer to your question . . .

Yes. It was a high scoring game in which the Spurs played below average defense.

jag
01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
It was a simple question, but completely irrelevant to my point. One game is no indication of how this team is playing on average or will continue to play. However, if you really need an answer to your question . . .

Yes. It was a high scoring game in which the Spurs played below average defense.

How has anything you've said in this thread, other than your response to my actual question, been relevant to my point that the game against the Knicks "was embarrassing and suns-like"?

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
How has anything you've said in this thread, other than your response to my actual question, been relevant to my point that the game against the Knicks "was embarrassing and suns-like"?

The loss wasn't at all "Suns-like" because the Suns could have won that game. I said that a bad, one-game performance by the Spurs does not indicate that they are the "new Suns". That comparison is idiotic and unsupported by facts.

jag
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
The loss wasn't at all "Suns-like" because the Suns could have won that game. I said that a bad, one-game performance by the Spurs does not indicate that they are the "new Suns". That comparison is idiotic and unsupported by facts.

When did I ever suggest that this type of play was indicative of a potential trend?

You just said it was a high scoring game in which the Spurs played poor defense. The Suns were known for playing high scoring games and little defense. Considering you actually agree with my initial post, I'm not sure what you have to argue about. I doubt you actually know why you're arguing.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
When did I ever suggest that this type of play was indicative of a potential trend?

You just said it was a high scoring game in which the Spurs played poor defense. The Suns were known for playing high scoring games and little defense. Considering you actually agree with my initial post, I'm not sure what you have to argue about. I doubt you actually know why you're arguing.

C'mon, man. The comparison of the "new" Spurs offense and the Suns offense has been going on pretty much all season. I don't know why you would make that comment if you didn't agree with the idea. I disagree with the idea that the Spurs have morphed into the Suns this season. The Spurs D on average is pretty solid (sure, it could improve) nothing like the Suns whatsoever. If you are going to make that statement, you should expect that someone might draw that conclusion.
My point was that one bad game does not indicate too much. It doesn't really have anything to do with what you believe. I have no idea what you believe. I just read your comment and commented appropriately. That is all.

Fpoonsie
01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
And still the Neal freeze out goes on. Media is still searching high & low for a strategy to explain how he ended up in Texas.

tee, hee.

Actually, the NY commentators mentioned what he didPERIOD while he was at the free throw line. Not surprising, really, considering the venue...

jag
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
C'mon, man. The comparison of the "new" Spurs offense and the Suns offense has been going on pretty much all season. I don't know why you would make that comment if you didn't agree with the idea.

I made that comment because that’s what the game looked like. I’d ask if you agree with my observation but we already went over that.

If you’re on a crusade to rid Spurstalk of posters who think the Spurs are going the way of the old Suns, then by all means go for it. But first you might want to make sure the people you are arguing with actually have that opinion of the Spurs.

If you are going to make that statement, you should expect that someone might draw that conclusion.

You're the only one that started getting defensive about it.

My point was that one bad game does not indicate too much. It doesn't really have anything to do with what you believe. I have no idea what you believe. I just read your comment and commented appropriately. That is all.

I never said this game indicated anything so I don't know why you keep making that your "point". And judging from all your irrelevant rambling it's obvious your initial response was anything but "appropriate".

Dex
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
If you let Wilson fucking Chandler go for 31, you deserve to lose.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
This type of defense is why the Spurs have 0 chance at winning a championship. They can't defend the 3 or inside. They're just a newer version of the Suns.

They could possibly get to the Finals though.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I made that comment because that’s what the game looked like. I’d ask if you agree with my observation but we already went over that.

I agreed that in that specific game that a lot of points were scored and the Spurs, for the most part, played poor defense. I never agreed that the Spurs were "Suns-like". In fact, the Knicks looked more like D'Antoni's Suns for obvious reasons.

If you’re on a crusade to rid Spurstalk of posters who think the Spurs are going the way of the old Suns, then by all means go for it. But first you might want to make sure the people you are arguing with actually have that opinion of the Spurs.

:lol I'm not on a "crusade". I'm just commenting like everybody else. You said "Suns-like", I disagreed. That there is the story, bubba.

You're the only one that started getting defensive about it.

How so?

I never said this game indicated anything so I don't know why you keep making that your "point". And judging from all your irrelevant rambling it's obvious your initial response was anything but "appropriate".

Forgive me, sir. I will never again quote anyone who say the Spurs are "Suns-like" to make a point about how the Spurs are not "Suns-like". What was I thinking?!

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
They could possibly get to the Finals though.

If the Spurs get to the Finals, they aren't going to lose.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
If the Spurs get to the Finals, they aren't going to lose.

:lmao

Killakobe81
01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
:lmao

why are you laughing?
we ALL KNOW the SPURS (well really duncan) doesnt lose inthe FINALS ..duh! :wakeup

Spur fans remind us constantly ...

BUMP
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
why are you laughing?
we ALL KNOW the SPURS (well really duncan) doesnt lose inthe FINALS ..duh! :wakeup

Spur fans remind us constantly ...

Yeah I forgot,....the 99 Knicks, 02 Nets, and 06 Cavs >>>>>>>>>>>>> this year's Celtics/Heat

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah I forgot,....the 99 Knicks, 02 Nets, and 06 Cavs >>>>>>>>>>>>> this year's Celtics/Heat

You sure know your stuff.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM

You forgot the 05 Pistons.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
You forgot the 05 Pistons.

It's called sarcasm.

The 05 Pistons were the only ones who could even be compared to today's Eastern Conference powers

21_Blessings
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Therefore . . . indicative of nothing.

Much like the Spurs the record. You can win 69 games this season but that's still not erasing the anal tearing the Phoenix Suns bestowed upon ya.

21_Blessings
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
The 05 Pistons were the only ones who could even be compared to today's Eastern Conference powers

Even then, they needed a former Laker to win that series proper.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Much like the Spurs the record. You can win 69 games this season but that's still not erasing the anal tearing the Phoenix Suns bestowed upon ya.

Get your own schtick.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
It's called sarcasm.

The Spurs couldn't help that the Eastern Conference was weak. Prior to 08, all the best teams were in the West.

Troll Translator
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
It's one game in which the Spurs played poor defense unlike they have been playing lately.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

jag
01-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I agreed that in that specific game that a lot of points were scored and the Spurs, for the most part, played poor defense. I never agreed that the Spurs were "Suns-like". In fact, the Knicks looked more like D'Antoni's Suns for obvious reasons.

So wait, you think the Knicks performance reminded you of the Suns, but not the Spurs performance?

Please describe what you consider the characteristics of those old Suns teams.

Forgive me, sir. I will never again quote anyone who say the Spurs are "Suns-like" to make a point about how the Spurs are not "Suns-like". What was I thinking?!

Once again, that particular performance was like that of old suns teams. I never said the team was Suns-like. Do things always need to be spelled out like this for you, crusader? You're not very good at this are you?