PDA

View Full Version : I guess we are the new Phoenix Suns...:(

JustinJDW
01-04-2011, 10:08 PM
We shoot more 3's then we probably should, and play garbage defense. We cruise to one of the best records in the league, like the prime Phoenix Suns, but in the Playoffs, its always a different story.

Gotta play defense to win Championships. Simple as that. :depressed

Muser
01-04-2011, 10:10 PM
God damn Spurs suck ass for one game and you all shit yourselves.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
We shoot more 3's then we probably should, and play garbage defense. We cruise to one of the best records in the league, like the prime Phoenix Suns, but in the Playoffs, its always a different story.

It was one fucking game. Why are people getting burthurt here? Spurs still have the best record in the league. A loss is a loss.

tp2021
Good thing the Spurs have 48 games and 5 months to work on it.

Sean Cagney
They are not the Suns, but I worry about he stupid threes from Manu and Neal at times, they are not open and they let it fly at will! Tone that down a bit, shoot better looks if they are going to launch.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Garbage, OP. We have played periods of superb, lockdown defence during the season already, and we're getting more of it as the season goes on.

Tonight was an aberration against a hot-shooting team fired-up by stupid RJ comments and who present a matchup nightmare for us.

Cliff-jumping is not the answer. :lol

WeNeedLength
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM

This.

Knicks played out of their minds with their shooting and the lack of turnovers they had. We're still 29-5 so what the fuck is the problem? Yes, the defense sucked but the Knicks we're on fire like in NBA Jam but in real life. Move on, quickly, to the Celtics which is a much more important game. hopefully they aren't too gassed. :toast

td4mvp3
actually, i was going to post the same thing. aside from a 4-game stretch in which the defense looked good, so long as one ignored the shortcomings of the teams we played (coming off b2b, missing players, inexplicable poor play by la), but the defense has been the big question all year and doesn't seem to have really improved all that much. yeah, it's one game, but i'm betting tomorrow it will be 2 and suddenly we're a lot closer to the pack in the west, not to mention we have to compare ourselves to miami, orl, boston, la, and two of those teams beat the knicks (not sure if orl or la have played the knicks yet).

robot89

62 Points in the Paint...fuck up

JustinJDW
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Good thing the Spurs have 48 games and 5 months to work on it.This. I'm very happy about this.

And I hate how every time anyone mentions that the Spurs are playing poor D, or any other flaw, you guys get all insecure and say we're shitting ourselves and freaking out. Talk about insecurity. We're only stating an observation. Stop acting like anyone who points out a flaw is cliff-jumping. :nope

After this game, the Spurs must be averaging an Opponent FG% of what, 100 ppg? Not good. :nope

angelbelow
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Well we should avoid whatever team has Robert Horry then.

rasho8
01-04-2011, 10:52 PM
It was one fucking game. Why are people getting burthurt here? Spurs still have the best record in the league. A loss is a loss.

I know your screen name has only been around for a month and you have over 1000 posts... but haven't you noticed that this is how the ST posters are?

OH MY GOD WE LOST A GAME WE SUCK AND WILL LOSE THEM ALL!!

Its been like that for a long time. Just check out any SequMidget thread.

justinandimcool
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM
We are bad at guarding teams who spread the floor.

Otherwise the defense looked great last week, and it can't get any worse than tonight, and our 3 point shooting tonight was AWFUL and we still scored 115 points. That's something good, if our defense steps it up a little more against teams like Orlando, New York, and more importantly Dallas and Denver we would be able to oust them in a 7 game series.

Tp9gospursgo
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM

This.

Ditty
01-04-2011, 11:04 PM
This. I'm very happy about this.

And I hate how every time anyone mentions that the Spurs are playing poor D, or any other flaw, you guys get all insecure and say we're shitting ourselves and freaking out. Talk about insecurity. We're only stating an observation. Stop acting like anyone who points out a flaw is cliff-jumping. :nope

After this game, the Spurs must be averaging an Opponent FG% of what, 100 ppg? Not good. :nope

spurs were ranked 10th in opposition points per game, after tonight it may go up a bit, you cant win them all, and cant play perfect every game sometimes spurs will suck at something tonight, and sometimes teams are just on. If boston is like the knicks tommorow then time to worry just a little, but it's one game, and were still the best team in the league.

ohmwrecker
01-04-2011, 11:04 PM
This.

Typical overreaction. The Spurs were due for a loss eventually.

Also, I would like to see one quote from a Knicks player that confirms they were "fired up" by RJ's comments. Just one.

BlairForceDejuan
01-04-2011, 11:05 PM
This past week or so should have given you hope that Spurs can turn on the D switch. Please watch the games.

Dex
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
There's a New Phoenix!?

Goddamn, you think they would've put out a memo or something.

UnWantedTheory
01-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Good thing the Spurs have 48 games and 5 months to work on it.

spurtech09
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
with the spurs winning the way they are you expect for them to win every game but tonight things didn't go the way I would of liked ....Yeah sometimes you win some and lose some but to get torched by a ton of points that really sucks.....spurs defense is really is bad

DMC
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM

You cannot get to high or low off of these regular season games. Imagine it's a 7 game series where 10 regular season games = 1 playoff game. 1 regular season game is 1/10 of the 1 playoff game. So, if you get so high or low on every 4.8 minutes of the game, well.... :nope

DMC
01-04-2011, 11:48 PM
The Suns... err Knicks shot the hell out of the ball tonight, and we played shitty D. The Knicks cannot play any better, we certainly can. We were in it all game. That's encouraging.

TD 21
01-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm not suggesting the Spurs are a lock down outfit by any stretch of the imagination, but they've been between 7-11 (usually 8 or 9) in defensive efficiency all season. This is with limited minutes to Duncan and McDyess, Splitter being used sparingly and Anderson being out most of the season.

So as frustrating as their defense is a lot of games, they're still one of the better defensive teams in the league. The Suns were never that.

narmerguy
01-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Yeah but let's stop kidding ourselves. Shitty defense like we've played the MAJORITY of the season will get us stomped in the playoffs. I love how everyone rushes to be the "cool, calm, collected" ones :lol

tuncaboylu
01-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Then don't make too many guesses

JonNOKC
01-05-2011, 07:48 AM
NY Knicks is one matchup where JA being out really hurts - on top of them getting alot of mismatches on switch screens the effort wasn't there by the Spurs on the defensive end as a team and pretty much all their guys were shooting lights out - not too worried

sa_butta
01-05-2011, 08:19 AM
The defense has to get better once the playoffs come around.