PDA

View Full Version : duncan, parker, ginobli = the ironmen of the nba

u4lakers14
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
i must say as i am seeing all the top teams best players dropping like flies, that i am impressed with the durability of the spurs big 3.

conditioning has got to play a role in these guys ability to stay healthy.

with these 3 being in top form it should be a safe bet that the spurs will be the team to beat in the west.

(not that it was needed, as the spurs already had the best record even before the injury bug started biting the rest of the league.)

how the hell do they do it? are they just tough muthafuckas or what?

Dex
01-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Nice try, jinxy.

ALVAREZ6
this is one of the only years tbh, and it's not nearly over.

Don't jinx us motherfucker

BlairForceDejuan
lol ragging on DB for having no knees only to see The Poster Child break his leg in the pre-season.

lol old men Spurs standing tall when the media darlings are dropping like flies

u4lakers14
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice try, jinxy.

:lol no man, i dont believe in that jinx shit. just making a point.

am i wrong? (trying to give credit where its due)

NRHector
01-04-2011, 11:22 PM
i must say as i am seeing all the top teams best players dropping like flies, that i am impressed with the durability of the spurs big 3.

with these 3 being in top form it should be a safe bet that the spurs will be the team to beat in the west.

(not that it was needed, as the spurs already had the best record even before the injury bug started biting the rest of the league.)

how the hell do they do it? are they just tough muthafuckas or what?Santeria works sometimes :toast

u4lakers14
01-04-2011, 11:24 PM
with duncan its obvious why he stays so healthy.

no flash or showboat shit. just results.

the others i dont know how they do it. manu especially. fucker flying all over the place

u4lakers14
01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Santeria works sometimes :toast

lol, damn dudes.

no voodoo here.

UnWantedTheory
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
this is one of the only years tbh, and it's not nearly over.

Don't jinx us motherfucker

UnWantedTheory
01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
It truly comes down to luck, just like every other player.

u4lakers14
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
It truly comes down to luck, just like every other player.

with duncan i think its more than that.

its his playing style. the dude never jumps. he just kinda hops around on his toes and makes smart plays.

for you guys thinking im trying to jinx:

it honestly never crossed my mind when i made the thread.

nor would i celebrate, wish upon, or be happy or smug about, any injury to any player, especially a great one or one on a great team.

my team aint playing so hot right now so its not like it would even be an advantage to us anyway.

so give me a little more credit than that.

im trying to pay a compliment. (not that i would trash guys that get hurt all the time either. if im going to make fun of t-mac, its gonna be for that crazy eye. or if im gonna make fun of oden, its gonna be for looking 137 years old. not because they get hurt. thats the lowest of the fucking low.

ezau
01-05-2011, 01:52 AM
I guess POP and the coaching staff have managed the minutes of the Big Three so well over the last couple of years.

the cat's balls
01-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Tim Duncan's durability has always been incredibly underrated.

I believe the Spurs good health can be attributed to a focus on fundamental, rather than insanely atheltic basketball, and a reasonable amount of voodoo from local with doctors.

cherylsteele
01-05-2011, 02:52 AM

how the hell do they do it? are they just tough muthafuckas or what?
The Spurs have had problems the last few years, so they are due for a better year health-wise. Plus they have a better bench which eases the wear and tear on them physically.

urunobili
01-05-2011, 06:06 AM
we've had our share just like every one else. I think it's weirder LeBron's durability than any body else's.