PDA

View Full Version : Year to date statistics on Airport pat-down screening from the TSA

ElNono
01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Year to date statistics on Airport pat-down screening from the TSA (http://libertyledger.com/2011/01/03/year-to-date-statistics-on-airport-pat-down-screening-from-the-tsa-2/)

Terrorist Plots Discovered = 0
Transvestites = 133
Hernias = 1,485
Hemorrhoid Cases = 3,172
Incontinence = 6,418
Enlarged Prostates = 8,249
Breast Implants = 59,350
Natural Blondes = 3

boutons_deux
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Federally mandated assault.

Let's see if the Repugs try to kill the pat-down/radiation scan regulation.

LnGrrrR
01-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Ha. How ridiculous. What a joke airport security is. At least it makes me feel better about network security... I know there are a ton of holes in most networks, but at least we're not taking ridiculously extreme measures to prevent occurrences which have a near-nil possibility of occurring.

ElNono
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
FWIW, I didn't get scanned or patted down on my flight back. They just directed me and the wife through the metal detector and good to go. :tu

Wild Cobra
01-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Federally mandated assault.

Let's see if the Repugs try to kill the pat-down/radiation scan regulation.
I'll bet they do.

Wild Cobra
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Ha. How ridiculous. What a joke airport security is. At least it makes me feel better about network security... I know there are a ton of holes in most networks, but at least we're not taking ridiculously extreme measures to prevent occurrences which have a near-nil possibility of occurring.
Well, those of us with at least an ounce of intelligence knows that these procedures are just to make the general public think they are doing something good. Without proper profiling, it's useless.

Does anyone here agree with the invasive procedures?

DMX7
01-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I fly all the time and I've never had to go through the X-ray or get the pat down. Just more misplaced outrage.

Stringer_Bell
01-05-2011, 06:39 AM
I'll bet they do.

Me too! It's quite clear that the GOP vote ranglers have no ties to the MIC (more specifically, the producers of the scanners and security infrastructure that has made quite a pretty penny since 9/11). They won't be bought off like the politicians that came before them, there will be no lobbyist that can price them and sack them like before.

New GOP-lead Congress = Old Freedoms Return!

ElNono
01-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I noticed they were still in the process of installing some of the machines right now. When I left Newark mid-Dec there was no scanning machine. When I flew back last weekend, one was installed but not activated yet (it even had a small sign with some little graphics explaining what the machine purportedly does). I assume these things are going to be the standard in a few months.

In the other airport, the scanner was installed and running already. My wife was in line to get scanned waiting for another person when I got in line behind her, and the guy waved us off to go through the metal detector. Looks like it takes some time for the machine to do it's thing so the process slows everything down.

We're considering not flying for our next trip. Unfortunately, it might not be an option due to the fact that the alternatives mean wasting a couple of days. I hope they get rid of this shit before we have to travel again.

boutons_deux
01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
The real purpose of these machines is to enrich Chertoff's corporate client. Congress voted the funds down, but TSA used stimulus funds.

The business-friendly, America-unfriendly Repugs won't kill any regs that transfer taxpayer wealth to corporations.

RandomGuy
01-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Well, those of us with at least an ounce of intelligence knows that these procedures are just to make the general public think they are doing something good. Without proper profiling, it's useless.

Does anyone here agree with the invasive procedures?

Nope.

I am willing to accept some unknown risk that we might lose an airliner full of people, even if it were me or my family, in order to get the policy removed.

I understand the risks, benefits, and costs.

No real tangible benefit, and nothing but massive costs.

LnGrrrR
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I'll bet they do.

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. The first Republican who does that gets painted as "soft on the war on terror".

coyotes_geek
01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. The first Republican who does that gets painted as "soft on the war on terror".

Agreed. At best, the TSA head will get summoned to appear before some house committee for a soundbite/photo-op session, but nothing of real substance is going to happen.

RandomGuy
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM

I hope not.

Let's hope for a little bi-partisan common sense.

Drachen
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I noticed they were still in the process of installing some of the machines right now. When I left Newark mid-Dec there was no scanning machine. When I flew back last weekend, one was installed but not activated yet (it even had a small sign with some little graphics explaining what the machine purportedly does). I assume these things are going to be the standard in a few months.

In the other airport, the scanner was installed and running already. My wife was in line to get scanned waiting for another person when I got in line behind her, and the guy waved us off to go through the metal detector. Looks like it takes some time for the machine to do it's thing so the process slows everything down.

We're considering not flying for our next trip. Unfortunately, it might not be an option due to the fact that the alternatives mean wasting a couple of days. I hope they get rid of this shit before we have to travel again.

I think America my rediscover the lost art of the road trip. I have been itching for a good road trip for a long time.

DMX7
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
You just got lucky tbh, its randomly selected. Just another way to violate rights and condition us to accept anything the government does like good little sheep. I once saw a documentary where pilots and flight staff etc all easily got past security just swiping a little security card to gain access..anyone could steal it and get in it's not really about our "safety" terrorism is just an excuse to take away more rights "for our own safety."

What's their endgame then? Why do they want to take away whatever right you think it is that's being violated?

Winehole23
02-11-2012, 04:05 AM
A Denver woman claims she couldn’t board a flight from Wyoming to Denver because of her gender. Jennifer Winning makes the flight from the small airport of Rock Springs, WY to Denver often, but on January 29th it was different.

“They wouldn`t let me get on the plane because I`m female,” Winning said.

She said she checked in and arrived at security about 35 minutes before the scheduled departure of her United flight.

“They asked if I was on the flight to Denver, I said yes, they said that they couldn`t screen me because they sent all the female TSA (http://www.kdvr.com/topic/crime-law-justice/laws/law-enforcement/transportation-security-administration-ORGOV000000157.topic) agents home,” Winning said.

A female agent was necessary because of those new pat-downs.

“I said, `Would you be willing to let me sign a waiver and I would approve for a man to pat me down if necessary?` and they said no,” she said. http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-no-female-tsa-agents-means-no-flight-for-denver-woman-20120209,0,7106350.story

The Reckoning
02-11-2012, 04:08 AM
i was patdown the other day :( they fondled my waistband and then sent a shot of radiation to my nuts...had to pull over a second opinion to look at my junk

Winehole23
02-11-2012, 09:49 AM
still, must be nice to have confirmation that your underpants are terrorist and terror plot free

Bill_Brasky
02-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I've posted it before but it's a really good article:

http://m.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/12/tsa-insanity-201112