PDA

View Full Version : I feel.....Sorry for them

RobinsontoDuncan
05-28-2005, 09:49 PM
They have had so much class, and been so fun to watch (save for this game) so far.... I really feel bad for them. They haven't bad mouthed our city (Seattle) or our players (Seattle, and Denver) or played like thugs. I really feel bad when the camera flashes over to D'Antoni.

I still want them to lose though.

ducks
05-28-2005, 09:52 PM
their owner called spurs chickens
then amare does his hanging on the rim staring at the spurs bench when they beat the spurs one time during regualar season
then last year in playoffs amare is doing pushups
I feel for nash but not the rest of them
they still have time to win a title

ducks
05-28-2005, 09:53 PM
they are playing more classy then the other teams though

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I can't feel sorry for anyone after their clown owner did the chicken dance.

Rip their heads off damnit, it's the playoffs.

Rummpd
05-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Remember Amare's push-ups?

T Park
05-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I aitn feelin sorry for shit yet, this game is NOT over.

KILL NOW SPURS GODDAMNT!!!!

ZStomp
05-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Feel sorry for them?? It's the playoffs!!

I don't feel sorry for the opposition.

We have one goal:

http://warren.mdlonline.com/NBA_1999_Champiionship_Trophy.jpg

PHX is in the way. Next.

ducks
05-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I am feeling sorry for myself
I thought this would be a 6 game series
this series is starting to get boring

Sense
05-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Screw PHX

Dre_7
05-28-2005, 10:04 PM
I feel sorry for J. Johnson cuz he hasnt been able to play, but thats pretty much it!

Dont feel sorry for "Push ups"
Dont feel sorry for "Chicken dance"

Go Spurs, keep pouring it on!!!!!

ZStomp
05-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Still feel sorry?

RobinsontoDuncan
05-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Screw it, look what I've done now it's an 11 point game and I abhore the Suns.

boutons
05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Suns had a great season, but the Spurs exposed them as Fool's Gold in the playoffs.
Suns go back to the drawing board.

ALVAREZ6
05-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I give PHX props for being good opponents, but I will NEVER feel sorry for them.

This is the WC finals, get real. Win or go home.

AZLouis
05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
the Spurs control of the Suns recently is reminiscent of the Pistons/Bulls, hopefully the Spurs relinquish their role soon

spurster
05-28-2005, 11:12 PM
It's really strange. The Suns probably would have swept the Nuggets or the Sonics, but the Spurs seem to have their number.

caŽlo
05-28-2005, 11:16 PM
i dont feel sorry for them at all.

suns.. best record, best road team, MVP, best coach

DOWN 0-3

if the spurs sweep them.

THAT WILL JUST BE SO SWEET!

whos doing the chicken dance now????

beirmeistr
05-28-2005, 11:50 PM
It's really strange. The Suns probably would have swept the Nuggets or the Sonics, but the Spurs seem to have their number.
I was thinking that also. And the Suns probably would beat Miami in 5.

DDS4
05-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Tells you how much regular season awards are worth. Squat.

I feel sorry for myself because I'm losing vBookie cash for predicting Spurs in 6.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 12:16 AM
If you feel sorry for any opponent, you're just weak.

spurschick
05-29-2005, 12:40 AM
They have had so much class, and been so fun to watch (save for this game) so far.... I really feel bad for them. They haven't bad mouthed our city (Seattle) or our players (Seattle, and Denver) or played like thugs. I really feel bad when the camera flashes over to D'Antoni.

Get over it.
:drunk

T Park
05-29-2005, 12:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have had so much class, and been so fun to watch (save for this game) so far.... I really feel bad for them. They haven't bad mouthed our city (Seattle) or our players (Seattle, and Denver) or played like thugs. I really feel bad when the camera flashes over to D'Antoni

Yeah, if Phoenix only had Chris Webber, hed dominate that stiff Duncan.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Suns had a great season, but the Spurs exposed them as Fool's Gold in the playoffs.
Suns go back to the drawing board.
Fools gold? The ONLY team to solve the Suns has been the Spurs. If the Spurs fell off the face of the earth, we'd all feel comfortable with the Suns representing the west and beating the east this year. This series is the real NBA Finals.

They won 62 games this year. Don't dismiss that kind of a season when your team is clearly better and matches perfectly with them. If they were in the east and met the Spurs in the Finals would you still call them fools gold?

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Fools gold? The ONLY team to solve the Suns has been the Spurs. If the Spurs fell off the face of the earth, we'd all feel comfortable with the Suns representing the west and beating the east this year. This series is the real NBA Finals.

They won 62 games this year. Don't dismiss that kind of a season when your team is clearly better and matches perfectly with them. If they were in the east and met the Spurs in the Finals would you still call them fools gold?

Um... Pistons > Suns as well.

So it's Spurs and Pistons who would need to drop off the face of the earth.

T Park
05-29-2005, 01:00 AM
If the Spurs fell off the face of the earth, we'd all feel comfortable with the Suns representing the west and beating the east this year

Detroit would blow the Suns out just as easily as the Spurs have.

Phoenix is a one trick pony. They can run and score. Take that away and they are pretty clueless.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Can you guys get over the chicken dance? He apologized and his motivation was genuine. The Suns wanted to face the Spurs, not the Spurs minus their two all stars. Take it as a compliment. You want to prove yourself and a victory meant the Suns could beat the Spurs without their two best player--which is what it became.

But let's face it, it wouldn't have beem beneath Popovich to intentially sit Duncan and/or Manu if he thought it would benefit his team in the playoffs--and it did mess with the Suns' heads. But seriously, if you were facing the Sonics right now and Parker and Manu were getting uncontested dunks and layups like they did this series, one or both of them may be out for the rest of the playoffs ala a flagrant foul. We receive flagrants, not give them.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Um... Pistons > Suns as well.

So it's Spurs and Pistons who would need to drop off the face of the earth.
Suns split the season with the Pistons and the game they lost was with Nash out.

Ishta
05-29-2005, 01:05 AM

Ouch....someones not to happy right now...Me, on the other hand am very happy:drunk Tim played like the MVP he is, and couldn't, and wouldn't be denied!
Perfect, let me repeat this, perfect from the line.I think the last time that happened he went 17 for 17. What a way to demoralize the oppsition..Is this the time to feel bad? FUCK NO....................This is the time to show no mercy, and turn the killer instinct on maximum and go for the sweep on MEMORIAL DAY.

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Detroit would blow the Suns out just as easily as the Spurs have.

Phoenix is a one trick pony. They can run and score. Take that away and they are pretty clueless.
70 wins this season (same as the Spurs) is hard to validate as a one trick poney.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:08 AM
70 wins this season (same as the Spurs) is hard to validate as a one trick poney.

One trick poney.

One hit wonder.

It's all the same.

It's was the Suns are.

If all you can do is score.

YOU'RE A ONE TRICK ACT.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Ouch....someones not to happy right now...Me, on the other hand am very happy:drunk Tim played like the MVP he is, and couldn't, and wouldn't be denied!
Perfect, let me repeat this, perfect from the line.I think the last time that happened he went 17 for 17. What a way to demoralize the oppsition..Is this the time to feel bad? FUCK NO....................This is the time to show no mercy, and turn the killer instinct on maximum and go for the sweep on MEMORIAL DAY.

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL.
I'm actually impressed that Stoudemire scored more points while going to the line only six times.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm actually impressed that Stoudemire scored more points while going to the line only six times.

Well, when you dunk more than anyone in the league, scoring is not too hard.

Ishta
05-29-2005, 01:12 AM
That's actually a great point..However it takes a TOTAL TEAM effort to win games not just one player.

Spurgal
05-29-2005, 01:16 AM

You have Issues! :lmao

Go to sleep, please... :sleep

SequSpur
05-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I feel sorry for any Spurs fan that feels sorry for another team.

That makes you a wuss.

Go Spurs.

mavsfan1000
05-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Phoenix with a centerless team got exploited by Tim Duncan because Amare Stoudemire is not a good defender at this point. Marion is too small to guard Duncan so Phoenix is screwed.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:24 AM
One trick poney.

One hit wonder.

It's all the same.

It's was the Suns are.

If all you can do is score.

YOU'RE A ONE TRICK ACT.
Our star PF/C will be only 23 when yours turns 30. Manu and Parker can't carry the Spurs alone. Just like Nash can't carry the Suns. I hope Stoudemire spends the offseason studying Duncan and learning how he defends and how he creates for his teammates. He's just about polished as a scorer, now he needs to be the complete player--and when he does look out.

Everyone has their day--you win some, you lose some. For example, remember this:
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/93_cbgm6_shot.jpg
62 games is not a fluke--it's a beginning for the youngest team in the NBA.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, when you dunk more than anyone in the league, scoring is not too hard.
Actually, Shaq dunked more--in less games. But he sucks, right?

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:28 AM
You have Issues! :lmao

Go to sleep, please... :sleep
Duncan only scored 18 of his points from the field. Stoudemire scored 30 with Duncan guarding him much of the game. Say what you want, but Duncan either went easy on him defensively (highly doubtful) or Amare is a monster in the paint. I prefer to think the latter. And he's only 22. The kid's a beast who needs to learn how to defend. Don't disregard it.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Duncan only scored 18 of his points from the field. Stoudemire scored 30 with Duncan guarding him much of the game. Say what you want, but Duncan either went easy on him defensively (highly doubtful) or Amare is a monster in the paint. I prefer to think the latter. And he's only 22. The kid's a beast who needs to learn how to defend. Don't disregard it.

ONE TRICK... TEAM.

BadlyDrawnBoy
Our star PF/C will be only 23 when yours turns 30. Manu and Parker can't carry the Spurs alone. Just like Nash can't carry the Suns. I hope Stoudemire spends the offseason studying Duncan and learning how he defends and how he creates for his teammates. He's just about polished as a scorer, now he needs to be the complete player--and when he does look out.

Everyone has their day--you win some, you lose some. For example, remember this:
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/93_cbgm6_shot.jpg

1 TRICK... POSTER.

Sense

Are you stooooopid?

notice I put the words in your vocabulary..

And btw people, I don't think Tim Duncan is as hurt as people claim....

obviously..

so no webber<Duncan..

please give me a break...did you see webber against detroit? it's practically the same against the spurs.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Actually, Shaq dunked more--in less games. But he sucks, right?

Shaq plays defense.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:31 AM
ONE TRICK... TEAM.
Classy

Ishta
05-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Look...the game is over, and the Suns lost....I hope the Spurs go for the jugular on Monday and end this series. It'll stop the Suns bleeding, and our guys can get healthy for the NBA FINALS....

T Park
05-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Are you stooooopid?

notice I put the words in your vocabulary..

And btw people, I don't think Tim Duncan is as hurt as people claim....

obviously..

so no webber<Duncan..

please give me a break...did you see webber against detroit? it's practically the same against the spurs.

You thinking Im serious about that, and not paying attention to the forum lately just how stupid YOU are.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Shaq plays defense.
That's because Shaq can't be moved. Nobody can post-up against Shaq--they can't move him and he isn't committing a foul.

Amare will learn defense--he became ROY with only one full year of high school basketball to his resume.

mavsfan1000
05-29-2005, 01:36 AM
I don't understand why Amare can't play defense. He's got the strength and athleticism to be a good defender.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Amare will learn defense--he became ROY with only one full year of high school basketball to his resume.

His comp was Yao. Nuff said.

He's a beast in the paint. But that crap will get you so far. Being a one trick is ok and survivable in the regular season but it's a whole different level in the playoffs.

Amare has been in the league 3 years now... if he ain't tried to play some defense by now, he ain't going to in the future.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Look...the game is over, and the Suns lost....I hope the Spurs go for the jugular on Monday and end this series. It'll stop the Suns bleeding, and our guys can get healthy for the NBA FINALS....
What, and I missed it?!? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

And I hope the Suns become the first team in NBA history to come back being down 0-3.

Everybody will have time to get ready for the Finals. The NBA wants to milk it as long as possible. A sweep may be bad for the Spurs if the east goes a full seven. Rest is nice, but at this pace a week+ off can be even worse. I hate how long the NBA playoffs are...thank you TV contracts!

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 01:38 AM
I don't understand why Amare can't play defense. He's got the strength and athleticism to be a good defender.

He's not in a system that teaches or emphasizes D. Unless the Suns revamp their system, he won't become a good defender anytime soon.

He had an awesome offensive fourth quarter though.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:39 AM
And I hope the Suns become the first team in NBA history to come back being down 0-3.

And I hope to win the lotto.

That's probably going to happen before the Suns comeback from 3-0.

Ishta
05-29-2005, 01:43 AM
What, and I missed it?!? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Everybody will have time to get ready for the Finals. The NBA wants to milk it as long as possible. A sweep may be bad for the Spurs if the east goes a full seven. Rest is nice, but at this pace a week+ off can be even worse. I hate how long the NBA playoffs are...thank you TV contracts!

:rolleyes Actually I think I vaguely recall in post game that Tim said something to the effect that a couple of guys are banged up and the rest might do them some good...I guess i was imagining things....Sure 8-10 days might be a little long, but i would much rather go into the finals as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Look, he's only 22. If he did it the right way, he'd be in this year's draft. His defense isn't really that bad, it's just not to the level of Duncan or Garnett. The part that makes him look bad, however, is the system. D'Antoni has engrained in Amare that he can outrun any center in the league--which is why he wanted him to play center. That depends on a lot of fast breaks with Amare running down the court off the rebound. You can't beat your defender if you're the one getting the rebound or making the stop. D'Antoni also hates committing fouls. He'd rather give open shots and not foul then stopping the game and giving free throws. I think the system does more to hinder Stoudemire's defense than what he is doing himself. The real thing Amare needs to work on is setting screens and passing the ball. He should be a triple double threat every night with the offense they have. Once the Suns get a formidable big man to play with Amare (Hunter doesn't cut it), it will allow the Suns to play more of a half court game. But they played this system because it works with what they got.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:46 AM
He's not in a system that teaches or emphasizes D. Unless the Suns revamp their system, he won't become a good defender anytime soon.

He had an awesome offensive fourth quarter though.
And that is my point. Thanks!

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:46 AM

Come on, last year's Red Sox are the only thing keeping me from depression at this point.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:48 AM
:rolleyes Actually I think I vaguely recall in post game that Tim said something to the effect that a couple of guys are banged up and the rest might do them some good...I guess i was imagining things....Sure 8-10 days might be a little long, but i would much rather go into the finals as close to 100% healthy as possible.
Rest is always nice, but I think the Spurs REALLY need there to be a game five. It will give them plenty of rest, but not too much were they open the Finals flat, PLUS it gives the Suns one last game of revenue. We've been in the red the last couple years and need to re-sign Joe Johnson. Can you throw us a bone?

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Come on, last year's Red Sox are the only thing keeping me from depression at this point.

BASEBALL is very different from... basketball.

Not just spelling wise.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:51 AM

What about a threesome with the Olsen twins?

Ishta
05-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, I have to give you credit for being such a true fan to your team. By the way I am not being a sarcastic bitch right now.. Even though your team is practically dead you still type on.....as for me, i need to go to bed now, so I can go to the lake bright and fucking early.............That is if it stops raining sometime soon:spin

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Well, I have to give you credit for being such a true fan to your team. By the way I am not being a sarcastic bitch right now.. Even though your team is practically dead you still type on.....as for me, i need to go to bed now, so I can go to the lake bright and fucking early.............That is if it stops raining sometime soon:spin
Rain, what's that? Forgive me, I'm from AZ.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Rain, what's that? Forgive me, I'm from AZ.

It's something that doesn't go well with Sand.

Spurs will ROCK you
05-29-2005, 01:56 AM
It's something that doesn't go well with Sand.
:lmao

Pandaemonaeon
05-29-2005, 02:02 AM
After SA sweeps Phoenix, Nash and Dirk will go on a date at Wimbledon and spill dirty secrets and promises that will be eventually broken.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

GSH
05-29-2005, 02:05 AM

That remains to be seen. Remember - Minnesota won the most games in the West last season, and didn't even make the playoffs this year. They still had a lot of the same players; it was the personalities that poisoned their results. Team chemistry is important to any team, but maybe more so to Phoenix because that offense really needs to mesh well to work. I heard some of Amare's comments about Nash winning the MVP award. I wonder how Amare is going to feel next season, knowing that he is making $2.5 Million, while Nash is Making $9.5 Million, and Shawn Marion is making $12.5 million. Some players would be satisfied knowing that their time for the big payday will come soon enough. I don't think Amare is one of those kinds of players.

And there are going to be some contract issues in the next couple of years. The Suns found the perfect blend for their run-and-gun offense this season. There is a very real possibility that they will never again have the kind of year that they had this year.

Without all the 3 pointers raining in this year, the Suns would not have won nearly as many games, and Amare would not be nearly as open around the basket. There isn't any kind of guarantee that they can duplicate that next season.

Joe Johnson was about a .320 shooter from the 3-point line until this year, when he shot .478. I'm not sure he shoots 3's any better than that in practice, completely unguarded. We'll see if he can follow up next season, or if he was just in the zone this year.

Jim Jackson will turn 35 this year. He shot .459 from the 3-point line after coming to the Suns, even though he is a career .360 shooter from beyond the arc. This was an exceptional year for him - and he probably does not have too many more of those left.

The Suns' players have all had career seasons this year, and ran the run-and-gun offense about as well as it could be done. Even so, there was a case to be made at the end of the year that you can't win a championship without defense. But if the Suns slow down to play defense, I guarantee you the players will never shine the way they did this year. And if the (new?) guys aren't hitting 3-pointers at a record pace, the other teams are going to be able to sag on Amare a lot more.

Who knows? Maybe the Suns will be contenders for several years to come. But I wouldn't start talking "dynasty" just yet.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 02:07 AM
That remains to be seen. Remember - Minnesota won the most games in the West last season, and didn't even make the playoffs this year. They still had a lot of the same players; it was the personalities that poisoned their results. Team chemistry is important to any team, but maybe more so to Phoenix because that offense really needs to mesh well to work. I heard some of Amare's comments about Nash winning the MVP award. I wonder how Amare is going to feel next season, knowing that he is making $2.5 Million, while Nash is Making $9.5 Million, and Shawn Marion is making $12.5 million. Some players would be satisfied knowing that their time for the big payday will come soon enough. I don't think Amare is one of those kinds of players.

And there are going to be some contract issues in the next couple of years. The Suns found the perfect blend for their run-and-gun offense this season. There is a very real possibility that they will never again have the kind of year that they had this year.

Without all the 3 pointers raining in this year, the Suns would not have won nearly as many games, and Amare would not be nearly as open around the basket. There isn't any kind of guarantee that they can duplicate that next season.

Joe Johnson was about a .320 shooter from the 3-point line until this year, when he shot .478. I'm not sure he shoots 3's any better than that in practice, completely unguarded. We'll see if he can follow up next season, or if he was just in the zone this year.

Jim Jackson will turn 35 this year. He shot .459 from the 3-point line after coming to the Suns, even though he is a career .360 shooter from beyond the arc. This was an exceptional year for him - and he probably does not have too many more of those left.

The Suns' players have all had career seasons this year, and ran the run-and-gun offense about as well as it could be done. Even so, there was a case to be made at the end of the year that you can't win a championship without defense. But if the Suns slow down to play defense, I guarantee you the players will never shine the way they did this year. And if the (new?) guys aren't hitting 3-pointers at a record pace, the other teams are going to be able to sag on Amare a lot more.

Who knows? Maybe the Suns will be contenders for several years to come. But I wouldn't start talking "dynasty" just yet.

It's simple.

It's called overachieving.

whottt
05-29-2005, 04:09 AM
I tend to agree with Catharsis. I think the Suns would kick Detroit's ass off the court...in fact I watched the Suns do just that late in the season.

Contrary to what the Pistons' like to claim...they can't run, they are too slow to do it, and they don't have any great finishers other than Prince(and maybe Rasheed).

They got their asses kicked off the court by just about every "healthy" running team they played this season...

OTOH...I think they might just be the best half court OFFENSIVE team in the NBA, their offense is so decentralized it's very hard to predict where it is going to come from....and their money scoring comes from the hardest area on the court to defend in the half court set. But they still couldn't stop the Phoenix running game in the game I watched...and they were trying very hard to do so...

Phoenix just bitch slapped them in the final moments of the game...and left them standing there holding their asses with a funny looking expression on their faces.

The Pistons have two very blatant weaknesses(Pistons still in 6 though)...they are not a fast team, and they have absolutely no post scoring presence...Period. I'd say that their frontcourt is kind of small too, cept for Sheed...but it doesn't matter because of the types of games Billups and Hamilton have...they still get their bigs plenty of shots...and those guys are totally comfortable scoring out on the perimeter or from midrange...

smeagol
05-29-2005, 07:03 AM
RtD:

I told you this was going to happen. Specially from a guy who can't comprehend what you write.

angel_luv
05-29-2005, 07:18 AM
As I said before, this is a war. No time for compassion. Wait until we blow them out and then send first aid and a fruit basket if you like. = )

I do agree that the Suns are the classiest team we have seen in the play offs so far. I wish them no ill, after we cream them that is. = )

boutons
05-29-2005, 08:07 AM
"62 games is not a fluke--it's a beginning for the youngest team in the NBA."

Last night was a blowout, except for Amare's 4th qtr points. The best road team in the NBA met the best team in the NBA, and got thoroughly whipped, AGAIN @SBC.

Mission-critical Nash was missing 10+ ASTs.

Suns were 10+ 3G attempts below their avg, neutralizing that "fun for fans" basis of their offense.

Suns, who "don't foul", fouled 30 times.

Suns were -14 in RBs.

The Spurs were prepared excellently for the high pnr, which was non-factor, instead of being their bread and butter.

The Suns were totally taken out of their game, and JJ was the inconsequential non-factor that many predicted.

The bigget problem for the Suns is .... the Spurs, aka nemesis, PERENNIALLY,
who have a more complete, more versatile team,
play the game at league-best level on both ends of the court,
have a better coach and system,
have the required dominant big man, and
have 4 or 5 more solid years of the today's core rotation.

Don't think the Spurs are a fixed target. Next season, Nazr will be better integrated into the Spurs system, Beno will be out of his rookie year, and who knows what the off-season will bring from the Spurs' excellent scouting system.

The Spurs present a huge hump for the Suns to get over.

foodie2
05-29-2005, 08:16 AM
I am a "weak" Spurs fan, and I would feel sorry for them too--except for Amare. I even forgive the chicken thing, but the pushups, the stare downs, the smirk--during the Dallas series, though Spurs haven't given him much of an opportunity to smirk--I can never forget or forgive. He is nothing but a punk--a talented punk, but a punk nonetheless. I wonder how many of D'Antoni's post-game comments about "trying to prove our manhood instead of playing basketball" were directed at Stoudemire.

And before we hear the excuse "he's only 22"--Tony Parker doesn't act like that.

I hope we go out and step on them early and hard in Game 4. Amare--Game 4's for you. Asshole.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I am a "weak" Spurs fan, and I would feel sorry for them too--except for Amare. I even forgive the chicken thing, but the pushups, the stare downs, the smirk--during the Dallas series, though Spurs haven't given him much of an opportunity to smirk--I can never forget or forgive. He is nothing but a punk--a talented punk, but a punk nonetheless. I wonder how many of D'Antoni's post-game comments about "trying to prove our manhood instead of playing basketball" were directed at Stoudemire.

And before we hear the excuse "he's only 22"--Tony Parker doesn't act like that.

I hope we go out and step on them early and hard in Game 4. Amare--Game 4's for you. Asshole.

Amen. I just wish they would all make it easier for me to hate them. Now worries about next series, I know big ben and Rasheed are going to be thugs, and I already hate Shaq in the playoffs way to much to give a fuck how bad they lose, but these Suns.... they haven't made me hate them.

And Angel....wow never knew you had it in you.

Smeagol were you saying that you, or T Park couldn't understand what I wrote. (And at this point for all the people out there who didn't get what I was saying, I will gladly eat crow if it means a championship parade)

And as for the Spurs retooling this draft please read my sig and the aatched hyper-link of a scounting report.

Ishta
05-29-2005, 10:50 AM
After sleeping on this...I still don't feel sorry for the suns..On MEMORIAL DAY, the Spurs need to just beat them to death.....:angel :angel :angel :angel

picnroll
05-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I have great respect for Nash. He's been nothing but class, Spuresque in his atttitude (not his defense).

It wil be interesting to see how the Suns respond to this WCF experience next year. Will Amare committ to improving his defense the way he did to improving his offense this past off season? Is he capable of reading and understanding playing good D or is he just 90% athleticism?

Will D'Antoni learn that he has to emphasize D and diversfy his offense, use the regular season as a caldron to play and practice different styles not just a one dimensional every day, every play run and gun approach?

Will the Suns tinker with their personell a bit and add a piece or pieces to make them a little more versatile and tough?

Jimcs50
05-29-2005, 11:04 AM
We shall give no quarter, it is the playoffs.

I have seen my well intentioned, good sportsman team eliminated from their season 27 times....nuff said.

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 11:16 AM
I feel sorry for Steve Nash.
thast about it.
He's a nice guy, works hard and plays without a lot of caveman chest beating.
*sigh*

ok, i'm done, moved on.. my moment of pity has passed.
SPURS KICK ASS!

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Do I feel sorry for the Suns? Yes and No...and heres the breakdown...

I feel sorry for:

Steve Nash...talk about highs/lows...the man gets dumped from his team so they can sign Erick Friggen Dampier...:lol...turns a struggling team around and wins the league MVP and gets the award on the night of the first game of the West Finals with the Spurs at home with well deserved home court advantage...then despite superhuman effort/performance setting an alltime record 4 straight games in the playoffs with 25+/10+ meets a Spurs team that steps it up to brand new level...(be honest Spurs fans...anyone that predicted the Spurs would shoot 70% in the fourth quarters of games one and two before the series started would have been laughed out of this forum)...and wins the first three on the way to a probable sweep...what an awful way to end a season...Spurs fans...remember David Robinsons MVP trophy that he keeps in the closet to this day?...thats what Nash feels like...it's hard to gloat about something like that especially if you have been a long time Basketball/Spurs fan...

I feel sorry for Suns fans...they have been the classiest fans we have met in the playoffs and for the most part I have really appreciated their participation in this forum...Even the newest of Spurs posters should remember that "lowest of the low stomach churning want to puke" feeling we all got last spring getting swept out of the playoffs...show a little class guys...

I DON'T feel sorry for the Suns because:

Like the Spurs, they have their core of Nash, Stoudamire, and Marion, and Q locked up for several years...this series could be the crucible that forges their resolve to work hard and come back next year and prevail...or they could implode...but this team likes winning and has fun doing it...my guess is that they pull together and go back to the drawing board and start building a team to beat the Spurs just like the Spurs went back year after year to build a team to beat the Lakers...the fact that the Lakers imploded just at the time that formula was perfected doesn't change the fact that it gave the Spurs the motivation to continue to seek perfection individually and collectively year after year...

The overwhelming consensus in this forum seems to be that the Suns "can't" play defense...you guys are whistling in the dark on that one...they can and will learn to play defense and my bet is that Stoudamire will continue to improve...big guys typically don't reach their prime till 26 or 27 and Tim Duncan was just coming out of college when he was Stoudamire's age...and had the luxury of playing next to David Robinson in his formative NBA years...The Suns can and will learn to play better help defense and if it slows their run and gun game down that devastating pick and roll of theirs works just as well out of a half court offense...and will continue to be effective as long as Nash holds out...his game is predicated on ball handling and phenomenal court vision and shooting instead of quickness and athleticism...and he could be effective for many years to come (see John Stockton)...

The Suns biggest weakness is their bench...and it may take two or three years for them to fix that but don't forget that D'Antoni is probably the best connected coach in the NBA to the European league...in case you have forgotten he was a Spurs European scout that gave them the initial heads-up to watch for Manu Ginobili in the draft...

The Suns have a very bright future and we are their "Lakers" now...they have all summer and almost 100 games to build a team to beat us...

THAT BEING SAID...Lets sweep these guys, get healthy, and start getting ready for Pistons/Heat...

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2005, 01:32 PM
bump...I can't believe the homers are gonna let that post drop off the page...:lol

Rydia
05-29-2005, 01:41 PM
I feel sorry for Nash!
He is the leagues reigning MVP and he can't even get to the basket with our 'rookie' Tony Parker. Tony has been the man with him!
It was also kind of sad that the whole crowd was yelling "MVP!" AT Tim Duncan when Nash was standing right there. That sucks...But it was awesome!! I was yelling at my TV so happy with all of you that went to the game! You did us proud!

And then I don't feel sorry for them when I see dumb Amare. Hey, At least they got beat by the CHAMPIONS. Right? :D

RobinsontoDuncan
05-29-2005, 05:11 PM
That was a good breakdown Cosmic, and yeah I think with D'Antoni they may retool very quickly on their bench.

Tom_Foolery
05-29-2005, 05:31 PM
I hope the Spurs beat them so bad that it puts permanent fear in their hearts every time they step on the floor with Tim, Tony, and Manu.

This is the same team that "questioned" the Spurs integrity by saying that Pop purposely held Tim & Manu out of the last regular season meeting just to put "doubt" in their heads and that we were afraid of playing them with a full squad.

Forget it. I hope we beat them so bad they cry, I honestly do.

They wanted the Spurs at full force, well they got them.

Moral of the story is: becareful for what you wish for.

No mercy.

"Sweep the leg, Johnny. You got a problem with that? NO MERCY!"

foodie2
05-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Pop purposely held Tim & Manu out of the last regular season meeting just to put "doubt" in their heads

Anybody think now that Pop really did do that? I think he did, and it was a great move.

Tom_Foolery
05-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Anybody think now that Pop really did do that? I think he did, and it was a great move.

Yeah, Pop sure fooled us!

He continued that little game by holding out Manu & Tim even longer after that Phoenix game.

Does anyone else have a feeling this is a SUNS troll?

beirmeistr
05-29-2005, 06:23 PM
I tend to agree with Catharsis. I think the Suns would kick Detroit's ass off the court...in fact I watched the Suns do just that late in the season.

Contrary to what the Pistons' like to claim...they can't run, they are too slow to do it, and they don't have any great finishers other than Prince(and maybe Rasheed).

They got their asses kicked off the court by just about every "healthy" running team they played this season...

OTOH...I think they might just be the best half court OFFENSIVE team in the NBA, their offense is so decentralized it's very hard to predict where it is going to come from....and their money scoring comes from the hardest area on the court to defend in the half court set. But they still couldn't stop the Phoenix running game in the game I watched...and they were trying very hard to do so...

Phoenix just bitch slapped them in the final moments of the game...and left them standing there holding their asses with a funny looking expression on their faces.

The Pistons have two very blatant weaknesses(Pistons still in 6 though)...they are not a fast team, and they have absolutely no post scoring presence...Period. I'd say that their frontcourt is kind of small too, cept for Sheed...but it doesn't matter because of the types of games Billups and Hamilton have...they still get their bigs plenty of shots...and those guys are totally comfortable scoring out on the perimeter or from midrange...
I also think Phoenix might be too strong offensively for the Pistons. Hopefully, we won't have to find out in this year's finals. I don't feel sorry for Phoenix---their future is too bright for that---their problem was that they ran up against the juggernaut the Spurs can be when they play well as a team. But I think if the Suns had played as well as they did in the first two games of this series and their opponent was either Detroit or Miami, they would have been up 2-0 against either one. just my opinion. PS---I think the Spurs will win game 4.

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 07:01 PM
as long as steve nash stops aging
theyll be fine

whottt
05-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I think D'antoni has done the best with what he had, yeah he needed to focus more on D(I bet he will in the future)...but he doesn't have the personnel to be a great half court team, he doesn't have the personnel to be a great defensive team...

Amare can't guard Duncan but their best chance in beating us lies with him defending Duncan...ditto Marion playing PF and all their starters logging heavy minutes.

What D'antoni did this season was pretty amazing...if he gets the personnel to shore up their weaknesses and doesn't act on it, then he'll deserve criticism IMO, but he doesn't deserve any criticism for winning 62 games, and having the best record in the NBA, with a team that was in the lottery last year.

D'antoni got the most out of the type of talent he has to work with.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-30-2005, 02:51 PM
He can get that personel too, if he can pick up the players he wants from europe

Catharsis
05-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I feel sorry for Nash!
He is the leagues reigning MVP and he can't even get to the basket with our 'rookie' Tony Parker. Tony has been the man with him!
It was also kind of sad that the whole crowd was yelling "MVP!" AT Tim Duncan when Nash was standing right there. That sucks...But it was awesome!! I was yelling at my TV so happy with all of you that went to the game! You did us proud!

What? Nash is averaging 26 pts per game this series with Parker guarding him--looks like he's getting to the basket to me. That's over 10 pts over his scoring avg for during the season. Is Parker that bad of a defender?

And it's hard to call someone in their 4th season a "rookie."

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 03:26 PM
San Antonio is not letting Nash get a bunch of assist. If they let Nash score 30 and only have 3 assist against an offensive juggernaut in the suns San Antonio wins.

Catharsis
05-30-2005, 03:57 PM

Who knows? Maybe the Suns will be contenders for several years to come. But I wouldn't start talking "dynasty" just yet. Minnesota is a poor comparision. They had many of the same players, but they were not the same team. Cassell is 35 and Spreewell is 34. Ervin Johnson is 37. Szczerbiak Hudson and Cassell were hurt a good chunk of the year while never really making an impact. And then there was Eddie Griffin who's a head case.

With the exception of Nash, the Suns team is young.

Amare Stoudemire: 22
Leandro Barbosa: 22
Steven Hunter: 23
Joe Johnson: 23
Quentin Richardson: 25
Shawn Marion: 27
Steve Nash: 31
Jim Jackson: 34

That's their core--or at least the players who actually play. All of them are under contract next season with the exception of Joe Johnson who is a restricted free agent. Rumors are he'll be resigned as Phx isn't convinced they can be as competetive without him--and they're right. The Suns have put themselves enough in the black this season that they would consider dipping into the luxury tax.

As for Joe Johnson and his 3pt shooting average jumping up this year, well, there's a reason he did really poor in the 3 pt shootout this year. He needs the ball passed to his chest to put himself in position to shoot. He almost never hits a three off the dribble. Usually it's off a fast break where he's wide open. As long as that continues, he's going to be one of the most accurate 3 pt shooters in the league. He forced a lot of bad shots last season. Richardson, on the other hand, reminds me of Dan Majerle. Like Majerle Richardson was a scrappy player who got his pts off of taking it to the rim. The offense was so good at fast breaks that he kept stepping back and bombing. If the Suns ever slowed it down a bit he would actually benefit the most, imho. It pissed me off when Majerle was comfortable with staying back and taking the 3. In his early days he was the guy who dunked over Bol.

http://www.nba.com/suns/images/allcentury/Majerle.jpg

I wish Q would find more of that game.

But the Suns have a decent amount of roster flexibility this off season with three players definitely gone (McCarty, Outlaw, and Shirley). They may waive or trade Voskuhl and if Johnson isn't resigned, they will have A LOT of financial flexibility to sign a top defender--he'll just need to have some scoring ability for D'Antoni to want him. Illguaskas is available (although over priced), as well as Mutombo and Swift. But who am I kidding, they will probably go after Luke Walton.

Catharsis
05-30-2005, 03:59 PM
San Antonio is not letting Nash get a bunch of assist. If they let Nash score 30 and only have 3 assist against an offensive juggernaut in the suns San Antonio wins.
No doubt, but they also let him get 13 and 15 in the first two games. One game doesn't mean they've shut him down.