PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk Contest 2011

sefant77
01-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who has become must-see TV because of his slam dunks, will be in the NBA's slam dunk contest, sources said Tuesday night. Joining Griffin will be Washington Wizards 7-foot centerJaVale McGee, Oklahoma City Thunder 6-10 forward Serge Ibaka and Milwaukee Bucks 6-1 guard Brandon Jennings, sources said.

And the winner is...Griffin of course.

Ah and looks the King/John Lennon/GOAT is too chicken to challenge Griffin. What a loser. Looks like he is waiting a year with no names to be sure he wins it.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/31/lebron-james-dunk.ap/index.html

Rip-Hamilton32
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
3 bigs and jennings? Blake has this

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Ibaka is going to surprise some people with his dunks, but I'd still go w/ Blake.

Killakobe81
01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Lebron could of elevated this to great heights. Im not going to say he is a "chicken" but he does seem overly protective of his "image" as a winner for a guy with no rings ...Dominique pretty much called him and most of this generation out by saying they dont compete because there egos make them "afraid to lose" ...

Lebron maybe the best dunker (of substance as a player) to NOT participate at LEAST once ...and a dunk contest especially if they went back to the old format could of been epic ...

If he did compete, I would favor Griffin but I think people forget how nasty Lebron is in the open court ...I'm just not sure how creative he is (dunk-wise)
The dunk contests I saw when he was in HS were all powere and elevation nothing innovative ...maybe that is why he refuses to enter.

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Calf tats, Power Ranking, Dunk Contests.

:rolleyes

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
LeBron can throw down, no one can deny that.

JR Smith again tbh, but he said he wouldn't

Trill Clinton
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
the slam dunk contest has been wack since 2000

cheguevara
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
3 bigs??? this is gonna be a shitty contest

Muser
01-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Can't be worse than last year.

SourCandy
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
lebron is to old for a dunk contest. Figured that would be for guys with not much time in the NBA.

Killakobe81
01-05-2011, 11:30 AM

that is why people want Lebron in it because it has been pretty crappy ...

Blake vs. Lebron = win ...

Killakobe81
01-05-2011, 11:32 AM
lebron is to old for a dunk contest. Figured that would be for guys with not much time in the NBA.

too old?
both nique and MJ participated at an age past where Lebron is now ...
Though i think nique did one contest too many ...

he is my all-time favorite dunker but i think the last one he won was to make up for the one he was robbed in chicago ...plus the field his last year was weak.

Booharv
01-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Nate Robinson?

Phillip
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
considering the way smaller guys get their knobs slobbed in dunk contests, I fully expect Jennings to win, even if he doesnt deserve it, pretty much like Nate didnt deserve to win over Iggy or Dwight, but still did just because hes a tiny twerp.

BlairForceDejuan
01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
From the legends of old, to stickers on backboards.

Good game NBA.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
considering the way smaller guys get their knobs slobbed in dunk contests, I fully expect Jennings to win, even if he doesnt deserve it, pretty much like Nate didnt deserve to win over Iggy or Dwight, but still did just because hes a tiny twerp.

or Derozan.

Phillip
01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
rofl

Phillip
01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I was especially mad over Iggy getting robbed. He had two of the most underrated dunks in dunk contest history, and they were possibly 2 of the 5 best dunks ive ever seen in the dunk contest.

DPG21920
01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Jennings w a broken foot?

ALVAREZ6
01-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I was especially mad over Iggy getting robbed. He had two of the most underrated dunks in dunk contest history, and they were possibly 2 of the 5 best dunks ive ever seen in the dunk contest.

AI to AI baby, great dunk

ALVAREZ6
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
And if that's seriously the lineup...it'll be the weakest contest I've ever seen. Griffin is gonna outscore every other dunker by a long shot, LMAO WTF is Javele McGee and Serge Ibaka doin in this thing???? :wtf Especially, McGee, yea he can dunk but cot damn it's like me playing on a 7 foot rim. He's 7 feet tall to begin with, with an even longer wingspan, his wingspan is retarded.

lebomb
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Griffin may be the favorite..............but just throwing it down WITH FORCE will not win it. Blake will have to be creative.

Phillip
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
lol utsa

lebomb
01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
lol utsa

How them Aggies doing?

............what happened to all the UT invincible talk? You boxed up the T-shirts didnt you? :lol

rickross
01-05-2011, 04:17 PM

jrich
PejeH1uzDJs

And LOL @MJ wit da sour grapes face "i wish i could dunk like dat smirk smirk"

Dat rite there is da best dunk ever seen in da nba dunk contest. Extreme hops fluidity creativity and expressin. Brings a fuckin tear to my eye son.

4>0rings
01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Blake wins the 2011 dunk contest with a sweet layup.

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Blake Griffin should bring out Timofee Mozgov as a prop and post him up

Koolaid_Man
01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Lebron could of elevated this to great heights. Im not going to say he is a "chicken" but he does seem overly protective of his "image" as a winner for a guy with no rings ...Dominique pretty much called him and most of this generation out by saying they dont compete because there egos make them "afraid to lose" ...

Lebron maybe the best dunker (of substance as a player) to NOT participate at LEAST once ...and a dunk contest especially if they went back to the old format could of been epic ...

If he did compete, I would favor Griffin but I think people forget how nasty Lebron is in the open court ...I'm just not sure how creative he is (dunk-wise)
The dunk contests I saw when he was in HS were all powere and elevation nothing innovative ...maybe that is why he refuses to enter.

You hit the nail on the head. What this buffoon doesn't realize is that it's almost like a rite 'o passage for those that aspire to be one of the all the greats. ( Dr J, MJ and Nique, Kobe and Carter, etc) some of the best dunkers of our life-time have entered and paid their respects...but not LeClown...He's afraid of failure like he did in High School...

Just look at this shit...His dunks are power and that's it...he would lose by a country fucking mile...ohhh and I like how the announcers in this vid tried hard as hell to pimp his shitty dunks...Pathetic...

0kdvMExxakY

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2011, 09:48 PM
lol @ calling Vince Carter an all time great

duncan228
01-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Blake Griffin has some “things up my sleeve” for dunk contest (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/blake-griffin-has-some-%e2%80%9cthings-up-my-sleeve%e2%80%9d-for-dunk-contest/)
Kurt Helin

It wasn’t just basketball fans thinking about Blake Griffin in the All-Star Dunk Contest (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/it%e2%80%99s-official-blake-griffin-to-beat-javale-mcgee-serge-ibaka-brandon-jennings-in-dunk-contest/), apparently he’s been thinking about it, too.

In a video interview on NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2011/01/05/20110105_bgriffin_contest_sot.nba/) (via The Rookie Wall (http://therookiewall.com/blog/2011/01/05/griffin-on-dunk-contest-ive-got-a-few-things-up-my-sleeve/)), Griffin says in his kind of understated way that he has been thinking about this and may have a few ideas.

“I think I’m just gonna try and get up as high as possible and throw it down as hard as possible. You know, put a little show in there, put a little pizazz and see what we can come out with. Hopefully I’ll have the home court advantage, but I don’t know, we got a lot of good guys in there so I’m definitely going to try to play into that a little bit.”

“I’ve got a few things up my sleeve. I’m not showing them yet.”

I’m trying not to over-hype this in my mind, for fear it can’t live up to the expectations. But man, this could be amazing.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/blake-griffin-has-some-%e2%80%9cthings-up-my-sleeve%e2%80%9d-for-dunk-contest/

Killakobe81
01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
You hit the nail on the head. What this buffoon doesn't realize is that it's almost like a rite 'o passage for those that aspire to be one of the all the greats. ( Dr J, MJ and Nique, Kobe and Carter, etc) some of the best dunkers of our life-time have entered and paid their respects...but not LeClown...He's afraid of failure like he did in High School...

Just look at this shit...His dunks are power and that's it...he would lose by a country fucking mile...ohhh and I like how the announcers in this vid tried hard as hell to pimp his shitty dunks...Pathetic...

0kdvMExxakY

His dunks were cool but I was expecting a Vince type moment were he just took over and "ended it" ....but it never came. I dont know if shannon beat him but i thought at least one his dunks was better than anything Lebron did ...

mystargtr34
01-06-2011, 05:45 AM
LeBron probly wouldnt win the dunk contest IMO even though hes the best game dunker in the league.. speed and power works in games when your dunking in traffic or on the break.. but guys who win dunk contests.. like Richardson, Carter, Jordan and Nique have that slim buid which allows them to do more with their bodies while there in the air. Its pretty hard to contort and spin in the air when you are the size of Karl Malone.

Those dunks you saw from LeBron in that HS clip are pretty much what you would see from him if he did a dunk contest today.