PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban calls Phil Jackson "Jeanie Buss' boy-toy"

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 09:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5989436

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apparently didn't appreciate Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offering his opinion about the impact of Caron Butler's season-ending knee injury.

"He just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill," Jackson said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Cuban scoffed Tuesday evening at reporters' questions about whether this affected the Mavs' approach in the trade market. He kept his answers brief, saying they'd be "opportunistic," as always.

But Cuban was a bit more talkative while jabbing at Jackson, poking fun at the legendary coach's romantic relationship with Lakers owner Jerry Buss' daughter and team executive vice president of business operations, Jeanie, in the process.

"I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us," Cuban said while sweating on the stair-stepping machine in the Mavs' workout room. "I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

Cuban declined to offer his opinion on the two-time defending champion Lakers, who have hit a rough patch with four losses in six games.

"I don't have a take on his team," Cuban said with a smirk. "I like Jeanie."

:lmao:lmao

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2011, 09:19 AM
lol no rings

sefant77
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I bet Jackson had a good laugh with this

sefant77
01-05-2011, 09:27 AM
lol no rings

lol no rings and Carmella leaving

Lawson
Afflalo
Harrington
Anderson
Nene

:rollin

boutons_deux
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Dallas, America's Asshole

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Almost as quality as your squad bro

sefant77
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Dallas, America's Asshole

I thought thats New Orleans because its allready good and always lubricated

urunobili
01-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Wow!!!

Muser
01-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Meow

lefty
01-05-2011, 10:06 AM
He is her boy toy

Fucking bastatrd left his family for that Dr Buss' illegitimate daughter # 293949885

hater
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
that just makes Jackson look like a Pimp. Boy toy to a billionare daughter?

Idiot Cuban

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Cuban needs that ring. Otherwise, he's shinin' shoes.

Shank
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
lol Jack-Zen pwnd by the Man Child

SourCandy
01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
mark cuban stfu already god dam. Why does this guy have the need to talk and talk? See other owners do this? No just his lame ass. Talk talk to make up for something he doesn't have.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM

You got he "child" part right.

djohn2oo8
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM

Man Child? :lol

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Someone needs to sew Cuban's mouth shut.

coyotes_geek
01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Wow. Phil says that Caron Butler is going to be hard to replace. How inflamatory. I can see why Cuban got upset.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Someone needs to sew Cuban's mouth shut.

I'll do it!

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 12:13 PM
When asked about Cuban's comments, Jackson said, "Mark must be really worried. If he's got to comment on that, he must be really worried."

At age 65, Jackson took Cuban's jab as a compliment.

"I love it," Jackson said. "I consider myself an old man, to hear that I'm a boy-toy? That's terrific."

Buss, meanwhile, told reporters there could have been a better comeback by Cuban.

Jackson then tried to clarify his original comment about Dallas.

"I feel badly for [the Mavericks], that's what I was saying. It's hard to replace a player that good," Jackson said. "They do have a good player that's sitting behind him. Shawn [Marion] is a fine player, but it's not Caron Butler, so it's hard to replace a player like that."

Fpoonsie
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
It's such a strange thing to say. I don't know if you'd call it "bulletin board material" for the Lakers, so how exactly does one respond as a player, if at all...?

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
It's such a strange thing to say. I don't know if you'd call it "bulletin board material" for the Lakers, so how exactly does one respond as a player, if at all...?

Maybe they should ask RJ . . .

Phillip
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't understand why Cuban would have said what he said unless he is just doing it for publicity reasons and trying to spark a fire and create a Mavs/Lakers rivalry, much like he helped turn Mavs/Spurs into a big rivalry with strange, random comments like this.

For the sake of the team, its probably better that he keep quiet, although it really shouldnt make that much of a difference, the guys should be mentally tough enough to ignore anything like that. But for attention to the NBA, stuff like this is actually great. I think it's pretty obvious that most of the stuff that Cuban does that makes other fans get irritated with him, has actually been extremely good for the NBA, and people don't realize it. Silly drama = more followers, which in turn = more money. And if he can help spark a rivalry in the process, even better.

Veterinarian
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe they should ask RJ . . .

Nobody cares about references to minor stories from your boring ass team. Take that garbage upstairs.

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Not much of an insult. As some said already, what's wrong with being a boy-toy to a billionaire's daughter? Plus even though she's older, it's not like she's ugly. Jackson probably did chuckle about the comment, as he should. And who takes offense to Cuban's tongue-in-cheek comments anymore anyway? Don't see a big deal in the comment. It was amusing.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't understand why Cuban would have said what he said unless he is just doing it for publicity reasons and trying to spark a fire and create a Mavs/Lakers rivalry, much like he helped turn Mavs/Spurs into a big rivalry with strange, random comments like this.

For the sake of the team, its probably better that he keep quiet, although it really shouldnt make that much of a difference, the guys should be mentally tough enough to ignore anything like that. But for attention to the NBA, stuff like this is actually great. I think it's pretty obvious that most of the stuff that Cuban does that makes other fans get irritated with him, has actually been extremely good for the NBA, and people don't realize it. Silly drama = more followers, which in turn = more money. And if he can help spark a rivalry in the process, even better.

+1

Mark Cuban is like the Rex Ryan of the NBA.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Nobody cares about references to minor stories from your boring ass team. Take that garbage upstairs.

To use the parlance of your forum . . .

Not understanding the point of the joke is telling me.

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I wish I were Kori's old man toy.

Killakobe81
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I wish I were Kori's old man toy.

LOL Kori must have a helluva sense of humor ... if im ever in SA again i have to attend a GTG ...best basketball forum-site (despite the recent lapse in quality on the NBA side) ...

fevertrees
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/109322-3/Jeannie+Buss+talks+to+Mark+Cuban.jpg

timvp
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Cuban is the expert on boy-toys!

lmaololroflcopterroethlisraperlolroflcrofl

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Man Child? :lol

Good description. I love looking at camera shot of Cuban holding back tears when the Mavs are losing. He looks like a little kid at the grocery store when his mommy tells him to put that candy bar back.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:31 PM
+1

Mark Cuban is like the Rex Ryan of the NBA.

+1. Both like to talk a good game, and both admire other teams trophy cases.

Roddy Beaubois
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
what a badass.

SenorSpur
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Cubes is such a media whore that he'll fire back at anyone and say anything just to get some ink.

rickross
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
cuban droppin da hamma on phil's imposter coattailin scrub ass.