PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Udoka Waived

etbluffer
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Per Spurs Twitter: Ime Udoka has been waived

Zelophehad
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Because he sucks of course. Smart move. You guys should sign someone like Carney, at least he's young, long, and athletic, if dumb and a mediocre shooter.

MoSpur
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Good riddance

ElNono
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Things already starting to shape up... :lol

Making room for somebody? Anderson?

etbluffer
01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Things already starting to shape up... :lol

Making room for somebody? Anderson?

Well, Anderson isn't scheduled to return for a couple of weeks, so they will have to sign someone before that. Remember, the Spurs have been flirting with the minimum players on a team number all season. Expect them to sign Carney and give him a try. Sometimes, with a good coach and winning attitude, it can bring something big out of a young player.

Spurs Brazil
01-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Good move.

lefty
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
2011 Champs baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricB
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Well Anderson isn't playing this roadtrip...

He could come back Sunday or next week sometime...

Bruno
01-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Udoka is a good guy but he wasn't good enough to be kept. It's logical to see him being waived.

Spurs will likely sign very soon a SF to a 10 days contract. Jawad Williams is my bet.

And props to Quinn for making the team.

Spur|n|Austin
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Ime, but glad to see him go.

Bukefal
01-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, that's no surprise. I wonder who they will sign now.

Das Texan
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
The Spurs were not about to let his contract become guaranteed.

Ime is just so fucking bad.....

v2freak
01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I still like him.

Banzai
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
So who do the Spurs go for now? Big name? or another Blair/Neal type of player?

WeNeedLength
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I still like him.

:nope You're not allowed to say that :nope

Ime should have retired long ago. Our team will now be better
because that rock with shoes will not touch the ball. :toast

mountainballer
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Quinn did well in his few minutes. good choice to keep him.
just one TO in 21 games! (or 140 minutes) Pop sure liked that number.

J. Williams is good guess.
(btw. what is Pavlovic doing these days?)

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
rodney carney, pops mensah bonsu, sundiata gaines are available....

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Why are we convinced they are going to sign anyone? Honest question.

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Quinn did well in his few minutes. good choice to keep him.
just one TO in 21 games! (or 140 minutes) Pop sure liked that number.

J. Williams is good guess.
(btw. what is Pavlovic doing these days?)

pavlovic is not a bad signing imo...coz he played under mike brown.....and mike brown's defensive scheme is somewhat similar to pop's defensive scheme...he could be a decent backup who could hit the 3.....

greyforest
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
andersen is getting close!!!!

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 12:10 PM

why not? there has to be someone till anderson comes back.....

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
why not? there has to be someone till anderson comes back.....

andersen is getting close!!!!

8FOR!3
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM

I don't think they are. You've got James Anderson returning in a couple of weeks. Rodney Carney or Jawad Williams would be good no doubt, but then James Anderson comes back and you don't have a spot for Carney/Williams. Neither one of those guys are bad enough to sit on the inactive list for the rest of the year.

timvp
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you, basketball gods. I had nightmares of Pop turning to Udoka to defend Kobe in the playoffs.

Udoka is a good teammate, a good guy and a good example of someone willing to accept a role. The problem is he is nowhere near an NBA level player. The knee injuries he suffered earlier in his career combined with age have robbed him of most of his basketball ability.

I also like keeping Quinn. As a third string PG, he has fit perfectly.

spurtech09
01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
well spurs already have shooters....I think they need a foward....but who knows if the spurs sign anyone

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Neither one of those guys are bad enough to sit on the inactive list for the rest of the year.

They are currently "inactive".

8FOR!3
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
They are currently "inactive".

Yeah but surely they can get rotation minutes somewhere. Especially Carney.

Libri
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
:nope You're not allowed to say that :nope

Ime should have retired long ago. Our team will now be better
because that rock with shoes will not touch the ball. :toast

Maybe Portland will sign him.

FkLA
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Thank god, Udoka is terrible. Absolutely terrible. No words to describe how terrible he is.

What's downtown Devin Brown up to? His best years in the league were here in SA, Ive always liked him. Plus he's a UTSA alumn :)

Trill Clinton
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Thank god, Udoka is terrible. Absolutely terrible. No words to describe how terrible he is.

Terrible?

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
spurs will sign a big....

urunobili
01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Anderson coming back soon!

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
spurs will sign a big....

who is available?

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
how good are damien wilkins and brian skinner? both of them just waived by their teams......

Dex
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh snap. I guess now we know who to scapegoat for the Knicks game. :lol

Spursfanfromafar
01-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Because the league mandates 13 members in any squad and currently there are only 12 (even with Anderson in and Udoka out).

timtonymanu
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Udoka is a great guy, just not an NBA player.

This means Anderson is safely returning soon. Can't wait to have our full rotation back.

greensborohill
01-05-2011, 12:57 PM
They'll just re-sign him once he clears waivers. Except this time the contract won't be guaranteed.

yavozerb
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
They'll just re-sign him once he clears waivers. Except this time the contract won't be guaranteed.

Would not surprise me one bit if this happened.

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Because the league mandates 13 members in any squad and currently there are only 12 (even with Anderson in and Udoka out).

:tu miscalculation. They have two weeks, yes?

Thompson
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Good luck Ime. He seemed like a great guy, but it's a business.

crc21209
01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
:lol GTFO Udoka! :tu

E-RockWill
01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
:tu miscalculation. They have two weeks, yes?

I believe that is correct.

Yet, the Hornets just waived Pops....:stirpot:

Velo
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Interstingly Pops Mensah-Bonsu was waived by the Hornets as well....coincidence..?
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/04/hornets-moves.ap/index.html

Giuseppe
01-05-2011, 01:35 PM
So who do the Spurs go for now? Big name? or another Neal type of player?

Pop probably keepin' an eye peeled on police blotter's across the land.

greensborohill
01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Interstingly Pops Mensah-Bonsu was waived by the Hornets as well....coincidence..?
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/04/hornets-moves.ap/index.html

No, a ton of teams are gonna cut players that they don't want to have gauranted contracts for. Mavs cut Novak but will probably re-sign him to a non-gauranted contract if he clears waivers. Same with Ime

Fpoonsie
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM

:lol

fyatuk
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Because waiving Udoka puts the Spurs at 12 players, and you have to have 13.

The Spurs might wait the 2 weeks or whatever they have to sign someone, but the MUST sign someone.

ace3g
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'd sign either Rodney Carney or Jawad Williams. Edge to Williams because of his 6'9 frame, if developed correctly (and the knowledge Ferry has of him with the Cavs) could be a match up nightmare.

MaNu4Tres
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Carney or Jawad Williams. IMO (hopefully)

bus driver
01-05-2011, 01:52 PM

What's downtown Devin Brown up to? His best years in the league were here in SA, Ive always liked him. Plus he's a UTSA alumn :)

i think he plays for the bulls or at least riding the pine

DesignatedT
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
At least we know that he won't be preventing Anderson from getting a little PT when he gets back

DMC
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I still like him.

Maybe you can get him on where you work.

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
i hope it is jawad, coz i saw him play and is a hard worker....i think he scored 15 and grabbed couple rebounds in a game when lebron was inactive for that game......

DMC
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4868388#post4868388

:toast

TwelveGs210
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Thank the lord. As you can see on my sig, I have been patiently awaiting this day..

See you in 2 years for your 3rd tour of duty, Ime. I'm sure with your OUTSTANDING contribution this season, Pop will request your one of a kind services yet again.

xmas1997
01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Bring up Cousins from the D league.

Darkwaters
01-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure if it is actually going to be Jawad Williams. Hes been a free agent for a while now and the Spurs haven't made a move. This waiving is likely simply a reaction to preventing Ime's contract from becoming guaranteed. He could very well be resigned eventually on a non-guaranteed deal.

Rodney Carney might be a target. Have the Spurs had interest in him previously? He seems like the kind of guy that they might give a try-out to.

Marcus Cousin is still an serious option too...especially on 10 day contracts. Do they start on Jan 10th again this year?

Just because Anderson is returning doesn't mean anything. Somebody will be signed to fill out the roster to at least 13 per league rules. Ime might be a stop gap choice, but the Spurs likely comb the league (or D-League) for some sort of developmental target.

duncan228
01-05-2011, 02:08 PM
48MoH's take.

Spurs waive Ime Udoka (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/spurs-waive-ime-udoka#more-12224)
by Andrew A. McNeill
48 Minutes of Hell

On Wednesday, the San Antonio Spurs announced they waived forward Ime Udoka. From the press release (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/spurs_waive_ime_udoka_110105.html):

The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have waived guard/forward Ime Udoka. Udoka was signed by San Antonio on November 24, 2010, and appeared in 20 games totaling 14 points and 19 rebounds in 130 minutes.

The Spurs roster now stands at 12.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/spurs-waive-ime-udoka#more-12224)

ohmwrecker
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Bring up Cousins from the D league.

And send Splitter down?

I wouldn't mind seeing Lance Thomas get a shot. He's been playing solid ball for the Toros, he's from the Duke program and . . . he's 6'8"!

xmas1997
01-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Dominique Archie, a So. Carolina 6'7" F who plays both forward positions and All-SEC Second Team and the All-Defensive Team, sounds really intriguing.

cube1980
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
And send Splitter down?

I wouldn't mind seeing Lance Thomas get a shot. He's been playing solid ball for the Toros, he's from the Duke program and . . . he's 6'8"!
6'8'' sounds good. He plays SF right? It will be great if Spurs have a SF /w that size.

Mark in Austin
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Udoka is a good teammate, a good guy and a good example of someone willing to accept a role.

Probably the right thing to do for the team, but I'll always be an Ime fan, not because of anything he did with the Spurs, but beacuse of this story Gabe Muoneke tells about playing with Ime in Africa. I'll just say it: The man is a badass.

THE IME UDOKA STORY (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/muoneke/2007/12/09/ime-the-great/)

It’s a trip when you get to know people. Ime was so quiet and I figured he was just some guy who could play with a Nigerian father. Well, folks in S.A., don’t be fooled. That dude in an Afr-I-CAN! I mean damn! The only thing non-African about him is his accent. We went to Nigeria, man… When they brought out the food I figured uh oh… He aint eatin’ th… What the?! Ime was tearing that Fu-fu (thank Jay-Z for everyone knowing what that is now) to shreads. I asked him about his adornment of the vittles. He said that’s all he ate growing up. Imagine my surprise when I saw he must have grown up doing the African ju-jitsu too.

When the National Team went to Algeria for the African Championships in Algiers, every team was on edge because the Top 3 squads got the invite to the World Championships. So after we lost to Angola in the semis and had to play Algeria for the third spot, they knew, we knew, everyone knew they had no shot. First quarter… Tactics. African ball, man. Trust me: as corrupt as can be. Despite all the cheating from the three-man (North African) refereeing crew they just couldn’t beat us. So the coach sent in their best player, who was injured but came in with a purpose. I think his name was Ali Bidane or something. We had the ball out of bounce under. He guarded me. As the ref handed us the ball, he turned, looked at me as if there was not a game going on. And pop! Not an elbow, not even a signature yours truly gutter. He decked me right in the jaw. I couldn’t believe it. And come on. I freely admit when I throw cheap shots. I wouldn’t hide it if I started to. I mean, I’m in the middle of basically middle eastern country playing the local team. I know better (read on to see my contradiction). He nailed me, we turned it over, and yes, my Rodman 101 class did well. I looked up court, saw both refs back and calmly asked him in by most polite French, “Pardon me sir, I object to you striking me.” Next thing you know… Both teams on the court going at it. Wow.

Imagine my surprise! (My cheeks hurt). That wasn’t the real brawl. After we won was the real issue. After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and ehold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say,”Watch back, Gabe” and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispacthing of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far. As we retreated to the locker room to kind chants of, “You cudly blackies! We highly doubt your ability to leave this gym with lives intact” in French, (it might have been a bad translation) all I could do was marvel at Ime. This guy, I thought, was a quiet American guy was standing there – all his stuff gone (gym bag, wallet, shoes, jersey) – with a stick in his hand we tore off the walls of the locker room in the middle of North Africa quite literally with our lives on the line… laughing. All the while I was texting my wife that I loved her and might have a hard time seeing her again while she was watching the whole incident on BBC News. And Ime… laughing. He is and always will be my 9ja broda. Ime… Wetin happen bros? Abi na notin. Notin dey happen. To this day I don’t know how we got out of there. But that night we ate like kings at the Nigerian Embassy. And Ime was with us… Killing his Fu-fu.

Tell me how I could have seen a thing like that if I had made the NBA out of college! You just can’t make this stuff up.

Shalom.

Avitus1
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank God

Spursmania
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Notwithstanding the fact that I'm glad he's gone---
Nice story about Ime there:tu

SenorSpur
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
This was long overdue. Good luck to Ime. He's a good guy.

Now perhaps the Spurs can turn their attention to getting a "real" backup SF. Corey Brewer could possibly be had. After seeing Wilson Chandler torch their defense for 31 pts last night, perhaps RC and Pop have a new level of desire for him.

:-) All wishful thinking on my part.

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
This was long overdue. Good luck to Ime. He's a good guy.

Now perhaps the Spurs can turn their attention to getting a "real" backup SF. Corey Brewer could possibly be had. After seeing Wilson Chandler torch their defense for 31 pts last night, perhaps RC and Pop have a new level of desire for him.

:-) All wishful thinking on my part.

brewer is available?

angelbelow
01-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Udoka was pretty useless, from a business standpoint, Im glad they waived him so they dont have to pay him at all.

xmas1997
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
brewer is available?
I think he's still with Minn, but available to get via trade.
I seriously doubt the Spurs will do a trade, but Brewer would be a great player to pick up if Minn. had waived him.

SenorSpur
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
brewer is available?

I read a blurb the other day that the Wolves are trying to pry Mayo and Randolph away from the Grizz. Brewer's name was mentioned as part of a package. However, the Grizz are already loaded with wings and really don't need Brewer. He could possibly be had for the right price.

tdunk21
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I read a blurb the other day that the Wolves are trying to pry Mayo and Randolph away from the Grizz. Brewer's name was mentioned as part of a package. However, the Grizz are already loaded with wings and really don't need Brewer. He could possibly be had for the right price.

i liked his defense when the spurs played with them last time....he just needs the right coach to become good and expose his talent

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
YESSSSSSS udoka is finally "done done" with the spurs in any way :tu

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Whats the price? 1st rounder?

Spurologist
01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
why was he signed again????

objective
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Good news and I hope he isn't brought back on a 10-day.

iManu
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
James White!

iManu
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAL9Tj-8FU&feature=related

^^Mcdonald's Jawad Williams elbow dunks. (Vs. James White! and David Lee.)
:downspin:

spurs1990
01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Udoka is a good teammate, a good guy and a good example of someone willing to accept a role. The problem is he is nowhere near an NBA level player. The knee injuries he suffered earlier in his career combined with age have robbed him of most of his basketball ability.

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, why do you think the Spurs signed him in the first place?

Bruno
01-05-2011, 06:40 PM
If he agreed to a 10 days contract and if Spurs are ready to get over his past, Qyntel Woods could be another player worth a try. He is with Jarvis Hayes the SF with the most upside.

Spurs have also now enough space below the tax to have 14 players under contract until the end of the year. With the D-League showcase coming next Monday, Spurs could try some D-League prospects they like with this 14th roster spot.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you, basketball gods. I had nightmares of Pop turning to Udoka to defend Kobe in the playoffs.

I also like keeping Quinn. As a third string PG, he has fit perfectly.

This.

However, if the Spurs ever decide to tour the dusty gyms of North Africa, I think we should re-sign Ime for his "local knowledge":

http://thesilverandblack.blogspot.com/2007/12/ime-udoka-part-baller-part-ninja.html

I love that story. :lol

howbouthemspurs
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Smart move! I like it!

Chachachango
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM
:married::downspin::whine:king:flag::lmao:rollin:l obt::blah:rolleyes:greedy:p::ihit:nope:music:hungr y::smokin:):clap:convertib:dizzy:sucker:reading:co rn::nutkick::down::violin:spless::ttiwwp:Ah shit, So God does exist.

Spurs Brazil
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Spurs have also now enough space below the tax to have 14 players under contract until the end of the year.

Good news

DMC
01-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Who cares about crazy dunks. Do you want Vince Carter? No... How about Harold Miner? No? Hmmmm.... ok...

TD 21
01-05-2011, 07:20 PM
If he agreed to a 10 days contract and if Spurs are ready to get over his past, Qyntel Woods could be another player worth a try. He is with Jarvis Hayes the SF with the most upside.

Spurs have also now enough space below the tax to have 14 players under contract until the end of the year. With the D-League showcase coming next Monday, Spurs could try some D-League prospects they like with this 14th roster spot.

I doubt they'd sign Woods (not saying definitively they wouldn't, though). He's definitely the most talented SF option available, followed by Hayes, as you said. But if the Spurs wanted Hayes, I've got to think they've have signed him instead of Udoka in the first place.

Unfortunately, they'll probably pick between Williams (probably most likely), Carney and Wilkins. Outside of Woods and Hayes, I'd prefer they bring back Green over those three.

Not sure the D-League route makes a ton of sense. As much as people think this is a meaningless spot, it's not. When you're only carrying 13 (and one of the 13 is injured, as is), every spot has some level of importance. If Jefferson were to go down, even day-to-day, they'd need someone who could instantly be counted on for significant minutes at SF, especially if they were playing against a bigger three.

Manu-of-steel
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Bye Ime. Good luck on your career. Thanks.

ChuckD
01-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Because the NBA mandates 13 on the roster?

Don't get all excited, other than Ime is gone. This slot will turn into nothing more than a revolving door of 10 day contracts.

ace3g
01-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Spurs need to pick up someone that can play spot minutes at the SF position (who is a SF) to give Manu and RJ rest, so they don't have to go small.

I think Jawad Williams or Rodney Carney could fill that spot. I don't want to pick someone up, just to fill a spot and who will be forgotten if Anderson comes back on time.

ChuckD
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Spurs need to pick up someone that can play spot minutes at the SF position (who is a SF) to give Manu and RJ rest, so they don't have to go small.

I think Jawad Williams or Rodney Carney could fill that spot. I don't want to pick someone up, just to fill a spot and who will be forgotten if Anderson comes back on time.

Get ready for disappointment.

Truth4sale$
01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Forget a bakcup Small forward..maybe POP realizes he needs depth in the big man dept

ChuckD
01-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Forget a bakcup Small forward..maybe POP realizes he needs depth in the big man dept

Fail. Spurs will sign a wing. How many minutes does Pop use even two true bigs in any game, anyway? And you have Tim, DeJuan, Dice, Splitter and Bonner already.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
And send Splitter down?

6'8'' sounds good. He plays SF right? It will be great if Spurs have a SF /w that size.The Toros start Thomas at PF, but have been trying him at the 3 for some stretches with limited success. It's only been two games, but he doesn't have much of a shot beyond 18ft. We'll see if the tryout continues Friday.

Dominique Archie, a So. Carolina 6'7" F who plays both forward positions and All-SEC Second Team and the All-Defensive Team, sounds really intriguing.I really don't expect anything from Archie this season. He was out most of last season after knee surgery and just started playing ball right before the D-League draft. I'd keep an eye on him over the summer and next season, though.

I think if the Spurs don't blow the rest of their money under the tax on one vet, I think they will probably start the 10-auditions pretty soon. They might even sign more than one at a time if that is what is on their radar. Cousin would seem a natural choice for a project big, though Chris Johnson might be worth a look if only for his blocking and PnR offense. Among SF types, Pat Ewing Jr. still looks like the kind of player the Spurs could use, though he's probably more 4 than 3. Kyle Weaver and Marcus Landry have been shooting well from behind the arc.

Budkin
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
What the hell happened to Udoka? He didn't used to be that bad.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
While the Celtics loss was disappointing, this news made my day!

UnWantedTheory
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Damnit! Thats why we lost tonight.

ploto
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Can't blame Udoka anymore.

Tinystarz
01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
so what happens when a player gets waived? is udoka just umemployed now?

objective
01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
according to shamsports, Marcus Haislip has been released from Caja Laboral.

He knows the system, spreads the floor, athletic on the wings . . .

Hey, it could happen!

Yeah, I guess not.

Hermann is jobless too, maybe he could spell Manu for 5 minutes a night at SF while Anderson recovers.

Yorae
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM

Can we have an arsonist?

admiralsnackbar
01-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Anybody know Da'Sean Butler's current status? He was scheduled to be cleared for play by 2010 training camp, but there's been nary a peep on the guy since the Heat cut him in the preseason.

Spurs Brazil
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN
Spurs have until Jan. 19 to sign 13th player, probably using a 10-day contract. Haven't ruled out bringing back Ime Udoka on 10-day. #spurs

DMC
01-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't mind a revolving door, but when you know who holds that spot and you know his history, you know you cannot discover talent. With an open roster, the Spurs can try out lots of players and maybe find a gem. Ime isn't a gem in the NBA.

BackHome
01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I would like to add two additional players either Ewing Jr/Kyle Weaver, and Cousins.

shingo_318
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
the scapegoat is gone.spurstalk needs a new one desperately

DMC
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM

How about we use you as the scape-asshole?

yavozerb
01-08-2011, 11:15 PM
How about we use you as the scape-asshole?

Well give you the honors....:lol

WeNeedLength
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Can this thread die already? Udoka is gone, a brighter future lies ahead...... where no more Udoka threads exist. Alright?

Ice009
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Can this thread die already? Udoka is gone, a brighter future lies ahead...... where no more Udoka threads exist. Alright?

lol but the Spurs haven't ruled out to signing Ime to a 10 day contract. What happens if they resign him?

WeNeedLength
01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
lol but the Spurs haven't ruled out to signing Ime to a 10 day contract. What happens if they resign him?

Oh dear god I did not know this. My bad. We live in very scary, edge-of-our-seat times here at Spurstalk...

JR3
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
waiting with anticipation....

ChuckD
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM

I'm not 100% sure, and chime in if you know, but I seem to remember that you can only sign a player to two 10 day contracts. That would mean that the maximum we would have to bear is slightly less than 3 weeks of Ime before they would have to move on to someone else.

Ice009
01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not 100% sure, and chime in if you know, but I seem to remember that you can only sign a player to two 10 day contracts. That would mean that the maximum we would have to bear is slightly less than 3 weeks of Ime before they would have to move on to someone else.

I asked that same question in another thread. I think it's two 10 day contracts and then you'd have to either sign the player for the rest of the season or release them.

Does that sound right?

ChuckD
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I asked that same question in another thread. I think it's two 10 day contracts and then you'd have to either sign the player for the rest of the season or release them.

Does that sound right?

Yeah, and if they were going to let his contract guarantee, I think they would have done so already. My guess is that if they decide to sign him, it will only be for two ten day contracts.

Who knows? They may go after someone else entirely.

Darkwaters
01-09-2011, 02:22 AM

Well Vaughn always worked well for most people. And he is still here as an Asst Coach afterall. Just sayin'.

01-09-2011, 02:40 AM
maybe they'll bring back michael finley.