PDA

View Full Version : Where was McDyess in the fourth?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Horrible lineups Pop put out there in the fourth.

You put Bonner in a crunch time situation when he can't shoot in the fourth quarter or defend?

We had a shot at this game but that was some terrible coaching to close out the game.

McDyess would've been a perfect matchup against the Celtics, no question.

Creation88
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
bonner was a decoy out there. absolutely terrible.

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
McDyess' playing time has been strange all season..

Pop will leave him on the bench for the entire 1st half in some games, only for him to play a large part of the 2nd..sometimes he doesn't play at all..sometimes he'll play really well, but you won't see him again for stretches..

I guess Pop is trying to establish a rotation with the bigs, while trying to rest Dice..I don't know, but he's obviously better than the other options..

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
He did play the last 7 seconds.

Hooks
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Bonner lost us the game, dude was getting scored on CONSTANTLY. Fucken garbage ass bitch!

Warlord23
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Because in Pop's mind, Bonner is our best option in terms of:
1. Able to secure one motherfucking rebound over Marquis Daniels
2. Able to stay within 5 feet of Big Baby Davis

This was the perfect game for Dice to do what Bonner cannot. Box out, defend and hit mid range shots. But hey, the man has 4 rings.

Spursfanfromafar
01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
More than Bonner, it was George Hill who was the culprit tonight. Dude got disoriented running around screens and never got flowing at all. And in the end, his defense sucked when it mattered most as well. Well, the Spurs get a dose of reality about their weaknesses now and hopefully (because it is only January), they can iron some of those creases out in the near future.

Spurs Brazil
01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Bonner was awful yesterday and today. Pathetic defense effort but he wasn't alone

Ice009
01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Where do you think he was? He was glued to the bench.

Matt Bonner needs to be traded. His shooting is NOT needed on this team.

angelbelow
01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
So is Pop actually saving Dice for big games/playoffs or...

objective
01-05-2011, 10:08 PM

yes, saving him with DNP-Splitter.

ace3g
01-05-2011, 10:21 PM
what about where was Splitter? I know he still needs a lot of work, but it isn't like he was hurting the team when he was getting minutes during the Spurs two 10+ game win streaks.

See what he could do in the PnR.

4>0rings
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
He was wide open near the basket waiting for Gino to pass it... in the 4th.

NRHector
01-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Where was Ime? oh wait

Mugen
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Bonner has proved his clutchness time and time again the last couples of years. How dare you question Pop...

Sean Cagney
01-05-2011, 10:27 PM
What diff does that make, the whole game we played like shit, manu turning the ball over, we cant defend the 3pt line at all, cant figure out you need to go over the top of screens not under them.

Piss poor coaching the last 2 games. Pops giving Bonner way to much PT.

I knew when he resigned that piece of shyt he would continue to get PT here :( A LOT OF IT TOO! I just wish we could have gotten rid of him when we could have, but no he has to come back.

Same thing, but he spreads the floor and is shooting % this or that early on so some forget the past and think things will change! Nope, he is the choker and even worse in the playoffs when it counts to say the least. He has no heart.

Sean Cagney
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM

Naw, that clown Bonner will be out there alot again as well. The only time they had that bum and won something was when he was on the bench in 07, he didn't get mins in those playoffs and title! GO FIGURE!

Doctor J
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
McDyess not in the clutch situation in the 4th... that's the mystery of the night.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
McDyess not in the clutch situation in the 4th... that's the mystery of the night.
Although they could've tied it at the end if Manu would've passed it.

polandprzem
01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
WTF you haven't seen Dyess while watching the game?

He was sitting on a bench most of the time and was playing at the end of a game :shootme

200 miles
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Naw, that clown Bonner will be out there alot again as well. The only time they had that bum and won something was when he was on the bench in 07, he didn't get mins in those playoffs and title! GO FIGURE!

where's borosai to see this?

Dex
01-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Where was Dice? He was rolling to the basket for a wide-open, game-tying layup.

Manu was just too busy playing Kobe and shooting a contested, step-back, off-balance, long-two over a double team to notice.

DMC
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL @ all the crying and finger pointing.

It was a team loss. Boston beat us. We almost won. We aren't as good as we think we are.

Dex
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM

It was a team loss. Boston beat us. We almost won. We aren't as good as we think we are.

So what you're trying to say is.....both teams played hard?

ElNono
01-05-2011, 11:43 PM
He was setting a screen for Bonner to get free... :lol

Dice
01-05-2011, 11:45 PM

If we aren't as good as we think then why not play the strongest lineup at the end of games? Might as well loss with the best players playing.

crc21209
01-06-2011, 12:39 AM
I was thinking the same exact thing. I know for damn sure Dice would've defended Big Baby a hell of a lot better than Bonner did...

Hoops Czar
01-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Horrible lineups Pop put out there in the fourth.

You put Bonner in a crunch time situation when he can't shoot in the fourth quarter or defend?

We had a shot at this game but that was some terrible coaching to close out the game.

McDyess would've been a perfect matchup against the Celtics, no question.

Its funny how you neglected to start one of these threads on a night we won a game with Dice riding the bench and Bonner strutting the perimeter. I guess when it's a loss, that must mean its time to start bashing Pop again. NEWSFLASH...Pop hasn't changed his lineups around. The Spurs are playing better teams on the road.

TD 21
01-06-2011, 02:12 AM
McDyess' playing time has been strange all season..

Pop will leave him on the bench for the entire 1st half in some games, only for him to play a large part of the 2nd..sometimes he doesn't play at all..sometimes he'll play really well, but you won't see him again for stretches..

I guess Pop is trying to establish a rotation with the bigs, while trying to rest Dice..I don't know, but he's obviously better than the other options..

The "resting him" excuse doesn't fly. He's played extremely limited minutes for weeks now. Some games, he doesn't play at all. It's not like he can't ever play 20-25 or, on the odd occasion, 25-30 minutes in a game.

The entire rotation tonight was atrocious. 33 and change for Parker and Ginobili? 31 and change for Duncan and Jefferson? 14 and change for McDyess? I don't get it. This was a big game. The gap between their records could have been 3. Seeing as how this is a potential Finals preview, this was an important game. While the Celtics and Mavs are banged up and the Lakers are trying to get their shit together, the Spurs should be going all out to keep the gap between them and those teams as wide as possible.

Pop's incessant complaining about the defense shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. If he cared as much as he's trying to convince everyone he does, he'd be playing better defensive personnel. What the fuck is he doing playing Duncan 31 and change, McDyess 14 and change and Splitter 0 minutes against the Celtics (I know their starting bigs were out, but still)? He honestly thought that small ball was going to win the day (I'm including Bonner in small ball)? Unbelievable.

SenorSpur
01-06-2011, 02:16 AM
I guess Pop is saving his secret weapon, Splitter, for next season.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Pop's incessant complaining about the defense shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. If he cared as much as he's trying to convince everyone he does, he'd be playing better defensive personnel. What the fuck is he doing playing Duncan 31 and change, McDyess 14 and change and Splitter 0 minutes against the Celtics (I know their starting bigs were out, but still)? He honestly thought that small ball was going to win the day (I'm including Bonner in small ball)? Unbelievable.

Are you blind? Splitter deserves 0 minutes because he's playing like a scrub. Bringing Splitt's in isn't going to better the Spurs defense. You can't play good defense when your constantly lying on your back.

TD 21
01-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Are you? Splitter is no worse than the third best big defender on the team. Here this coach is ranting and raving about defense, then playing lineups that feature little to no size and virtually no rim protection when Duncan is out.

I don't give a shit how hard these guys try, you can't play poor defensive lineups and expect good defense out of them. That would be like expecting the Spurs teams from a few seasons ago to average 100+. They didn't have the personnel for it. It's a minor miracle they're top ten in defensive efficiency given their personnel and the rotation they've deployed.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
To be honest, I understand Splitter not getting minutes, but it just kills me when Pop plays dumb fuck lineups.

I'm also worried that this team is just too poor defensively to even make it to the WCF. If they can't become a top 5 defensive team (And I'm thinking their peak would be #5 in that category) then they just aren't going to go very far with the gimmick offense.

I hope they make a trade this February for a shot blocker, and hopefully sign a decent defender for the 3 spot. I'm sure Anderson coming back will help, but I'm worried that the team just doesn't have the right make up to become a well above average defensive club.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 02:29 AM
You guys are melting down over some meaningless games.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Are you? Splitter is no worse than the third best big defender on the team. Here this coach is ranting and raving about defense, then playing lineups that feature little to no size and virtually no rim protection when Duncan is out.

I don't give a shit how hard these guys try, you can't play poor defensive lineups and expect good defense out of them. That would be like expecting the Spurs teams from a few seasons ago to average 100+. They didn't have the personnel for it. It's a minor miracle they're top ten in defensive efficiency given their personnel and the rotation they've deployed.

Its funny you say that because they only have three bigs on the team. Bonner and Blair don't qualify as bigs. You don't need to deploy three bigs to beat a wounded duck in the Celtics. Jermaine is pure garbage and O'Neill is a washed up has been. Splitter doesn't rebound or block shots. He's just eating up court space.

The old Spurs could easily score 100+ points. The problem is they utilized a half court offense. When they played a team who liked to run and gun, they'd scored 100 points with ease.

TE
01-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Tonight, individual defense was horrendous. It all started with Hill playing matador defense, followed by Bonner's shit. Individually, they have to play well or at least play competitive defense. I'm tired of seeing Bonner get scored on like a bitch. Try stealing the ball, block a damn shot, get a foul called on you, show like if you give a fuck on defense and are not a big pussy. Come on Bonner and Hill!!!!!

polandprzem
01-06-2011, 04:52 AM
http://www.humorpage.pl/obrazki/a/257_agent_fbi_spi_lawka_pijak_zul.jpg

rmt
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Its funny you say that because they only have three bigs on the team. Bonner and Blair don't qualify as bigs. You don't need to deploy three bigs to beat a wounded duck in the Celtics. Jermaine is pure garbage and O'Neill is a washed up has been. Splitter doesn't rebound or block shots. He's just eating up court space.

The old Spurs could easily score 100+ points. The problem is they utilized a half court offense. When they played a team who liked to run and gun, they'd scored 100 points with ease.

Did you see how many times Davis backed down Bonner - he couldn't do that to Splitter. Even if Splitter contributes less on offense than Bonner (who was covered well in the 2nd half), Davis would have scored less. To me, it's more acceptable for Allen and Pierce to go off than Davis who shot 10-18 for 23 points.

Popovich can complain all he wants about the defense (disgusting at 61.3%) but he needs to put the personnel out there to do it. The little offense Bonner brings compared to the black hole he is on defense is not worth it. We all know that Bonner chokes in the playoffs and this high-scoring, regular season 3 point shooting is not going to cut it in the playoffs - defense will. Heaven knows what KG and Perkins are going to do against Bonner if he's getting schooled like that by Davis.

sa_butta
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
He did play the last 7 seconds.
could have tied the game had Manu seen him wide open in the paint...