PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight For the Troops 2

ace3g
01-06-2011, 01:09 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Ufc_fight_for_the_troops_2_poster.jpg

Main card

Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham
Heavyweight bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. George Roop
Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary card

Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Yves Edwards
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Guymon
Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya
Lightweight bout: Waylon Lowe vs. Williamy Freire
Welterweight bout: Charlie Brenneman vs. Amilcar Alves
Bantamweight bout: Will Campuzano vs. Chris Cariaso

* Featherweight bout: Chan Sung Jung vs. Rani Yahya was changed to Mike Brown vs Rani Yahya after Jung was injured

Stringer_Bell
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
- I don't see why Melvin is getting headline fights, what do they think he's going to do after being lackluster his last few fights? Dunham by vicious beatdown.
- Meathead wins this one all day.
- Hominick will push the pace while avoiding getting his head kicked off like Korean Zombie did.
- Tough fight to call, I like Barry but Beltran is a mean dude. (updated!)
- Should be a great fight, Cole wins the decision and fights Cerrone next.

The TroutBum
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham -- The Young Assassin by a mile. Jackson has turned him into one of the baddest dudes on the planet.
Heavyweight bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague -- Agreed w/ Stringer, Meathead has this.
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. George Roop -- I love Hominick, bur Roop is on a rampage.
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Yves Edwards -- I'm just riding this train until it derails. WAR MCKENZIETINE!
Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya -- Yahya's standup is awful. Always has been, always will be. Even if he can get Brown down, I just don't think he's strong enough to keep him there. Brown with a vicious 1st round KO. Book that shit. Brown is a main card fighter, this prelim shit is disgusting.

cornbread
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Evan Dunham
Matt Mitrione
Pat Barry
Cole Miller
Mike Brown

dbreiden83080
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Nice little event to kick off the new season..

Main card

Melvin has been reinvigorated since going to Team Jackson..

Meat-head been's looking good since TUF..

ace3g
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Main card

desflood
01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Main card

Preliminary card

I can't dredge up any enthusiasm for this card. My intense (possibly unwarranted) dislike of Melvin Guillard coupled with my disgust at seeing Mike Brown relegated to the undercard once again leaves me apathetic at best. It'll be nice to see Pat Barry fight (he's always good for a laugh), but that's about it.

dbreiden83080
01-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Main card

Preliminary card

I can't dredge up any enthusiasm for this card. My intense (possibly unwarranted) dislike of Melvin Guillard coupled with my disgust at seeing Mike Brown relegated to the undercard once again leaves me apathetic at best. It'll be nice to see Pat Barry fight (he's always good for a laugh), but that's about it.

Well at least it's free Dessie..:toast

polandprzem
01-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Main card

cornbread
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I can't dredge up any enthusiasm for this card.

I feel the same way. Although Miller and Wyman seems like a potential fight of the night.

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Guillard
Mitrione
Roop
Beltran
Miller

Brown

Rip-Hamilton32
01-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Evan Dunham
Matt Mitrione
Mark Hominick
Pat Barry
Cole Miller

desflood
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Weigh-in video is up.

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-fight-for-the-troops-2-weigh-in-video-dunham-vs-guillard

dbreiden83080
01-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Sat morning cartoons are over

He must be bored..

ace3g
01-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Starting at 7 pm ET/4 pm PT, click the 'free prelims' tab on facebook page to see Waylon Lowe vs. Willamy Freire and Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya in addition to DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Guymon and Cody McKenzie vs. Yves Edwards.

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-22-2011, 09:02 PM
iiiiiits time

dbreiden83080
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Well Miller looked like shit

There goes that pick..

dbreiden83080
01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Jesus Pat

Let your strikes go..

desflood
01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
I've been hitting the vodka for a few hours, but will try to keep it short and on a somewhat straight line:

Mike Brown, what the hell happened? You were on top of the world until you and whoever-she-was broke up last year. What did she do, suck out your soul and take it with her?

I admit it, I underestimated Wiman. And Mitrione. And Guillard (but I still hate him).

On the opposite end, I still love Pat Barry, even if he is completely lacking in the killer instinct necessary to become an elite fighter and eats like a college freshman. Look at that boy's stomach and tell me he doesn't like pizza and hot pockets.

Stringer_Bell
01-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, it's nice to see Melvin put up that kind of a fight. Never did I think Evan would get outworked like that, but credit is where credit is due. If he wants to fight like that, give him to Kenny next.

If he doesn't need hand surgery, Meathead needs to fight Kongo (if he's not already fighting Carwin next) or the CroCop/Schaub winner. He looked like Cruz out there dancing on his toes, good stuff.

Hominick went above and beyond what was expected for a "shot at the title" fight. He earned it and that's going to be a fun fight with Aldo.

Pat Barry has "pulling the trigger" issues, he needs to get that fixed if he wants to stay at Heavyweight because without that aggression his size won't get him anywhere.

Stringer_Bell
01-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Des, I concur about Mike Brown even if you are drunk. He hasn't looked the same since that night he fought Manny Gam - which was around when that chick left him and took his soul with her. I hoped he'd find regufe in the cage, but he might be on his way out now.

desflood
01-23-2011, 12:38 AM
I wonder which judge actually gave Cole Miller a round...

The TroutBum
01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Wow, what a great fucking card. Let me count the ways... Handsome Matt, I love you. Roop, feel free to eat a cheeseburger, you skinny meth-head bitch. Meathead, you're going to get KILLED if you ever get to fight a legit heavyweight. Melvin, how you're not getting a title shot is beyond me. (Kenny Florian? Really? Has that guy ever not been an injured bitch-ass trick? Gods, I hate him.) Pat Berry, you're the Jon Fitch of the Heavyweights: pretty damn good, but boring as fuck to watch. Feel free to not be a timid little poo-stabber. Mexicutioner, not only do you have the best ring name ever, but you've got some serious heart. If not for Barry being such a faggot tool, you would've won FotN. McKenzie... I don't know what to say man. I thought you wouldn't win a single fight on TUF, then I thought you wouldn't win your first UFC fight, and then I thought you were FUCKED in the second round; but you never quit, and you ALMOST pulled it out of your ass. Seriously, if Cody were in Jackson's camp, you'd see some legit fights out of that kid. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut fairly soon, but I think the heart he showed in this fight will earn him another fight.

Mike Brown... /sigh.

Anyhow, only 2 out of 5 of my guys won, but I enjoyed this night of fights much more than the last few PPV's. I love to see guys that are hungry, not shit head wooget discharge like Josh Koscheck (or any of the herpes from A.K.A. for that matter) who have entitlement issues and are only on the main cards for acting like punk ass scrot's.

There, I'm done. I used some bold and some underlining to make my post seem a little more more exotic. Boo ya.

CubanSucks
01-23-2011, 03:21 AM
I've been a Meathead fan since TUF, even when everyone in here was hatin on the guy.

dbreiden83080
01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Meat-head looking really good..

Barry has lots of talent but no killer instict whatsoever..

Melvin is looking like a top flight contender..

strosFan2
01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Melvin looks almost 100% better now that he is under the Jackson camp.

desflood
01-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Mike Brown requires surgery post-fight;
http://mmaweekly.com/mike-brown-needs-surgery-for-ufc-fight-for-the-troops-2-injury

Mike Guymon retires post-fight;
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22213/ufcs-mike-guymon-at-peace-with-retirement-nursing-rib-and-back-injuries.mma

Desflood is once again sober post-fight;
Rewatching Pat Barry's earlier fights in the UFC, even going back to some of his old kickboxing matches, has led me to a different belief than I expressed before: Lack of killer instinct is NOT this man's problem. He's kicked or punched many opponents into oblivion without batting an eye. The real issue is that he needs to find a better camp; one that will not only push his cardio and mat skills but also feed him better game plans. He needs to go to Jackson's.