PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY thing I'm going to complain about tonight...

8FOR!3
01-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Are the fucking Boston announcers.

I swear if I ever am forced to watch another motherfucking God forsaken Boston home game again in my life, the TV is going to be on mute.

I can't believe I didn't turn off the television halfway through the game I hated them so much.

Did anyone announce have a similar experience with the announcers?

Fuck :lol

jsandiego
01-06-2011, 01:25 AM

I swear if I ever am forced to watch another motherfucking God forsaken Boston home game again in my life, the TV is going to be on mute.

I can't believe I didn't turn off the television halfway through the game I hated them so much.

+1
They are an abomination to the sport. What they do isn't even honerism. It's just plain awful commentary.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
+1
They are an abomination to the sport. What they do isn't even honerism. It's just plain awful commentary.

Have you heard Sean Elliott sound off?

8FOR!3
01-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't think you guys understand.

Like I really wanted to kill somebody.

Dex
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Absolutely terrible.

And it's not so much in the content, but in the delivery. They whine over the air like the biggest homers I have ever heard.

"Aww, he WALKED!"

"I'm getting fed up with these ticky tack fouls"

"Now I'm really getting perturbed!"

"Celtics haven't gotten one of those all night!" :cry

At least Sean manages to stay slightly objective in his homerism, if there is such a thing.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Fuck caring about those announcers.

Their calls had absolutely no effect on the plays in the game, and as the game progressed they actually made me laugh. So its whatever. Let them be. They are on an entirely different timeline than us. Let them be.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 02:07 AM
I don't think you guys understand.

Like I really wanted to kill somebody.

Would it be someone you know, or just a random person?

admiralsnackbar
01-06-2011, 02:09 AM
I gotta admit I LOLd a little when they said something to the effect of "Nobody guards Manu better than Ray Allen!"

It was more like sitting next to a couple of none-too-bright old-timers bullshitting at a game and sneaking pulls of a flask a few times too many.

8FOR!3
01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
I gotta admit I LOLd a little when they said something to the effect of "Nobody guards Manu better than Ray Allen!"

It was more like sitting next to a couple of none-too-bright old-timers bullshitting at a game and sneaking pulls of a flask a few times too many.

It was like watching a boxing Pay-Per-View. Fucking old people. :lol

Would it be someone you know, or just a random person?

Completely random. I watched the movie Machete half before the game and half after, it was great timing and fit in very well with the game and all...

SplitterHook
01-06-2011, 02:37 AM
this year I watched celtics vs. raptors on that broadcast and celtics was using its scrubs againts raptors scrubs and one of the two idiots spent 2m18s ( I counted) complaining about a call. Celtics was winning by 20+ points btw.

Yes. Preseason, winning by 20+ points, scrubs vs. scrubs.

I can only imagine how much he whines during playoff games. Also: apparently he doesn't know much about basketball. He never talks about the game. His job is to whine.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM
this year I watched celtics vs. raptors on that broadcast and celtics was using its scrubs againts raptors scrubs and one of the two idiots spent 2m18s ( I counted) complaining about a call. Celtics was winning by 20+ points btw.

Hey Coltrane, can we get that in English next time?

Thanks.

Waps1980
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM
This is the first time I've have league pass International.
Those guys were the most one sided I've heard all season by a long way.
Absolute disgrace to the game.

Booharv
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Elliott might be as bad as Heinsohn, but Tommy is a complete homer. Funny thing is if you watch old NBA games, Heinsohn called some of the Finals like 1984 Boston versus LA and was completely neutral. Unbelievable, but true.

phyzik
01-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Have you heard Sean Elliott sound off?

Sean is a homer, no doubt, but if its an obvious call, or even sometimes a questionable call, that goes against the Spurs... he will call it and then go into homer mode saying he's glad it went the Spurs way and laugh about it.

The Boston crew? :lmao

Slippy
01-06-2011, 04:26 AM
This is the first time I've have league pass International.
Those guys were the most one sided I've heard all season by a long way.
Absolute disgrace to the game.

Yan im kind of in the same boat. Had ILP since last season's play-offs and these two win hands down for the most one-side biased commentary i've heard so far. i understand you've got to show certain amout of favour to the hometeam but you gotta get the balance right. The special comments guy just went overboard with the homerism and to be fair to the other guy , he remained mostly non-commital in response.

What i can't stand was obvious fouls on the Spurs became not so obvious if they showed a different angles on replay. To my dismay they jumped on this seemingly forgetting what we clearly saw the first time.

TE
01-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Sean ain't that bad, these guys are completely idiots.

The homerism is contagious in that team, not only the announcers but the players and coaches from Boston are cry babies.

Every time I see a Boston game, the one thing I always see is Doc Rivers bitching like it's a life and death situation...

polandprzem
01-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Tom always been this way

Celtics never foul the the whole game and the opponents do

endrity
01-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Yeah they're awful, fans of all teams will agree on this. Them and the Rockets announcers are the ones I remember as being extremely biased.

polandprzem
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM
You mean Clyde Drexler?

Texas_Ranger
01-06-2011, 05:24 AM
They are so bad.

Yorae
01-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Well not as bad as the no call on the travel on daniels........so bad....

temujin
01-06-2011, 06:30 AM
You mean Clyde Drexler?

He's drunk most the time.
I think the other guy even alluded to it in one game.

But a drunk Drexler is still much much better that the Two Idiots From Boston.

It's called "fanatic announcing".

I only watch Boston on the road, as these two are an insult to the game.

greyforest
01-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Sean is a homer, no doubt, but if its an obvious call, or even sometimes a questionable call, that goes against the Spurs... he will call it and then go into homer mode saying he's glad it went the Spurs way and laugh about it.

spurs goggles baby

KaiRMD1
01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I found them to be absolutely hilarious. Sure their homers but man when that one guy gets pissed, I'm on the floor laughing my ass off. Did you guys hear them when Garnett got ejected that time against the Knicks. "This is STUPID!"

dougp
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I haven't heard a Celtics game in awhile, but no one can be worse than Clyde Drexler and his douche counterpart here in Houston.

8FOR!3
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Sean ain't that bad, these guys are completely idiots.

The homerism is contagious in that team, not only the announcers but the players and coaches from Boston are cry babies.

Every time I see a Boston game, the one thing I always see is Doc Rivers bitching like it's a life and death situation...

That's something I noticed as well. Surprised Doc didn't get hit with a technical last night.

G-Nob
01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
They're paid to be that way.

howbouthemspurs
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah I saw them on League pass too. These guys seemed like they didnt know anything about the sport! And they were ragging on Ginobili the whole time! Or at least till the end when Manu almost stole the game from the Celts all by himself! I really thought one of the guys was going to go out on the floor and lick Tim Duncan's nuts as well!

dbestpro
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
This is an ongoing problem with NBA-TV. When they use the home announcers, and it does not matter what game you watch, you are cornered by a homer bitch session.

They really need to tell the home voices to chill when they are on NBA-TV.

Fpoonsie
01-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Just for ol' time's sake...

EjU3nvru9wA

BlairForceDejuan
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
You guys are lucky you get to listen to opponent announcers. I would love to have the opportunity. If you are objective about your own team, you can appreciate an opponent announcer actually knowing something about your team. Joy and entertainment can come from listening to ignorant haters.

Take for example, the gif in my sig. The Knicks announcers sounded like complete 5 year olds, "If Turiaf is going to get T'd up, Dejuan Blair should as well!" They are grown ass men. Laugh at them.

8FOR!3
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
You guys are lucky you get to listen to opponent announcers. I would love to have the opportunity. If you are objective about your own team, you can appreciate an opponent announcer actually knowing something about your team. Joy and entertainment can come from listening to ignorant haters.

Take for example, the gif in my sig. The Knicks announcers sounded like complete 5 year olds, "If Turiaf is going to get T'd up, Dejuan Blair should as well!" They are grown ass men. Laugh at them.

Yeah except they didn't know jack about our team. Like they thought Ginobili sucked and that Ray Allen is still on the same level. And then they thought they were the first people to ever tell us that DeJuan Blair has no knees, we get it. Every five seconds we got to here how we're nowhere close to stopping Ray Allen coming off screens, but then the next play Gary Neal would do the same thing and they would be silent.

And then they got butthurt about Rondo. "SO WHAT IF RONDO ONLY HAS 2 POINTS??? WHO CARES!" It's like, you mad bruh? :lol

Agloco
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM

:lol

ButtHurt Committee
01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Ka7D6RUAXJg&feature

EjU3nvru9wA

TXstbobcat
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Living up here in Minnesota as a Spurs fan, I have ordered NBA league pass for the past five years and unless it is a home broadcast with Sean I just listen to music on my ipod while I watch the game.

birdy219
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
My sister and I were watching and she asked if we could watch the game on mute. (She is the one who never pays attention; so they had to be extra bad for her to comment.) At first, I was :bang at their commentary, then it was :lol because Tommy was beyond a homer. I offered him and the celtics :whine

Anyway, I was far more angrier over this lost than the last one. :flag:

johnnySpurs
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM

When I saw this thread, I was going to post the exact same thing. I turned the volume down after a while and listened to music.

spurtech09
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
you can always mute your tv

temujin
01-06-2011, 03:49 PM

That won't prevent them to get payed.

We are paying the commentary as well.

Cessation
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Tommy is a dumbass, and yes, he's beyond homer. I'd say this is the worst announcing I've ever seen.

DMC
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Nothing unusual about it. Typical Baaastn yankee fucking banter. WOW CHOWDA!... MMM MMM I COULD KILL FA SAM CHOWDA!

Although I do like the Celtics.

DMC
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Learn to read fucktard. He said he would next time.

DMC
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Ka7D6RUAXJg&feature

EjU3nvru9wA
Announcers pics

http://gallery.allinthefamilysit.com/albums/userpics/epis_stills/thumb_Judging%20Books%20By%20Covers-04.jpeg

SenorSpur
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Heinsohn is a broadcasting moron. He provided absolutely no insight on the game. All he does is root for the home team. He's totally clueless on the opposition. According to his homerism, every call should go for he home team, otherwise, it's an awful call.

jsandiego
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
On another note, the BEST opposing teams announcers, by a mile, have to be the Golden State Warriors broadcast team -- Jim Barnett and Bob Fitzgerald. Very knowledgeable, love their team, but are very realistic about their team's talent and have much love for the SPURS.

UnWantedTheory
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
The only thing I will complain about is the 2 L's in a row.

But to add what has already been said, yes the Boston announcers are terrible homers & very irritating. Watch the Boston home games on mute is my advice.

DMC
01-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I watch on Fox Sports Southwest. Bill Land and (normally) Sean Elliott.

Malik Rose is no fucking picnic either. He goes on and on... forever. He gets confused about who's doing the play by play. He steps on Bill Land all the time, and say's "sorry" then keeps talking. He's basically making one point last the entire game. Then he misuses big words, and sounds just like Walt Frazier.

KaiRMD1
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I'll take Tommy Heinsohn any day, he's too funny. "This is ridiculous!" I miss the days when Boston sucked, he must've been close to a heart attack every game.

Frenzy
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Never heard any till the ones you guys posted. Wow I'm glad I haven't been tortured.

Cessation
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Tommy sounds butthurt.