PDA

View Full Version : Manu hit the railing after losing to Boston

Rapper
01-06-2011, 03:16 AM
which means Manu was extremely angry, so was I

XKcD1hGrmqo

G-Dawgg
01-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Back to reality for us Spurs fans...It was a nice hot-streak while it lasted, but it looks like we're cooling off.....

iManu
01-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Nah, I think we're just about to heat up for a stint going into the break.

4>0rings
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
He knows he dun goofed.

phyzik
01-06-2011, 03:39 AM
As brilliant as Manu was in the 4th he knows he screwed up that last play....

I feel sorry for the Timberwolves, Manu is gonna take it out on them.....

TE
01-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Manu knows he could've made a better decision. It happens, it's basketball. He's a fiery passionate competitor, and will redeem himself these next couple of games.

I feel sorry for these next 5-10 opponents, manu will go on a rampage.

Crickets
01-06-2011, 04:36 AM
pathetic fucks

losing to the celtics without garnett and perkins???

only the sham anphonio spurts!

Crickets
01-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Manu knows he could've made a better decision. It happens, it's basketball. He's a fiery passionate competitor, and will redeem himself these next couple of games.

I feel sorry for these next 5-10 opponents, manu will go on a rampage.

:lol :rollin :lmao

TE
01-06-2011, 04:40 AM
:lol :rollin :lmao

:frying:

carina_gino20
01-06-2011, 04:51 AM
For a guy who has one of the best court vision on this team, he's understandably frustrated.

sa_butta
01-06-2011, 07:54 AM

We play the Pacers Friday and the T-pups Sunday...

KaiRMD1
01-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm actually glad to see Manu pissed. He punched the crap out of that railing which could only mean one thing

Bender
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I saw it on TV, but I was watching manu the whole play. in the video I see that Dice was pretty much all alone, for an almost guaranteed 2 pts... like was said in the other thread. oh well.

I saw manu slam the railing too.

Texas_Ranger
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
lol, he scared that girl. :D

Ocotillo
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm actually glad to see Manu pissed. He punched the crap out of that railing which could only mean one thing

He has a hairline fracture in his hand?

Brazil
01-06-2011, 09:33 AM

I'm not mad at Manu for his last play, in that context he usually takes more good decisions than bad ones so it's part of the game. Now I'm mad at Manu for two evitable TOs and two poor defenses on Rondo between and after his back to back 3s in the fourth.

Anyway we have had a lot of more good Manu than bad Manu this year, so I won't complain too much.

I really hope these two losses will be beneficial for the long term.

arles
01-06-2011, 09:48 AM
That girld did NOT see that one coming XD

Muser
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
So he should be, that was a terrible decision.

TwelveGs210
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
which means Manu was extremely angry, so was I

XKcD1hGrmqo Is that what that means? I guess the Chinese ARE smarter than us foolish Americans.

SenorSpur
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
He should be upset because he screwed up the final shot. I just hope he didn't hurt his hand.

TwelveGs210
01-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Crickets, I really dont understand the logic of your troll attempts compared to Mavs, and Laker trolls.. I mean, I see why they troll because they know they are scared of facing the Spurs in the playoffs, it's the deep down dread, and intimidation factor. But in your case your supposed to be a Heat fan, which means you have no reason to even FEAR the Spurs, as you will not be getting out of the East yourselves anyways. The Celtics are deeper, AND better than the HEAT overall, not to mention Orlando looks to be much improved after the trade. I don't see why you have targeted the Spurs.

arles
01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
http://img28.mediafire.com/bd87b6ea552b067f122457e326df07ea8e95f375d96dbf382b 7f0ecbd76cfb095g.jpg

u4lakers14
01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
you gotta love a guy that hates losing that bad.

there are far too few players that hate losing as much as that.

where is an excercise bike when you need one?

Bito Corleone
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Back to reality for us Spurs fans...It was a nice hot-streak while it lasted, but it looks like we're cooling off.....

It was only 2 games. Spurs are still on a 68-win pace...not saying we'll get there, but "cooling off" still wouldn't be a term I'd use. It would be nice to see some defense though...

dbestpro
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
There were two problems with that last play. Everybody in the building knew Manu was going to try and shoot a three because Pop did not want to go overtime in the second game of the back to back.

The pick and roll with Dice went well (for a tie) as two Celtics stayed with Manu while a wide open Dice rolled to the hoop. The problem occured when Duncan headed towards the basket with Dice bringing his defender into the passing lane and leaving Manu in no man's land.

It was actually Duncan who blew up that last play.

silverblackfan
01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Finally got to see the 4th quarter this morning. Although it was a loss, it was a very entertaining game for early January. It seemed to me that Boston, like NY the night before were really shooting well. Sure the Spurs are needing defensive improvement, but being right in the game at the MSG on a back-to-back, I can live with this. Boston's record implies that they will defend their home court.
Although Indiana was pretty hot against the Spurs last time, I do agree that Manu is opening a can of whoop-azz on them.

urunobili
01-06-2011, 10:52 AM

:lol

polandprzem
01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't know why Tim did not pass the ball at first ?
Manu would have been in better situation with Dice coming up with the screen and Manu going left.

Tahy wanted to force 3 pointer and that cost as well

spurtech09
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
that was pretty intense....wish other spurs players had the same passion manu has

rasho8
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Crickets, I really dont understand the logic of your troll attempts compared to Mavs, and Laker trolls.. I mean, I see why they troll because they know they are scared of facing the Spurs in the playoffs, it's the deep down dread, and intimidation factor. But in your case your supposed to be a Heat fan, which means you have no reason to even FEAR the Spurs, as you will not be getting out of the East yourselves anyways. The Celtics are deeper, AND better than the HEAT overall, not to mention Orlando looks to be much improved after the trade. I don't see why you have targeted the Spurs.

Well if its Louis he really is a Rockets fan. He just bandwagons any team that could maybe possibly beat the Spurs in any given year.

crc21209
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Good. I'm glad that he was pissed. Shows that he actually cares and has the fire in him to win...:tu

TampaDude
01-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Good. I'm glad that he was pissed. Shows that he actually cares and has the fire in him to win...:tu

Yup...if he wasn't pissed off, I'd be worried. :toast

Cessation
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Even the 72 win bulls team lost two in a row that season.

HankChinaski
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM
We lost by 2 points. While a Boston team shot at an unreal clip from the perimeter at 61%.

They had to play a game hitting 61% to beat us. That says a lot about our team to be honest. And Ray Allen isn't going to be producing like that every single game. 13-16 FGM.

DMC
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Fuck that play and fuck Manu in the mouth. He was shit on defense the entire game and he somehow thinks that last play was that important? Why wasn't he that fired up on the other end for the first 47 minutes?

Hell, if we are going to be Captain Hindsights, without Pop's technical, the Spurs were down by 1 and could have won with an inside bucket.

DMC
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
We lost by 2 points. While a Boston team shot at an unreal clip from the perimeter at 61%.

They had to play a game hitting 61% to beat us. That says a lot about our team to be honest. And Ray Allen isn't going to be producing like that every single game. 13-16 FGM.
We seem to be saying that about every team....

These NBA guys... funny how good the shoot when no one is on them. You would think they've done it before.

HankChinaski
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Well, I don't expect teams to shoot that efficiently in a playoff series. one or two games maybe. I'm just saying some of it has to do with players just simply being on fire. I mean I saw Amare make some really ridiculous shots on us the other night that had me shaking my head.

Paul Pierce was stroking down J's where he had RJ up in his grill contesting the shots.

Yeah yeah yeah, i know they professional NBA players but I don't see this kind of play from players game to game to game.

With the backcourt playing the passing lanes and the rotations on D we are going to have issues with lineups that can stretch out the floor with guards and wings and the occassional stretch 4 forward.

wunderkindepiphany
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
that shit was hilarious. the girl was freaked out. I like that fire. He takes it personally when his team isnt doing well and he wants to be a leader. Its been a tough stretch of games, the rest and relief will be good for the Spurs record and psyche. These two losses could be good for us.

Kool Bob Love
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
He knows he dun goofed.

:bang

DMC
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Hello? I suppose the BNSFs here don't realize that the fucking game is 48 minutes long. Some of you seem to think it's only the last 2 minutes that count, because the large majority of the talk here is about the end of the game.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
It's a two game losing streak.....

WeNeedLength
01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Hello? I suppose the BNSFs here don't realize that the fucking game is 48 minutes long. Some of you seem to think it's only the last 2 minutes that count, because the large majority of the talk here is about the end of the game.

It was the last play of the game. Meaning: Ok, now the game is over. There is nothing more I can possibly try to do to win the game. When the fuck is he suppose to let go and show his emotions? In the 3rd quarter when he could get a tech or ejected for it? Come on now, have some damn common sense for a second... :rolleyes

greyforest
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM

where is this gif when you need it?

duncan228
01-06-2011, 08:57 PM
where is this gif when you need it?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/gifs/dirkfit.gif

TwelveGs210
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
We

Lol @ the other thread polling whether or not GNSF's should be allowed to start threads, possibly escalating into a war between the two "factions" of BNSF's vs GNSF's.

4>0rings
01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
We

Lol @ the other thread polling whether or not GNSF's should be allowed to start threads, possibly escalating into a war between the two "factions" of BNSF's vs GNSF's.
Civil war. :(

ducks
01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I saw it on TV, but I was watching manu the whole play. in the video I see that Dice was pretty much all alone, for an almost guaranteed 2 pts... like was said in the other thread. oh well.

I saw manu slam the railing too.

again had tp missed dice
6 trade threads
no trade threads since it was manu

Solid D
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Manu hit the railing after losing to Boston

Technically, it was a somewhat padded table with advertising board on the front, similar to the padded scorers table.

DMC
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
It was the last play of the game. Meaning: Ok, now the game is over. There is nothing more I can possibly try to do to win the game. When the fuck is he suppose to let go and show his emotions? In the 3rd quarter when he could get a tech or ejected for it? Come on now, have some damn common sense for a second... :rolleyes

I am not commenting about him showing his emotions, but about people acting as if that last shot was the game deciding play. Manu played like shit for 3 quarters, and because he went off in the 4th, that last shot was it. It wasn't that first play where Duncan threw the ball away, or the one where Jefferson cut to the basket and Dice threw it out of bounds, or where Manu just kept throwing up crazy looks... or when Blair went all Bonner on us... No, it was the last one.

It's like listening to women talk about cars.

DMC
01-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Civil war. :(
What's so civil about war anyways?

If someone is going to pop off at the cocksucker, they should at least be in order. These ass clowns wouldn't know a basketball if it was surgically removed from their assholes.

Hey though, they gots da leet black name status and love to comment about those who know more than them, because maybe we don't have the cache of lolcats pics at the ready for retorts.

I've watched this team longer than most of these tools have realized they had tools. I will watch them when they are no longer competitive and these motherfuckers are sucking Heat cock, chasing down the elusive Red Name in some thrown together Heat forum.

That is all.

:sleep

mathbzh
01-07-2011, 01:51 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/gifs/dirkfit.gif

That was intense :rollin

BoricuaCJA
01-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Even the 72 win bulls team lost two in a row that season.
True but I hope your not implying we can get that record.
That makes me think, what teams have gone through a whole season without losing two in a row and how did they do in the playoffs?

polandprzem
01-07-2011, 03:14 AM
Dirk came close to choking that bike ! :wow

tp2021
01-07-2011, 05:49 AM
I'd say these back-to-back losses are more helpful to the team itself than any 10+ game win streak, as awesome as they are. They need to be battle-tested for the playoffs, and how can you be tested if you never lose?

Capt Bringdown
01-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Hold on, we were at full strength and they were missing their 2 best bigs, Garnett & Perkins. We failed to make them pay for that, amongst other things.

vanvannen
01-07-2011, 08:06 AM

At this point is fluke to say we lost because the other team shot a high FG%. So NY AND BOS had two consecutive good nights?
Spurs D is atrocious, allowing the oponent to shoot at a high clip. Ray Allen doesn't shoot that well...but he does if he shoots uncontested. Fuck, even Rondo shot well, doesn't that tell you something? He looked like fucking Magic Johnson out there, and he wasn't even at 100%
We can keep saying the other teams had good nights against us, the truth is they do because our defense sucks monkey balls. At times it is painful to watch.

GinobiliForTres
01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
At this point is fluke to say we lost because the other team shot a high FG%. So NY AND BOS had two consecutive good nights?
Spurs D is atrocious, allowing the oponent to shoot at a high clip. Ray Allen doesn't shoot that well...but he does if he shoots uncontested. Fuck, even Rondo shot well, doesn't that tell you something? He looked like fucking Magic Johnson out there, and he wasn't even at 100%
We can keep saying the other teams had good nights against us, the truth is they do because our defense sucks monkey balls. At times it is painful to watch.

If 12, 10, 22 and 6 isn't 100%, i'm scared to see what is.

WalterBenitez
01-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Why didn't pass the ball to Manu early in that play?
Later Manu did a bad move for the result.

Ice009
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM

Exactly. The Spurs defense was DISGUSTING in these last two games. It's even worse that Boston was missing their two best big men.

FUCKING JOKE defense. Spurs need to pick it up, not keep talking about it. PICK IT UP.

spurspokesman
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
This 3x times lol

spurspokesman
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Maybe he thinks the south beach queens will make the finals and they'll face us. Lol.

spurspokesman
01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe he thinks the south beach queens will make the finals and they'll face us. He might be just trying to show his admiration in another way. Trouble expressing his true feelings

Agloco
01-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Yes. If either team did it on consecutive nights then your point is valid. I see your point, and in principle I agree. But it's not solely on the D. Both the Knicks and Boston hit some tough shots as well. Shit happens, move along.

Both games were outliers tbh. Spurs won't usually play D that badly and likewise the Knicks and Celts won't shoot lights out like that either.

Agloco
01-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Hold on, we were at full strength and they were missing their 2 best bigs, Garnett & Perkins. We failed to make them pay for that, amongst other things.

Yeah, but you completely glossed over the fact that Ray Allen won't produce 13-16 FGs each and every game, no matter the defense.

Everyone is riding the D, but 62% is still ungodly........that's also some hot shooting mixed in on the other teams part. Lots of contested jumpers found their way into the basket as well (particularly Pierces shots as I recall).

DMC
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Why didn't pass the ball to Manu early in that play?
Later Manu did a bad move for the result.

Half full/half empty

The Celtics made a better move. Had Manu got that shot off and hit it, same move, we would be talking about how great Manu was in that last quarter.

vanvannen
01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
If 12, 10, 22 and 6 isn't 100%, i'm scared to see what is.

He is still recovering from the ankle injury. I agree though, he had a monster game even considering the Spurs soft D.

WeNeedLength
01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
How many fade-aways did Glen Davis make? Oh that's right, more than 1. How the hell are you suppose to play D on those ridiculous shots? And add in the fact that Ray Allen was going to drain those jumpers no matter who was guarding him because of all the screens they ran. He was on fire unlike any other game this season. I say 55% hot shooting and 45% mediocre defense were reasons for these two losses. Gotta give some credit to that hot shooting.

duncan228
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

Manu’s passion in failure make him even more popular (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/07/manus-emotional-outbursts-show-him-as-human/)
Tim Griffin

...Maybe it’s because of the way he plays. Or it could be because of his personable, approachable attitude that is so rare for athletes these days. But you don’t have to look at his commercials for groceries, auto dealers or high-speed internet service to see how popular he really is.

And that’s why his actions after losses at New York and Boston resonate so deeply with Spurs fans. It’s been a topic on the sports talk shows and message boards over the last couple of days. Some fans even written me e-mails about how tough the last two losses have been to experience after a record-breaking start to the season.

Ginobili mirrored that attitude Tuesday night in New York when he angrily slammed a towel on the bench when Gregg Popovich pulled his starters near the end of San Antonio’s loss to the Knicks. His coach was conceding the game a little early for Ginobili’s taste and he didn’t like experiencing it.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/07/manus-emotional-outbursts-show-him-as-human/

Solid D
01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
How many fade-aways did Glen Davis make? Oh that's right, more than 1. How the **** are you suppose to play D on those ridiculous shots? And add in the fact that Ray Allen was going to drain those jumpers no matter who was guarding him because of all the screens they ran. He was on fire unlike any other game this season. I say 55% hot shooting and 45% mediocre defense were reasons for these two losses. Gotta give some credit to that hot shooting.

I'm right there with you. When their big three scorers score 72 to the Spurs top 3 scorers (60) and shoot at such a high percentage, it's no wonder the Spurs lost, even though the Spurs made 8 more FTs.
Allen 13-16 (81.3%)
Pierce 7-10 (70%)
Big Baby 10-18 (55.6%)

ducks
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
manu was ticked on the bench at the knicks
result was him playing bad late in 4 against knicks