PDA

View Full Version : GOP Pays Off for Traitorous Zell Miller

Nbadan
09-28-2004, 09:15 PM
GOP takes care of Zell for taking care of Kerry

Rebel Ga. Democrat gets his pet projects paid for in approps

By Alexander Bolton (no relation to Jeff)

The Republicans are making sure that Sen. Zell Miller, who launched a withering attack on presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry last month, gets his pet projects paid for in appropriations legislation.

Miller, the Georgia Democrat who was the keynote speaker at the GOP convention in New York and who alienated his party by excoriating Kerry, has been told not to worry about losing his earmarks in the new fiscal year, which begins Friday.

The week that Congress returned after the GOP convention, Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.) grabbed Miller’s arm outside the Senate chamber and assured him, “Don’t worry about appropriations, I’ve already put that stuff of yours in there.”

The New Mexico Republican is chairman of the Appropriations Energy and Water Subcommittee, a panel that small-government advocacy groups say doles out far more pet projects than most other spending subcommittees.

The Hill (http://www.thehill.com/news/092904/miller.aspx)

Tommy Duncan
09-28-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm shocked, simply shocked.

Yonivore
09-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Next thing you know he'll be accusing Congress of pork barrelling.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Wow, that's never happened in Congress before, and Democrats have never "taken care of" Repubs who crossed the aisle...

Nbadan
09-29-2004, 03:43 AM
I guess we should be used to it by now since the Bushiveks and Halliburton have been doing the same thing the whole time we have been in Iraq.

Whottt
09-29-2004, 06:26 AM
It's good to see Zell getting rewarded for his honesty and sacrifice.

I mean he pretty much commited politial suicide to Nuke a shitty presidential candidate and save the American public from being forced to suck terrorist cock for the next 4 years.

I know I agreed with everything he said 100%...the Democratic party is fucked in the head these days and Kerry probably tops the list of the reasons why.

Yonivore
09-29-2004, 11:03 AM
"I mean he pretty much commited politial suicide to Nuke a shitty presidential candidate and save the American public from being forced to suck terrorist cock for the next 4 years."
In fairness, Zell had no political capital to sacrifice, he's retiring at the end of this term.

Not having to run for re-election tends to make politicians more honest.

Tommy Duncan
09-29-2004, 11:06 AM
danny, this is what a Gore voter in 2000 is saying today:

It's good to see Zell getting rewarded for his honesty and sacrifice.

I mean he pretty much commited politial suicide to Nuke a shitty presidential candidate and save the American public from being forced to suck terrorist cock for the next 4 years.

I know I agreed with everything he said 100%...the Democratic party is fucked in the head these days and Kerry probably tops the list of the reasons why.

Uncle Donnie
09-29-2004, 12:28 PM
danny, this is what a Gore voter in 2000 is saying today

That reflects me as well, and a lot of other people I know. I've always voted Democrat in presidential elections but I'll be voting for Bush in November. The Democratic party the past few years has indeed seemed "fucked in the head".