PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars finally coming to Blu-Ray

IronMaxipad
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
September 2011

Pre-order Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=tsm_1_fb_dvd

http://i.imgur.com/E7xT4l.jpg

Star Wars: The Complete Blu-ray Saga will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
(32 Years Before Episode IV) Stranded on the desert planet Tatooine after rescuing young Queen Amidala from the impending invasion of Naboo, Jedi apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Jedi Master discover nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker, a young slave unusually strong in the Force. Anakin wins a thrilling Podrace and with it his freedom as he leaves his home to be trained as a Jedi. The heroes return to Naboo where Anakin and the Queen face massive invasion forces while the two Jedi contend with a deadly foe named Darth Maul. Only then do they realize the invasion is merely the first step in a sinister scheme by the re-emergent forces of darkness known as the Sith.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
(22 Years Before Episode IV) Ten years after the events of the Battle of Naboo, not only has the galaxy undergone significant change, but so have Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, and Anakin Skywalker as they are thrown together again for the first time since the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher. The two Jedi are assigned to protect Padmé whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists. As relationships form and powerful forces collide, these heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but the destiny of the Republic.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
(19 Years before Episode IV) Three years after the onset of the Clone Wars, the noble Jedi Knights have been leading a massive clone army into a galaxy-wide battle against the Separatists. When the sinister Sith unveil a thousand-year-old plot to rule the galaxy, the Republic crumbles and from its ashes rises the evil Galactic Empire. Jedi hero Anakin Skywalker is seduced by the dark side of the Force to become the Emperor's new apprentice - Darth Vader. The Jedi are decimated, as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Master Yoda are forced into hiding. The only hope for the galaxy are Anakin's own offspring - the twin children born in secrecy who will grow up to become Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Nineteen years after the formation of the Empire, Luke Skywalker is thrust into the struggle of the Rebel Alliance when he meets Obi-Wan Kenobi, who has lived for years in seclusion on the desert planet of Tatooine. Obi-Wan begins Luke's Jedi training as Luke joins him on a daring mission to rescue the beautiful Rebel leader Princess Leia from the clutches of the evil Empire. Although Obi-Wan sacrifices himself in a lightsaber duel with Darth Vader, his former apprentice, Luke proves that the Force is with him by destroying the Empire's dreaded Death Star.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker and his friends have set up a new base on the ice planet of Hoth, but it is not long before their secret location is discovered by the evil Empire. After narrowly escaping, Luke splits off from his friends to seek out a Jedi Master called Yoda. Meanwhile, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, and C-3PO seek sanctuary at a city in the Clouds run by Lando Calrissian, an old friend of Han’s. But little do they realize that Darth Vader already awaits them.

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
(4 years after Episode IV) In the epic conclusion of the saga, the Empire prepares to crush the Rebellion with a more powerful Death Star while the Rebel fleet mounts a massive attack on the space station. Luke Skywalker confronts his father Darth Vader in a final climactic duel before the evil Emperor. In the last second, Vader makes a momentous choice: he destroys the Emperor and saves his son. The Empire is finally defeated, the Sith are destroyed, and Anakin Skywalker is thus redeemed. At long last, freedom is restored to the galaxy.

Special Features:
Three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

http://i.imgur.com/rh2rR.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
F' episode 4-6 if it's that redone crap. That ewok dance scene at the end of 6 really tied the saga together.

Zelophehad
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Han shot first tbh.

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Episodes 1-3 were dogshit tbqh

Blake
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
F' episode 4-6 if it's that redone crap. That ewok dance scene at the end of 6 really tied the saga together.

way to ruin the ending for the rest of us

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Isn't lucas re-releasing his movies 1-6 in chronological order in 3-D?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Yep. He said that before III came out.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
way to ruin the ending for the rest of us

Just doing my job.

IronMaxipad
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM

Yeah they are. http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-09-29-starwars29_ST_N.htm

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
He should remake 1-3 and make darth maul the villain in all 3 movies

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Episodes 1-3 were dogshit tbqh

This.

I still haven't seen episode 3 cause I was so disgusted after the first 2

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Young'ns

ChumpDumper
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
This.

I still haven't seen episode 3 cause I was so disgusted after the first 23 was halfway decent. It had implied violence.

Bender
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
so is Ep. 6, return of the jedi the end of it? back when ep. 4 and 5 were current, I thought they said that they were planning 9 installments.

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
so is Ep. 6, return of the jedi the end of it? back when ep. 4 and 5 were current, I thought they said that they were planning 9 installments.

Yeah EP 6 is the last one. They just make prequels or video games now to add to the story and they all suck except for KOTR

Phillip
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Best Star Wars films in order:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4/5. Return of the Jedi / Attack of the Clones (deadlock imho)
6. The Phantom Menace

Soul_Patch
01-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Like 35 years of milking the star wars cow....daaayumm...

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
3 was halfway decent. It had implied violence.

:lol I might check it out then.

Spaceballs had more violence than the first two.

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
:lol I might check it out then.

Spaceballs had more violence than the first two.
Just youtube the final battle the rest of it is bullshit teen angst love drama twilight with light sabers.

Phillip
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
This.

I still haven't seen episode 3 cause I was so disgusted after the first 2

I thought Revenge of the Sith was very good actually. Far better than the first 2.

ohmwrecker
01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I wish they just would release the original trilogy pre-Lucas fuck ups.

ohmwrecker
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I thought Revenge of the Sith was very good actually. Far better than the first 2.

It's definitely better than the first two. Your ranking was hard to argue with that especially after Lucas fucked Return of the Jedi to death.

Darrin
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I wonder what George Lucas will do to the movies this time to "update" it for Blu-Ray.

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:24 PM
so these blu rays will definitely have Greedo shooting first, and Hayden Christiansen as Anakin at the end of Jedi?

pass.

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I know we all hate Phantom Menace now, but the first time you guys saw it, didn't we all basically jizz in our pants over how badass it was?

Darrin
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I know we all hate Phantom Menace now, but the first time you guys saw it, didn't we all basically jizz in our pants over how badass it was?

For the story? No. I always hated how little is actually done in the movie. The graphics at the time were mind-blowing. Now, they look cheap.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I wonder what George Lucas will do to the movies this time to "update" it for Blu-Ray.

1080p, possibly. Maybe 7.1.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Not really. Well, only for the pod races.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM

I can't remember being more excited for a film...I saw it 3 times in theaters with my friends--and that was nothing, compared to other people I know--and I think it was just the excitement of Star Wars being back that made us all blind to how much it sucked. Jar Jar Binks is the worst character created in the history of film. The veil was completely lifted in Episode II, and I could no longer pretend that this shit had anything to do with eps 4-6.

But yeah, it was exciting when it came out...

ohmwrecker
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Darth Maul was badass. Other than that . . .:td

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Not really. Well, only for the pod races.

First time I saw it, the pod races were the shittiest part of the movie imo. I think Darth Maul and the fact that it was Star Wars is what really gave me a boner when I watched it.

Obviously the movie is shit, but I bet 90% of us left the theater the first time thinking "BADASS HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA GO SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!"

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
The veil was completely lifted in Episode II, and I could no longer pretend that this shit had anything to do with eps 4-6.

I was still excited about Episode II, but that movie experience was totally different. I knew what I was seeing was total crap from the start, and only the gimmick of seeing Yoda kick Dooku's ass saved that for me.

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
and even if Revenge Of The Sith was "better", it still sucked. And it gave us all the worst moment in Star Wars history. Worse than dancing Ewoks or Greedo shooting first or Jar Jar Binks or Jake Lloyd or anything else.

The Worst Moment In Star Wars History

WWaLxFIVX1s

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
K-Zmuoze65U

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 05:50 PM
WWaLxFIVX1s

Please tell me this is a joke...perhaps I'll skip this one afterall...

monosylab1k
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Please tell me this is a joke...perhaps I'll skip this one afterall...

Oh yeah. They take one of the greatest, most badass villains of all time, and turn him into a crying emo pussy.

ohmwrecker
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah. They take one of the greatest, most badass villains of all time, and turn him into a crying emo pussy.

The worst thing about it is that the build up to that point was actually the coolest part of the movie. And then . . . Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
It's a predictable, even necessary scene -- but it is so horribly directed it does make for one of the most anticlimactic scenes in film history. I'm sure it was some kind of tribute to Frankenstein, but damn, all it did was provide a humorous counterpoint to Christensen's overacted angst in two movies.

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
And how did they make Vader evil?

He killed kids.

talk about lazy ass writing

CuckingFunt
01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I wish they just would release the original trilogy pre-Lucas fuck ups.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
now that we have the technology to loop dvds we can loop princess leia in her slave outfit
amiright?

CuckingFunt
01-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Meh, not really. Though, I was already pretty disillusioned with Lucas/the franchise after seeing the updated versions of the original trilogy in theaters.

I thought Darth Maul was pretty cool, and am a sucker for the sound of lightsabers, but I was fairly disappointed with The Phantom Menace even during that first viewing. The somewhat cheesy charm of the original trilogy, and the strength of its actors (particularly Ford and Fisher), made up for Lucas' shortcomings as a director and writer. The new trilogy, however, fully exposed him. The writing is laughable in all three films, and the acting is just atrocious -- even by otherwise good actors, which places the blame on Lucas. And let's not even get started on fucking Jar Jar.

Muser
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I like the final battle in Phantom Menace, other than that it was dogshit. Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, loved the fight scene between Yoda and the Emperor.

Fpoonsie
01-06-2011, 11:17 PM
K-Zmuoze65U

:lmao

"Well, here's Jon Voight's ball sack..."

Fucking hilarious.

Mark in Austin
01-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Meesah say Fuck George Lucas.

Muser
01-07-2011, 08:14 AM
K-Zmuoze65U

Omg :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Blake
01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Meh, not really. Though, I was already pretty disillusioned with Lucas/the franchise after seeing the updated versions of the original trilogy in theaters.

I thought Darth Maul was pretty cool, and am a sucker for the sound of lightsabers, but I was fairly disappointed with The Phantom Menace even during that first viewing. The somewhat cheesy charm of the original trilogy, and the strength of its actors (particularly Ford and Fisher), made up for Lucas' shortcomings as a director and writer. The new trilogy, however, fully exposed him. The writing is laughable in all three films, and the acting is just atrocious -- even by otherwise good actors, which places the blame on Lucas. And let's not even get started on fucking Jar Jar.

+1

or how it turned out the ability to use the force is purely genetic.

:td :td :td

If I was born with the force, I'd hardly care about universal domination. I'd probably use the force for practical jokes.

leemajors
01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
+1

or how it turned out the ability to use the force is purely genetic.

:td :td :td

If I was born with the force, I'd hardly care about universal domination. I'd probably use the force for practical jokes.

Wasn't that implied before? It was fleshed out awkwardly, but the premise was there.

leemajors
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM

I hated Jar Jar initially, but I pulled a 180 and decided he was awesome. He sums up Lucas pretty well imo.

Blake
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Wasn't that implied before? It was fleshed out awkwardly, but the premise was there.

yeah, it was vaguely implied in ROTJ...

but even then, I figured everyone had a shot at using the force, just some could use it better than others.

Kai
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
You can buy the original trilogy by itself or the prequel trilogy by itself, but the only way to get the 3 bonus discs is buying the complete saga pack. Stupid Lucas...

Blake
01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
You can buy the original trilogy by itself or the prequel trilogy by itself, but the only way to get the 3 bonus discs is buying the complete saga pack. Stupid Lucas...

genius, greedy Lucas

MannyIsGod
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Star wars is ok but yeah, never gonna buy this.

Kai
01-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Barnes & Noble (BN.com) has the set for $71 plus tax thanks to a 20% off one-item code for Visa cardholders (R7V9J9N).

pretty good deal tbh. Ended up costing me under 78 with tax and shipping. I'm not even sure you'll find it this cheap on Black Friday.

Wild Cobra
01-09-2011, 11:56 AM
September 2011

Pre-order Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=tsm_1_fb_dvd

http://i.imgur.com/E7xT4l.jpg

Star Wars: The Complete Blu-ray Saga

But it's not the complete saga. Where are episodes 7-9?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2011, 12:26 PM
this would be great if it was unedited original star wars

greedo rofl

IronMaxipad
01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
But it's not the complete saga. Where are episodes 7-9?

Son why you asking me? I just copy and paste shit. :lol

Wild Cobra
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Son why you asking me? I just copy and paste shit. :lol
LOL...

Copy and paste...

At least you admit it!

Slydragon
01-10-2011, 07:22 AM
this would be great if it was unedited original star wars

greedo rofl

Give it time, after everyone buys this then the originals will come out on blu-ray. Same package with a sticker on the front saying "original cut" and it will sell like crazy....until the next repackaged hits the store.