PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck is an idiot

Sisk
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Discuss.

tlongII
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Why? Because he doesn't want to play for Carolina?

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Discuss.

Oh the delicious irony of this thread...:lol

I agree he should have come out, but choosing to graduate from one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the country hardly qualifies him as an idiot. I just hope this doesn't cost him millions down the line.

JamStone
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM

Eli Manning proved that Luck wouldn't have to play for Carolina.

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.

FromWayDowntown
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM

I agree he should have come out, but choosing to graduate from one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the country hardly qualifies him as an idiot. I just hope this doesn't cost him millions down the line.

I agree with this.

But I think he'll still make millions down the line -- unless he suffers a truly disabling injury, he's got enough of a track record to warrant a team taking him with a high pick in the 2012 draft. Sam Bradford's success with St. Louis after suffering a season-ending injury that required surgical repair shows me that teams are less and less scared by those sorts of injuries, particularly in quarterbacks.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM

In all likelihood, it has. Especially with the new CBA that will almost surely fuck rookies contracts.

Why do you want to graduate from a prestigious university? Pride, sure. But money is a huge factor. Also, he can ALWAYS go back and finish school after he makes tens if not a hundred plus million in the NFL.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Sam Bradford. Rams.

Matt Ryan. Falcons.

JamStone
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.

Honorable, admirable, beautiful. All those things.

His decision can be all those things, and he can still be an idiot for potentially passing on tens of millions of dollars.

Blake
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Eli Manning proved that Luck wouldn't have to play for Carolina.

so did former Stanford alum Elway, iirc.

jjktkk
01-06-2011, 05:50 PM
In all likelihood, it has. Especially with the new CBA that will almost surely fuck rookies contracts.

Why do you want to graduate from a prestigious university? Pride, sure. But money is a huge factor. Also, he can ALWAYS go back and finish school after he makes tens if not a hundred plus million in the NFL.

He can also wait one more year, get his degree, and still get in his money in the NFL.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
He can also wait one more year, get his degree, and still get in his money in the NFL.

While you could be right, the odds are you're wrong. The CBA will almost certainly lower his guaranteed money and overall contract as a drafted rookie. He'll still make a killing I'm sure, but not anywhere near what he could've. Look at Jake Locker last year.. he came back and lowered his draft stock because he was almost certainly not raising it.

All this without even mentioning injury.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM

His decision can be all those things, and he can still be an idiot for potentially passing on tens of millions of dollars.

My point exactly. :toast

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM

and yet, he isn't for said reasons. its his life. further, he'll make plenty of money...jake locker said it best.

LnGrrrR
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
When the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than Ryan Leaf

OR

b) finish college at a prestigious school

Then you're an idiot if you don't choose B.

"OMG! I WANT TO FINISH COLLEGE! COLLEGE LIFE ROCKS!"

What happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If I were his economics teacher, I'd flunk him as soon as I saw him step into my class.

LnGrrrR
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM

its beautiful, really.

Because you only have a chance to make millions upon millions of dollars as a first round pick once. Bceause you're throwing it away to enjoy one more year of "college life". Because you never know what might happen with one fluke accident.

I'll laugh if he gets injured. Stupid kid.

leemajors
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
When the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than Ryan Leaf

OR

Then you're an idiot if you don't choose B.

"OMG! I WANT TO FINISH COLLEGE! COLLEGE LIFE ROCKS!"

What happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If I were his economics teacher, I'd flunk him as soon as I saw him step into my class.

He's got injury insurance (Lloyd's I believe), he'll be fine. With the lockout looming, this may not be the best year to come out anyway.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
when the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than ryan leaf

or

then you're an idiot if you don't choose a.

"omg! I want to finish college! College life rocks!"

what happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If i were his economics teacher, i'd flunk him as soon as i saw him step into my class.

fify.

Sisk
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
He's got injury insurance (Lloyd's I believe), he'll be fine. With the lockout looming, this may not be the best year to come out anyway.

For how much? 5? Maybe 10? (doubt it)

50 > 10

50 > 5

Hell, even if it's both combined

50 > 15

LnGrrrR
01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
fify.

Blah!

Thanks.

LnGrrrR
01-06-2011, 10:09 PM

That's why he should apply NOW, before the lockout and rookie pay scale kicks in.

4>0rings
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Money isn't the first priority of every single player. He's still going to make plenty of money finishing school and he can hang up his degree and have something to be proud of along with his athletic performances.

Greg Oden
01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
why is sisk so butthurt about Luck stylin?

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Money isn't the first priority of every single player. He's still going to make plenty of money finishing school and he can hang up his degree and have something to be proud of along with his athletic performances.

Or he could make a ton of cash now, guaranteed...

I'm pretty sure they allow you to finish college later, if you want, tbh

IronMexican
01-07-2011, 12:47 AM
DD must be pretty happy the Bills didn't get the #1 pick

benefactor
01-07-2011, 08:27 AM

its beautiful, really.
It's not beautiful, it's fucking dumb.

Passing on the money is stupid no matter how you spin it. If he is as smart as his education indicates, then he knows that he is gambling the future of not only himself...but of his children, his children's children, etc. Sure, he's going to have a degree and will likely make a good living...but potentially throwing away immediate financial security for his family for generations to come? Not very smart.

yavozerb
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Why not get the money first, then go back and get the degree second?

sa_butta
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM

I agree, I think he could have came out and still gone back to school if he wanted...He will lose millions and possibly lose stock in the next draft if he gets hurt or has a sub-par season...

Blake
01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree, I think he could have came out and still gone back to school if he wanted...He will lose millions and possibly lose stock in the next draft if he gets hurt or has a sub-par season...

yeah, but then he's miss all the beautiful frat parties and playng beautiful Madden 2012 with his beautiful college roommates....

you can't put a price tag on those memories.......too beautiful.

Sisk
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
why is sisk so butthurt about Luck stylin?

He would be stylin' if he listened to most posters in this thread, imho

Sisk
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
yeah, but then he's miss all the beautiful frat parties and playng beautiful Madden 2012 with his beautiful college roommates....

you can't put a price tag on those memories.......too beautiful.

:lol

Bukefal
01-07-2011, 04:18 PM

its beautiful, really.

+1

Good decision, respect for that.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I decided I wouldn't go to work today because I wanted to spend a day with my kid. Sure, maybe I'm jeopardizing my job, my ability to provide for my children and all that, but I just wanted to enjoy a day with my son today, taking a walk with him, holding his hand.

Isn't that beautiful?

rasho8
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow people. It isn't like Luck is a broke kid trying to help lift his family out of the ghetto. His Dad was an NFL Quarterback, former GM of a team and the AD of WVU. They have plenty of money, and Luck will make plenty more AND get to finish his degree from fucking Stanford.

50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will. Maybe Luck realizes he only needs so much money, and the rest is gravy. But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow people. It isn't like Luck is a broke kid trying to help lift his family out of the ghetto. His Dad was an NFL Quarterback, former GM of a team and the AD of WVU. They have plenty of money, and Luck will make plenty more AND get to finish his degree from fucking Stanford.

50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will. Maybe Luck realizes he only needs so much money, and the rest is gravy. But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.

If I was looking for a QB to be the captain of my team, I'd probably pick the guy who wanted to take on the life of an NFL player, rather than one who wanted to go back to college.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-07-2011, 07:39 PM
50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will.

Since when?

Dumb fucking decision. And he's going to get drilled in his NFL interviews for it.

Football doesn't seem to be a top priority, which is great on the whole but a disaster waiting to happen in the pro game.

EDIT: And he doesn't even need the degree. I'm willing to bet he could land a cushy position in almost every top flight firm in the country by 8 AM Monday.

Blake
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM
But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.

what will he do this last year at school that he can't do in the pros

Kermit
01-08-2011, 02:45 AM
what will he do this last year at school that he can't do in the pros

Fuck more co-eds. He obviously doesn't give a fuck a out the money or the NFL. He's going to have a degree from the best school in the country; I'm guessing that architectural engineering isn't that easy. He will still be the number one pick and he might have a Heisman to boot. What's with all the butthurt?

Jose Canseco
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Fuck more co-eds. He obviously doesn't give a fuck a out the money or the NFL. He's going to have a degree from the best school in the country; I'm guessing that architectural engineering isn't that easy. He will still be the number one pick and he might have a Heisman to boot. What's with all the butthurt?

It's his prerogative to not go into the draft. But it's anybody's right to call him stupid for doing so. Apparently young multi-millionaire NFL players don't have the cache to fuck co-eds...

I respect him wanting to get his degree. It's been said several times here that he can still get it even if he went to the NFL. He can't take summer classes, and guess what he can fuck co-eds in the summer. He may still go #1 in 2012 but it's no guarantee. That's why when you're offered a present of about $50 million guaranteed you take it. Sure he can still make a fine living if he never goes to the NFL. But $50 million can have your family and your kids set for life. While one career ending injury in a dangerous sport can take away that possibility.

You can call it admirable or beautiful, but it's still a stupid decision. People aren't butthurt over his decision. We're astonished at his stupidity.

TheMACHINE
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
No yoga party is worth 50 million.

Good luck trying to be the best next year without your offensive line, coach and his assistants.

Dumb move imo. But hey, Im just a greedy sob who would take 50 million.

Sisk
01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Question:

Why do you get a college degree?

Blake
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
No yoga party is worth 50 million.

lol yoga party

Sisk
01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
lol yoga party

:lol