PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez mourns Aiden

LnGrrrR
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Really good story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5991920

Sanchez was sitting at his locker before facing the Steelers, going over the game plan one last time, when he received a text from Aiden. His friend was concerned about the chilly weather.
"He's saying, 'It looks cold out there in Pittsburgh. I'm glad I'm watching from home. Good luck,'" Sanchez said with a chuckle. "Little stuff like that really fires you up."

After the game, Aiden fired off a congratulatory text to Sanchez. Don't expect a return text, his mother warned, explaining that Sanchez would be too busy to answer an 11-year-old boy. So they watched his postgame news conference on TV, never imagining they'd hear from him.
About 20 minutes later, the phone rang. It was Sanchez.

"We were blown away," Lisa said.

Dr. Gonzo
01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Why the hell does an 11 year old need a cell phone? This texting craze is getting out of hand.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Why the hell does an 11 year old need a cell phone? This texting craze is getting out of hand.

The kid is dying from cancer and you're worried about why he has a phone?

ajh18
01-07-2011, 03:01 AM

Well, when it causes you pain to move, you don't have many ways to communicate with friends and people in the rest of the world. I'm not a huge fan of kids all having cell phones, but this seems like a great reason for it, letting him communicate with people and not feel so isolated.