PDA

View Full Version : What made you become a Spurs fan?

GinobiliForTres
01-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Simple.

Was there a certain game you watched that made you like the team, do you live in San Antonio (unlike myself), etc?

For me, the first Spurs game i ever watched was WC 1st Round, Game 1 i believe. 2007-2008 season against Phoenix when Timmy hit the 3 in overtime. That moment itself made me wanna start following the team and i've been a diehard fan ever since. I live in Kentucky. Only Spurs fan at my school. Here, all you'll find is bandwagoners.

WalterBenitez
01-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Black uniform "small town" team in that "*" season, later came Manu.

Muser
01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Back in school I played Centre for my schools team, coach shows me a video of D Rob (I think it was his career high 12 blocks against the T Wolves although I don't remember it too well) and been a fan ever since.

GinobiliForTres
01-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Back in school I played Centre for my schools team, coach shows me a video of D Rob (I think it was his career high 12 blocks against the T Wolves although I don't remember it too well) and been a fan ever since.

wow, that's pretty awesome actually.

and the first clip of an NBA game that i watched was Boston ending Houston's 22-game win streak iirc. i didn't know that until about a year later.

100%duncan
01-07-2011, 08:07 AM
when spurs beat lakers on 2003 playoffs

Dice
01-07-2011, 08:08 AM
McDyess signed with them.

elemento
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
well,

Im from Brazil and the first and only time i watched a NBA game as back in 2003. I was studying in Vancouver and i went with my friends to Seattle to to watch the Sonics against the Mavs. Since the first time i saw those faggots, i just hated them. I just asked my host father what team was the biggest mavs rival. He said the Spurs, the classiest franchise in the NBA. So basically it was an easy choice. Im a fan since then.

urunobili
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
D-Rob

romain.star
01-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Rodman ''haircut'' in NBA Live 97 + Drob

sa_butta
01-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I became a fan at the ripe age of 9 years old. My basketball team got to the city championship (1986) and we got to play at halftime during a Spurs game. The Spurs game itself was an awesome experience and actually playing on the court was even better. I had been to Spurs games before that, but never really paid to much attention to what was really going on.

During my game I was on the bench and a guy behind me asks me for my autograph so I tell him "I don't have a picture of myself." So he says "just sign your name on the paper"...I regret to inform him that I did not make it big, and the paper he was hoping to cash in later is completely worthless at this point.

At any rate we won our city championship game and I had the experience of a lifetime...After that I followed the Spurs more closely and I began to listen to games on WOAI when they were PPV.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Robinson mainly, around 1994. Back then I didn't have any means to follow NBA closely, due to not being in USA and it was very rarely on TV, but I got some computer game with D-Rob on the front ( NBA live 94 or something ) and was immediately hooked, I'm pretty sure I'd never played it with another team but the Spurs. Anyway, got hooked and started looking for more info and following them, whatever means possible, which was quite difficult at the time.

It's been a great ride.

wijayas
01-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Knowing that D-Rob honored his commitment to the NAVY and then the Spurs. I knew then the Spurs is an organization with character, blessed with honorable people. I am right.

polandprzem
01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Video game

benefactor
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I live in Tyler(80mi east of Dallas), so I didn't know the Spurs existed until I became a teenager. The Mavericks and Cowboys are deities around here, so as a kid that is who I rooted for. When I was in high school I was really close with my cousin who is a huge Rockets fan...and with my disdain for the Cowboys and thier fans growing and my family ties in Houston I started cheering for the Houston teams. I watched in awe as the Dream dominated the league through the championship years. This gave me a true appreciation for great post players. But at most, I was still basically a casual fan.

I started following the Spurs a little bit when Duncan was drafted and I was excited for them when they won the title in '99. With my appreciation for great post play, it was natural for me to enjoy both Duncan and Robinson. I casually watched all three Texas teams in the early 2000's but the combination of the run and gun and Cowboys fans pushed me further and further away from the Mavs. I found myself spending more time following the Spurs due to the way they played and how they carried themselves with class. Between the title in '03 and the heartache of May 13th, 2004, I was cemented. For the first time in my life I had become a truly committed fan that lived and died by a team...and it has been that way every since.

xmas1997
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Been a Spurs fan since they first came here.
Been reading SF and ST since they first began, just rarely post.

Giuseppe
01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I needed ya's to stand in the way of the Suns to preserve their O & __.

You never failed me. Thank Christ.

fonzy16
01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
manu, been his fan from his euroleague days

+ hating the fakers

Bukefal
01-07-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/robinson_usa_300_080416.jpg

http://www.allbasketballreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Picture-13.png

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/07/02/rubio.wait/david-robinson.jpg

cutewizard
01-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Simple.

Was there a certain game you watched that made you like the team, do you live in San Antonio (unlike myself), etc?

For me, the first Spurs game i ever watched was WC 1st Round, Game 1 i believe. 2007-2008 season against Phoenix when Timmy hit the 3 in overtime. That moment itself made me wanna start following the team and i've been a diehard fan ever since. I live in Kentucky. Only Spurs fan at my school. Here, all you'll find is bandwagoners.

David Robinson.

lefty
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
David Robinson
David Robinson
David Robinson

In 1992, when watching the pre-olympic tournament in Portland

I'm a lefty, and so is Robinson...Mullin is a lefty too, but D-Rob was an amazing athlete

Started following the Spurs since then, and never rooted for Bulls or Lakers in the meantime

Years of frustration finally paid off :lol

slayermin
01-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Alvin Robertson was one of my favorite players. And I got to play a CYO exhibition game at Hemisphere Arena.

KenziE
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
when i was a kid the first team i ever rooted for was the boston celtics ... then hou in 94 coz i hated the knicks i was rooting for the underdog houston team ... then bulls in their 2nd three peat ... then 1999 came and saw timmy in the finals beat the knicks hehe been a duncan fan ever since of course manu came and cemented my die hard status forever ....!

8FOR!3
01-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I've always been a Spurs fan. Mom and dad were big Spurs fans, I actually think I started watching the Spurs Duncan's rookie season when I was 6.

cheguevara
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Manwho Ginosebleed

but when he was a nobody here. I saw him in europe and said, that guy is playing in the nba? where???

and then I saw Duncan :toast

then I saw DRob, Bowen, Parker, all directed by the genius of Pop took the 3-peat lakers to tears. :wow then I said this is something special

Hooks
01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
In '03 when I was 12, saw my first ever Spurs game on TV. I didn't give a shit about sports in general, I knew NOTHING about football/basketball, absolutely nothing. I watched the Spurs in '99 when they won a ship but I didn't really care. I didn't play sports, never wanted to play b-ball, I thought sports were boring.

It was game 1 of the playoffs, Spurs vs. Suns, Duncan missed his FT's and Marbury hit the GW. I remember being nervous during the game and my adrenaline pumping, this got me addicted to watching the Spurs.

eBS9hH9c4_s

George Gervin's Afro
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
I had no choice. I was born and raised in SA. I did get to play an 8th grade games in Hempishere Arena.

Libri
01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
when Jon Sundvold made a 3-pointer

Frenzy
01-07-2011, 10:22 AM
D robs character
Timmy soft spoken
The good guys
Manu the fire

Just the way the spurs pick the players...like finely picked apples haha

DMC
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I became a Spurs fan when I first moved to San Antonio in the early 80's. I got to meet some of the players because they were always about, and hung out near my apartment all the time. From there I started watching their games and attending when I could. Then came David, what a stir that guy caused in San Antonio and even today he's such a figure there it's unbelievable. Other than George Strait, probably no one more iconic in the region.

The great drafting and picks of today aren't a carryover from those days. We had some pretty shoddy guys at times. There were good ball players, but not too many that were playoff class.

ata
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I followed Rasho - and than I found this great community at ST.
Rasho left, I stayed ;)

smeagol
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
The drafting of Scola . . .

urunobili
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
The drafting of Scola . . .

:lol

mexicanjunior
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I can vaguely remember early memories of going to Spurs games in the 80's as a kid and seeing Gervin before he went to Chicago. I even remember we had a Spurs cup from one of the games that had a block of melting ice on it with the Spurs logo for the Iceman...

Robinson's first year and that playoff run to Game 7 against the Blazers (Willie was fouled by Drexler at the end of regulation btw) was what really got me hooked on watching Spurs games religiously though.

Martin R
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Manu Ginobili

TwelveGs210
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
The Rod Strickland and David Robinson combo is what got me into the Spurs. I've always been taught to like the local teams, so Cowboys and Spurs for me.

Giuseppe
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
D robs character
Timmy soft spoken
The good guys
Manu the fire

Gary Neal withstanding.

Brazil
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
well,

Im from Brazil and the first and only time i watched a NBA game as back in 2003. I was studying in Vancouver and i went with my friends to Seattle to to watch the Sonics against the Mavs. Since the first time i saw those faggots, i just hated them. I just asked my host father what team was the biggest mavs rival. He said the Spurs, the classiest franchise in the NBA. So basically it was an easy choice. Im a fan since then.

Nice one.

I'm french but I'm living in Brazil.

For me it started with Robinson, idk why but he was the admiral after all ! I'm a fan of gis game, the twin towers good times. Then TP arrived and it sealed the deal for me.

Pauleta14
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Since Tim Duncan was drafted! Then with TP, I started to follow EVERY games.

I used to be a Bulls "fan", only for MJ et Pippen.

... but as a child, I had a D Rob poster is my room before even knowing/following the team... lol

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
D robs character
Timmy soft spoken
The good guys
Manu the fire

spurs=class

Agloco
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Gary Neal withstanding.

NealRAPEDINSTYLEperiod.

Cubby getting his hate on.

bus driver
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
home team

SAtown
01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Born n raised in San Antonio, became a fan at about 6 or 7 when they lost to Portland. It was the first time a loss hurt. After that came the Barkley series, then the Rockets, then the fucking Jazz, etc... It was a fun ride in the 90s, I'm just glad I'm not older :lol

PS, anyone remember freaking PPV for home games???? Thank God for illegal cable back then

Spurs Brazil
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I was a NBA fan since 1992 and liked to watch games but I had no team. I always liked Robinson since the Dream Teams days but in 1994 I saw him play with the Spurs and became a fan

carina_gino20
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
2003 WCF. I only watched local basketball till that point so didn't know anyone except the Lakers and the team that beat the Lakers. Decided to bandwagon with the Spurs because of TP, who he had an uncanny resemblance to my classmate. After they lost Game 1, I stayed on the wagon because they had the back-to-back MVP. After almost 8 yrs, I'm still a Spurs fan because of Ginobili and the character this team has shown over the last decade.

Cane
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
David Robinson and travelling to and living in SA as a military brat.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/david_robinson_dunk.jpg

TampaDude
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
My wife went to high school with David Robinson. I've been a Spurs fan since the early 1990s, when I started dating her.

jjktkk
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
The year the Spurs came into the NBA. I started playing BB, and my grandfather use to give me the S.A. Express sports page to read up on the Spurs. Also, my mom, while working at the Wonderland Hallmark store got me an autograph of Mike Gale, who use to shop there.

mathbzh
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
In the early nineties I was a fan of Robinson (but not a Spurs fan)... then a fan of Duncan (I like classy players) but still not really a Spurs fan.

When they drafted TP I started following the Spurs more... and became a Spurs fan (probably in 2002).

The funny thing is that TP was not my preferred French player (it was Diaw... not anymore, he is too much of an underachiever). But I think the Spurs had the most "Euro-friendly" game.

Ginobili was the ultimate icing on the cake...

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
In the early nineties I was a fan of Robinson (but not a Spurs fan)... then a fan of Duncan (I like classy players) but still not really a Spurs fan.

When they drafted TP I started following the Spurs more... and became a Spurs fan (probably in 2002).

The funny thing is that TP was not my preferred French player (it was Diaw... not anymore, he is too much of an underachiever). But I think the Spurs had the most "Euro-friendly" game.

Ginobili was the ultimate icing on the cake...

Oh the irony

:tu

colargol
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
With the first french man to be drafted in 1998, Olivier Saint Jean, I have quickly switched for TP when he came, Tarik Abdul Wahad was such a disaster!
No deception since but ------(insert a loss)
:)

portnoy1
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Vinny Del negro and a named Matt Othick. After that I just kept watching and enjoyed what I saw. Then I got interested in their history post-draft Robinson players( Strickland, Brickowski Wingate........) And how their offense and defense change/stayed the same up until today.

Lizard
01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Bird Averitt & Geroge Karl

Ya Vez
01-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Saw this game when I was 10 years old, been a fan ever since...

October 14, 1975

New Orleans Jazz (NBA) vs. San Antonio Spurs (ABA) at San Antonio, TX

JAZZ 105
Spurs 104

Pistol Pete VS The Iceman

mathbzh
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh the irony

:tu

He was french:king

mathbzh
01-07-2011, 05:30 PM
With the first french man to be drafted in 1998, Olivier Saint-Jean

Refocus
01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Born and raised in San Antonio. Family loves the Spurs, so it just seemed natural. :)

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I'd like to extend the olive branch and offer you guys a seat with Laker Nation.

It's a lifetime of happiness, and a better future for your children.

I. Hustle
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Honstly for me it's just one of those everyday experiences. It was the day David got drafted. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting at home and watching the draft while your mom blew me, I blew my load in her hair (it's kind of my thing)the moment they said his name. Just one of those memories I guess.

RobSM64
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
The Admiral...

and they represent my Hometown.

Budkin
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I lived in Western NY so I didn't have a connection to the Spurs, until David Robinson came into the league and quickly became one of my favorite players (I even got the first gen Robinson "pump" shoes). Then my sister moved to Austin and would take me to Spurs games at Hemisfair when I visited. I moved to Austin in 1998 just in time for the first championship season and have been a rabid fan ever since.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I lived in Western NY so I didn't have a connection to the Spurs, until David Robinson came into the league and quickly became one of my favorite players (I even got the first gen Robinson "pump" shoes). Then my sister moved to Austin and would take me to Spurs games at Hemisfair when I visited. I moved to Austin in 1998 just in time for the first championship season and have been a rabid fan ever since.

who's your NFL team?

xellos88330
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I became a basketball fan before the Spurs.

I am a short guy so I loved the challenge that basketball provided. I watched games on national TV because I never really like rooting for the hometown team. Call it, being somewhat rebellious. After watching loads of NBA games, I finally game to my senses as soon as Duncan came into the league.

I adore Duncan's game. He doesn't do anything fancy (I am not capable of fancy shit on the court either). He just goes out and sticks to the basics and crushes people. From that I learned of his teamwork and all that other good stuff.

disciple
01-07-2011, 07:35 PM
When David Robinson was drafted

manu the best
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
.. i really didn't watch basketball until i turned 13 .. i excatly dont remember when i started watching the SPURS but they have been my only nba team and i have been i die hard SPURS FAN .. the only reason i can think of is MANUUUUU .. i love watching him play .. he is just AMAZING ..

sa_kid20
01-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I was just born into it. My dad has been a die-hard since the beginning in 1973 and the rest is history. The first time I actually remember caring if the Spurs won or lost was when I was 7 yrs old. The Spurs lost to the Jazz in the '96 WCSF and I cried.

senorglory
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
saw this game when i was 10 years old, been a fan ever since...

October 14, 1975

new orleans jazz (nba) vs. San antonio spurs (aba) at san antonio, tx

jazz 105
spurs 104

pistol pete vs the iceman

+1

Capt Bringdown
01-08-2011, 01:12 AM
I grew up watching football, and none of my friends or family knew about or liked basketball.
Pro ball was almost a cult phenomenon before the arrival of Magic & Bird. Not only that, I guess my family was crazy. Don't like basketball, are you nuts?
Anyway, I don't think I saw a pro basketball game before my freshman year in high school. We had a dude named Doug Moe Jr on our HS's basketball team, and thru that I found out about a team called The San Antonio Spurs, and a legend named George Gervin.

FeZZy
01-08-2011, 01:22 AM
When george gervin was played in the aba..

Ditty
01-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Born and raised in San Antonio. Went to my first spurs game against the Hawks at the Alamodome I remember in 96 when I was six years old, and remember the dome being empty for a afternoon game I believe, cause the spurs sucked at that time.All my friends were bulls fan, and remember when they would never show a bulls game because it would be sold out cause of Jordan, and would have to buy it on ppv lol. After they drafted Duncan, I would see them here, and there as a little kid, but really didn't care too much being so young. When they won the championship in 99. I would see about every playoff series after that, if I remembered they were playing. I always followed the spurs after that, and knew who was on the team every year, or what the record was, and seeding, and when they played, but never really looked at the big picture like I do now. Now being more in love with the Spurs because I know it's the beggining of the end. I really haven't missed watching a game since the 08-09 season.

colargol
01-08-2011, 03:50 AM
fixed....Jean or Jacques he was a mess

spurs1990
01-08-2011, 04:03 AM
If'n you aint followed the Spurs since at least the 1990's, you ain't nothing.

You ain't nothing:)

BanditHiro
01-08-2011, 04:06 AM
after the jordan era ended...like most kids around the country i jumped off the bandwagon and hopped on board the spurs bandwagon because they were from san antonio and that was close to were i lived. i was fortuned enough to experience a title the very first year i started to root from there and i have been on the wagon ever since with no plans on getting off it.

4>0rings
01-08-2011, 04:15 AM
after the jordan era ended...like most kids around the country i jumped off the bandwagon and hopped on board the spurs bandwagon because they were from san antonio and that was close to were i lived. i was fortuned enough to experience a title the very first year i started to root from there and i have been on the wagon ever since with no plans on getting off it.
You were a Jordan fan back in the day? You know how many Genesis controlers I broke because of that faggot? Pimpin' fiesta colors for life.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Born and grew up in SA.

Started following the Spurs on the radio in 1976, went to see them at Hemisfair in 1977. Done for.

The Spurs are my main rooting interest. There really isn't another NBA team I root for, unless they happen to be playing the Lakers or the Mavs. Or maybe the Jazz.

blkroadrunners
01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Born and raised in SA, but I didn't seriously get into them until the playoffs of 1998.

MinuteByMinuteSports
01-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Went to my first Spurs game in 1998

Spurs/Blazers the alamodome was rockin

iManu
01-08-2011, 07:41 AM
In 1986, my Dad went on a trip to Phoenix and brought home a Spurs T-Shirt and a Suns T-Shirt, for me and my brother.

Guess who got the raw end of that deal.

To this day, he basically hates me. He punched me in the face when the Suns lost to the Bulls in the Championship. When Roger Mason Jr. hit that shot a few years ago, it basically ruined my Christmas.

Roger Mason Jr. ruined my Christmas.

TE
01-08-2011, 07:48 AM
When they won the finals in 1999. Such a badass time, being a kid and all.

mingus
01-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Ime Udoka.

Creepn
01-08-2011, 09:15 AM
When I was selected to the Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood in the 3rd grade. I had gotten free tickets (in the nosebleed section!!:bang) next to a wall that said "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood" and I had gotten an autographed picture from the Admiral aaaaaand a free combo from Church's Chicken lol.

Been a fan since.

Rebounds
01-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I was a total homer on anything San Antonio, especially coming off a college experience of national championships. To me the Spurs were WINNERS, they filled my sports needs so admirably.

SPURS vs THE WORLD!!!

GinobiliForTres
01-08-2011, 12:12 PM
If'n you aint followed the Spurs since at least the 1990's, you ain't nothing.

You ain't nothing:)

i gotta explain myself here lol.

i am 17. from the looks, sounds like i'm very young compared to most guys around here haha. i live in kentucky. nobody but the UK Wildcats to root for here. so, i didn't find NBA till around 07-08. I knew about it but it never interested me. i started watching the games, keeping track of who they played, their record, when they played, etc. i'm a VERY enthusaistic fan when it comes to San Antonio.

if i had the honor of being a home SA fan and being a fan since the 90s, i would have done it. sadly, it wasn't that way.

Sotongball21
01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
when spurs beat lakers on 2003 playoffs

This. i was 10 then.

Fireball
01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
As bad as it sounds, I was a fan of Dominique Wilkins and seeing the Spurs fighting in 1996-97 without The Admiral impressed me. Then came Tim Duncan which pretty much sealed the deal. Plus: Black is my favorite color !!!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Just moving to SA made me a fan when I was younger. And the games against the Lakers

spurs1990
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
i gotta explain myself here lol.

i am 17. from the looks, sounds like i'm very young compared to most guys around here haha. i live in kentucky. nobody but the UK Wildcats to root for here. so, i didn't find NBA till around 07-08. I knew about it but it never interested me. i started watching the games, keeping track of who they played, their record, when they played, etc. i'm a VERY enthusaistic fan when it comes to San Antonio.

if i had the honor of being a home SA fan and being a fan since the 90s, i would have done it. sadly, it wasn't that way.

You know its funny. THere are so many posters who were BORN in the 90's. Kinda hard to follow this team when you're still learning your abc's.

Here's a cool fact. In ya'lls entire lifetime the Spurs have had only ONE losing season and of course only missed the playoffs one time!

Anyway pretty cool seeing Spurs fans generate extemporaneously.

PublicOption
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Defense!

GinobiliForTres
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
You know its funny. THere are so many posters who were BORN in the 90's. Kinda hard to follow this team when you're still learning your abc's.

Here's a cool fact. In ya'lls entire lifetime the Spurs have had only ONE losing season and of course only missed the playoffs one time!

Anyway pretty cool seeing Spurs fans generate extemporaneously.

I knew that it was the season Robinson was injured that they won about 20 games. I also knew it was the season before Timmy's arrival. 96'-97' seaon, right?

spurs1990
01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I knew that it was the season Robinson was injured that they won about 20 games. I also knew it was the season before Timmy's arrival. 96'-97' seaon, right?

You're right. That team was a motley crew. The greatest dunker of all time Dominique headlined the roster, then you had Rockets rejects Carl Herrera and Vernon Maxwell also part of the core. Just imagine if the Spurs' numbers not come up in the lottery. I don't think there would even be a San Antonio franchise if that was the case.

Good thing we tanked...errrrr...were hindered by so many injuries that season.:lol

JR3
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I grew up in SA. It was all about DRob back in 1992 when I first started watching them religiously. Been loyal ever since.

Ross Parrot
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Bruce Bowen. 2004-2005. Fell in love with the defense.

JR3
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd like to extend the olive branch and offer you guys a seat with Laker Nation.

It's a lifetime of happiness, and a better future for your children.

Thank you kind sir. Being that Kobe is known for throwing his team under the bus, and he will probably throw his fans under the bus soon too, I'm gonna decline. Oh... and the door doesn't swing both ways. :toast

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-08-2011, 07:45 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/07/02/rubio.wait/david-robinson.jpg

UnWantedTheory
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
San Antonio firstly. Secondly, it would have to be the Spurs.

Honestly, being from SA & being a sports fan, it was just a natural connection. Also, I grew up loving all Texas teams...Kinda.

UnWantedTheory
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
OH! Also, you can't help but respect the organization, so that doesn't hurt.

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
There are a bunch of young 'uns on ST. They should put a kid's table up in here.

Capt Bringdown
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
There are a bunch of young 'uns on ST. They should put a kid's table up in here.

Ha, a good memory of the good old days. At family get-togethers, a kid's table in another room.

And the kids get served last, after the adults have had all the best pickin's.
I'll bet that don't happen too often nowadays.

Not really a fan of ageism, so this is tongue in cheek:

-Buying beer from the dude with Pearl beer keg/backpack contraption with nary a care about being underage or getting carded.

-Moving down from the cheap seats to the primo seats and nobody gives a darn, and you don't get accosted by an usher.

-Smoke if you got 'em

-Ice, Jimmy Si, The Whopper, Mr K, Sugar, Doug Moe

If you don't remember these things, you ain't nothin'