PDA

View Full Version : How would this team fare in the playoffs?

MavFan6488
01-07-2011, 07:44 AM
starting 5: Kidd - Roddy - SJax - Dirk - Chandler

Coming off the bench: Marion, Terry, Stevenson, Haywood, Cardinal, Barea.

rickross
01-07-2011, 07:54 AM
2nd round tbh.

Muser
01-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I'd say WCF with a slim shot at the Finals.

endrity
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I'd say WCF with a slim shot at the Finals.

It depends a lot on Captain Jack, if he's playing his best ball, it has a shot at the Finals. If he's a petulant, bad-shot selection type of player, we're lucky to make it to the second.

Cry Havoc
01-07-2011, 09:13 AM

No one on the starting 5 will play defense outside of Chandler. 2nd round, tops. Kidd and Roddy get burned routinely, we all know about Dirk, and SJax is a horrible defender.

Muser
01-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Dirk is a decent defender, not saying he's the second coming of Olajuwon but he is capable. Agree that Kidd and Roddy would get burned but tbh the potential offense of those 3, coupled with Marion/Terry* off the bench would make up for it.

*That's if Terry shows up.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
No one on the starting 5 will play defense outside of Chandler. 2nd round, tops. Kidd and Roddy get burned routinely, we all know about Dirk, and SJax is a horrible defender.

im a little curious as to where this notion that Roddy is an awful defender that people have? he is actually very good at sticking his man, and puts forth full effort. his only real issues on defense were that he was a rookie and still clearly wasnt fully integrated into the concept of team defense, and that he is small and gets eaten up on picks. but straight man to man defense, he is quite good

cheguevara
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
threepeat easily

monosylab1k
01-07-2011, 10:20 AM

uhhhhhhh what?

you do realize that basically everybody else on earth that watches the game of basketball thinks Jackson is a solid defender, right? when motivated of course, but still, I don't know how anybody could come to the conclusion that he's a "horrible" defender.

rickross
01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
ima gonna say one thang: ZERO points in the paint.

You can't win without points in the paint. Not a ring anyways, maybe a series but not a ring.

Killakobe81
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM

so what did they give up to get Sjax? Caron and a draft pick?

Phillip
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
uhhhhhhh what?

you do realize that basically everybody else on earth that watches the game of basketball thinks Jackson is a solid defender, right? when motivated of course, but still, I don't know how anybody could come to the conclusion that he's a "horrible" defender.

It's pretty obvious that Cry Havoc doesnt know shit about the Mavs when he says that Beaubois, Dirk, and SJax are all horrible defenders. Perhaps he should see how much the defense has suffered since Dirk went out, and not statistically, but by simply watching and seeing how frequently other people who try to fill his role are constantly out of position on defense, and do a shit job of rebounding.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
ima gonna say one thang: ZERO points in the paint.

You can't win without points in the paint. Not a ring anyways, maybe a series but not a ring.

Roddy and Marion are PIP machines

rickross
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Roddy and Marion are PIP machines

against whom? Da reserves? Roddy didnt even play yet and marion is known for his streches. Mavs is playin great right now but if they play a series wit somebody doubleteamin/markin dirk seriously and da stakes are high who gonna show up and drive da ball to put pressure on D?. Roddy? Marion? when did marion do shit in da playoffs?

Son u need to wake up. Mavs need a scorer in the playoffs or else its another 1/2 round exit.

ohmwrecker
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
SJax would be a good pick up for the Mavs, but not much more than a lateral move. The Mavs championship chances would not be increased imo.

Shank
01-07-2011, 11:30 AM
SJax would be a good pick up for the Mavs, but not much more than a lateral move. The Mavs championship chances would not be increased imo.

How would it be lateral? He'd be replacing a guy that's out for the season. Meaning, he'd actually be playing. Please explain.

ohmwrecker
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
How would it be lateral? He'd be replacing a guy that's out for the season. Meaning, he'd actually be playing. Please explain.

Lateral in the sense that the wouldn't be significantly better than they were before Butler was injured, obviously. The Mavs would still be a good team (as they already were) and have a good shot at the finals.

Take it easy, bubba.

Darthkiller
01-07-2011, 12:01 PM
ok let's say they meet the spurs in the playoff.

no way roddy can guard manu, manu would just go off for 50 on him. you cant have a 6'0 guy starting at 2 guard.

MavFan6488
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM

no way roddy can guard manu, manu would just go off for 50 on him. you cant have a 6'0 guy starting at 2 guard.
kidd would guard manu..and kidd is not a bad defender. he looks bad against chris paul, deron williams and those guys but he can defend bigger guards quite well

MavFan6488
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
so what did they give up to get Sjax? Caron and a draft pick?
pretty much.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM

2 things

1 - roddy obviously wouldnt guard manu. he would guard parker.

2 - its not all about one-on-one defense, especially with the mavs defensive system. its heavily reliant on good team defense, and not many (if any) teams in the NBA this year play team defense as well as the Mavs. having great team defenders like Kidd, Marion, Dirk, and Chandler will make a huge difference in whomever Roddy guards, although Roddy isnt nearly as bad of a defender as some people make him out to be. In straight 1-on-1 defense, he's quite good, with his 6-10 wingspan, extreme quickness, and active hands. he might be a bit small, and get eaten up on picks, and post-ups, but thats when team defense comes into play. then again, i doubt TP will be posting him up much.

ButtHurt Committee
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't you guys get tired of being in a hypothetical situation?

"What if my cock was 5 inches instead of 3 inches... hmmm.":lol

Darthkiller
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
2 things

1 - roddy obviously wouldnt guard manu. he would guard parker.

2 - its not all about one-on-one defense, especially with the mavs defensive system. its heavily reliant on good team defense, and not many (if any) teams in the NBA this year play team defense as well as the Mavs. having great team defenders like Kidd, Marion, Dirk, and Chandler will make a huge difference in whomever Roddy guards, although Roddy isnt nearly as bad of a defender as some people make him out to be. In straight 1-on-1 defense, he's quite good, with his 6-10 wingspan, extreme quickness, and active hands. he might be a bit small, and get eaten up on picks, and post-ups, but thats when team defense comes into play. then again, i doubt TP will be posting him up much.

jason kidd would have even less of a chance of guarding manu ...

rickross
01-07-2011, 12:55 PM

mavfan has an even less of chance to understand this.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM

obviously you dont understand shit about the concept of team defense, as explain in my second point, you stupid dumb FUCK

Phillip
01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
mavfan has an even less of chance to understand this.

rickross has no chance of ever getting laid with his godawful fucking rapping

rickross
01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
obviously you dont understand shit about the concept of team defense, as explain in my second point, you stupid dumb FUCK

bitch dont understand team defense is bukkaked by smart "makin da extra pass" offense like spurs is playin. u FAIL lil ho, naw go suck on dat cock u left when u come 2 post.

rick ross get da best o south beach niglet. Acknowledge dat.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 01:20 PM
bitch dont understand team defense is bukkaked by smart "makin da extra pass" offense like spurs is playin. u FAIL lil ho, naw go suck on dat cock u left when u come 2 post.

rick ross get da best o south beach niglet. Acknowledge dat.

nigga i will slap the black out of you

rickross
01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
nigga i will slap the black out of you

nigglet duntcha see yo pussy ass is already in the cobbla club. No legs homie. Ima trip u and then ima take a big fat one on yo face.

Son go back 2 da playground yo outta yo league.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
nigglet duntcha see yo pussy ass is already in the cobbla club. No legs homie. Ima trip u and then ima take a big fat one on yo face.

Son go back 2 da playground yo outta yo league.

You ever heard of rolling twenties, nigga? Since I was sixteen, nigga, I'm saying "frosty." You know what I'm saying? "Spoon", nigga. We fucked dwarves in the ass!

rickross
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
You ever heard of rolling twenties, nigga? Since I was sixteen, nigga, I'm saying "frosty." You know what I'm saying? "Spoon", nigga. We fucked dwarves in the ass!

son check out da gay spurstalk poster thread If you feelin lonely .. made specially for lone asses like u homie who b serchin for some love.