PDA

View Full Version : Report: John Edwards Proposes to Mistress Rielle Hunter

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Pardon my French, but what a disgusting, piece of shit excuse of a human being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RALEIGH, N.C. ( KTLA (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/economy-business-finance/media/television-industry/ktla-ORCRP000008770.topic)) -- Former presidential candidate John Edwards has reportedly proposed to mistress Rielle Hunter (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/entertainment/rielle-hunter-PECLB004336.topic) just weeks after his estranged wife Elizabeth Edwards (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/elizabeth-edwards-PEPLT004855.topic) died of cancer.

The National Enquirer (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/services-shopping/books-magazines/national-enquirer-PRDPER000002.topic) is reporting that Edwards proposed to Hunter just three weeks after burying his wife of 33 years.

The Enquirer initially exposed the 2008 affair between Hunter and Edwards. The two have a now 2-year-old daughter, Frances Quinn, together.

According to the tabloid, Edwards introduced his three children with Elizabeth to Rielle and Frances Quinn at a North Carolina (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/us/north-carolina-PLGEO100100900000000.topic) restaurant last month.

The paper quotes an unnamed source as saying, "John pledged his undying love, and promised her that one day they would all "become one big, happy family."

Rielle also allegedly told Edwards' children to "Call me Mommy!"

A source told CBS news that the report of the engagement was "inaccurate."

Edwards initially denied the affair, which occurred during his 2008 presidential run. He later admitted he "made a mistake" after the affair was made public.

Elizabeth and John Edwards separated last January.

Drachen
01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Wow, I guess time was of the essence.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I wonder if his kids talk to him. I honestly don't know if I would if I were in their shoes.

JudynTX
01-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm not surprised by this. Men will be men. :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM

:rolleyes

Right...cause it's not like she knew he was married (pre-scandal) or anything...

It takes two to tango.

JudynTX
01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
:rolleyes

Right...cause it's not like she knew he was married (pre-scandal) or anything...

It takes two to tango.

:lol She's a whore. I'm not siding with her at all.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
:lol She's a whore. I'm not siding with her at all.

:toast

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
It takes two to tango.
"Men are men" blah blah blah.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Fuck you. Let me know when women cheat less than men.

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Fuck you. Let me know when women cheat less than men.

Wait .... what? After years and years of reading this forum, I've learned that men are hardwired to cheat, and as a female who isn't getting any younger I should just resign myself to the fact that my man will be out hunting strange sooner or later.

You mean that's not entirely accurate? :lol

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
And I'm glad Elizabeth cut him out of her will ... what a colossal dirtbag. :fro

thispego
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
lol viva is like a chick

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
And I'm glad Elizabeth cut him out of her will ... what a colossal dirtbag. :fro

Yeah. That was pretty cold but well deserved.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Wait .... what? After years and years of reading this forum, I've learned that men are hardwired to cheat, and as a female who isn't getting any younger I should just resign myself to the fact that my man will be out hunting strange sooner or later.

You mean that's not entirely accurate? :lol

Just because he'll be prowling for strange in a few years doesn't mean he'll stop loving you.

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Just because he'll be prowling for strange in a few years doesn't mean he'll stop loving you.

That's so sweet. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
:lmao
Sad to say but I think that really does happen.

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Good thing I like cats, then. :)

tlongII
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
This shit happens all the time. Edwards is just being a dude is all.

JudynTX
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
This shit happens all the time. Edwards is just being a dude is all.

That's what I said.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Yikes. To think, this guy ran for President. What a dumbass.

Sisk
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
What a cunt

JoeChalupa
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
He could have waited a little longer at least.

JudynTX
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
He could have waited a little longer at least.

How long should a spouse wait before they start dating again? :lol

oh crap
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
:lmao:lmao

what was it viva was saying about giving a guy a chance at starting over again?? but yeah, you're right... this is so much worse than abandoning your wife and kids to live life on the streets because of your booze and crack addiction. makes sense now...

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM

At least until their body is cold in the ground, IMO. :spin

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM

what was it viva was saying about giving a guy a chance at starting over again?? but yeah, you're right... this is so much worse than abandoning your wife and kids to live life on the streets because of your booze and crack addiction. makes sense now...

I believe I said "better"ing his life which isn't exactly hopping on another piece of ass when his ex isn't even worm food. All that and he was slicing into this woman while elizabeth was still glowing in the dark.

JudynTX
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM
At least until their body is cold in the ground, IMO. :spin

Well I think he's been dating her all this time anyway. :D

MannyIsGod
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html

MannyIsGod
01-07-2011, 04:22 PM

I do think Edwards is pretty fucking scummy but I can also understand why he's doing this. He probably feels isolated as shit right now (rightfully so) and this is how he reacts. Thats the way I see it.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html

Man. I couldn't even read it all.

oh crap
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
pretty scummy for sure but the contradiction was just too much to ignore. i agree this move was in bad taste.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Yes, trying to find redemption is the same thing as marrying the woman you cheated on your wife with. At least he waited until she was in the ground... that's something.

oh crap
01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
tell that to his kids he left behind at the tender age of 7 and under. if this was only about the adultery you might be on to something, though the bottle and the crack pipe were the other guy's mistress that he chose, but when you add children to the equation i think it's obvious who the bigger scum back is here. so save that bullshit for someone else, edwards is in the wrong but his kids have never gone hungry because of it. i liked elizabeth edwards and was sad to see her go, she certainly didn't deserve to be stepped out on but let's not pretend that this is in any way worse than that hobo just because edwards is a political figure.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
pretty scummy for sure but the contradiction was just too much to ignore. i agree this move was in bad taste.

I don't think it was contradictory at all. Not that I'm giving TW a pass on what he did in anyway. I didnt even know he did that to his children but he was under control of drugs and alcohol. I know they both had addictions but being addicted to vagina, to me, is a bit more laughable than drugs and alcohol. That is if anyone has the statistics on that. The way I see it TW is bein given an opportunity to right his wrong and I wish him well. In no way shape or form is Johnny boy righting his wrong here. It's a pretty selfish act IMHO.

SpursWoman
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, trying to find redemption is the same thing as marrying the woman you cheated on your wife with. At least he waited until she was in the ground... that's something.

That's the problem ... she wasn't in the ground yet. He was screwing that girl and knocking her up while she was still getting plugged into the chemo drip. And then couldn't wait a month for her to be in the ground before he proposed.

But then, I guess you really can't expect a man like that to have any taste or decorum or respect for the woman he married whatsoever ... so, there you go.

BlairForceDejuan
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Not all men cheat. Some people do have morals. Edwards was a piece of shit politician/lawyer.

koriwhat
01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
who gives a fuck!?

some people have nothing better in their lives and so they gossip and try to butt-in to others affairs. deal with your own shit!

ploto
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Marrying another woman when you are dead seems less offensive than screwing her while you are alive.

redzero
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Marrying another woman when you are dead seems less offensive than screwing her while you are alive.

I didn't know that dead people can marry.

4>0rings
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
All you scorned and angry women should get back at your loved ones by dating me, what do you say?

Jacob1983
01-08-2011, 03:05 AM
It's not what you know. It's what you can prove.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-08-2011, 03:12 AM
ttiwwp

benefactor
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone who works in a hospital can tell you that the street basically runs both way with women and men cheating/whoring.

sickdsm
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM

The question should be How long should a spouse wait after there married before they start dating someone else?

He never stopped dating.

sickdsm
01-08-2011, 03:54 PM
That's the problem ... she wasn't in the ground yet. He was screwing that girl and knocking her up while she was still getting plugged into the chemo drip. And then couldn't wait a month for her to be in the ground before he proposed.

But then, I guess you really can't expect a man like that to have any taste or decorum or respect for the woman he married whatsoever ... so, there you go.

But I thought it was just Repubs that didn't respect women??????

CuckingFunt
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
The mistake was in fucking and knocking up someone else while married and while his wife was fighting cancer. After all of that, there's nothing he could have done in this situation to avoid looking like an asshole: marry the girlfriend right away and it shows a lack of respect for your wife and kids, wait to marry the girlfriend and it shows a lack of commitment to the new family.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I think boning her while Elizabeth could glow in the dark was showing enough commitment along with keeping the baby, tbh. But I understand what you're saying.

JudynTX
01-10-2011, 08:46 AM
:lol Supposedly they aren't engaged now.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-10-2011, 10:20 AM
White people :lmao

mrsmaalox
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Eh, I'd been reading all along that it was just a rumor anyway...

Viva Las Espuelas
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
So was the relationship AND baby that was reported in the same rag.
Both of which Edwards denied. Initially.