PDA

View Full Version : Mavfans: If you had to choose between these two options...

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
1) Dirk retires as a Mav without any rings

2) Dirk goes to another team in the twilight of his career and gets a ring as a #2 or #1b

Which would you rather have?

clambake
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM

MavDynasty
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
2 imo.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
As Dirk has said numerous times before, winning a title with any other team besides Dallas wouldn't mean as much to him.

Phillip
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM

I just want to see him win a ring. He's busted his ass more than enough to deserve one.

Blake
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
1 = no ring for mavs

2 = possibility of ring for mavs

Muser
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Him and McDyess are the 2 guys I really want to see win a ring.

Jose Canseco
01-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Those of you who chose #2, would you change your mind if that other team was either the Lakers with Kobe still on the team or the Heat with Wade and LeBron?

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Those of you who chose #2, would you change your mind if that other team was either the Lakers with Kobe still on the team or the Heat with Wade and LeBron?

Jam with the hard-hitting questions

I-Ball
01-07-2011, 06:04 PM

if he wins the finals mvp, then yes.....maybe.

Mugen
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
what if he rang with the spurs?

Phillip
01-07-2011, 06:23 PM

I like Kobe so thats fine, as long as Matt Barnes doesnt get a ring.

I like Bron as well and want him to get a ring, so that would be cool too.

Koolaid_Man
01-07-2011, 06:48 PM
1) Dirk retires as a Mav without any rings

2) Dirk goes to another team in the twilight of his career and gets a ring as a #2 or #1b

Which would you rather have?

Maria I presume that's your wife's name has less than 2 months before the citizenship test...I'm keeping an eye on this...I hope you been tutoring her...but then again you are redneck so that may not be a good idea...:lol

http://www.happycountdown.com/citizenship/

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Maria I presume that's your wife's name has less than 2 months before the citizenship test...I'm keeping an eye on this...I hope you been tutoring her...but then again you are redneck so that may not be a good idea...:lol

http://www.happycountdown.com/citizenship/

Actually, she has her test in less than a month.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know more about politics and history than you do.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I asked because Boston had relatively the same situation with Ray Bourque, and most Boston fans were happy to see him get a ring with another team.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I asked because Boston had relatively the same situation with Ray Bourque, and most Boston fans were happy to see him get a ring with another team.

Were they happy to see Wade Boggs win a ring?

:stirpot:

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Were they happy to see Wade Boggs win a ring?

:stirpot:

Not as much.

You go to our main rivals, all bets are off. Therefore, any player who went to the Lakers, Canadiens, or Yankees gets shunned. (Pats don't have a historical rivalry with any team to the point where we'd shun someone, not even Adam Automatic going to the Colts.)

There are plenty of other teams that the player could go to besides the main rival, goes the thought process.

I don't think of the Mavs having a singular-type rival though. (Rivalries, yes, in the same way that Celtics-Sixers was a rivalry, but not like Celtics-Lakers.)

Jose Canseco
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM

True, but hockey is a unique sport in that a really good player can play 20 years and into his early 40s. Didn't Bourque play for the Bruins for 20 years before he went to Colorado? I don't think any Boston fan could honestly not feel good about him winning a ring after 20 years of service. Also, while it's been quite a long time, at least the Bruins had won championships in the past. So it didn't sting as much to see Bourque win one with another team before the team actually won one. Plus, I don't think the Avalanche was some hated rival of Boston.

I do see the similarities though. Boggs might be the better comparison, as just suggested.

Jose Canseco
01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
So Rick Fox isn't going to get his jersey number retired in Boston?

Koolaid_Man
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Actually, she has her test in less than a month.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know more about politics and history than you do.

If she doesn't pass or if she cheats ( which I suspect an illegal to do) wouldn't you agree the penalty should be severe...I'm talking deportation...snotty nosed tardling in tow...:lol

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
True, but hockey is a unique sport in that a really good player can play 20 years and into his early 40s. Didn't Bourque play for the Bruins for 20 years before he went to Colorado? I don't think any Boston fan could honestly not feel good about him winning a ring after 20 years of service. Also, while it's been quite a long time, at least the Bruins had won championships in the past. So it didn't sting as much to see Bourque win one with another team before the team actually won one. Plus, I don't think the Avalanche was some hated rival of Boston.

I do see the similarities though. Boggs might be the better comparison, as just suggested.

Bourque played 21 seaons (had to doublecheck on the wikipedia page), and played EXTREMELY well, so fans felt he was due (much like Dirk). And actually, not only was Boston happy he had won a ring, but they actually threw a parade for him.

Fans pretty much hated what our owner did to the franchise. Anyone who thinks Cuban is bad should look at the Bruins owner. (Bill Simmons has shared his hatred.)

And like you said, the Avalanche weren't a hated rival either. I said above, if you go to the Yankees, Lakers of Canadiens, all bets are off.

Ray Bourque was the epitome of class too. After he won the championship, he came back to Boston and is a spokesman for various causes. Boston couldn't ask for a better sports hero/role model.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
If she doesn't pass or if she cheats ( which I suspect an illegal to do) wouldn't you agree the penalty should be severe...I'm talking deportation...snotty nosed tardling in tow...:lol

Are you actually trying to troll me here? I don't see what you're trying to accomplish.

Koolaid_Man
01-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Are you actually trying to troll me here? I don't see what you're trying to accomplish.

I told you I don't believe in trolling..I think the word is disgusting...I think you're cool Lngrrr and I'm trying to simply have a conversation with one of my white friends...granted a friend who happens to clean military toilets for a living and who has an illegal alien wife and a tardling on his hands...but none of that matters to me...

I want to bury the hatchet between us...I could use you down the road. I want to know more about your life and people you pal around with...Hey I could even help your wife accomplish her goals if you're willing to allow me in...this is what I do...

koriwhat
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
forget about the rest of the lyrics except the ones that count... never gonna get it!

Xpugp6DIb3I

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I told you I don't believe in trolling..I think the word is disgusting...I think you're cool Lngrrr and I'm trying to simply have a conversation with one of my white friends...granted a friend who happens to clean military toilets for a living and who has an illegal alien wife and a tardling on his hands...but none of that matters to me...

I want to bury the hatchet between us...I could use you down the road. I want to know more about your life and people you pal around with...Hey I could even help your wife accomplish her goals if you're willing to allow me in...this is what I do...

cool story brah

21_Blessings
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM

:bking

Koolaid_Man
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
cool story brah

yeah I feel you my white nigga....I wouldn't want that 12 foot dick slangin nigga Kool around my girl either...:lmao

she get a chance to feel all that meat it's cyanora Lngrrr...

DPG21920
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
:cry great player

LnGrrrR
01-07-2011, 09:53 PM
yeah I feel you my white nigga....I wouldn't want that 12 foot dick slangin nigga Kool around my girl either...:lmao

she get a chance to feel all that meat it's cyanora Lngrrr...

It's spelled sayonara.

Also, I think your "12 ft dick" comment might be a slight exaggeration.

ezau
01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Dirk needs to ring with the Spurs.

pad300
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Come to the dark side, Dirk.

Give in to your rage...

monosylab1k
01-07-2011, 11:36 PM

fine with me.

I want Dirk to win a ring almost as much as I want the Mavs to win a ring. I'd be almost as happy to see Dirk win one as a Spur or Laker as I would to see the Mavs win a ring. Conversely, it would kill me if the Mavs somehow won a title but Dirk wasn't here and he never got one.

Ghazi
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
ghost ring of 2006 :cry :cry

ElNono
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I told you I don't believe in trolling..

:lmao

That's like saying you're not gay... :lmao

ElNono
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Only one Mavfan picked #1? I thought they were more selfish, tbh

Yorae
01-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Dirk over here...we have cookies....

BoricuaCJA
01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
As Dirk has said numerous times before, winning a title with any other team besides Dallas wouldn't mean as much to him.
But would still mean a lot to him.

JamStone
01-08-2011, 12:24 AM
fine with me.

I want Dirk to win a ring almost as much as I want the Mavs to win a ring. I'd be almost as happy to see Dirk win one as a Spur or Laker as I would to see the Mavs win a ring. Conversely, it would kill me if the Mavs somehow won a title but Dirk wasn't here and he never got one.

Would be amazing to watch Dirk and Manu out-clutch each other every other play down the stretch in a close game.

BoricuaCJA
01-08-2011, 12:26 AM
I would love for him to win a ring anywhere except LA.

LnGrrrR
01-08-2011, 12:33 AM
fine with me.

Well said. I felt bad for Nomar the year the Sox won.