PDA

View Full Version : The only black Pizza Hut franchise owner lets his people down, lives up to stereotype

BRHornet45
01-07-2011, 10:36 PM
sons 44 Pizza Hut locations in Baton Rouge and New Orleans suddenly closed this past Monday because the franchise owner wouldn't pay his royalty and tax bills on time (if ever). This is a rare situation for a corporation to close THAT many locations all at once, but apparently this particular franchise owner has very long history of dragging ass to pay his bills and the company finally had enough of it. Don't get too excited though Papa Johns and Dominos in the area, Pizza Hut does say they intend to open many of the stores as corporate locations in the future.

sons my question is this ... if you own 44 Pizza Hut locations then you are obviously pretty damn well off and have a ton of cash flowing through your accounts ... why in the hell would you be that damn cheap and lazy with paying the most important bills that keep your business alive???

Pizza Hut Inc. said Wednesday that it will invest $10 million in its business in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, La., to make them flagship markets for the company.

The company said it will create state-of-the-art restaurants in new locations there in the next year and a half working in partnership with the National Urban League and the Urban League of Great New Orleans.

The chain's restaurants in the region used to be run by a franchisee who couldn't meet tax and corporate financial obligations and the restaurants were closed. The company said it is committed to rehiring former employees.

Pizza Hut said it has begun to identify locations for the new restaurants it will open in New Orleans and Baton Rouge this year and next.

“Throughout the relationship between Lundy Enterprises and Pizza Hut, Lundy Enterprises repeatedly failed to comply with its obligations to Pizza Hut under the Franchise Agreements including, but not limited to, its obligations to timely pay royalties, advertising fees and other related fees to Pizza Hut,” according to court documents.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-05/pizza-hut-invests-10-million-in-la-.html

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/story/Dozens-of-Pizza-Hut-restaurants-closing-because/b1QH1QrdqEqnPu4beuDKGQ.cspx

http://www.franchisetimes.com/images/editorial/Feb08_p46_01.jpg

4>0rings
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
You don't make money writing checks playa!

mouse
01-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Folks in the pizza business are some of the cheesiest people around.

Nick Manning
01-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Folks in the pizza business are some of the cheesiest people around.

When did you stop trying?

mouse
01-08-2011, 06:11 AM
When did you stop trying?

After I got my crust stuffed by papa John.

ChuckD
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually, the only stereotype lived up to is a businessman continuing to bleed money from a foundering business until it crashes into insolvency or bankruptcy, failing to meet obligations, and putting a shitload of people out of work. You don't have to be black to do that, and in fact, it's probably a rarity.

Sisk
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Actually, the only stereotype lived up to is a businessman continuing to bleed money from a foundering business until it crashes into insolvency or bankruptcy, failing to meet obligations, and putting a shitload of people out of work. You don't have to be black to do that, and in fact, it's probably a rarity.

lol

DMX7
01-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Why are you race baiting some much today, BR? :(

Slydragon
01-10-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't see the race card here.....I mean if it was at least a Popeye's I could see you stretching it.

Leetonidas
01-10-2011, 08:27 AM
After I got my crust stuffed by papa John.

Damn, I lol'd

PakiDan
01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Ok - I know alot of you are hoping this evolves fully into a pizzza pun thread, but before it does, Lundy was fully set on retiring in peace from his VP of development job of PepsiCo (Then owner of Pizza Hut) when the execs talked him into becoming the companies first minority franchisee. He invested 15 million in his first group of Pizza Huts, become a responsible citizen, adopted parks, bought equipment for the city including police uniforms AND succesfully ran and expanded his franchises before contracting terminal cancer. During this time, his franchises floundered. His cancer went into remission, and with the help of his brothers, he began to regain control of his restaurants and turn them around.... then hurricane Katrina hit... 38 of his 44 stores were significantly damaged. This guy tried despite two life altering setbacks to make his restaurants work. I think he's an absolute asset to his community.