PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride News.....

Blake
01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
In a remarkable turnabout, federal health officials say many Americans are now getting too much fluoride because of its presence not just in drinking water but in toothpaste, mouthwash and other products, and it's causing splotches on children's teeth and perhaps more serious problems.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced plans Friday to lower the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water for the first time in nearly 50 years, based on a fresh review of the science.

The announcement is likely to renew the battle over fluoridation, even though the addition of fluoride to drinking water is considered one of the greatest public health successes of the 20th century. The U.S. prevalence of decay in at least one tooth among teens has declined from about 90 percent to 60 percent.

The government first began urging municipal water systems to add fluoride in the early 1950s. Since then, it has been put in toothpaste and mouthwash. It is also in a lot of bottled water and in soda. Some kids even take fluoride supplements. Now, young children may be getting too much....

[more]

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/ap/us_med_fluoride_levels

Winehole23
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Apparently you can overdo it. Who woulda guessed?

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
You sound just like this other dude in here, Tyson_Chandler.

Blake
01-08-2011, 12:05 AM
No fucking shit? who woulda though you could get too much of a byproduct of industrial waste..

yes, it is sometimes possible to get too much of a good thing.

what evil motives do you think the government has in regards to the call for a reduction?

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 12:09 AM
You sound just like this other dude in here, Tyson_Chandler.

you still in denial about industrial sources for fluoride?

One conclusion: Youre clearly a hack troll asshole sheeple, perversely blinkered and subservient to your globalist masters.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Chump DUmp your fail on fluoride is still on full display.

Blake
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Chump DUmp your fail on fluoride is still on full display.

did you read the article in full?

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
did you read the article in full?

ayup. it undermines Chumps uninformed "skepticism" on at least 4-5 different issues.

What are you implying about the full article and Chump, Blake?

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
you still in denial about industrial sources for fluoride? What do you mean by "industrial"?

4>0rings
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
lol not taking into account other fluoride enhanced substances humans use every day BEFORE dumping a shitload into our water system.

Hooray America!

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Surely you're not arguing that the OP somehow turned your turds in erstwhile threads to gold. Adherence to that conclusion would be most unfortunate for you IMHO.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Surely you're not arguing that the OP somehow turned your turds in erstwhile threads to gold. Adherence to that conclusion would be most unfortunate for you IMHO.

can you read, WH?

Reading comprehension answers your own question. But that would prevent the dickish behavior...I understand....

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:16 AM
What do you mean by "industrial"?

Check in the other thread for what I mean by "industrial."

Use the search terms "waste" or "byproduct" for the most expedient results. Maybe "China" or "Chinese" as well.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:16 AM
The "What About Fluoride?" thread, I mean.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Back where it all began....

Q3y8uwtxrHo

7hW0_UMtsb4

5NFOnQQMnx4

Blake
01-08-2011, 01:18 AM
ayup. it undermines Chumps uninformed "skepticism" on at least 4-5 different issues.

What are you implying about the full article and Chump, Blake?

I didn't see anywhere that CD failed, myself. Since I tended to agree with his skepticism, I'd like to know which 4-5 different issues I'm also uniformed on.

Blake
01-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Check in the other thread for what I mean by "industrial."

Use the search terms "waste" or "byproduct" for the most expedient results. Maybe "China" or "Chinese" as well.

why the sudden turnaround by the dept of Health & Human Services, iyo?

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:26 AM
CD's fails from memory:

1. fluorosis claims were fos. 2. No illness stemming from overexposure (this article references bone issues) 3. EPA limits were safe

also rans: constitution doesnt protect us from being forced to take govt dosed medication, sensitive populations dont count

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 01:30 AM
why the sudden turnaround by the dept of Health & Human Services, iyo?

there has been a push to get publicity on this issue. The issue has been raised in many public forums throughout the country of late. Libertarians, conspiracy theorists, greenies, etc have united to push back on this issue. Maybe it worked.

Other than that, just someone at HHS seeing the additional incidents of fluorosis and conceding the obvious.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Pompous as he is dumb.

Deceitful too. Parker's characterizations of former states of the conversation are not to be trusted.

I wonder how far he thinks hand waving and lame appeals to authority get him. At any rate, he seems to be declaring victory.

Again.

Blake
01-08-2011, 01:43 AM
CD's fails from memory:

1. fluorosis claims were fos.

One reason behind the change: About 2 out of 5 adolescents have tooth streaking or spottiness because of too much fluoride, a government study found recently. In extreme cases, teeth can be pitted by the mineral — though many cases are so mild only dentists notice it. The problem is generally considered cosmetic and not a reason for serious concern.

2. No illness stemming from overexposure (this article references bone issues)

Maybe he said it, but I don't recall anyone saying that no illness would stem but overexposure. Unfortunately, I doubt you will go to the effort of proving anyone said that.

3. EPA limits were safe

Other than discoloration of the teeth, the EPA limits have not appeared to be high to cause any serious damage.

also rans: constitution doesnt protect us from being forced to take govt dosed medication, sensitive populations dont count

I thought it was made pretty clear that nobody is forcing anyone to drink unfiltered tap water.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 01:45 AM
can you read, WH? You are directing my attention to what, please?

Blake
01-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Other than that, just someone at HHS seeing the additional incidents of fluorosis and conceding the obvious.

so where do you think that leaves your theory of corporations saving money by having the waste by-product into our drinking systems?

seems to me that they will be taking a big financial hit if this is true.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 05:02 AM
:lol Parker doesn't even realize his pet theory just got destroyed.

Wild Cobra
01-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Apparently you can overdo it. Who woulda guessed?
Stop eating and drinking the toothpaste and mouthwash...

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Parker doesn't even realize his pet theory just got destroyed.It's even worse. He thinks it won. :lmao

RandomGuy
01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Parker doesn't even realize his pet theory just got destroyed.

It's even worse. He thinks it won. :lmao

Confirmation bias in action. Bloody textbook case if you ask me.

Read up on the wikipedia entries on cognative bias at some point. It makes for some fairly enlightening reading when one applies some of that to people who post in political forums.