PDA

View Full Version : 48 MOH: The Spurs win ugly, but not ugly-lucky

jag
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I got you d228

San Antonio Spurs 90, Indiana Pacers 87: The Spurs win ugly, but not ugly-lucky

Tim Duncan isn’t a robot. That much was obvious last night. With 1:10 left in the game, Duncan picked up a technical foul for arguing with the officials. The foul took a one possession game (83-86) to two possessions (83-87). Gregg Popovich could be seen pointing to his temple and mouthing the words “That’s bad” to Duncan as both teams cleared space for Darren Collison, Indiana’s designated free throw shooter. Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/san-antonio-spurs-pacers-duncan#more-12289)

TampaDude
01-08-2011, 11:27 AM
A win...

...is a win.

jag
01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Here’s the point: the Spurs came together in the fourth quarter and corrected their mistakes. They scored when they needed to score, and they played great defense for the final quarter. They didn’t luck their way into a 15-point comeback; they earned every point of it.

1-15 in the 4th can be attributed to a lot of things: good defense, luck, poor offense. But when it really mattered the Spurs got the ball out of Granger's hands and forced Hibbert to go 1 on 1 with Duncan. If that's luck then I like those odds.

Agloco
01-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Gregg Popovich could be seen pointing to his temple and mouthing the words “That’s bad” to Duncan as both teams cleared space for Darren Collison....

:lol

Bet Pop wanted to blow a gasket at that point.

lol deadpanning at the most opportune moment

Agloco
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
1-15 in the 4th can be attributed to a lot of things: good defense, luck, poor offense. But when it really mattered the Spurs got the ball out of Granger's hands and forced Hibbert to go 1 on 1 with Duncan. If that's luck then I like those odds.

Yeah, it works both ways I say. In Boston and NY, shots were dropping. Neither of those can be attributed completely to the D either.

Glad for the W, but I never thought they would pull it off.

Fpoonsie
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Does anybody have a vid of the TD tech as well as his staredown postgame?

I actually got fed up with the game and stopped the recording on my dvr midway through the 4th. Flipped on the Aggie game...which was even MORE frustrating.

Flux451
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Spurs are tough.

They have been discombobulated recently but have nearly won these poorly played games. Its great to seem them pull it together in times of stagnation, a true test for the playoffs.

DMC
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I think Pop was talking about the technical, not about the defense. Pop was probably telling Tim to keep his wits. He's the leader out there, cannot be getting technicals late in the game with the score that close.