PDA

View Full Version : Trade Talk

futureAE
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I love Richard Jefferson and what he has done and shown, but lets face it prince can do the same things with better defense. He is a Spur and has won it all before. His size would be well absorbed.

Personally i feel this deal would put us over the hump and give us some flexibility out of the season. It was a good deal on both ends. Richard put in time and got the contract stability he wanted and we can have a two way player in Prince.

I know it may be unwise to make a change up in the roster especially with what this group has accomplished but losing jeffersons offense can be absorbed, but gaining defense thats not there makes a difference.

The spurs might work a way into the melo deal. It was brought up before that they would throw a draft pick in to help facilitate a deal, so it might not be quite done.

Business wise letting Jefferson and Splitter go could bring high returns after all splitters value at this point could be rather high in a deal. With the right return i would ok such a trade.

In the espn trade machine, bringing in prince adds wins.

rascal
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I love Richard Jefferson and what he has done and shown, but lets face it prince can do the same things with better defense. He is a Spur and has won it all before. His size would be well absorbed.

Personally i feel this deal would put us over the hump and give us some flexibility out of the season. It was a good deal on both ends. Richard put in time and got the contract stability he wanted and we can have a two way player in Prince.

I know it may be unwise to make a change up in the roster especially with what this group has accomplished but losing jeffersons offense can be absorbed, but gaining defense thats not there makes a difference.

The spurs might work a way into the melo deal. It was brought up before that they would throw a draft pick in to help facilitate a deal, so it might not be quite done.

Business wise letting Jefferson and Splitter go could bring high returns after all splitters value at this point could be rather high in a deal. With the right return i would ok such a trade.

In the espn trade machine, bringing in prince adds wins.

Why do you think Splitter is so valuable? He is overvalued on Spurstalk, thats about it.

EricB
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Tayshaub prince? Lmao !!

futureAE
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Well some spurs players are over valued here and some are under valued, but lets face it, pop really doesn't give time to learn on the job. If your ready, your ready if not then support us from the bench. Splitter in some GM's eyes can be a valuable option.

yavozerb
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
:lol, wow, all I can say is :lol...You seriously need to never start another thread EVER..

gospursgojas
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
30-6

ChuckD
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Five years ago this would have been a trade to look at. Prince really only played hard for LB, and has been disrespectful of subsequent coaches. He's also skinny, weak, an average shooter at best, and done as a defender.

UnWantedTheory
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Five years ago this would have been a trade to look at. Prince really only played hard for LB, and has been disrespectful of subsequent coaches. He's also skinny, weak, an average shooter at best, and done as a defender.
My thoughts exactly.

Spurs da champs
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM

All he needs it motivation which he can get from pop he has shown glimpses of his old self throughout this season. Tho I wouldn't trade RJ for him. If their was another way I'd say we should.

timtonymanu
01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Tayshaun fuckin Prince? Are you serious?

I would take RJ any day over Prince.

jimo2305
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
RJ for Tayshaun Prince

http://threadgifs.com/data/media/1/4GIFsDotCom10.gif

Mal
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Get 13th and then RC could just turn his mobile off, and go to bahamas until draft

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Even ignoring the Prince part, Jefferson is pretty much untradeable(from a realistic trade standpoint, at least IMO)..with his apparent improvement, he's more valuable to the Spurs than anything they can get in return..

Splitter doesn't have much value at this point..

The Spurs don't really have much to trade..Bonner could have been a trade asset, since I'm sure some teams would value his shooting, but he's now on a long-term contract, so I think it would be tough..

Packaging McDyess and Blair is probably the best option, with McDyess possibly coming back..

I don't really see the Spurs making any significant moves though..

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:00 PM

+1. Isn't Prince is also dealing with back problems? Not sure if its its spasms, or if its disk related. But he had some issues with his back.

UnWantedTheory
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
+1. Isn't Prince is also dealing with back problems? Not sure if its its spasms, or if its disk related. But he had some issues with his back.
Other than last year & his rookie season, he has not missed a game. The back issues started last year? He has started all the games for the Pistons so far, but I am still not interested.

itzsoweezee
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
LMAO. Tayshuan Prince is fucking WASHED UP. Jefferson is ten times the player Prince is right now.

NPA

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
The only player I'm realistically interested in trading for is Grant Hill.

Chieflion
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
According to the ESPN results, it adds wins? ROFL, that's the best you got.

Mrlunt925
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM
According to the ESPN results, it adds wins? ROFL, that's the best you got.

Well if it adds wins according to ESPN it must be worthwhile, right? Lol.

DMC
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
There are plenty of players I would like to have on the Spurs roster. Prince isn't one of them. 5 years ago, hell yeah... not now.

Shane Battier would be ok if he was available. Grant Hill would be great. I wouldn't trade Blair for Prince straight up. Dice retires here. I wouldn't use him as a pawn for trading. I think doing that causes a greater team rift than it repairs.

frodo
01-08-2011, 08:44 PM
RJ + Splitter + trash for Pietrus + trashes

Pietrus has always been the guy i want to see on our squad tbqh, trigga plays hard D and also shoots well when/if playing in a system he fits.

DMC
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Petrius isn't all that. Otherwise he would still be in Orlando.

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
If only Sarver could be convinced that Matt Bonner IS the new centerpiece of the Suns franchise . . . .

8FOR!3
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
At least RJ isn't washed up, Tayshaun Prince sucks.

Pietrus does rock, but idk what I'd give up for him. Shouldn't take more than Jefferson, they're putting up similar numbers. Maybe a second rounder. What are the contracts like? Not that it would actually happen.

iManu
01-08-2011, 08:54 PM
The only player I'm realistically interested in trading for is Grant Hill.

I'm in full agreement. I would give up George or Blair, right now, for Grant Hill.

Grant Hill would put us wayyyy over the top. (I think he's a lot better than Prince, too. So the price is incredible.)

Additionally, why would the Pistons want RJ? That makes no sense for them.

8FOR!3
01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
George Hill or DeJuan Blair for Grant Hill?

Yeah, let's trade someone who will start for years to come for a guy who's 38 and has fucked ankles.

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 09:12 PM
George Hill or DeJuan Blair for Grant Hill?

Yeah, let's trade someone who will start for years to come for a guy who's 38 and has fucked ankles.

Win Now!

Admitted wishful thinking but, I think Grant Hill is the exact kind of player the Spurs need. It would be tough to give up Hill or Blair (not to mention, impossible because they are both on rookie contracts). Expiring contract. Helps the Spurs chances immensely at 5th LOB. Maybe signs for another year or two on the cheap. Why the fuck not?

Also, I don't think it was his ankles, but rather his heels that he had the issue with, but it seems like he has, inexplicably, gotten better every year since he had the big surgery.

spursnatic
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Fuck the dumb....Let's try and get Melo for RJ, Bonner, Splitter and a future pic or something?....

rascal
01-09-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm in full agreement. I would give up George or Blair, right now, for Grant Hill.

Grant Hill would put us wayyyy over the top. (I think he's a lot better than Prince, too. So the price is incredible.)

No way I trade either for Hill.
Hill is over the hill.

01-09-2011, 01:22 AM
i don't know if i see a trade happening. the spurs are barely skirting the bottom barrier of the luxury tax. usually a trade for better players involves taking in more salary as an incentive. not going to happen with the spurs unless peter holt has a dramatic change of heart and goes all in (again).

also, the spurs only have one trade filler, who is mcdyess. spurs will have to risk mcdyess going to another team (heat, lakers) and give up a young prospect. luckily the spurs have a lot of good young players to trade but the salaries will have to match almost perfectly. only way i see the spurs making a move to improve their team is signing a big who gets bought out to the minimum. better start hoping a decent break comes along.

arodz
01-09-2011, 01:22 AM

http://youmakemybutthurt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/headUpAss.jpg

mystargtr34
01-09-2011, 01:59 AM

:rollin

DrSteffo
01-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Another trade for Prince thread...:bang

iManu
01-09-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm sorry, but you guys have your head up your asses.

This year and next year, I assume, are the only years we have in the next 5, at the very least, until Lebron, Melo, and CP3's "superteam's" run are over.

Don't you trolls understand what will happen with the Heat, Knicks, Magic, (and any team that is willing to spend big over the salary cap)?

The Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs are nearly over the hill, but the Lakers and Celtics can/will spend.

If Hill and Blair perform, we'll have to sign them to big contracts:

do you want a combo guard and an undersized center to be the future of the Spurs?

I like Hill and Blair, but the NBA is rigged. Our top-heavyness depends solely on Tim Duncan. I love Manu and Tony, but without Duncan's wheels, I DON'T see it happening.

As much as I hate to say it, (and Manu and Duncan are my favorite players in the NBA (they replaced Robinson) and I'm so happy we grabbed Blair) Emmanuel Ginobili, Tony Parker, Blair, and Hill are all expendable in the name of the Spur's best future.

I'd like to see us keep Manu forever, but with the Spurs, he's got this year and next, TOPS, unless Tim opts out and resigns at pennies (a possibility, because he has owns the heart of Basketball) which possibly gives us the potential to add one premier player (depending on the CBA.)

UnWantedTheory
01-09-2011, 06:08 AM
I'm sorry, but you guys have your head up your asses.

This year and next year, I assume, are the only years we have in the next 5, at the very least, until Lebron, Melo, and CP3's "superteam's" run are over.

Don't you trolls understand what will happen with the Heat, Knicks, Magic, (and any team that is willing to spend big over the salary cap)?

The Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs are nearly over the hill, but the Lakers and Celtics can/will spend.

If Hill and Blair perform, we'll have to sign them to big contracts:

do you want a combo guard and an undersized center to be the future of the Spurs?

I like Hill and Blair, but the NBA is rigged. Our top-heavyness depends solely on Tim Duncan. I love Manu and Tony, but without Duncan's wheels, I DON'T see it happening.

As much as I hate to say it, (and Manu and Duncan are my favorite players in the NBA (they replaced Robinson) and I'm so happy we grabbed Blair) Emmanuel Ginobili, Tony Parker, Blair, and Hill are all expendable in the name of the Spur's best future.

I'd like to see us keep Manu forever, but with the Spurs, he's got this year and next, TOPS, unless Tim opts out and resigns at pennies (a possibility, because he has owns the heart of Basketball) which possibly gives us the potential to add one premier player (depending on the CBA.)
I'm confused here. What is the suggestion? And please tell me who? I seriously hope you are not advocating a 31 year old Prince who has lost a step. As far as Hill or Blair go, at least they are young. Who could we possibly get for them at this point that will help more than them for #5? If it is possible to get rid of them and increase our chances, than I am in...but I have not read one thing lately that would have that happen.

100%duncan
01-09-2011, 06:38 AM
10 posts. Stupid shit. Who the hell listens on the espn trade machine