PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes With Torn Lateral Meniscus

Ashy Larry
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
http://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/23874898506027008

Matt Barnes has a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee, will miss several weeks (no official timetable yet). Surgery early next week.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Hopefully he gets well soon

Banzai
01-08-2011, 06:15 PM
More Luke Walton....http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/215yc2_2.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5351)

MavDynasty
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Laker fans,how has Matt barnes been this year?shit or has he been solid?

YoMamaIsCallin
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Here's more:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/01/barnes-has-torn-cartilage-in-his-right-knee-will-miss-several-weeks.html

Too bad for the Lakers, Barnes was playing well for them. But they'll get him back in time to get ready for the playoffs.

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Short term.
This.
Fucking.
sucks.

Nagatives: Barnes was our best SF at moving without the ball ...and he gives us an edge. But no excuses we need to man up. Even if he misses 2 months plenty of time to be ready for playoffs.

Positives: Ron HAS to play now. Maybe ron was looking over his shoulder and PJ had a crutch. Now ron can step up and close out games and get in a rhythmn ...if Luke gives us nada now Ebanks gets a chance to shine. This sucks for Barnes going in to a contract year ...but maybe we sign him on the cheap.

If we HAVE to make a move ... I would love to pry Grant hill from Phoenix. Yes we get even older ...but he would be aperfect fit for what we need, and even artest would have to respect sitting for a vet like Hill ...

TheChillFactor
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Goddamnit why couldnt it have been kobe?

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
and yes i know we have to next to nothing to offer the suns just sayng he is the perfect fit for our needs: savy, great cutting without the ball and a good playmaker. his 3 pt shot is not great but neither was Barnes ...

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Goddamnit why couldnt it have been kobe?

karma,bitch is a motherfucker. Your team is next ...

MavDynasty
01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
:cry 16th pick

DPG21920
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
karma,bitch is a motherfucker. Your team is next ...

If Karma was a b*tch, the Lakers would not exist with how Lakaluva, Kool and other Laker fans bash the Spurs and mock injuries.

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
:depressed

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Has Barnes and Artest been splitting minutes?

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
:cry 16th pick

i'll leave you be since i too am a Cowboys fan ...but you are wasting your time that does not bug me.
in fact everytime you mention it it proves that you remember something I wrote AND you prove that Im not a kobe fanbboi ...so thanks! :toast

Dunc n Dave
01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Spurs have had injuries to James Anderson and George Hill this year. Lakers bench turn now with Matt Barnes. They were lucky Mr. Kardashian's shoulder turned out ok the other night, looked worse than it was.

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Has Barnes and Artest been splitting minutes?

Yes. Ron was getting more but barnes was closing games at times ...

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Spurs have had injuries to James Anderson and George Hill this year. Lakers bench turn now with Matt Barnes. They were lucky Mr. Kardashian's shoulder turned out ok the other night, looked worse than it was.

James anderson would play as much as Ebanks or more appropriately splitter.
non factor. Hill is critical to your team no doubt but you guys have been blessed injury wise i hope it continues but odds are it wil not.

Ashy Larry
01-08-2011, 06:35 PM

remember Shawn Elliott calling Odom that damn near the entire game ???? That recent game vs the C's had a match up of two of the worst color analysts of all time ...... Heinsohn vs. Elliott. I couldn't help but flip through both channel to hear them cry and bitch .....

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:37 PM
remember Shawn Elliott calling Odom that damn near the entire game ???? That recent game vs the C's had a match up of two of the worst color analysts of all time ...... Heinsohn vs. Elliott. I couldn't help but flip through both channel to hear them cry and bitch .....

Elliott always gets a pass on here being it's a spurs forum. I watched the Spurs vs. C's thread and saw them bitching about tommy ...

Pot meet kettle. Both are pathetic homers ...

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Never good news to see a injured player.

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes. Ron was getting more but barnes was closing games at times ...

At least you got Artest, most teams lose a player of Barnes' caliber, their screwed, for example, Dallas losing Butler.

Ashy Larry
01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Elliott always gets a pass on here being it's a spurs forum. I watched the Spurs vs. C's thread and saw them bitching about tommy ...

pretty much..... I mean there were plays where it would be a charge and Heinsohn was screaming it's a block and Elliott's saying it's a good call. That shit was happening the entire night. My thumb damn near bled.

I know Stu Lantz wants the Lakers to win but dude calls it like it is and I have never heard him say "us" or "our".

Elliott'sa douche whistle.

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
James Anderson is as good or better than Barnes(in the minutes he has played in the NBA so far, he was a rotation SF right away), so his loss has definitely been a factor for the Spurs, especially with Ginobili having to continue to play more minutes than he should, and the fact that the Spurs don't have other youth on the wing(outside of Hill)..

As for Barnes, obviously a big loss for the Lakers..he has been much better than Artest this season, and this will either put more mileage on Kobe/Artest, or it will force the Lakers to play Walton and/or Ebanks, 2 scrubs..however, playing Walton might not be that bad, since he actually looks to feed the bigs in the post, even though he has no talent..

Barnes is one of the few Lakers with any foot speed/athleticism, so this makes them even slower, which is obviously troublesome..

Killakobe81
pretty much..... I mean there were plays where it would be a charge and Heinsohn was screaming it's a block and Elliott's saying it's a good call. That shit was happening the entire night. My thumb damn near bled.

I know Stu Lantz wants the Lakers to win but dude calls it like it is and I have never heard him say "us" or "our".

Our announcers arent very good without chick (IMHO) but to be fair, Im sure we were both "raised on" Chick and though he loved the Lakers more than anything (besides marge) but did his best to be fair ...so i think the Lakers have hired guys with that same philosophy. many of the smaller franchise markets hire homers like the Blazers, Cavs and spurs etc. But the Celtics have no excuse they are a huge market. How about a little sports journalistic integrity ...

Dunc n Dave

No denying that Elliott is a MAJOR Spurs homer, but I just don't see the "crying" you guys always talk about. His refs comments are usually in jest, or of a sarcastic nature. Even when the refs make questionable calls against a Spurs opponent he usually jokingly adds "I didn't see the foul there, but I LIKE the call!" Him being a former All Star and former Spur under Popvich, he provides insight into how Pop coaches and he KNOWS refereeing and usually voices he wants to see the refs let the guys play.

The NBA has been pussified now, compared to when he played the game.

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
No denying that Elliott is a MAJOR Spurs homer, but I just don't see the "crying" you guys always talk about. His refs comments are usually in jest, or of a sarcastic nature. Even when the refs make questionable calls against a Spurs opponent he usually jokingly adds "I didn't see the foul there, but I LIKE the call!" Him being a former All Star and former Spur under Popvich, he provides insight into how Pop coaches and he KNOWS refereeing and usually voices he wants to see the refs let the guys play.

The NBA has been pussified now, compared to when he played the game.

dude didnt even mention the possible travel on Manu's game winner last month. Even if you believe it was legit to not even mention it is ridiculous. even if he broke it down to prove he did not travel at least say something. I could provide plenty of other examples but you admit he is a homer ...so why bother? he sucks. yes it's good he has Pop insight Kerr does too and doesnt do that ...but to be fair maybe that is what the Program director wants or the style appreciated in your market since you guys defend him. But i dont think Kerr would be that bad even if he had the local gig. And as you say he is a former spur player and if you notice most of the worst offenders are former players for the team they call ...

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
James Anderson is as good or better than Barnes

:lmao

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 06:58 PM
A good example is Frazier for the knicks. A homer to an extent but very complementary of opposing players (said some great stuff about the Spurs) and citicizes his team whne they suck. that is a good example of local team analyst that is a former player...that does not go the path of Sean Elliott

Ashy Larry
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Our announcers arent very good without chick but to be fair, Im sure we were both "raised on" Chick and he loved teh Lakers more than anything besies marge but did his best to be fair ...so i think the Lakers have hired guys with that same philosophy. many of the smaller franchise markets hire homers like the Blazers, Cavs etc. But the Celtics have no excuse they are a huge market. How about a little sports journalistic integrity ...Yeah, you couldn't help but grow up on Chick. Chick and Pat Riley. Chick and Keith Erickson. Chick and Stu. I love Spero on the radio broadcasts. Never says "us" or "we" and tell it like it is.

I know Heinsohn an old fuck but I do like the play-by-play of Mike Gorman on the Celtics. Doesn't scream after every made basket and for the most part while Heinsohn is homer nation, he pretty much calls it fair while leaning towards the green.

No denying that Elliott is a MAJOR Spurs homer, but I just don't see the "crying" you guys always talk about. His refs comments are usually in jest, or of a sarcastic nature. Even when the refs make questionable calls against a Spurs opponent he usually jokingly adds "I didn't see the foul there, but I LIKE the call!" Him being a former All Star and former Spur under Popvich, he provides insight into how Pop coaches and he KNOWS refereeing and usually voices he wants to see the refs let the guys play.Elliott cries more than that "Leave Brittany alone" dude ...... does he have his good moments? Sure, but even while being an ex-Spur, you can call a game with some sort of professionalism. There's many color analyst who've played for the team they are covering and instead of saying "us" and "our ball", they'll say "the Thunder's ball." Grant Long is pretty good on the color end for OKC.

Dunc n Dave
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
non factor. Hill is critical to your team no doubt but you guys have been blessed injury wise i hope it continues but odds are it wil not.

Anderson averaged nearly 18 minutes a game before going down with his injury. 7ppg and 50% 3pt shooting in 18 minutes is way better than:

Ebanks 2.9ppg in 6 minutes
Splitter 4ppg in 11 minutes

Anderson is better than you think...

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
James Anderson is as good or better than Barnes(in the minutes he has played in the NBA so far, he was a rotation SF right away), so his loss has definitely been a factor for the Spurs, especially with Ginobili having to continue to play more minutes than he should, and the fact that the Spurs don't have other youth on the wing(outside of Hill)..

As for Barnes, obviously a big loss for the Lakers..he has been much better than Artest this season, and this will either put more mileage on Kobe/Artest, or it will force the Lakers to play Walton and/or Ebanks, 2 scrubs..however, playing Walton might not be that bad, since he actually looks to feed the bigs in the post, even though he has no talent..

Barnes is one of the few Lakers with any foot speed/athleticism, so this makes them even slower, which is obviously troublesome..

Good post EXCEPT this ... just because he found some mins. with the spurs in their blowouts does not equal what Barnes gave lakers.

I agree this makes us much slower Ebanks needs some play and luke does feed our bigs and although he is slow he does outlet the ball so that helps if he plays with shannon and blake who can run ...

DPG21920
01-08-2011, 07:03 PM
You obviously weren't watching the games. James was not just in during blowouts.

21_Blessings
50% in a whopping 106 minutes played.

Great fucking sample size :lmao

Dunc n Dave
dude didnt even mention the possible travel on Manu's game winner last month. Even if you believe it was legit to not even mention it is ridiculous. even if he broke it down to prove he did not travel at least say something. I could provide plenty of other examples but you admit he is a homer ...so why bother? he sucks. yes it's good he has Pop insight Kerr does too and doesnt do that ...but to be fair maybe that is what the Program director wants or the style appreciated in your market since you guys defend him. But i dont think Kerr would be that bad even if he had the local gig. And as you say he is a former spur player and if you notice most of the worst offenders are former players for the team they call ...

How is NOT mentioning what you perceive as a travel considered "Crying or whining?"

Besides, again, Elliott being a former player and All Star knows that move Manu pulled off was legal as seen in the video posted on this board MANY times.... so why WOULD he claim "he may have traveled" if he knows it's a legit move from experience?

VnFToWP3R4I

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Anderson averaged nearly 18 minutes a game before going down with his injury. 7ppg and 50% 3pt shooting in 18 minutes is way better than:

Ebanks 2.9ppg in 6 minutes
Splitter 4ppg in 11 minutes

Anderson is better than you think...

I know he is good, I watched him college ...but that is not the point. he played a lot early because you guys had some blowouts. No way he plays major minutes the past 3 games (all close) and with the way that Rj has improved and Neal and hill have been playing ...where would the minutes come from? Who is gonna sit that was my point.

Muser
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Tbh going 50% from 3 with other scrubs playing with Chris Quinn, Tiago Splitter and Matt Bonner is more impressive than getting wide open shots with Parker/Manu/Duncan in.

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I understand the argument for somebody wanting Barnes over Anderson, but for me, I'd rather have Anderson..I was actually one of the posters here defending the Barnes' signing for the Lakers, while a few other Laker fans were against it(picc, IM IIRC)..I would just rather have the younger, better shooter that brings less baggage..

Muser
01-08-2011, 07:06 PM
And I doubt you've watched the recent Spurs games, Hill has sucked dick.

Kobe™
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Someone hack Killakobe's name?
:lol

DPG21920
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
:lmao at comparing Elliott and Tommy.

Giuseppe
Elliott is just a fuckPERIOD

Ashy Larry
Lakers are going to really miss the activity of Barnes. Dude could have like four points and played a huge impact for the Lakers ....... just his activity and always moving without the ball is really going to be missed. Hopefully it's a 6-8 weeks type of injury and he could be back by beginning of April.

ElNono
Sucks for Lakerfan... maybe they'll have to hurry up the Melo trade now...

DPG21920
Elliott > You

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure every Spurs fan knows that Elliott is a massive homer..

I love Tommy Heinsohn though, like I love Sean, their job is to appeal to their fanbases, being a homer comes with that..

At least they're entertaining though, unlike other homer announcers(Houston, Denver, OKC as examples)..

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
How is NOT mentioning what you perceive as a travel considered "Crying or whining?"

Besides, again, Elliott being a former player and All Star knows that move Manu pulled off was legal as seen in the video posted on this board MANY times.... so why WOULD he claim "he may have traveled" if he knows it's a legit move from experience?

VnFToWP3R4I

did you not read? I never said it WAS a travel. even the NBA TV guys pointed out that the Spurs team never mentioned that it looked awkward or anything. I did not say that it was crying ...but a good analyst might o said "i know some of the Bucks thought it was a travel ...but let me explain why it is not ..." but he was too busy giigling like a school girl.

dunc you know i respect your opinion more than most spur fans on here. But the dude sucks. like i said maybe that is what plays well in S.A ...i lived there and yall seem to enjoy it. I have lived in L.A, Brookyln, rochester, houston and now Dallas. Elliott sucks teh dallas guys arent that great either but their radio guy is awesome. Chuck cooperstein IIRC ...

ElNono
Elliott is definitely a homer... that said, I seldom see somebody cry more about the refs than Tommy... I mean, I think it's worse than Lakersground, and that's saying something right there.

Giuseppe
I'm pretty sure every Spurs fan knows that Elliott is a massive homer

But, he's mean & bitter.

Kobe whizzin' past Duncan 5-4 obviously made him so.

ButtHurt Committee
Sean I need a kidney is one gay motherfucker

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh and Calvin murphys sucks ass too when he was rooting against people breeaking his FT record openly on air he lost all credibilty i dont believe he still does games but i havent lived in houston for a long while ...

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 07:11 PM
The Lakers smashed the shit out of the Spurs without two of their starters being healthy in 2008. Barnes won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things despite obviously being a better player than James Anderson.

DPG21920
01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Chuck Cooperstein :lmao

ohmwrecker

Anybody who ever said or laughed at "Tony Longoria" should just stfu tbh.

lol trolled by Sean Elliott

HarlemHeat37
The Lakers smashed the shit out of the Spurs without two of their starters being healthy in 2008. Barnes won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things despite obviously being a better player than James Anderson.

:lol Back when Kobe had functioning knees and Gasol could play big minutes without getting worn out..

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
And I doubt you've watched the recent Spurs games, Hill has sucked dick.

he has struggled. But like Pop he is one of my favorite spurs so i tend to give him a pass ...:downspin:

TheChillFactor
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Who fucking cares? We like him and hes calling the game for us. Like anyone cares what people in other places think of our announcers. Waaaa i dont like sean elliott. My ass fucking bleeds for you laker fans.

Giuseppe
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Who fucking cares? We like him and hes calling the game for us. Like anyone cares what people in other places think of our announcers. Waaaa i dont like sean elliott. My ass fucking bleeds for you laker fans.

But, he's a genuine asshole.

Ashy Larry
01-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Elliott is definitely a homer... that said, I seldom see somebody cry more about the refs than Tommy... I mean, I think it's worse than Lakersground, and that's saying something right there.

LG is right up there with Heinsohn ..... Lakers have lost all their games due to the refs - according to LG

Killakobe81
Chuck Cooperstein :lmao

like his voice he s not boring on the radio just my opinion does a good job describing the action ...

Giuseppe
:lol Back when Kobe had functioning knees and Gasol could play big minutes without getting worn out..

& afore The Skunker.

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM

:lol You actually think the Spurs have a chance getting out the West
:lmao :rollin :lol

Gutter92
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM

James Anderson actually played 18 minutes a game....and he's a rookie...that allows more rest for our starters.

ButtHurt Committee

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DPG21920

Where did he say that? He just said Gasol is worn out (he admitted this many times) and that Kobe's knees are bad (which he tell all media outlets every Tuesday at noon).

Is any of this false?

Dunc n Dave
I know he is good, I watched him college ...but that is not the point. he played a lot early because you guys had some blowouts. No way he plays major minutes the past 3 games (all close) and with the way that Rj has improved and Neal and hill have been playing ...where would the minutes come from? Who is gonna sit that was my point.

1st game of the season vs the Pacers he played 26 minutes and scored 10 pts. That games was close until the last 6 minutes.

@ PHX (a 2 pt Spurs win) 23 minutes, 6pts

Granted, he only played 6 games before his injury, but Pop had him pegged as a regular rotation guy, not the mop up duty player you perceive him to be.

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Yes. You do too, but can't admit it.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
1st game of the season vs the Pacers he played 26 minutes and scored 10 pts. That games was close until the last 6 minutes.

@ PHX (a 2 pt Spurs win) 23 minutes, 6pts

Granted, he only played 6 games before his injury, but Pop had him pegged as a regular rotation guy, not the mop up duty player you perceive him to be.

He's a scrub, Dunc. Go take a shit and think it over.

Giuseppe
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey, jj, aside from your mother and the guy next door who taught you how to "wrestle" have you ever seen a grown man naked?

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey, jj, aside from your mother and the guy next door who taught you how to "wrestle" have you ever seen a grown man naked?

:lmao

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Anderson is a more poslished player than Ebanks. Much better shooter. No comparison.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Anderson is a more poslished player than Ebanks. Much better shooter. No comparison.

jj, answer the question. Have you ever seen man but naked?

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM

You've been pulling your shorts down to talk in this thread.

Muser
01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Speaking of homers, there's a thread at LG debating who would be better to build around, Bynum or Griffin :lmao

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
You've been pulling your shorts down to talk in this thread.

As I'm using my pinking finger to stir the Tequila in this here margarita, I can't help but wonder if you've seen a man naked. Would you please answer the question.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Speaking of homers, there's a thread at LG debating who would be better to build around, Bynum or Griffin :lmao

They'd love me in that thread.

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
But, he's a genuine asshole.

Why? Did he take your lunch money one time, or turn down an autograph request from you? Why are you so obsessed with a Spurs announcer?

Dunc n Dave
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
did you not read? I never said it WAS a travel. even the NBA TV guys pointed out that the Spurs team never mentioned that it looked awkward or anything. I did not say that it was crying ...but a good analyst might o said "i know some of the Bucks thought it was a travel ...but let me explain why it is not ..." but he was too busy giigling like a school girl.

dunc you know i respect your opinion more than most spur fans on here. But the dude sucks. like i said maybe that is what plays well in S.A ...i lived there and yall seem to enjoy it. I have lived in L.A, Brookyln, rochester, houston and now Dallas. Elliott sucks teh dallas guys arent that great either but their radio guy is awesome. Chuck cooperstein IIRC ...

I know it wasn't you that said he whines and cries, but I posed the question and you answered it. So I was just going from there, hoping to get more examples. Just trying to get some concrete examples from the Purple & Gold faithful as to when Elliott has bitched about officials. I don't know, I just don't see it. Maybe my silver & black glasses have clouded my vision...

As for him not mentioning a "possible travel"? The guy played for the Spurs his entire career (save for 1 year of banishment to Detroit), so it's gonna be hard for him to NOT be excited when a guy like Manu hits a GAME WINNING buzzer beater to clutch victory from the jaws of defeat for the Spurs. I'll forgive his school-girl giddiness in that situation. Since he was a life-long Spur, it's understandable he'd be too excited to forget to be objective in that situation.

I think there's a lot of truth to what you say about the team execs encouraging him and Bill Land to be emotional homers.

If I'm watching my hometown broadcast crew, I expect them to favor the Spurs and get excited when they do well.
If I want objective commentary, I'll watch TNT.
If I want Laker/Celtic/Heat lovefest commentary, I'll watch ESPN. :king

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM

:lmao @ Duncan being washed up

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
As I'm using my pinking finger to stir the Tequila in this here margarita, I can't help but wonder if you've seen a man naked. Would you please answer the question.

I'm not your type, I hear E-harmony has a RumpRanger section on their site. Don't forget to lube. :toast

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not your type, I hear E-harmony has a RumpRanger section on their site. Don't forget to lube. :toast

You didn't answer the question, jj.

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I actually don't think any of the top teams in the West are legit contenders, they're all in need of help IMO..

Lakers need: Kobe's body to hold up and for him to play at a higher level than he looks like he can play..Bynum to stay healthy(unlikely)..Gasol's body to hold up, despite the big minutes and mileage these last few seasons..Artest or Fisher to go to the bench, and if they stay on, for them to become consistent shooters(unlikely)..

Spurs need: To find consistent defense at a high level(unlikely), to find consistency from a #2 big during the playoffs(unlikely), to stay healthy, for Duncan's play during the regular season to be a case of lack of effort(as opposed to decline)..

Mavs need: a legit #2 option, Beaubois to return and become productive, Chandler to stay healthy..

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Only when I look in the mirror. You?

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
:lmao @ Duncan being washed up
:lmao 34 year old Duncan still better than 23 year old Bynum

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
:lmao GNSF

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 07:45 PM
:lmao GNSF
:lmao Just got owned by GNSF

timtonymanu
01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I actually don't think any of the top teams in the West are legit contenders, they're all in need of help IMO..

Lakers need: Kobe's body to hold up and for him to play at a higher level than he looks like he can play..Bynum to stay healthy(unlikely)..Gasol's body to hold up, despite the big minutes and mileage these last few seasons..Artest or Fisher to go to the bench, and if they stay on, for them to become consistent shooters(unlikely)..

Spurs need: To find consistent defense at a high level(unlikely), to find consistency from a #2 big during the playoffs(unlikely), to stay healthy, for Duncan's play during the regular season to be a case of lack of effort(as opposed to decline)..

Mavs need: a legit #2 option, Beaubois to return and become productive, Chandler to stay healthy..

+1. So far it looks like the real NBA finals is Celtics-Heat. It looks like it's the East's year right now.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
+1. So far it looks like the real NBA finals is Celtics-Heat. It looks like it's the East's year right now.

It all comes down to the Lakers.

21_Blessings
01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Spurs need: to find consistency from a #2 big during the playoffs
:rollin Scola :rollin

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Who retires first? Bynum or Duncan?

Giuseppe
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
It all comes down to the Lakers.

And as Luva (in Los Angeles/in exile) PM'ed on June 17, 2010, second half/down 13....when I was inconsolable:::

"Nobody closes us out. Nobody."

I miss my Luva. Kool is still around, but, he's always busy with his bitches.

Lakaluva

ogait
01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
karma,bitch is a motherfucker.

LOL karma
Is loosing the 7 or 8 best player on the team supposed to be any kind of bad luck?

Lakers fans pretending they have a hard time dealing with injuries even though they have been extremely lucky in that regard for the past 3 years they went to the finals.

And NO Bynum injuries doesn't count as bad luck as he is pretty much doomed to be a chronicle injured for the rest of his career, and neither does Kobe supposed injuries since he has never missed any significant playing time, he's just getting older and he has played in the NBA for 15 years.

Until you loose one of your main guys for the season be happy.

Your team is next ...

And BTW what's with this recent desire with Lakers fans about getting Spurs players injured. A few months ago no one gave a fuck about the Spurs healthy or not, what has changed?
You are still the champs, you should be comfortable about beating that old washed up team without wishing for injuries.

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
And as Luva (in Los Angeles/in exile) PM'ed on June 17, 2010, second half/down 13....when I was inconsolable:::

"Nobody closes us out. Nobody."

I miss my Luva. Kool is still around, but, he's always busy with his bitches.

Lakaluva

:lol post of the year..

Chieflion
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM

Only one week into the year though.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Only one week into the year though.

Where in the fuck have you been, boy, I've been needing some of you.

Chieflion
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Where in the fuck have you been, boy, I've been needing some of you.

I don't go all apeshit and post longcats and texts of regurgitated shit, your committee doesn't need me tbh.

Giuseppe
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I missed ya too, Chief. Like a headache.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't go all apeshit and post longcats and texts of regurgitated shit, your committee doesn't need me tbh.

I thought yall liked cats over there in Asia.

Chieflion
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I thought yall liked cats over there in Asia.

We prefer dogs more, remember. According to the stereotype of Asians, we even eat them.

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2011, 08:16 PM
More Luke Walton...

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/FightClubPunch.gif

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I know it wasn't you that said he whines and cries, but I posed the question and you answered it. So I was just going from there, hoping to get more examples. Just trying to get some concrete examples from the Purple & Gold faithful as to when Elliott has bitched about officials. I don't know, I just don't see it. Maybe my silver & black glasses have clouded my vision...

As for him not mentioning a "possible travel"? The guy played for the Spurs his entire career (save for 1 year of banishment to Detroit), so it's gonna be hard for him to NOT be excited when a guy like Manu hits a GAME WINNING buzzer beater to clutch victory from the jaws of defeat for the Spurs. I'll forgive his school-girl giddiness in that situation. Since he was a life-long Spur, it's understandable he'd be too excited to forget to be objective in that situation.

I think there's a lot of truth to what you say about the team execs encouraging him and Bill Land to be emotional homers.

If I'm watching my hometown broadcast crew, I expect them to favor the Spurs and get excited when they do well.
If I want objective commentary, I'll watch TNT.
If I want Laker/Celtic/Heat lovefest commentary, I'll watch ESPN. :king

LOL I can respect that.

Killakobe81
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL karma
Is loosing the 7 or 8 best player on the team supposed to be any kind of bad luck?

Lakers fans pretending they have a hard time dealing with injuries even though they have been extremely lucky in that regard for the past 3 years they went to the finals.

And NO Bynum injuries doesn't count as bad luck as he is pretty much doomed to be a chronicle injured for the rest of his career, and neither does Kobe supposed injuries since he has never missed any significant playing time, he's just getting older and he has played in the NBA for 15 years.

Until you loose one of your main guys for the season be happy.

And BTW what's with this recent desire with Lakers fans about getting Spurs players injured. A few months ago no one gave a fuck about the Spurs healthy or not, what has changed?
You are still the champs, you should be comfortable about beating that old washed up team without wishing for injuries.

i am not rooting for any injuries even for the hated celts, im just saying Karma is a bitch ...

HeatChamps
01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Always a good thing when a Lakers player gets hurt. :)

Venti Quattro
01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

More Luke Walton and his basketball IQ on the floor :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

rayjayjohnson
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Barnes is a filthy scrub

DJ Mbenga
01-09-2011, 12:00 AM
phil will play his adopted son luke more

Killakobe81
01-09-2011, 01:13 AM

Good God, i cant believe you replaced Marlo Stanfield with that homoerotic avy picture of Lebron. Thatshit is gay ... not that anything is wrong with it personally if you are ...to each his own ... but harlem what has happened to you?

TE
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, that's not good.

mystargtr34
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM

Yea the Spurs have been real blessed the last three seasons injury wise. And James Anderson established himself in Pop's rotation in the pre season.. he would be seeing a consistent 15-25 minutes a night behind RJ and Manu since he is 6'6' and Spurs severely lack size on the perimeter. He's also a lights out shooter and probably the Spurs best perimeter defender (although thats not saying much).

Ebanks is an athlete.. Anderson is a basketball player.

Killakobe81
01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Yea the Spurs have been real blessed the last three seasons injury wise. And James Anderson established himself in Pop's rotation in the pre season.. he would be seeing a consistent 15-25 minutes a night behind RJ and Manu since he is 6'6' and Spurs severely lack size on the perimeter. He's also a lights out shooter and probably the Spurs best perimeter defender (although thats not saying much).

Ebanks is an athlete.. Anderson is a basketball player.

I said this season, they have been blessed injury wise. And I nevver said that anderson was not better than Ebanks my point was that anderson will not have much more impact on teh Spurs playoff success because where is he gonna get minutes? Remember the time he got before neal was not killing it from 3 ...

ElNono
01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Anderson is really the backup to RJ... Manu/Hill are getting some of those minutes now.
Neal is the backup to Manu.
Hill is the backup to Tony.

ElNono
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
And even if he only gets 10 mins, as long he has a passable production, he buys RJ time. You know it's important to have a bench. Going back to the topic of this thread, Barnes bought minutes for Artest. You don't want a tired team by the time the real season starts.

Phenomanul
01-09-2011, 01:48 AM
No one called out laker troll on the obvious blunder (straight up lie)....

Elliott didn't call the Celtics game.... he wasn't the color analyst that night... or even made the trip to beantown.

Fail.

mystargtr34
01-09-2011, 01:49 AM
I said this season, they have been blessed injury wise. And I nevver said that anderson was not better than Ebanks my point was that anderson will not have much more impact on teh Spurs playoff success because where is he gonna get minutes? Remember the time he got before neal was not killing it from 3 ...

Anderson would get the remaining 20 minutes a night behind RJ... and possibly some minutes behind Manu when the Spurs require more defense.. lets not forget Anderson is a lights out shooter also.. maybe not to the degree of Neal.. but he more than makes up for that small disadvantage with his far superior defense.

Do you think Pop would rather trot out lineups of Parker-Hill-Neal and Manu-Hill-Neal.. only one of these guys is over 6'2" and your forcing them to defend much bigger small forwards and shooting guards. Its no coincidence the Spurs have the worst 3 point defense in the league... these guys dont have the length to consistently get a hand up in the shooters face and contest shots adequately on rotations.

Anderson would be firmly entrenched in the Spurs rotation if he were healthy IMO.. the Spurs need his size and defense.

ButtHurt Committee
01-09-2011, 01:55 AM
No one called out laker troll on the obvious blunder (straight up lie)....

Elliott didn't call the Celtics game.... he wasn't the color analyst that night... or even made the trip to beantown.

Fail.

He's still a uncle tom kidney failing spook.

xellos88330
01-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Anderson would get the remaining 20 minutes a night behind RJ... and possibly some minutes behind Manu when the Spurs require more defense.. lets not forget Anderson is a lights out shooter also.. maybe not to the degree of Neal.. but he more than makes up for that small disadvantage with his far superior defense.

Do you think Pop would rather trot out lineups of Parker-Hill-Neal and Manu-Hill-Neal.. only one of these guys is over 6'2" and your forcing them to defend much bigger small forwards and shooting guards. Its no coincidence the Spurs have the worst 3 point defense in the league... these guys dont have the length to consistently get a hand up in the shooters face and contest shots adequately on rotations.

Anderson would be firmly entrenched in the Spurs rotation if he were healthy IMO.. the Spurs need his size and defense.

Great post! The Spurs are definitely missing the size.

ElNono
01-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm not THAT sold on Anderson's defense yet. I need a bigger sample size. He does look like he has a knack for blocking the occasional shot though, and his activity level is pretty good.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Kobe's next. Check the title under mah name. It's gonna happen. Just wait.

mystargtr34
01-09-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm not THAT sold on Anderson's defense yet. I need a bigger sample size. He does look like he has a knack for blocking the occasional shot though, and his activity level is pretty good.

He's obviously become a little over rated on that end since the Spurs really dont have any good perimeter defenders.. it wasnt really the blocked shots for me.. he moves his feet really well laterally.. thats the most important skill for being a good perimeter defender IMO... plus is 6'6' with a solid standing reach.

01-09-2011, 03:15 AM
not really going to make a difference as long as odom/gasol/bynum are healthy.

Budkin
01-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Barnes has sucked since he left Golden State. Who gives a shit about that scrub?

21_Blessings
01-09-2011, 08:01 AM
No one gives a shit about James Anderson.

Kobe's next. Check the title under mah name. It's gonna happen. Just wait.

Well that's the only scenario where the Spurs could get to the finals. I'm not surprised you'd be trying to voodoo your way there.

pauls931
01-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Bummer, I like the attitude he brought to games.

DPG21920
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
No one gives a shit about James Anderson.

Well that's the only scenario where the Spurs could get to the finals. I'm not surprised you'd be trying to voodoo your way there.

Where did he say anything about the Spurs? All he referenced is that Kobe is likely to get hurt because he himself admitted his knee is bone on bone.

Venti Quattro
01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y2x0I.gif

ColinB
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM

Really weird considering Elliott wasn't at this game. Quite the imagination, I guess.