PDA

View Full Version : This week 2 losses and near loss....

SequSpur
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
stressed the fact that the spurs have not addressed their weaknesses from last year and still maintain them.

They need to do something to secure a 5th championship.

If they don't, it will be the same ol shit from the past 3 years.

Late.

Sisk
01-08-2011, 06:50 PM
What do you suggest?

tp2021
01-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Drink crown, start a thread.

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
What do you suggest?

Sequ wants RC to wave his magic wand.

ButtHurt Committee
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
What do you suggest?

Like you'd understand a good basketball take if it slapped you in the gay ass.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Another Sequ thread.

Sisk
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Like you'd understand a good basketball take if it slapped you in the gay ass.

I'm not in your sig yet? That's bullshit.

0/10

UnWantedTheory
01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Wtf? :lol Gay ass. Ah, the kids these days.

DMC
01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Drink crown, start a thread.
I am halfway there... :toast

DMC
01-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm not in your sig yet? That's bullshit.

0/10
Is your user name pronounce with a lisp?

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
They have a SF who is worth a damn now and a young athletic 7 footer with potential. They just haven't put it together yet. A Kendrick Perkins type big would be a perfect fit.

ohmwrecker
01-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Matt Bonner for Grant Hill. Make it happen.

SequSpur
01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Most of you guys are fucking stupid.

Spurs need to become defensive in the middle. Their big guy, Bonner who yields the most minutes, shoots threes and does nothing else. Their starter, Blair, is undersized and can't block a shot. Tim Duncan really is looking old, slow and only has temporarily flashes of speed and energy. Mcdice is retired on duty.

The team is kicking ass through the season but I would like to see some more size, skill and athleticism in the paint, not just the outside. One or two guys, doesn't have to be a scorer either, there is plenty of that on this team.

SequSpur
01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
That's really all it would take... Watch a fucking game...Amare and players like him own the Spurs.

We stop Amare in 2010 and the Spurs would've been in the West Finals battling the Lakers....One fucking player, that was it.....

Sisk
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Is your user name pronounce with a lisp?

gnsf

Solid D
01-08-2011, 09:43 PM
stressed the fact that the spurs have not addressed their weaknesses from last year and still maintain them.

They need to do something to secure a 5th championship.

What do you suggest?

This is what he suggested in '09.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115502&

DMC
01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
gnsf

:(

:depressed

:lmao

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
That's really all it would take... Watch a fucking game...Amare and players like him own the Spurs.

We stop Amare in 2010 and the Spurs would've been in the West Finals battling the Lakers....One fucking player, that was it.....

Insteadof whining about the obvious needs of the Spurs, throw some names out there the Spurs can realistically get in a trade/signing. BTW nice to see you actually the ability to write more than one sentence in a post/thread.

jjktkk
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay Sequ I'll play your game. What were the team's problems last year? Small ball? For the most part the Spurs have have at least 2 bigs on the court most of the time. I, like you, don't count Matt Bonner, but he does count by position. Starters? We got rid of Keith Bogans, so the team got better instantly there. Back up small forward? James Anderson has looked like a good option at the position, but he was injured. Hopefully he comes in an plays well. Center? That's a work in progress.

Killin Sequ with the common sense approach.

Cessation
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
I think Dice and Timmy is a solid playoff lineup, its blairs size/inconsistency and bonner chocking, thats a concern. Not to mention, pretty much giving up on splitter this year, doesn't bode well. He was supposed to be an important contributor before the season started. Pop was saying hell hit the ground running. What happened happened?

SequSpur
01-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I think Dice and Timmy is a solid playoff lineup, its blairs size/inconsistency and bonner chocking, thats a concern. Not to mention, pretty much giving up on splitter this year, doesn't bode well. He was supposed to be an important contributor before the season started. Pop was saying hell hit the ground running. What happened happened?

exactly....

rascal
01-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Most of you guys are fucking stupid.

Spurs need to become defensive in the middle. Their big guy, Bonner who yields the most minutes, shoots threes and does nothing else. Their starter, Blair, is undersized and can't block a shot. Tim Duncan really is looking old, slow and only has temporarily flashes of speed and energy. Mcdice is retired on duty.

The team is kicking ass through the season but I would like to see some more size, skill and athleticism in the paint, not just the outside. One or two guys, doesn't have to be a scorer either, there is plenty of that on this team.

Agree. Its basically the same team as last year on the frontline. Don't expect much from Splitter as he can't even get quality minutes.

Everybody getting excited about fluke wins and getting lucky matchups with injured teams and the inflated record when the spurs have still failed to upgrade the frontline.

rascal
01-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Insteadof whining about the obvious needs of the Spurs, throw some names out there the Spurs can realistically get in a trade/signing. BTW nice to see you actually the ability to write more than one sentence in a post/thread.

Impossible unless you work in the front office and get on the phones and make the calls to see who is available.

Its the spurs front office's job to get it done not anyone here to throw out names that may or not be available.

DJ Mbenga
01-09-2011, 12:01 AM
david robinson is not walking through that door.