PDA

View Full Version : jt manning 9-10 in playoffs

ducks
01-08-2011, 11:50 PM
:lol:lol:lol

ShoogarBear
This thread was the most predictable moment of the day.

HarlemHeat37
:lmao..

ducks
01-08-2011, 11:53 PM
He sucked ass
one nice pass and that was because of a broken play all game

he calls all the plays with the hurry up o

he sucked today 14 points LOL

hassleback clearly outplayed him today

dbreiden83080
01-08-2011, 11:54 PM
WOW. So i guess winning a SB making it to another one and breaking every passing record in the books means nothing whatsoever because OH MY GOD he is 9-10 in the playoffs..

dbreiden83080
01-08-2011, 11:55 PM
He sucked ass
one nice pass and that was because of a broken play all game

he calls all the plays with the hurry up o

he sucked today 14 points LOL

hassleback clearly outplayed him today

:lol

At you even attempting to suggest this was his fault. Colts got so many guys on IR they could barely field a team..

ducks
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
LOL at the excuses
they got outplayed could not stop the ran in second half
pathetic

dbreiden83080
01-08-2011, 11:57 PM
LOL at the excuses
pathetic

IT's Peyton Manning's job to stop the ran.. :lol

ducks
01-08-2011, 11:59 PM
it is his job to score more then 14 points in a game

it was his fault they did not score a touchdown instead of having to kick a 52 yard field goal

dbreiden83080
01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
it is his job to score more then 14 points in a game

it was his fault they did not score a touchdown instead of having to kick a 52 yard field goal

He's got no Tight End, he's got Wayne wrapped up by Reevis and a so so running game. What's he supposed to do throw to himself and go for the endzone..

18/26 225 1 TD and Zero INT's.. He played well

Stop trolling on the man..

ducks
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
he is the gm and coach and everying to to the colts

IT IS HIS FAULT

he played terrible

dbreiden83080
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
he played terrible

18/26 225 1 TD and Zero INT's.. :rolleyes

ducks
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
his play calling was pathetic in the second half

Phillip
01-09-2011, 12:55 AM
18/26 225 1 TD and Zero INT's.. :rolleyes

:tu

apparently passer ratings of 108.7 and no turnovers means a QB played terrible. what fucking dumbasses

ducks
01-09-2011, 01:01 AM
why did the colts have to kick a 52 yard field goal?

he played terrible in the second half and he put up 7 points in 24 minutes on each half

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:01 AM

he played terrible in the second half and he put up 7 points in 24 minutes on each half

because a 3rd down pass was dropped you stupid fuck

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:03 AM
and judging by the fact that they ran more than they passed, obviously there was a serious issue with playcalling by the coaches, not to mention that the colts had 16 less total plays than the jets, due to the jets pretty much gameplanning with the intent to keep the ball out of peytons hands

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM

You kidding brah? It's on Peyton that a scared shitless rookie in his first playoff game dropping a 3rd down that would've let Adam Nougatieri kick the game winner in the last couple of seconds?

Peyton's also the reason the Jets went on a 10 minute TD drive in the 2nd half :tu

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:08 AM
because a 3rd down pass was dropped you stupid fuck

If ducks wants to sit in his basement and act like if that was Collie instead of Blair White on the receiving end of that pass, the Colts wouldn't be playing next week that's fine.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:10 AM
LMAO I just looked up Jacob Tamme's game log and history... dude had 3 catches in each of the last two seasons, and once Clark went out this year, suddenly he waltzes in and is getting 7+ catches a game.

i dont see how it can be any more obvious than this, the fact that Peyton makes his players 1000x better than they really are. tamme got over 600 yards which is quite good for a TE, especially when he only played like half the season. then one day, hes going to go to some other team, and eventually vanish from football, never to be heard of again.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
:lol

At you even attempting to suggest this was his fault. Colts got so many guys on IR they could barely field a team..

:rolleyes

And the Jets are missing their defensive QB, Leonhard. They still somehow managed to soldier on.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
LMAO I just looked up Jacob Tamme's game log and history... dude had 3 catches in each of the last two seasons, and once Clark went out this year, suddenly he waltzes in and is getting 7+ catches a game.

i dont see how it can be any more obvious than this, the fact that Peyton makes his players 1000x better than they really are. tamme got over 600 yards which is quite good for a TE, especially when he only played like half the season. then one day, hes going to go to some other team, and eventually vanish from football, never to be heard of again.

See:

David Patten, Deion Branch, etc etc :lol

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:14 AM
You kidding brah? It's on Peyton that a scared shitless rookie in his first playoff game dropping a 3rd down that would've let Adam Nougatieri kick the game winner in the last couple of seconds?

Peyton's also the reason the Jets went on a 10 minute TD drive in the 2nd half :tu

That would've been a hard catch for Reggie Wayne to make. It was forced low, and pushed out once the WR hit the ground, IIRC.

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:14 AM

And the Jets are missing their defensive QB, Leonhard. They still somehow managed to soldier on.

rofl yeah scrah, Leonhard totally equals the importance of Dallas Clark, Sanders, and Austin Collie. Solid stuff :tu

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2011, 01:15 AM

The Colts secondary has 10 guys on IR though...besides Bethea, I didn't recognize anybody else, except #27, I think he delivered my pizza last week.

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:15 AM
That would've been a hard catch for Reggie Wayne to make. It was forced low, and pushed out once the WR hit the ground, IIRC.

looks like you aren't recalling correctly here.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:17 AM
ive said it plenty of times...

Peyton and Brady are the two best QBs ever. no QBs have ever produced more out of less than these two guys. both guys consistently have put up fantastic stats whether they had great receviers (moss, welker, wayne, harrison), or mediocre receivers (branch, troy brown, stokely, garcon), produced despite having good runningbacks (dillon, edge), or mediocre running backs (kevin faulk, dominic rhodes). they have been able to carry their teams to the playoffs despite no defenses, and when having defenses playing at a solid level, they won superbowls. obviously brady has had the more complete team a few more times, resulting in more rings, but i strongly believe that you can interchange each QB, and they would pretty much produce the exact same amount as the other one would in each situation. these guys are just a couple of amazing QBs that we are really fortunate to witness at the same time.

worthlessburger can go suck a fat one though. fuck that guy.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:19 AM

you are a fucking dumbshit. one loss does not = damn near half the starters on the team

not to mention the colts are also missing their defensive QB, sanders

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
:cry the jets didn't have their defensive qb leonhard, it evens out :cry

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
See:

David Patten, Deion Branch, etc etc :lol

you take it like im slighting brady, but im really not, you stupid asshurt moron. ive said a million times already that Brady and Manning are the two best QBs ever, 1a, and 1b. i even just made a post in this thread about it. god damn this is why i defend manning so much in manning vs. brady arguments, because ignorant haters like you think that any compliments given to manning instantly is a slight against brady, when they arent.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:21 AM

it was placed where only the receiver could get it. and he should have had it. he is a trained professional, playing in a perfectly controlled environment climate-wise. he should have that.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:22 AM
The Colts secondary has 10 guys on IR though...besides Bethea, I didn't recognize anybody else, except #27, I think he delivered my pizza last week.

27 is jacob lacey

he actually went to highschool right down the street from where i live

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:25 AM
rofl yeah scrah, Leonhard totally equals the importance of Dallas Clark, Sanders, and Austin Collie. Solid stuff :tu

I'm sure the Jets don't have any other injured players. :tu

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:26 AM
it was placed where only the receiver could get it. and he should have had it. he is a trained professional, playing in a perfectly controlled environment climate-wise. he should have that.

Should have, would have, could have. Harrison should have been able to stop Tyree from completing that pass. Stuff happens.

It certainly wasn't an easy "Gimme" catch, like the few drops that Sanchez dealt with.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:27 AM
you are a fucking dumbshit. one loss does not = damn near half the starters on the team

not to mention the colts are also missing their defensive QB, sanders

Stop the presses! Sanders is hurt!

In other news, the sun came up today.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm sure the Jets don't have any other injured players. :tu

only one other somewhat significant player, kris jenkins, who was lost in week 1.

2=10. you should be hired as a mathematician :toast

kamikazi_player
01-09-2011, 01:28 AM

Peyton and Brady are the two best QBs ever. no QBs have ever produced more out of less than these two guys. both guys consistently have put up fantastic stats whether they had great receviers (moss, welker, wayne, harrison), or mediocre receivers (branch, troy brown, stokely, garcon), produced despite having good runningbacks (dillon, edge), or mediocre running backs (kevin faulk, dominic rhodes). they have been able to carry their teams to the playoffs despite no defenses, and when having defenses playing at a solid level, they won superbowls. obviously brady has had the more complete team a few more times, resulting in more rings, but i strongly believe that you can interchange each QB, and they would pretty much produce the exact same amount as the other one would in each situation. these guys are just a couple of amazing QBs that we are really fortunate to witness at the same time.

worthlessburger can go suck a fat one though. fuck that guy.
Agree 100%. Even though I don't like Brady, I still can't disrespect his game. I'm just enjoying the last few years of these elite QB's because there won't be anybody like them.

san antonio spurs
and judging by the fact that they ran more than they passed, obviously there was a serious issue with playcalling by the coaches, not to mention that the colts had 16 less total plays than the jets, due to the jets pretty much gameplanning with the intent to keep the ball out of peytons hands
I think you are a little bit wrong. Most runs were all audibles by Peyton because he was taking what the defense was giving him. I respected a whole lot from Peyton today. He didn't want to be the hero, he didn't force anything, he was being a real team player and was worrying only on winning the game.
My perception of him changed a bit today.

Phillip
:cry :cry :cry tyrees catch was cheating!!!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:29 AM
LnGrrr is just making a ton of sense with his posts this evening. bravo :tu

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:29 AM
you take it like im slighting brady, but im really not, you stupid asshurt moron. ive said a million times already that Brady and Manning are the two best QBs ever, 1a, and 1b. i even just made a post in this thread about it. god damn this is why i defend manning so much in manning vs. brady arguments, because ignorant haters like you think that any compliments given to manning instantly is a slight against brady, when they arent.

The point was that, yes, of course Brady and Manning both make average WR's look great. I don't think anyone's arguing that.

But it's obviously possible to win with average WR's. Manning probably did as best as he could in that game, but he didn't play spectacularly. He made one awesome pass, and the gameplay didn't really have them taking many shots down the field. And if a game was 59 minutes long, the gameplan would've worked.

Manning made the right decisions, checking down to the run. He didn't have a bad game, he didn't have a great game. Just stating facts.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
LnGrrr is just making a ton of sense :cry :cry :cry with his posts this evening. bravo :cry :cry :cry :tu

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Manning probably wouldn't have made that perfect throw if the great fuckin defensive qb was in for the Jets :cry

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
tyree's catch was cheating

Thanks for proving your lack of reading comprehension.

The point was that you would think Harrison, a professional, would be able to stop that catch. But he didn't.

That third down pass wasn't an easy catch, and you can't say for sure whether Austin or another WR would've been able to haul in and hold the catch.

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
lol lngrr stealing shticks cuz stretch is sending him to the tree of woe.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:32 AM
only one other somewhat significant player, kris jenkins, who was lost in week 1.

2=10. you should be hired as a mathematician :toast

It wan't the secondary that were giving up those runs, tbh.

Sanchez didn't exactly burn them through the air, fwiw.

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2011, 01:32 AM
27 is jacob lacey

he actually went to highschool right down the street from where i live

He had a rough game, bro. If Sanchez didn't overthrow Braylon Edwards all day it could've been a lot worse.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:33 AM
lol lngrr stealing shticks cuz stretch is sending him to the tree of woe.

When you're crying, you're crying.

Teams get injured. It happens. The Pats starting Dline next week will be Wilfork and who the f knows on either side of him.

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Thanks for proving your lack of reading comprehension.

The point was that you would think Harrison, a professional, would be able to stop that catch. But he didn't.

That third down pass wasn't an easy catch, and you can't say for sure whether Austin or another WR would've been able to haul in and hold the catch.

So are you of the opinion that someone other than an average, scared shitless rookie in his first playoff game on the biggest play of his unremarkable football career couldn't have easily made a catch that wasn't all that tough to make in the first place?

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
When you're crying, you're crying.

Obviously. I didn't realized Peyton losing would cause so much asshurt.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
The point was that, yes, of course Brady and Manning both make average WR's look great. I don't think anyone's arguing that.

But it's obviously possible to win with average WR's. Manning probably did as best as he could in that game, but he didn't play spectacularly. He made one awesome pass, and the gameplay didn't really have them taking many shots down the field. And if a game was 59 minutes long, the gameplan would've worked.

Manning made the right decisions, checking down to the run. He didn't have a bad game, he didn't have a great game. Just stating facts.

And how many times did Brady in the playoffs either not have a great game, or flat out have a bad game, only for his defense to bail him out? im sure i could pull up a massive list, such his game against Tennessee, game against Indy, both games against san diego. and what happened last year when he had a bad game, but no defense to bail him out? the pats got the shit kicked out of them by Baltimore. of course your stupid ass will probably take this as a slight against brady as well, but my point is, you need a complete TEAM to win consistently in the playoffs, and to win superbowls. you need not just an offense, but a defense. the one year that the colts had a solid defense, despite poor performances by manning in games against the Chiefs and Ravens, they still won, BECAUSE OF THEIR DEFENSE. obviously thats not just a coincedence. defense is neccesary.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
He had a rough game, bro. If Sanchez didn't overthrow Braylon Edwards all day it could've been a lot worse.

yeah lacey didnt do to well, lol

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
So are you of the opinion that someone other than an average, scared shitless rookie in his first playoff game on the biggest play of his unremarkable football career couldn't have easily made a catch that wasn't all that tough to make in the first place?

He might have, he might not have. The catch wasn't a sure thing.

Nice to know you have psychic powers though. What was the guy thinking after the game?

san antonio spurs
01-09-2011, 01:40 AM
tbh Manning did his job by putting his team in a position to win. That's what you ask from your qb. You don't ask him to be perfect. On the other hand, their special teams fucked at the worst of times (running into the kicker and allowing that long run back at the end) and Caldwell fucked up by calling that timeout and give the jets a free play resulting in the Braylon's (push off) catch.

Jose Canseco
01-09-2011, 01:40 AM

Agree with most of that. I do think that Tom Brady actually got much better as an NFL QB. I think starting out on a good team with a good defense helped him a lot. He was still good but there was much less pressure for him to carry the team. I think by the mid 2000s, he got near or at the same level as Peyton in terms of being able to carry the team from the QB position even if the defense was less than dominant (whether they were or not). Brady was good in college, but he's been unbelievable in the pros. I really think if you exchange him and Peyton and he had to start with the Colts in the late 90s, he might not have developed into the QB he has become. It's a credit to him that he's improved himself so much as a pro. When Peyton came into the league, I think he was already really close to being great, he just needed the game time experience. He's improved in his pro career too, but I don't think as drastically as Brady has. You can credit Belichick or you can just chalk it up to a kid that worked his tail off after getting his opportunity. But I'm not completely convinced that if Brady was on the Colts all those years, they'd have the same success. While I think if you plug in Peyton with the Patriots, they'd have very much similar success.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
anyways, im going to bed

its pretty obvious that lngrrrr and other morons had a pretty massive orgasm tonight when folk hit that FG to beat the colts because they could come on here and be a bigger dumbass than they already are, basically claiming that manning should have been able to make catches for his receivers, run over defenders for his running backs, and catch interceptions for the defense.

have fun with these chodes, oden

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Nice to know you have psychic powers though. What was the guy thinking after the game?

he was thinking he's lucky that great fuckin defensive qb jim leonhard wasn't in the game:cry or there would've been an even less chance of him making the catch.

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
tbh Manning did his job by putting his team in a position to win. That's what you ask from your qb. You don't ask him to be perfect. On the other hand, their special teams fucked at the worst of times (running into the kicker and allowing that long run back at the end) and Caldwell fucked up by calling that timeout and give the jets a free play resulting in the Braylon's (push off) catch.

Stupid play, but that punter deserves a fucking oscar:lmao

homeboy did a pirouette and flailed to the ground 2 seconds after he was hit. Manu would've been proud :tu

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Agree with most of that. I do think that Tom Brady actually got much better as an NFL QB. I think starting out on a good team with a good defense helped him a lot. He was still good but there was much less pressure for him to carry the team. I think by the mid 2000s, he got near or at the same level as Peyton in terms of being able to carry the team from the QB position even if the defense was less than dominant (whether they were or not). Brady was good in college, but he's been unbelievable in the pros. I really think if you exchange him and Peyton and he had to start with the Colts in the late 90s, he might not have developed into the QB he has become. It's a credit to him that he's improved himself so much as a pro. When Peyton came into the league, I think he was already really close to being great, he just needed the game time experience. He's improved in his pro career too, but I don't think as drastically as Brady has. You can credit Belichick or you can just chalk it up to a kid that worked his tail off after getting his opportunity. But I'm not completely convinced that if Brady was on the Colts all those years, they'd have the same success. While I think if you plug in Peyton with the Patriots, they'd have very much similar success.

yeah i definitely could agree with that. i think the early successes that the pats had, really helped brady develop a lot, while peyton came into the league very heavily developed already.

both are just phenomenal QBs though. fun to watch, great leaders, and the golden standards for their position

san antonio spurs
01-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Stupid play, but that punter deserves a fucking oscar:lmao

homeboy did a pirouette and flailed to the ground 2 seconds after he was hit. Manu would've been proud :tu
it's something (flopping that is) that kickers and punters practice because they can use it in 4th and short situations. Same thing as that Reggie Miller flying leg when shooting and trying to draw contact. If you are on special teams, you are taught to never touch the kicker or punter, because they'll flop.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 01:54 AM
anyways, im going to bed

its pretty obvious that lngrrrr and other morons had a pretty massive orgasm tonight when folk hit that FG to beat the colts because they could come on here and be a bigger dumbass than they already are, basically claiming that manning should have been able to make catches for his receivers, run over defenders for his running backs, and catch interceptions for the defense.

have fun with these chodes, oden

It's pretty obvious that Phillips massive butthurt is preventing him from reading the posts where I said Manning didn't lose the game for his team, and didn't play poorly.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
he was thinking he's lucky that great fuckin defensive qb jim leonhard wasn't in the game:cry or there would've been an even less chance of him making the catch.

I was thinking that injuries are part of the game, but I guess only the Colts have injuries.

Sucks he didn't catch it. But shit happens.

If anything, I'd blame it on Caldwell for not dialing up a few bombs for Wayne. I barely heard his name today.

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I was thinking that injuries are part of the game, but I guess only the Colts have injuries.

Sucks he didn't catch it. But shit happens.

If anything, I'd blame it on Caldwell for not dialing up a few bombs for Wayne. I barely heard his name today.

You're the one trying to play up great fuckin defensive QB Leonhard:cry's injury acting like it equals the injuries the Colts were going thru.

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
You're the one trying to play up great fuckin defensive QB Leonhard:cry's injury acting like it equals the injuries the Colts were going thru.

You're the one crying :cry :cry about how the Colts wouldve won if only :cry :cry they weren't injured.

Peyton Manning played well in this game, the WRs played well. Sanchez didn't have that great of a game, the secondary played ok (except on the last drive).

The Colts run D was a weakness almost all year long, that's what lost them this game too.

ducks
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
manny played terrible in the first half
one lucky break on coverage in 24 points
not impressed

Greg Oden
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
You're the one crying :cry :cry about how the Colts wouldve won if only :cry :cry they weren't injured.

Peyton Manning played well in this game, the WRs played well. Sanchez didn't have that great of a game, the secondary played ok (except on the last drive).

The Colts run D was a weakness almost all year long, that's what lost them this game too.

crofl can't come up with your own shtick

:cry defensive qb leonhard :cry

LnGrrrR
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
crofl can't come up with your own shtick

:cry defensive qb leonhard :cry

lol changing the subject

lol the schticks are funny

lol my schtick is regulating whiny Colts fans

lol one and done :cry :cry

Cant_Be_Faded
01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
i thought there would be more posts of peyton supporters supplicating each others penises

LnGrrrR
01-10-2011, 01:22 AM
i thought there would be more posts of peyton supporters supplicating each others penises

Peyton would be the best cocksucker in the postseason ever if his teammates cocks weren't injured :cry :cry

Cant_Be_Faded
01-10-2011, 01:45 AM
hahahaha yeah only nutless mavs fans promote the colts

BUMP
01-10-2011, 02:45 AM
lol never rolling alone

jjktkk
01-10-2011, 02:55 AM
hahahaha yeah only nutless mavs fans promote the colts

Faded with a Vince Young avatar calling out Peyton Manning? :wow

fantasyfootball
01-10-2011, 04:44 AM
9-10 record in the playoffs speaks volumes. Yeah, he had excuses for this game but what about all the other years in his career?

And the funny thing about saying they both have had great receivers and average receivers is Brady won all his Super Bowls with average receivers. Moss and Welker never helped Brady win a ring. He won with scraps. Meanwhile, Manning couldn't get the job done with Harrison, Wayne, and Clark.

The problem with Manning is he tries to control the game rather than just winning it. Brady doesn't try to dictate tempo anywhere the degree Manning does. Brady is more of a go out there and play QB. Manning gets caught up in mind games with the defense and trying to force the run when it isn't there.

In the end, Manning is a technician and Brady is a winner. Analysts love to talk about all Peyton does and reading the defenses but his track record has been he falls short.

Greg Oden
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Faded with a Vince Young avatar calling out Peyton Manning? :wow

:rollin

obviously CBF is a fan of people who enjoy suicide.

Greg Oden
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
lol my schtick is regulating whiny Colts fans

since when? you got regulated by phillip of all people.

bostonguy
01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Manning put his team in position to win. I can't fault him for this loss. Special teams and calling that timeout on that final drive is what lost the Colts the game. Manning is a great qb and I love to watch him play. I am certainly glad the Patriots aren't facing him in the playoffs.

Blake
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL at the excuses
pathetic

ftr, they got outcoached

crc21209
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Glad that asshole Manning got booted in the 1st round...:tu. I can't stand any of the Manning's....

LnGrrrR
01-10-2011, 06:44 PM
since when? you got regulated by phillip of all people.

Phillip can't even keep my posts straight with those of ducks.

LnGrrrR
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Manning put his team in position to win. I can't fault him for this loss. Special teams and calling that timeout on that final drive is what lost the Colts the game. Manning is a great qb and I love to watch him play. I am certainly glad the Patriots aren't facing him in the playoffs.

I still can't believ that Wayne got targeted only once, and they kept him on one side the whole game. No in-motion stuff or anything.

jjktkk
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I still can't believ that Wayne got targeted only once, and they kept him on one side the whole game. No in-motion stuff or anything.

+1. And Wayne wasn't too happy about.

Dr. Gonzo
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Manning is set the bar so high for himself that anything under 350+ yards passing is considered a bad game.

LnGrrrR
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Manning is set the bar so high for himself that anything under 350+ yards passing is considered a bad game.

Like I said in another thread, you take away that one long TD pass (which was awesome, but due to stupid Jets D), and he racked up about 150 yds passing on 25 attempts. Not otherworldly numbers.

Brodie Bruce
01-11-2011, 01:53 AM
I didn't really have time to read this whole thread but I think it's gut busting hilarious that last week in the thread before the Colts game LnGrrrR was all like "I really hope the Colts lose. I'm afraid of Manning." And now he's on here scoffing Manning and calling him out for failing to win a playoff game with a broken team. I thought Manning played decent for having his best WR stuck on Revis Island all night. Seriously, you expect a guy with 75% of his receiver depth chart on IR or playing injured to go 25-30/350/3 TDs in a playoff game? Manning's great, but I doubt Elway or Montana could have done anything with that team either.

Greg Oden
01-11-2011, 02:41 AM
are those games 1 v 1?

Greg Oden
01-11-2011, 02:52 AM
avoiding the question with a lefty take is telling.

IronMexican
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Can Geico save you 15% or more on car insurance?

GEICO Caveman
01-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Can Geico save you 15% or more on car insurance?

Fuck you.

Greg Oden
01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it possible for a beaner to act white, get all his opinions from an image board, and still get his clothes from a thrift shop?

LnGrrrR
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I didn't really have time to read this whole thread but I think it's gut busting hilarious that last week in the thread before the Colts game LnGrrrR was all like "I really hope the Colts lose. I'm afraid of Manning." And now he's on here scoffing Manning and calling him out for failing to win a playoff game with a broken team. I thought Manning played decent for having his best WR stuck on Revis Island all night. Seriously, you expect a guy with 75% of his receiver depth chart on IR or playing injured to go 25-30/350/3 TDs in a playoff game? Manning's great, but I doubt Elway or Montana could have done anything with that team either.

Well... yeah, kinda. That's why I was afraid. Manning put up pretty decent numbers without his main receivers in the last 4 weeks.

Not to mention the shootout against NE this year.

The thing is, besides that one awesome throw, Manning didn't seem like Manning. No big shots down the field, very conservative, etc etc. When I think Colts offense, I think home-run plays.

And again, I never said Manning sucked, or even that he had a bad game. He just wasn't as good as I expected him to be.