PDA

View Full Version : mavs question!

TheMACHINE
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I picked up stevenson when butler went down...he's playing great. Who's going to the bench one dirk comes back?

frodo
01-09-2011, 12:07 AM
when dirk returns, findog will be dropped back to the end of the bench where he belongs, especially if they get a decent backup PF through trade.

Phillip
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM
i think stevenson will still be getting a fair amount of PT and minutes. I see terry's minutes dropping more though. I think after dirk gets back, stevenson will be back to getting most of his minutes at the 2, while marion goes back to most of his minutes being at the 3. less terry will be a great thing for this team.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Jet goes to the bench when Dirk gets back.
Most likely Wednesday against Indiana. Starting 5 I bet will be
Chandler, Nowitzki, Marion, Stevenson, Kidd. Stevenson will get his usual minutes at the 2 and log some back up 3 minutes

Roddy Beaubois
01-09-2011, 03:58 AM
:lol at being so hopeful that Terry is going to the bench. Carlisle has a constant rager over how Terry shoots 3-15 while fitting into the offense.

frodo
01-09-2011, 06:59 AM
i think stevenson will still be getting a fair amount of PT and minutes. I see terry's minutes dropping more though. I think after dirk gets back, stevenson will be back to getting most of his minutes at the 2, while marion goes back to most of his minutes being at the 3. less terry will be a great thing for this team.

barea will still get considerable minutes as always. playing Jet less will be a good thing for sure but that wouldn't make a big difference if it means barea taking the minutes Jet sheds. unless they move butler's contract and bring back an reinforcement for 2 and a decent backup PF, 1st round exit again.

stretch
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
barea will still get considerable minutes as always. playing Jet less will be a good thing for sure but that wouldn't make a big difference if it means barea taking the minutes Jet sheds. unless they move butler's contract and bring back an reinforcement for 2 and a decent backup PF, 1st round exit again.

some mavs fans may think im crazy, but barea > terry right now

barea is the only guard on the team that is willing to keep attacking the paint, and not sit around settling for jumpers. when barea fucks up, at least its because hes trying his hardest and simply fucks up like any player will from time to time, usually from trying too hard to make something happen, which i can at least respect, because the key thing is that he is putting for a strong effort to make the best possible play. but when terry fucks up, its because hes either being lazy, or being a fucking dumbass.

Shank
01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Problem is, when Barea "attacks" the paint, he's easily shot down and forced back out. For any NBA defender, defending Barea in the paint is simple. Just put your arms up. Little shit will dribble right back out or leave his feet to make a pass and turn the ball over. His decision-making is horseshit and I hate his fucking gymnast midget legs.

frodo
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
some mavs fans may think im crazy, but barea > terry right now

barea is the only guard on the team that is willing to keep attacking the paint, and not sit around settling for jumpers. when barea fucks up, at least its because hes trying his hardest and simply fucks up like any player will from time to time, usually from trying too hard to make something happen, which i can at least respect, because the key thing is that he is putting for a strong effort to make the best possible play. but when terry fucks up, its because hes either being lazy, or being a fucking dumbass.

little > none, no doubt but neither should be used as a regular on a champion team imho. pietrus is the trigga that i'd like to have anytime because he has length and strength and plays hard D, although hes also pretty good at shooting, he never jacks up bullshit shots as JET often does. JET is still a decent catch-and-shooter, i believe, but his shooting selection is poor as it gets. barea attacks the paint more often than shooting bullshit 3s, but the efficiency is very limited due to his midget size imho.

Giuseppe
01-09-2011, 11:40 AM
and I hate his fucking gymnast midget legs.

:lol

TheMACHINE
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweet...hope deshawn plays atleast 80% of this when dirk gets back.

TheMACHINE
01-15-2011, 10:44 PM
What's going on with Stevenson? Is it time to drop him?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I have no clue why Deshawn got such limited minutes tonight. Maybe he is under the weather or injured ?? His shot looked flat all night. Don't drop him yet wait and see how the next couple of games play out.

ClingingMars
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
ugly return for Dirk

Cessation
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Damn, even the grizz getting in on the action. Mavs getting stomped again. I'm a little surprised they playing this bad, tbh. Considering how staaacked they supposedly are.

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 10:35 AM
What's going on with Stevenson? Is it time to drop him?

They'll wait till after Wednesday.

tee, hee.