PDA

View Full Version : Keith Bogans starts for Chicago, and they shut down the Celtics?

GSH
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
With Keith Bogans starting for Chicago, they hold the Celtics to 79 points, and a 37.8% field goal percentage? Rondo gets 8 assists, and the whole Celtics team got 12 assists vs. the 22 dimes Rondo dropped on the Spurs? Big Baby, who hit everything he looked at against SA, was 4-17 from the floor?

If some Spurs fans were ready to jump off a bridge after that loss in Boston, then imagine the panic that Celtics fans must be feeling now. Or not.

Sometimes when a team is in the zone, there is nothing you can do to keep them from putting up big numbers. When the Spurs are in the zone, and making everything they look at, they are just about unbeatable. Whey shouldn't other teams - especially the good teams - have those kinds of nights, too?

The Spurs need to tighten up on defense (especially interior defense) before the playoffs roll around. But even the way they are playing right now, I like their chances against any of the last 3 teams they have faced, in a seven game series.

Or maybe we should just trade for Keith Bogans?

Andy25
01-09-2011, 01:32 AM
http://www.memeticians.com/2008/05/23/1454018245_5986b5e6c1.jpg

xellos88330
01-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Honestly it was just Davis that really hurt the Spurs. If that jumper of his wasn't so damn automatic on that night, the Spurs could have easily won. Davis getting hot was a hell of a blitz against the Spurs defense that I am sure noone really saw coming.

Against the Knicks, it was Stoudemire. We all know what he can do, just couldn't stop him.

Hansbrough was also a blitz that noone saw coming.

Edit: The previous post expresses my thoughts about acquiring Bogans.

TE
01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
It was just a slump, Keith Bogans is a pathetic basketball player along with Ime Udoka. Sometimes, scrubs play the offensive or defensive game of their lives, this was one of those games by Bogans.

It's all good, imo.

greyforest
01-09-2011, 01:40 AM

No.

Dex
01-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Well, that's our problem.

The Spurs brought back the wrong shitty player.

jiggy_55
01-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Honestly it was just Davis that really hurt the Spurs. If that jumper of his wasn't so damn automatic on that night, the Spurs could have easily won. Davis getting hot was a hell of a blitz against the Spurs defense that I am sure noone really saw coming.

Against the Knicks, it was Stoudemire. We all know what he can do, just couldn't stop him.

Davis wasn't exactly "hot". He's proven that he will hit his outside jumper consistently and we left him open as he continued to drain them all. We asked him to score and he did.

DrSteffo
01-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Of course Phila is right. Boozer shut down Big Baby (and almost made him cry). Boozer is a tougher defender than Bonner...no surprise there.

Bogans had nothing to do with it.

01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
i saw kurt thomas play some pretty nice defense. didn't know he was still on a team, let alone starting in the place of noah. why didn't the spurs grab him back??

xellos88330
01-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Davis wasn't exactly "hot". He's proven that he will hit his outside jumper consistently and we left him open as he continued to drain them all. We asked him to score and he did.

Even those fadeaway jumpers? Big Baby??? I spoke with a Boston fan, he did say he has improved his jumpshot but did tell me that it was surprising the rate of which he was hitting.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2011, 02:36 AM
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b459/wtfisthis_2011/nx9qutqkd4.jpg?t=1293685174

SenorSpur
01-09-2011, 02:46 AM
The number of points the Spurs have given up in th past 3 games, along with the FG% allowed is totally alarming. In the case of the Knicks and Celtics, they simply shot lights out.

Defensive miscues notwithstanding, if some on this team would learn to "box out" and put a body on an opponent, there would be far fewer second chance points allowed. The Pacers, Knicks and Celtics all feasted off of a wealth of second chance opportunities and offensive putbacks because the Spurs frontline, particularly Duncan, are not always conscious of boxing out.

If the Spurs would do that, along with minimizing their unnecessary and sometimes unforced turnovers, some of these games would not be such a struggle.

01-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Even those fadeaway jumpers? Big Baby??? I spoke with a Boston fan, he did say he has improved his jumpshot but did tell me that it was surprising the rate of which he was hitting.
it kind of amuses me how spur fans are so surprised at glen davis's offense. i don't know what he's done in the past to warrant such a negative preconception but he's always had that jump shot. how quickly people forget this shot and series:

Y3smxdUWquM

AND before this shot, he nailed another similar jump shot against the magic to keep the celtics close. he played extremely well in the 2009 playoffs with garnett injured. i think davis was injured for part of the 09-10 series so he didn't receive a significant role other than being a bench player. i remember when davis's name was mentioned in 09-10 as a potential MLE signing and everyone FREAKED out. still wondering why spur fans think davis is a bad player. he's actually the opposite.

UnWantedTheory
01-09-2011, 05:50 AM

I guess everyone forgot Ray Allen & his 30+....

Spurs Brazil
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM

Well those were the 3 guys Blair was guarding. Maybe is time to put some solid defense in the starting lineup and bring Blair against weak bench players

DrSteffo
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM

I don't understand why no one could see that one of the best players in last years college bball can play? I like "Psycho T" and if he was on our team I wish he would get significant minutes.

Rebounds
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
The number of points the Spurs have given up in th past 3 games, along with the FG% allowed is totally alarming. In the case of the Knicks and Celtics, they simply shot lights out.

Defensive miscues notwithstanding, if some on this team would learn to "box out" and put a body on an opponent, there would be far fewer second chance points allowed. The Pacers, Knicks and Celtics all feasted off of a wealth of second chance opportunities and offensive putbacks because the Spurs frontline, particularly Duncan, are not always conscious of boxing out.

If the Spurs would do that, along with minimizing their unnecessary and sometimes unforced turnovers, some of these games would not be such a struggle.

THIS.
Watching replays of recent games makes this true.

silverblk mystix
01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
I saw a lot of Bonner on Baby Davis...

a lot of Bonner getting smoked by Hansbrough...

Dice seemed to cool off Hansbrough...

I saw Pop go nuts at Blair getting smoked and benched him immediately in the Pacers game...

then Bonner got smoked worse...and Pop seemed to keep his cool....

SenorSpur
01-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I saw a lot of Bonner on Baby Davis...

a lot of Bonner getting smoked by Hansbrough...

Dice seemed to cool off Hansbrough...

I saw Pop go nuts at Blair getting smoked and benched him immediately in the Pacers game...

then Bonner got smoked worse...and Pop seemed to keep his cool....

Don't forget that Pop also got angry and subbed out Blair for Bonner, around the 10:30 something mark in the ist quarter of the Celtics game. I can only assume Blair missed a defensive assignment. He didn't sit out very long before Pop reinserted him shortly thereafter. Because the backline defense has somewhat suspect, this makes the permieter defense all that more important.

Not saying this is the answer, but I'm dying to see more of Tiago Splitter on a more consistent basis. Even if it for spot minutes at the start. The fact the he's getting "0" playing time is totally head scratching and nonsensical.

I love Pop and wouldn't want to have any other coach for this team, but he sometimes does overthink things. Recall the decision to bench George Hill during the 2009 playoff series versus the Mavs, in his rookie year. Pop proclaimed the playoffs "are not for George". By the time he put the kid into the rotation, the series was lost and there was nothing to play for. To Hill's credit, he shined and proved he should've been playing and contributing all along.

DMC
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I guess everyone forgot Ray Allen & his 30+....

Ray is a given just like Kobe is a given. You don't lose to the Lakers because Kobe scored 30. You lose because Shannon Brown scored 18 or because Lamar Odom scored 22. Pau is a given as well, or was last year.

I thought everyone knew this.

DMC
01-09-2011, 12:13 PM
THIS.
Watching replays of recent games makes this true.

No way. If it's true, it's true whether or not you watched the replays. You don't have to realize it for it to be true.

Pedantic quips aside, the Spurs have been poor at boxing out, mainly because they don't crash the boards. The shot goes up and 5 guys are back on defense already.

ChuckD
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
The number of points the Spurs have given up in th past 3 games, along with the FG% allowed is totally alarming.

??? The Pacers scored 87, and shot 37.5%. The two games before that were shit, but the four before that were rockin'. You can pick out any little sample and use it to make a point, but 5 of the last 7 defensive performances were stellar.

frodo
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
rose is just a much better player than rondo and supposedly he owned him all over the floor. plus Shaq & Jermaine picked too many fouls too early which subsequently made kurt thomas look rejuvenated against those dipshit bigs of the celtics

crc21209
01-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Uhh..no. Keith Bogans sucks..end of story. The reason the Bulls tapped that Celtic ass is because of Rose and Boozer...that is all.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-10-2011, 07:17 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-nCWJiGiFnM/SntYI75cq1I/AAAAAAAABpo/_deIlfEL49I/s320/frustrated_full.jpeg.jpg