PDA

View Full Version : Trimester Awards, Part Deux: Sixth Man of the First Trimester George Hill

Leftyventricle
01-09-2011, 02:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110107-09/trimester-awards

Sixth Man of the First Trimester
George Hill, San Antonio Spurs

Hill
Couldn't bear the thought of completing this exercise without rewarding at least one player from the team with the league's best record. Especially since Hill has taken over a role typically manned by the best sixth man of the 2000s and isn't far off the standards for off-the-bench efficiency and impact that Manu Ginobili has established over the years.

Going with Hill, though, means snubbing Boston's Glen Davis, which pains me because Big Baby plays well pretty much every time I get the chance to watch him. Or maybe that's my impression because he's such a consistent co-star to Rajon Rondo (and the injured Kendrick Perkins) in the Celts' next-gen core, playing defense and finishing at the rim with greater effectiveness and energy than ever before to go with that trusty jumper.

Other names on our radar include Utah's C.J. Miles, Denver's Al Harrington and, of course, Dallas' Jason Terry and Atlanta's reigning Sixth Man Award winner, Jamal Crawford. You have to believe the latter two vets will be heavy favorites to win the actual award come springtime. Terry, in particular, isn't shooting the ball as well as he can but has uncorked a succession of fourth-quarter eruptions already … along with his new habit of frequently raising four fingers late in games to make sure everyone knows that's his time.