PDA

View Full Version : Question on Horry Hip check on Nash

djgruvy
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
In watching the video, did Raja Bell push Robert Horry in the back trying to secure the rebound when Ginobli missed his shot? It looked like he was so pissed he didn't get the call that he took it out on Nash.

DMC
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Uh... do you expect people to recall that or just go hunt down a video and answer your question? You give other gnsfs a bad name. Ok, not really, but still... :)

Short answer: Yes! It was all Phx. Horry did nothing.

ohmwrecker
01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes. I do remember that Horry seemed to be iritated about the non call before the push. Not that it excuses the hit on Nash. Although, I still side on the overreaction of the Suns bench as being the deciding factor for the suspension of their players and I don't think Horry's hit was bad enough to elicit the reaction.

ohmwrecker
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
lol, Nash flopped and it was obvious. I love Steve Nash but he can be a little mischevious devil sometimes and there he ran into Horry's hip to incite a reaction and it ended up costing his team the championship essentially.

It was still a dumb move on Horry's part. It turned out to be more advantageous for the Spurs. but if Amare and Boris didn't show their ass, it would've been a bad deal for the Spurs. I don't blame Nash for selling it. Manu would've done the same thing.

8FOR!3
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Isn't Robert Horry the guy that has seven more rings than Nash?

Thompson
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
It's one thing for Nash to sell it. It's another thing for him to sell it only to result in getting his own team mates suspended, and adamantly whine for years that the 'dirty' Spurs were responsible (and grudgingly admit years later that he did flop, as Nash did last year).

ffadicted
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM

ohmwrecker
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
the difference is, if Manu does it, Tim and the guys aren't dumb enough to react like Amare and Diaw did and get suspended for such a big game like that.

No shit?

It was still a dumb move on Horry's part. It turned out to be more advantageous for the Spurs, but if Amare and Boris didn't show their ass, it would've been a bad deal for the Spurs. I don't blame Nash for selling it. Manu would've done the same thing.

01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
where's that quote where nash admitted he flopped? i remember reading it somewhere.

TE
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
I think if the role players would have not been suspended, the Spurs would've still won the series.

UnWantedTheory
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Uh... do you expect people to recall that or just go hunt down a video and answer your question? You give other gnsfs a bad name. Ok, not really, but still... :)

I'm not even sure Horry was in the play to begin with. Just another sign of the NBA & it's cruel influence over the general public. Those of you who think he was even there have been duped for years.

UnWantedTheory
01-09-2011, 06:50 PM
It's one thing for Nash to sell it. It's another thing for him to sell it only to result in getting his own team mates suspended, and adamantly whine for years that the 'dirty' Spurs were responsible (and grudgingly admit years later that he did flop, as Nash did last year).
I'm glad he finally came clean, I was still losing sleep after we won the chip.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
If the NBA hadn't been forced to suspend Amare and Diaw, Horry would have gotten at most a 1 game suspension and probably none. It was not that hard a foul, it was in the flow of the game as Horry tried to draw a charge, and if not, get a foul and stop the clock. The League suspended Horry for two games just as a makeup call. Ridiculous.

All the bru-ha-ha was just because Nash threw himself into the scorer's table and the undisciplined Suns way overreacted, and the Suns assistant coaches didn't do their job and keep them from leaving the bench. Just stupidity on the Suns all around.

WildcardManu
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I still blame Nash for trying to oversell the shove and flying to the tables. His fault Amare got suspended.

spurastic
01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
There was a video where Nash admitted that he embellished the foul. Anyone?

Xylus
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Isn't Robert Horry the guy that has seven more rings than Nash?

:lmao

ChuckD
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I think if the role players would have not been suspended, the Spurs would've still won the series.

Illustrated by them having them back for game six, AT HOME, and losing anyway. If they couldn't take game six at home, they damn sure weren't taking game seven in our crib.

Mal
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
video or gtfo

Lady M
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/bank-shots-its-good-to-be-loved-better-to-be-despised-and-steve-nash-flopped#more-11840

spurs10
01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
If the NBA hadn't been forced to suspend Amare and Diaw, Horry would have gotten at most a 1 game suspension and probably none. It was not that hard a foul, it was in the flow of the game as Horry tried to draw a charge, and if not, get a foul and stop the clock. The League suspended Horry for two games just as a makeup call. Ridiculous.

All the bru-ha-ha was just because Nash threw himself into the scorer's table and the undisciplined Suns way overreacted, and the Suns assistant coaches didn't do their job and keep them from leaving the bench. Just stupidity on the Suns all around.
Horry wasn't going to let him get by for an easy bucket...it's called basketball! Nash looked like he'd been shot out of a cannon. Probably scared his own team to death...:flag:

ShoogarBear
01-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Illustrated by them having them back for game six, AT HOME, and losing anyway. If they couldn't take game six at home, they damn sure weren't taking game seven in our crib.

Actually, game six was in SA.

Game seven would have been in PHX.

Nick Manning
01-10-2011, 02:36 AM
tim donaghy knows the details, he made 600 large on that series

greyforest
01-10-2011, 03:54 AM
all i can remember vid of is horry's explanation...

it was something along the lines of "i'm an old school player and if i have to foul im gonna foul hard." he basically didn't make any kind of excuse.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm glad he finally came clean, I was still losing sleep after we won the chip.

I sure as hell wasn't we blew that game 4 up a good margin, we should have been up 3-1 cleanly! Spurs were the better team and always were in those Suns series! PERIOD.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2011, 04:06 AM
all i can remember vid of is horry's explanation...

it was something along the lines of "i'm an old school player and if i have to foul im gonna foul hard." he basically didn't make any kind of excuse.

Nor should he, he did a hard foul and thats all he did! In the 80's and 90's this is the f in norm! Thats all it was is a hard foul.

TampaDude
01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
That was the biggest single play of the 2007 NBA Playoffs. It changed the entire momentum of the WCSF and helped propel the Spurs to their fourth :lobt2: in nine years.

Kindergarten Cop
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
where's that quote where nash admitted he flopped? i remember reading it somewhere.

video or gtfo

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/bank-shots-its-good-to-be-loved-better-to-be-despised-and-steve-nash-flopped#more-11840

He begins talking about it at 1:40 in the link that Lady M posted - it's pretty funny actually. I have to admit that I gained a bit of respect for Nash by coming out and admitting it.

greyforest
01-10-2011, 07:44 PM
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/06/24/draft-10-bonus-one-on-one-with-steve-nash/

this is the video...haha! he says "(after a hard foul) the spurs always make a meal out of it, so here was my chance!"

he laughs and explains how it backfired.

DMC
01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
If I recall correctly (guitarNazi and myself were still zygotes at the time), Horry has hit several huge shots to help win it all in crucial moments. Those Kleenex Bums who were suspended? None... ERGO... (ergo) Horry's absense was exponentially more crushing to the Spurs than those other guys with the other team type guys were to their team, I forget their names. Are they still in the league?

jmanu20
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
To me, the funniest thing about the whole hip check brouhaha was how one, ONE play turned the Spurs from soft to "dirty." Yet if that was a Laker or Celtic who did that, if would have been "playoff basketball."