PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson: Dunk contest ‘set up’ for Griffin

duncan228
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Just the quotes, hit the link for the whole piece.

Nate: Dunk contest ‘set up’ for Griffin (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/01/08/nate-dunk-contest-set-up-for-griffin/)
Steve Aschburner
NBA.com

...“Of course. They set it up like that. They set it up for Blake to win it like that,” Robinson said before the Boston Celtics faced the Chicago Bulls Saturday night at United Center.

...“Everything. It’s all set up,” said the Celtics’ guard, who “retired” from the dunk contest after winning in Dallas last February. “But we’ll see. I’m not saying he can’t dunk, because he can. Though we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully the guys that are in there with him will give him some competition and put on a show. Because that’s all it’s for — it’s a show. That’s the whole meaning of the dunk contest.”

...There is no automatic bond between Robinson and Jennings, the Bucks point guard who will be the smallest man in this year’s field. “I’ve never seen him dunk,” Robinson said. “I’m interested to see what he’s going to do, but I’ve never seen him get a dunk in a game yet. So I’m just waiting patiently.”

...Said Robinson: “That’s why he has to have charisma. He has to do somnething that hasn’t been done. If I was a judge, that’s how I’d judge a dunk contest. ‘If I can do it, I’m not giving good points.’ He’s got to do something difficult that I know I can’t do.

“That’s how I would judge it. You’ve got to do something spectacular. Even if it’s like something somebody has done, you have to make it look even better. Add your own little flair.”

...“They should bring back the music,” Robinson said. “Back in the day, when other guys dunked, they used to play music and get guys kind of hypede. Now they’ve taken away from that. You should be able to play whatever song you want to get you hyped. Then afterwards, you can do your antics or whatever the case may be. But it would make it more fun. It’s a stage, right? People coming to watch?”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/01/08/nate-dunk-contest-set-up-for-griffin/

ElNono
01-09-2011, 06:21 PM
:cry:cry:cry

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Nate needs to shut up. He's one of the major reasons along with many btw, the Slam Dunk Contest has lost its appeal.

The fans have been longing for a 1 on 1 for such a long time now, the league needs to listen its consumers. Bring the games brightest and best players for a one on one just for fun.

rayjayjohnson
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
What a whiney little faggot.

Jelloisjigglin
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Nate needs to shut up. He's one of the major reasons along with many btw, the Slam Dunk Contest has lost its appeal.

Agreed. The slam dunk contest is a joke now.

pauls931
01-09-2011, 07:00 PM

I thought it began with Michael Finley trying to do a cartwheel.

Venti Quattro
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
If Nate joins he'll still find a way to win just because he's small and can jump

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Michael Finley's cartwheel attempt was a failure but it brought amusement and laughter in the crowd, this was before all the gimmicks came, so it was kinda fresh. Alos that was back in 97 IIRC and Kobe Bryant somehow managed to save the event because there was this tremendous amount of hype surrounding him. I think Nate Robinson's gazillion dunk attempt was the most painful to watch. When I saw that, I told myself there's no way this event will recover from this embarassment.

Really if you look at its recent history, I think Nate Robinson is probably one of its worst winner along with Fred Jones.

itzsoweezee
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
he's right, though. it's basically blake griffin and some handpicked guys who can't dunk worth shit.

itzsoweezee
01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Really if you look at its recent history, I think Nate Robinson is probably one of its worst winner along with Fred Jones.

Kobe's win was worse.

BRHornet45
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
sons I stopped watching the dunk contest after Dwight Howard won it with a layup

resistanze
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
sons I stopped watching the dunk contest after Dwight Howard won it with a layup

Son you should've stopped when Nate won it on his 89th attempt back in '06.

hitmanyr2k
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM

All-star weekend as a whole has been complete shit for awhile now including the game itself.

Darrin
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Irony.

Rummpd
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Iggy and Howard both did better dunks than Nate who won due to the empathy votes for the short guy

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
sounds like a bitter man

ohmwrecker
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
What a whiney little faggot.

Is he wrong?

rayjayjohnson
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes.

The Batman
01-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I thought it began with Michael Finley trying to do a cartwheel.

The Obligatory

ZHIoS9ZUupI

layup lol
RPAh40LD4D0

The Batman
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
K_ksqrFQPgU

rayjayjohnson
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Whatevs.

That Chris Andersen is long dead.

Fireball
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
There is no automatic bond between Robinson and Jennings, the Bucks point guard who will be the smallest man in this year’s field. “I’ve never seen him dunk,” Robinson said. “I’m interested to see what he’s going to do, but I’ve never seen him get a dunk in a game yet. So I’m just waiting patiently.”

Idiot. When was the last time he dunked in a game. I bet Jennings did it this season.

rayjayjohnson
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Search YouTube for Jennings dunks. There's heaps.

Jennings is the dark horse this year imo

cheguevara
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
LOL this coming from the little niglet who was allowed 102,030,123 attempts to finish a dunk