PDA

View Full Version : Eagle wide receivers pic 'shop request

Fabbs
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Can you get this Philly wide receiver in a proper Eagle uniform please?
http://www.thesixthnonsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/supertard.jpg
Or is this Andy Reid?
either way.....

Hooks
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
lol @ all the people that blamed McNabb over the years for the Eagles' short comings.

crc21209
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Outside of Jackson, all of the receivers for the Eagles suck. Avant and Maclin are constantly dropping passes like crazy...

vander
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
lol @ all the people that blamed McNabb over the years for the Eagles' short comings.

huh?

if anything the Eagles success this year shows just how average Mcnabb really was,
Reid can win with Mcnabb, Kolb, or Vick all the same, but none of them are top tier QBs, and that's why he didn't/won't win any SB(s) with any of them

Hooks
01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
huh?

if anything the Eagles success this year shows just how average Mcnabb really was,
Reid can win with Mcnabb, Kolb, or Vick all the same, but none of them are top tier QBs, and that's why he didn't/won't win any SB(s) with any of them

Vick is a fucken beast, his level of play is amazing. Imagine Brady in an Eagles uniform, what would he have done with ALL that pressure? Dude doesn't have the legs like Vick to avoid sacks, go ahead and watch a Patriots game, he has ALL day long behind his o-line. Brady would've been murdered out there. Even Brady himself said he was in awe of Vick's play.

Kolb is garbage lol, the ONLY games he's succeeded in were against defenses that were ranked almost dead last in the league (I'm not making this up, go ahead and look for yourself). If you manage to pressure Kolb he'll either throw an INT or get sacked.

Hooks
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
huh?

Oh and about that Superbowl, they never won a Superbowl because the defense choked in EVERY SINGLE big game they have ever played.

Defense wins championships doesn't it?

Combined stats from the Eagles' defense from 6 games total:

01 02 03 08 Title Games, Superbowl, 09 Wild card

Passing yards allowed: 1,332=222 passing yard average
Rushing yards allowed: 777=130 rushing yard average
Interceptions over those 6 games: 1 (Just a single INT over 6 games)
Forced Fumbles: 3 (Again, inability of the defense to create TO's)
Sacks: 7 (Just 7 sacks over 6 games is TERRIBLE)
Points allowed: 153=26 Ppg (HORRIBLE! 26 PPG is inexcusable)

Combine that horrible defense with NO running game on the offense (The Eagles haven't had a legit running game since '03 with Staley) and it's a recipe for disaster.

Doesn't help that the play calling is predictable as well, Brooking said it in '09:
""The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didn’t play his best, but they were very predictable," said Brooking of the Eagles' offense (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4667335/brooking-eagles-making-big-mistake-with-mcnabb). "We knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didn’t have to do with Donovan McNabb."

And a Bengals DB even said it back in 06-07.

Can't forget about the starters as well:
Thrash, G Lewis, C Lewis, Pinkston, Mitchell, Curtis, LJ Smith, Brown, Baskett, etc. Every single one of them aside of B-West was literally a 4-5th string quality player. McNabb was THAT good in his prime. Reid and Jeff Lurie are both cheapskates, all they do is sign undrafted FA's, cheap vets and crappy vets.

Despite all that McNabb/B-West were able to carry the Eagles to the playoffs all those years.

I'm not sure if you remember but McNabb FINALLY called out the Eagles Front Office to acquire play makers in '08 or else he'd walk.

Do you know who they signed?

Peters, Weaver, Vick, Samuel drafted: Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy.

W/out McNabb ever calling out the front office in the media like that every single one of those players wouldn't be in an Eagles uniform and this team would be in rebuilding mode.

Sorry I typed so much but you needed to be educated son.

MannyIsGod
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
huh?

Wait, WHAT?

:lmao

LnGrrrR
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Brady and Vick are both beasts. Brady is better than Vick would be in NE and Vick is better in PHI than Brady would be.

This is true.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Oh and about that Superbowl, they never won a Superbowl because the defense choked in EVERY SINGLE big game they have ever played.

Defense wins championships doesn't it?

Combined stats from the Eagles' defense from 6 games total:

01 02 03 08 Title Games, Superbowl, 09 Wild card

Passing yards allowed: 1,332=222 passing yard average
Rushing yards allowed: 777=130 rushing yard average
Interceptions over those 6 games: 1 (Just a single INT over 6 games)
Forced Fumbles: 3 (Again, inability of the defense to create TO's)
Sacks: 7 (Just 7 sacks over 6 games is TERRIBLE)
Points allowed: 153=26 Ppg (HORRIBLE! 26 PPG is inexcusable)

Combine that horrible defense with NO running game on the offense (The Eagles haven't had a legit running game since '03 with Staley) and it's a recipe for disaster.

Doesn't help that the play calling is predictable as well, Brooking said it in '09:
""The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didn’t play his best, but they were very predictable," said Brooking of the Eagles' offense (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4667335/brooking-eagles-making-big-mistake-with-mcnabb). "We knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didn’t have to do with Donovan McNabb."

And a Bengals DB even said it back in 06-07.

Can't forget about the starters as well:
Thrash, G Lewis, C Lewis, Pinkston, Mitchell, Curtis, LJ Smith, Brown, Baskett, etc. Every single one of them aside of B-West was literally a 4-5th string quality player. McNabb was THAT good in his prime. Reid and Jeff Lurie are both cheapskates, all they do is sign undrafted FA's, cheap vets and crappy vets.

Despite all that McNabb/B-West were able to carry the Eagles to the playoffs all those years.

I'm not sure if you remember but McNabb FINALLY called out the Eagles Front Office to acquire play makers in '08 or else he'd walk.

Do you know who they signed?

Peters, Weaver, Vick, Samuel drafted: Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy.

W/out McNabb ever calling out the front office in the media like that every single one of those players wouldn't be in an Eagles uniform and this team would be in rebuilding mode.

Sorry I typed so much but you needed to be educated son.

Thx for the write-up. McNabb sucks.

Hooks
01-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Thx for the write-up. McNabb sucks.

10 years of carrying your team on your back with injury plagued seasons will do that to a player.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 04:09 AM
10 years of carrying your team on your back with injury plagued seasons will do that to a player.

He wasn't a big game player. I don't have the stats in front of me but I remember a lot of those NFC Championships and playoff games.

In 2000 they put up 10 pts against the Giants in the playoffs (not getting it done). This was his 2nd playoff game iirc, tho...and if I'm not mistaken Michael Strahan was abusing Jon Runyan all game.

In 2001 they made a great run at the NFC Championship, and the Eagles had the ball around the 50 yard line with 2 minutes or so left in the game, down by only 5 or 6 to the Rams. Didn't get it done...To be fair they exceeded expectations this year, but Brady did the deed 2 weeks later with arguably less talent.

In 2002 he straight up choked in the NFC title game. The Eagles scored only 10 points and 7 of them came off a long Duce Staley TD run to open the game. Can't forget his pick-6 to Ronde that sealed the deal, either.

In 2003 that NFCCG was an abomination...something like 14-0 or 14-3 to Carolina. All I remember of that game was a crazy DeShaun Foster TD run...other than that nothing stood out, including Donovan.

In 2004, The Eagle D held the Patriots to 24 points (3 or 4 pts below their season avg iirc), and the Eagle offense scored only 21 (below their season avg)...and I think we all remember his out-of-shape, puking, slow-motion 2-minute drill that was painful to watch at the end.

In 2006, Jeff Garcia saved their season

In 2008 he played well, even in the NFCCG...defense let them down
In 2009 he allowed the Cowboys to get their first playoff win since monica was blowing bill.

In the first 4 seasons I agree that he had shit receivers, but he was also more athletic then and could make plays with his legs. Still, when it came down to him needing to throw the ball, he was a choker in the big game.