PDA

View Full Version : What move(s) can the Spurs make at the trade deadline...

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 12:20 AM
...to combat the Lakers size in the playoffs?

Baby Drew is fresh off an impressive practice tonight and looks only to get better as the season progresses.

Personally I feel that Pop needs to throw Splitter to the wolves and see what he can do for you guys, cause you need another polished big when the real season begins.

Either way, hope Pop or the Spurs FO do something...would be a shame to see such a promising season go to waste.
:toast

DJ Mbenga
01-10-2011, 12:21 AM
hire a hitman to blow out bonners knees so pop is forced to play splitter

ElNono
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Lakers can't guard 6'0 Blair...

Fabbs
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
:lol
Notice how it's Spurs opponents who love seeing the Bonbon come playoff time.

CIA Pop.
He's won 4 titles you know.

ElNono
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
And lol @ getting a boner when the Knicks don't even have one seven footer...

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
And lol @ getting a boner when the Knicks don't even have one seven footer...

It was a practice...did you take it as something more?

ElNono
01-10-2011, 12:33 AM
It was a practice...did you take it as something more?

Looks like it got you excited enough to start a thread up here...
But let's just pretend for a moment you don't really care... :rolleyes

TE
01-10-2011, 12:34 AM
The Lakers don't match up well with the Spurs.

Athleticism > Size, in some instances tbh

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 12:37 AM
They stomped the Lakers with the personel they have now.

Why change? Because Bynum had a good game?

You Laker fans are so cute when Bynum has a good game. Get all excited and post in the Spurs forum. It is sooooo adorable.

NOW GTFO!!!

UnWantedTheory
01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
If Spurs fans think that the Lakers will be all that easy come the PO's, well then your crazy. It will be the Lakers or the Spurs in the Finals most likely, so don't underestimate them. Spurs fans should know better than to write off a team like that, considering that it's been done to us many years. Let us not forget the Lakers will still pose certain matchup problems for us. We beat them once so far, it isn't as if we have a season sweep going on. Also, despite our record, it isn't like we have played all that well the last couple of weeks either.

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:04 AM
If Spurs fans think that the Lakers will be all that easy come the PO's, well then your crazy. It will be the Lakers or the Spurs in the Finals most likely, so don't underestimate them. Spurs fans should know better than to write off a team like that, considering that it's been done to us many years. Let us not forget the Lakers will still pose certain matchup problems for us. We beat them once so far, it isn't as if we have a season sweep going on. Also, despite our record, it isn't like we have played all that well the last couple of weeks either.

We might not even play them come playoff time... Why even worry?
And even if they do, it's not like the shit we talk to each other here has any impact on the game.

With that in mind...

lol dominated by Blair
lol 6-24 chucker
lol blow out loss

:lol

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:07 AM

I leave the worrying about underestimating to the coaching staff. I am a fan, why should I fear the fucking Lakers in the playoffs? (unless I throw something at Artest) I am not the one playing. I am just there to yell and scream my head off and heckle the shit outta the Lakers and their mostly retarded fans. Damnit, I am gonna do it too.

I do not fear the Lakers. Neither should you. You are a fan, support the team. It isn't the end of the world you know.

The Lakers can eat shit until they meet the Spurs in the playoffs. Then, they can eat the shit the Spurs cover them with after they sweep that overrated bitch-made Laker team.

FTL FOR LIFE BITCHES!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I leave the worrying about underestimating to the coaching staff. I am a fan, why should I fear the fucking Lakers in the playoffs? (unless I throw something at Artest) I am not the one playing. I am just there to yell and scream my head off and heckle the shit outta the Lakers and their mostly retarded fans. Damnit, I am gonna do it too.

I do not fear the Lakers. Neither should you. You are a fan, support the team. It isn't the end of the world you know.

The Lakers can eat shit until they meet the Spurs in the playoffs. Then, they can eat the shit the Spurs cover them with after they sweep that overrated bitch-made Laker team.

FTL FOR LIFE BITCHES!!!!

That was inspiring :tu

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:12 AM
With the Butler injury, the Lakers are gonna cruise to the Finals again for the 4th straight year, per the usual

SenorSpur
01-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Let's everyone not fall into the trap. We all know the style of play in the playoffs is drastically different than that of the regular season. What a team gets away with during the season will only become exposed in the playoffs.

Depsite what we may think of the Fakers and their current struggles, they are still a formidable opponent. They have a team with size, skill and one that is built for the playoffs. They also have the only NBA coach that can match wits and strategies with Pop - Phil Jackson. They also have the game's ultimate assassin, Kobe Bryant. No one should fear the Fakers, but they deserve respect. After all, they ARE the 2-time defending NBA champions. Rest assured Pop and crew will respect them.

All that said, it's troubling to think the Spurs could possibly be heading to the playoffs seeking to cast their fortunes primarily with superior guard play, an uptempo style of transition basketball, and more importantly sub-standard defense. It's a scary thought.

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM
With the Butler injury, the Lakers are gonna cruise to the Finals again for the 4th straight year, per the usual

:lmao

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM
with the butler injury, the lakers are gonna cruise to the finals again for the 4th straight year, per the usual

lol pinked!!!

Lol butler!!!

Lol stacked!!!

Lol failure!!!

Lol bandwagon laker fag!!

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Dallas needs to get out of the first round... with Butler...

K-State Spur
01-10-2011, 01:19 AM
so long as Kobe shoots 10-28, i don't care how many 7 footers the lakers have...

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
:lmao

lol thinking any team in the West can beat LA

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
lol thinking any team in the West can beat LA

lol thinking Dallas matters in the playoffs

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:22 AM
lol thinking SA will matter either

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Let's everyone not fall into the trap. We all know the style of play in the playoffs is drastically different than that of the regular season. What a team gets away with during the season will only become exposed in the playoffs.

Depsite what we may think of the Fakers and their currently struggles, they ARE the 2-time defending NBA champions. They have a team with size, skill and one that is built for the playoffs. They also have the only NBA coach that can match wits and strategies with Pop - Phil Jackson. No one should fear the Fakers, but they deserve respect. Rest assured Pop and crew will respect them.

All that said, it's troubling to think the Spurs could possibly be heading to the playoffs seeking to cast their fortunes primarily with superior guard play, an uptempo style of transition basketball, and more importantly sub-standard defense. It's a scary thought.

Of course I respectED the Lakers. This is a new season. They can all ride the shit sandwich straight leading them to fuckville, USA.

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:23 AM
lol thinking any team in the west can beat la

lol thinking your mavs would!!

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM

lol maverick denial!!!

lol contagious!!

lol deluded!!!

lol broken dreams!!!

lol tears!!!

lol needs to schedule a "had a 2 game lead and blew it in the finals" parade.

lol first round failures to 7 and 8 seeds in 7 game format.

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
lol thinking your mavs would!!

Atleast I actually realize the Mavs have no shot and have given up already.

:lol Sad thing is that you guys will waste months and months getting your hopes up only to get your hearts broken and realize that you're just another stepping stone for LA.

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Atleast I actually realize the Mavs have no shot and have given up already.

:lol Sad thing is that you guys will waste months and months getting your hopes up only to get your hearts broken and realize that you're just another stepping stone for LA.

lol giving up early!

lol calling yourself a fan

lol making up excuses for your pussified behavior

lol Cuban turning you into the pussy you are.

lol not strong enough to have heart broken multiple times

lol for the sake of lol'ing.

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:29 AM
lol butthurt

xellos88330
That was inspiring :tu

Why thank you! :toast

Now.... GTFO OF OUR FORUM!!! :toast

DeadlyDynasty
My question still stands...what moves can SA make to compete with LA in the playoffs?

Pop and Co. know that being the Phoenix Suns 2.0 is not going to cut it. To suggest otherwise is to insult your own team.

xellos88330
lol butthurt

lol gay reference

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:30 AM

lol Dallas Lakers fan

BUMP
lol 3rd world country

xellos88330
My question still stands...what moves can SA make to compete with LA in the playoffs?

Pop and Co. know that being the Phoenix Suns 2.0 is not going to cut it. To suggest otherwise is to insult your own team.

I believe I already answered that question. Don't like the answer????

Well too bad!!! :toast

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM
lol 3rd world country

lol geography fail

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM

Last I checked, the team circling the calendar was the Lakers...

lol intensive practices...

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:32 AM
lol meltdown

BUMP
lol geography fail

lol talking to ElNono

BUMP
lol FTL

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
lol talking to ElNono

lol geography fail
lol pink

BUMP
lol Team: San Antonio Spurs

lol SpursTalk Cash: $0

lol Post Count: 23,266

xellos88330
Last I checked, the team circling the calendar was the Lakers...

lol intensive practices...

you forgot...

lol chucking superstar chucking to make himself still feel relevant

lol blaming teammates for missing most of his shots

lol bone on bone

lol can't rape white chicks anymore with a bad knee

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
lol Team: Dallas Mavericks

lol Post Count: 7,068

xellos88330

ahemm...

lol nobody has spurstalk cash

BUMP
lol Team: Dallas Mavericks

lol Post Count: 7,068

lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=8054&dateline=1237178306

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:35 AM
I thought ST was the pinnacle of classy basketball discussion :(

ElNono

lol http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=6341&dateline=1288933053

xellos88330
lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=8054&dateline=1237178306

lol wtf is that!!!

No seriously... wtf is that? Potato head?

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:36 AM
lol Position
Pass-First Guard

lol Favorite Team
San Antonio Spurs

lol Name
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ "Yo

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:36 AM
lol Fabbs

lol lurking

lol thinking of nicknames

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:37 AM
I thought ST was the pinnacle of classy basketball discussion :(

lol not noticing lakers/mavs started this shit

lol wanting classy talk now

ElNono
lol can't start threads
lol mavfan
lol already quit on his team and it's not even halfway through the season
lol Butler matters :lmao

xellos88330
lol bored now... gonna go find another thread to fuck around in

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:39 AM
lol lakerfan getting a boner over one good Bynum game

ElNono
lol 7/7 ectasy

DeadlyDynasty

Thanks for the heads up :tu

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:41 AM
lol 7/7 ectasy

you're getting too worked up, brah...we're all friends here

BUMP
lol ElNono

lol Annoying Mav Fan

lol rEgUlaToR!!!!

BUMP

lol nobody cares

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:42 AM
lol nobody cares

lol you replied

lol waiting till i am gone to have the last word

lol cya later bum(p)

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:42 AM
lol thought you were leaving

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:43 AM
lol ElNono

That's me, tbh

lol Annoying Mav Fan

lol rEgUlaToR!!!!

That's not me, tbh... Kori can confirm.
I actually know who rEgUlaToR is.

ElNono
you're getting too worked up, brah...we're all friends here

I'm about to go to sleep.. that's how worked up I am... :sleep

BUMP
lol who is it

lol both are pretty funny, tbh

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:44 AM
lol cya later bum(p)

that was a sick burn. i'm stealing that

ElNono
01-10-2011, 01:44 AM
lol who is it

lol both are pretty funny, tbh

lol he was outed in the Politics forum, IIRC

lol I agree they're pretty funny

UnWantedTheory
01-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Wow this thread mostly consisted of 3 idiots LoL'ing...cool.

UnWantedTheory
01-10-2011, 02:42 AM
...lol.

rmt
01-10-2011, 04:27 AM
so long as Kobe shoots 10-28, i don't care how many 7 footers the lakers have...

Huh? He shot 6-24 in game 7 and they still won.

Kobe's not going to make the same mistake against SA as last game in the playoffs. They're going to pound it into the post, and we'll moan and complain while they overpower SA's frontline.

UnWantedTheory
01-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Huh? He shot 6-24 in game 7 and they still won.

Kobe's not going to make the same mistake against SA as last game in the playoffs. They're going to pound it into the post, and we'll moan and complain while they overpower SA's frontline.

G-Dawgg
01-10-2011, 07:10 AM
hire a hitman to blow out bonners knees so pop is forced to play splitter

Why would you want Pop to play someone so much shittier than Bonner?
Omg....maybe somebody should shoot-out George Hill's knees so Quinn can get some burn too huh? :lol

I'd be all about Tiago getting more court time if he was actually good, or useful, but unfortunately he's really way overrated.

if you ask me, I'd say let the red rocket bomb-away...

silverblk mystix
01-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Why would you want Pop to play someone so much shittier than Bonner?
Omg....maybe somebody should shoot-out George Hill's knees so Quinn can get some burn too huh? :lol

I'd be all about Tiago getting more court time if he was actually good, or useful, but unfortunately he's really way overrated.

if you ask me, I'd say let the red rocket bomb-away...

Give Splitter the SAME minutes that Bonner gets and you will be singing a different tune.

It has taken Bonner YEARS ...to STILL suck as bad as he does and hit a 3 once in a while....

and you expect Splitter to show how good he can be ....all while
getting DNP after DNP...

you are an idiot...

silverblk mystix
01-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Baby Drew is fresh off an impressive practice tonight and looks only to get better as the season progresses.

Personally I feel that Pop needs to throw Splitter to the wolves and see what he can do for you guys, cause you need another polished big when the real season begins.

Either way, hope Pop or the Spurs FO do something...would be a shame to see such a promising season go to waste.

the question should be ...what do the lakers have to do...
answer;
increase their bloated payroll with another collusion type trade to maybe have a chance

MoSpur
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I think the thread starter asks a good question. Who cares if he started the thread because Bynum finally had a good game. Its a good question. The Spurs obviously don't have a front court to win the title. Let's not kid ourselves. Their defense sucks compared to the years we won titles. Its not even close. The Spurs have been dominated by the T-Wolves front court this year. The Lakers have a good front court despite their record. I think they'll pick it up in the post season and what are the Spurs gonna do to challenge the Lakers front court?

For some reason Splitter isn't getting play time and doesn't seem like he's gonna get any anytime soon. Dice is the ultimate pro and might do some good against Gasol, but IDK if its enough. Bonner...well we all know he can't play good post defense when it matters. The Spurs need help in the front court no matter what you say. Our record right now is deceiving.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I think the thread starter asks a good question. Who cares if he started the thread because Bynum finally had a good game. Its a good question. The Spurs obviously don't have a front court to win the title. Let's not kid ourselves. Their defense sucks compared to the years we won titles. Its not even close. The Spurs have been dominated by the T-Wolves front court this year. The Lakers have a good front court despite their record. I think they'll pick it up in the post season and what are the Spurs gonna do to challenge the Lakers front court?

For some reason Splitter isn't getting play time and doesn't seem like he's gonna get any anytime soon. Dice is the ultimate pro and might do some good against Gasol, but IDK if its enough. Bonner...well we all know he can't play good post defense when it matters. The Spurs need help in the front court no matter what you say. Our record right now is deceiving.

Would you want SAS to make a move for another serviceable big? If so, what would you be willing to part with?

It's still not too late to give Splitter plenty of run before the playoffs. They're probably not going to finish any worse than 2 or 3 seed--and if Splitter proves he can be useful--they could hold onto the #1 spot.

Anyways, it's a probably that needs to be remedied.

The_Worlds_finest
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Lol laker fan who's team is 2nd tier team ytalking smack. Lol Matt barnes dunski, lol steve blake, lol drew Bynum one bad landing from a an ended season. Lol thinking the spurs are old. Lol spurs dominating Kobe the first meet up of the season....I can keep going, somebody stop me!

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Lol laker fan who's team is 2nd tier team ytalking smack. Lol Matt barnes dunski, lol steve blake, lol drew Bynum one bad landing from a an ended season. Lol thinking the spurs are old. Lol spurs dominating Kobe the first meet up of the season....I can keep going, somebody stop me!

Keep going...sooner or later you'll hit upon something relevant :tu

Horse
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
The real concern is not the lakers players, it's their whiny bitch coach. We see it every year going back to the bulls days. He crys like a bitch at the presser and the rest of that series his team is favored. Remember 04 Tony fucking killed them game one ane two phil starts bitching and Tony disappears cause now l.a. can literally rape him when he drives the lane. I mean really you think he just forgot how to play all the sudden?

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
The real concern is not the lakers players, it's their whiny bitch coach. We see it every year going back to the bulls days. He crys like a bitch at the presser and the rest of that series his team is favored. Remember 04 Tony fucking killed them game one ane two phil starts bitching and Tony disappears cause now l.a. can literally rape him when he drives the lane. I mean really you think he just forgot how to play all the sudden?

It's playoff basketball, scro...Pepe le Parker thought he could sashay into the lane unopposed w/o getting knocked on his ass. Oh well.

tp2021
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
At least I...have given up already

Like a tremendous frontrunning faggot. :toast

mando6599
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm banking on Mr. Glass himself, Andrew Bynum, to break again anytime soon so this thread is moot. Lakers fans, come back here when Bynum plays a full and healthy season without missing games with bad knees and/or ankles.

The_Worlds_finest
01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Sure dude, your team struggling isn't relevent, sure Kobe and team wanting to beat the spurs but getting slaughtered isn't relevant. Ur team has issues, it's not the spurs that need a trade mate, it's ur sorry ass old team. Riding a busted Kobe and a coach who has been figured out.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm banking on Mr. Glass himself, Andrew Bynum, to break again anytime soon so this thread is moot. Lakers fans, come back here when Bynum plays a full and healthy season without missing games with bad knees and/or ankles.

He's played the last 40 playoff games for us. Perhaps you should pray a little harder.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Sure dude, your team struggling isn't relevent, sure Kobe and team wanting to beat the spurs but getting slaughtered isn't relevant. Ur team has issues, it's not the spurs that need a trade mate, it's ur sorry ass old team. Riding a busted Kobe and a coach who has been figured out.

The Lakers do this every year...it's a re-run. If you think being the Suns 2.0 is going to cut it in the playoffs then more power to ya :toast

mando6599
01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
He's played the last 40 playoff games for us. Perhaps you should pray a little harder.

Your point again? I'm not one that hopes for anyone to get hurt, but I'm stating that it more than likely will happen sooner than later.

Ditty
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
lol this thread is full of win

I think the Spurs still need at least one bench scorer more at the wing..I would love the Spurs to get Martell Webster for a 1st round pick, but if Marcus Camby gets bought out also, if he is traded, I would love for the Spurs to pick him up, and leave Splitter on the bench to learn. I see Splitter situation this year as that 1st round quarterback in the NFL being benched all season to learn the pro game

Camby/Mcdyess
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Jefferson/Webster/Anderson
Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Hill

we stackedddddddddddddddddddddd

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
DeadlyDynasty,

Here is a serious answer for you.

Everyone knows that the Lakers have a HUGE frontcourt. They are however pretty weak on the perimeter. I understand a lot of media people talk about the 3pt shooting of the Spurs. They never talk about the slashing ability of said shooters. The Spurs are no longer 1 dimensional outside the arc and Manu and TP. All the Spurs players have shown the ability to attack the rim and finish. The Laker bigs will be under constant pressure because I do not think that the Lakers perimeter is fast enough to keep up with their Spurs counterparts. This is the HUGE reason why a smaller Blair went off on the Lakers. Guard penetration. The Laker bigs were CONSTANTLY getting pulled out of position because the perimeter defense of the Lakers was getting shredded. And don't forget you still have Duncan to deal with.

The Spurs have a decent enough shot guarding at least one of the Lakers bigs. The other one, could possibly have big games, but with the problems the Spurs create on the other end of the floor, one can only be excited about the matchup. If Popovich does find a way to get Splitter more time, it will help, although how much is still a mystery. The Spurs still have McDyess too. He helps out more than you know.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Your point again? I'm not one that hopes for anyone to get hurt, but I'm stating that it more than likely will happen sooner than later.

Really? Dude you're amazing, PM me this week's lotto #'s while you're at it :toast

The_Worlds_finest
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah your lying to your self if you think the spurs are anything like the suns. U idiot Tim Duncan is twice if not three times the player as Kobe. If Duncan was in la instead of Kobe he would have ten rings. Tim Duncan took the equal of seattle and turned them into a legendary franchise. Kobe simply rides the slong of other players.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
DeadlyDynasty,

Everyone knows that the Lakers have a HUGE frontcourt. They are however pretty weak on the perimeter. I understand a lot of media people talk about the 3pt shooting of the Spurs. They never talk about the slashing ability of said shooters. The Spurs are no longer 1 dimensional outside the arc and Manu and TP. All the Spurs players have shown the ability to attack the rim and finish. The Laker bigs will be under constant pressure because I do not think that the Lakers perimeter is fast enough to keep up with their Spurs counterparts. This is the HUGE reason why a smaller Blair went off on the Lakers. Guard penetration. The Laker bigs were CONSTANTLY getting pulled out of position because the perimeter defense of the Lakers was getting shredded. And don't forget you still have Duncan to deal with.

The Spurs have a decent enough shot guarding at least one of the Lakers bigs. The other one, could possibly have big games, but with the problems the Spurs create on the other end of the floor, one can only be excited about the matchup. If Popovich does find a way to get Splitter more time, it will help, although how much is still a mystery. The Spurs still have McDyess too. He helps out more than you know.

Fair enough response. Would you rather have a good perimeter team or frontcourt team for the playoffs?

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Fair enough response. Would you rather have a good perimeter team or frontcourt team for the playoffs?

I would rather have both. :toast

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
If going by history, and I had to choose one or the other, frontcourt hands down.

The main reason why I believe the Spurs perimeter can get it done vs. LA, isn't just because of the win they had earlier against them, but the fact that there is so much energy/athleticism/talent across the board. They can shoot, they can run, they can get scrappy defensively, quick hands, and can score from any spot on the court. Not just one player but ALL of them. It makes the Spurs perimeter very difficult to predict. Makes for a ton to remember defensively for the Lakers. With the Lakers bigs always with their eyes on the perimeter, it leaves opportunity for the Spurs frontcourt.

elec99
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I would dare guess that it would be easier at this time of year to find a 7 footer who can clog the lane defensively (splitter doesnt seem to fit the bill) than to find 2-3 guards who can slash/drive and shoot. Numbers being the simple reason. Should always be easier to get one guy to learn the system than three. But lets see if any of this happens.

Keeping in mind we arent really even looking for any offensive skills in the 7 footer, whereas you would need those offensive skills in acquiring the 2-3 guards.

TimmehC
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
DeadlyDynasty,

The goods. You don't beat your biggest opponent by playing the game "their" way, you beat them by taking them out of their comfort zone.

Martin R
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM

+1

Lakers look much like the previous seasons Spurs, they look (and are) old, slow, struggling in the season....BUT, when PO time arrives, that's totally different.
We all should know by now that PO tempo is slower than season's. Each posession in GOLD, so I think the LAKERS are STILL the team to beat and they will be extremelly difficult to beat if the seed 3rd o 4th at the end of the season.
All they need is a good 1st PO series to get it going....

pad300
01-10-2011, 03:38 PM

The problem is, he usually breaks down after 40 to 60 games, has a break before the playoffs of about 2 months and can at least play in some games...
(05/06 - 46 games, 07/08 - 35 game, 08/09 - 50 games, 09/10 - 65 games).

He's played 12 games so far this season. The Lakers have 48 or so to play. 12 + 48 = 60. If this time he breaks down just before the playoffs and needs a 2 month layoff...

The history is pretty clear. Still, I'd like to see Splitter get a little more floor time. I'd also look into picking up a buyout big after the trade deadline...

portnoy1
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
It looks like the Carmelo Trade is going to happen, I think it would be a good move if the spurs jump in and try to grab Troy Murphy. He is 6-11 and shoots the 3 well and is a solid rebounder. This season he hasnt played so well but in the spurs system his job would be simple; Shoot the 3 and rebound.

He is an expiring contract, and if his numbers in the past prove true he would be a great addition to the Spurs. If he shoots as bad the same percentage he has been shooting this year, then at least its another big guy the spurs have to take fouls and take up space.

One of the reasons pop wont play splitter is because he clogs the floor on the offensive end. Bonner plays the most big man minutes next to behind Duncan, simply because he stretches the floor and is a passable defender/rebounder. Murphy Can do the same thing with better size and a better offensive/defensive output despite what this years numbers reveal.

This season: 16mpg / 3.6pts / 4.2rbs / 17.4 3pt fg%
09-10: 33mpg / 15pts / 10rbs / 38.4 3pt fg%
08-09: 34mpg / 14pts / 12rbs (ranked 2nd behind dwight howard) 45.0 3pt fg%

silverblk mystix
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Here's a question for OP/Laker fan...?

Which team blew out the other team the last TWO times they played each other?

Yup...Spurs blew them out the last two times...once in L.A....and once in San Antonio...

THAT should get your attention...you DON'T want to see the lakers play the spurs in the playoffs...

you pray that someone ELSE knocks out the spurs to make it another easy run to the finals..

suitedkings
01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
It looks like the Carmelo Trade is going to happen, I think it would be a good move if the spurs jump in and try to grab Troy Murphy. He is 6-11 and shoots the 3 well and is a solid rebounder. This season he hasnt played so well but in the spurs system his job would be simple; Shoot the 3 and rebound.

He is an expiring contract, and if his numbers in the past prove true he would be a great addition to the Spurs. If he shoots as bad the same percentage he has been shooting this year, then at least its another big guy the spurs have to take fouls and take up space.

One of the reasons pop wont play splitter is because he clogs the floor on the offensive end. Bonner plays the most big man minutes next to behind Duncan, simply because he stretches the floor and is a passable defender/rebounder. Murphy Can do the same thing with better size and a better offensive/defensive output despite what this years numbers reveal.

This season: 16mpg / 3.6pts / 4.2rbs / 17.4 3pt fg%
09-10: 33mpg / 15pts / 10rbs / 38.4 3pt fg%
08-09: 34mpg / 14pts / 12rbs (ranked 2nd behind dwight howard) 45.0 3pt fg%

How do you plan on absorbing an 11 million dollar contract?

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

frodo
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
varejao & pietrus are the triggas, spurs should look seriously into the possibilities of signing them imo. actually triggas would be good additions to any playoff team tbh

ChuckD
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
varejao & pietrus are the triggas, spurs should look seriously into the possibilities of signing them imo. actually triggas would be good additions to any playoff team tbh

Hey dumbass: it's been all over the board for two days. Varejao is out for the year.

frodo
01-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey dumbass: it's been all over the board for two days. Varejao is out for the year.

trigga will get fine just in time for the playoffs, trigga is tough like nut

ElNono
01-11-2011, 01:04 AM
The Lakers do this every year...it's a re-run. If you think being the Suns 2.0 is going to cut it in the playoffs then more power to ya :toast

Keep telling yourself that. Lakers had the number 1 seed and HCA throughout pretty much wrapped when they started fucking around last few seasons.

When was the last time the Lakers won a series without homecourt?

DeadlyDynasty
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Lakers had the number 1 seed and HCA throughout pretty much wrapped when they started fucking around last few seasons.

When was the last time the Lakers won a series without homecourt?

I believe that was the 2004 WCF, not sure though, tbh. Regardless, all it takes is one game to recapture HCA.

For instance, since this most current version/core of Lakers got together:

2008: 2 playoff series closed out on the road
2009: 2 series closed out on the road (including NBA Finals)
2010: 3 series closed out on the road.

LA knows how to take care of business anywhere. To think otherwise would be ignorant to say the least.

As other posters have alluded to, the game slows down drastically in the playoffs, and the teams with the better frontcourt almost always win. Unless of course you happen to have Michael Jordan...

awktalk
01-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Splitter to the Wiz for Blatche.

jjktkk
01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Splitter to the Wiz for Blatche.

Why would Pop want to trade for immature, knucklehead like Blatche? he needs to grow up 1st. Maybe a couple of years down the road, if Blatche gets his shit together.

xellos88330
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I believe that was the 2004 WCF, not sure though, tbh. Regardless, all it takes is one game to recapture HCA.

LA knows how to take care of business anywhere. To think otherwise would be ignorant to say the least.

As other posters have alluded to, the game slows down drastically in the playoffs, and the teams with the better frontcourt almost always win. Unless of course you happen to have Michael Jordan...

It really depends as far as pace is concerned. You can play as fast as you want to. No real reason to slow it down. If a player gets a steal does he run it up the court if there is only 1 person in front of him, or does he walk it up?

You seem to be thinking how the Lakers should play. How the Lakers play shouldn't dictate the offensive gameplan of the Spurs. The Laker bigs will most likely be playing around the basket on the offensive end, making it a much longer run to defend the other side. I am certain the Spurs will exploit that.

As far as frontcourt is concerned, the only ones that are good are the first 3. The others seem to be scrubs (I haven't seen them play much I will admit). The Spurs have a Duncan, Bonner (3pt specialist), McDyess (defense, midrange) Splitter, (huge question mark with him), Blair (scrappy garbage man who cleans up the mess). The Spurs could be potentially 5 deep in the bigs, wheras the Lakers only 3. Each has their own defined role which they are pretty darn good at. To say that the Lakers 3 bigs is all they will need to beat the Spurs deep bench at the 4/5 positions is ludicrous. I mean hell, that is 30 fouls that can be used to beat up on the Laker bigs.

TD 21
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM

It's not the capturing it that is all that difficult, it's the maintaining it after capturing it that is. When you don't have home court against a team the caliber of the Spurs, you can't afford to lose at home. All of the contenders are capable of beating anyone once on the road in a series, but twice? Not impossible, but unlikely.

Lakers fans are arrogant and ignorant enough to think that's a measly task, but what about winning 2-3 series without home court? Even if it's 2, consider the caliber of the teams they'd have to do it against. The Spurs and either the Celtics or Heat, have all been better than the Lakers this season.

Short of a significant injury, I'm not ruling them out, but if you honestly think (and I don't think you do; like most of your brethren, I think you're posturing) they're going to show up and just steamroll those teams because of their size and status as the two-time defending champs, then you flat out haven't been paying attention and you're going to be in for a rude awakening. Unless those teams all suffer significant injuries (like in '09), this will be by far the Lakers toughest road to the championship.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM

What a fucking sad argument. If we're the Suns 2.0, and we beat that ass, what does that say about you?

Your defense is shit this season, they're trying so hard to redeem themselves on offense and failing, & when they win, it's not because of their defense.

Keep on talking shit, so it can be so much sweeter when he obliterate that ass in the playoffs cunt.

DeadlyDynasty
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
What a fucking sad argument. If we're the Suns 2.0, and we beat that ass, what does that say about you?

Your defense is shit this season, they're trying so hard to redeem themselves on offense and failing, & when they win, it's not because of their defense.

Keep on talking shit, so it can be so much sweeter when he obliterate that ass in the playoffs cunt.

I've never seen a fanbase spill so much seed over a regular season win, as spurfan does over the laker win. :rollin

The Bucks beat us much worse--and in LA--so I guess that means Milwaukee would kick LA's ass in the playoffs. :lol

As for your defensive argument...you really show your stupidity here. San Antonio is not only giving up more PPG, but they also allow a higher FG%. All this with LA lolly-gagging it through the regular season. :lmao

Next.

ElNono
01-11-2011, 08:03 PM

Not surprising that you left out the fact that this Lakers core also set a new NBA Finals record in the '08 loss. It was evident they really needed the home court advantage they eventually had the next two seasons.

As far as frontcourts, Drew averages 7/7 in the playoffs. That's not insurmountable production really, and an old Duncan can still compete with the vajeje that is Gasol. We definitely have the bodies to throw out there.
Odom at the wing is actually a bigger mismatch, IMO. And stopping Kobe when he's not in chucker mode is always a challenge.

ChuckD
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Much easier to close out series on the road when you have HCA. The plain fact is that the Lake Show is 11-11 in their last 22 playoff games on the road.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Knowing Pop, there is unlikely to be any trade unless he thinks Splitter is a bust, which I doubt at this point.

We'll be going to war with this team, better get used to the idea. And I think it's deep and flexible enough to win.

TD 21
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I've never seen a fanbase spill so much seed over a regular season win, as spurfan does over the laker win. :rollin

The Bucks beat us much worse--and in LA--so I guess that means Milwaukee would kick LA's ass in the playoffs. :lol

As for your defensive argument...you really show your stupidity here. San Antonio is not only giving up more PPG, but they also allow a higher FG%. All this with LA lolly-gagging it through the regular season. :lmao

Next.

No, you show yours. Entering play tonight, the Spurs were 7th in defensive efficiency at 100.7 and the Lakers were 10th at 101.6. In fact, the only team in the West with a better efficiency rating defensively than the Spurs is the Hornets, who are 6th at 100.0. This is with a lot of the Spurs best defensive personnel either playing limited minutes, sparingly, or not at all.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 12:00 AM
:lmao at suns 2.0. keep thinking that brah.

EricB
01-12-2011, 12:00 AM
When analyzing does a team need a trade in all my stupidity I look at it this way.

Whos available?

What position on the team is the GREATEST need to be improved?

Do the Spurs have enough pieces to trade to get said player if he IS available and would improve the team?

I just dont see anyone available, I don't see a huge need at any position that is a strikingly BAD or position of weakness, and I don't think I want to part with what it would take to trade for a player because then I think it would weaken the team more than strengthen it...

rascal
01-12-2011, 12:09 AM
When analyzing does a team need a trade in all my stupidity I look at it this way.

Whos available?

What position on the team is the GREATEST need to be improved?

Do the Spurs have enough pieces to trade to get said player if he IS available and would improve the team?

I just dont see anyone available, I don't see a huge need at any position that is a strikingly BAD or position of weakness, and I don't think I want to part with what it would take to trade for a player because then I think it would weaken the team more than strengthen it...

I have never seen you want to make a trade ever. You are as conservative as they come. The spurs are not strong on the frontline. Better play from the frontline is needed to get past the bigger teams in the playoffs. Come the playoffs its a new season and the team with better interior play usually wins. The spurs are not getting past a healthy Laker team with Bonner chucking 3s and McDyess/ Blair and forget about Splitter who won't be of any use this year.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 01:08 AM
I have never seen you want to make a trade ever. You are as conservative as they come. The spurs are not strong on the frontline. Better play from the frontline is needed to get past the bigger teams in the playoffs. Come the playoffs its a new season and the team with better interior play usually wins. The spurs are not getting past a healthy Laker team with Bonner chucking 3s and McDyess/ Blair and forget about Splitter who won't be of any use this year.

Good to see someone not buying the fool's gold around here :tu

EricB
01-12-2011, 01:11 AM

Uhm, whos the bigman thats available you want to trade for?

EricB
01-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Good to see someone not buying the fool's gold around here :tu

Good to see lakerfan has nothing better to do than troll another team's board :tu

chazley
01-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Ok, everyone move out of the way so I can obliterate this Laker fan who's obviously still blinded by their last 2 rings.

Let's start off nice and easy... name one Laker who is BETTER now than he was last year. For every one you can name, I can name two that have gotten worse.

Lakers frontcourt is so overrated it's funny.

Perkins doesn't blow out his knee in game 6, you guys wouldn't even have won last year.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Ok, everyone move out of the way so I can obliterate this Laker fan who's obviously still blinded by their last 2 rings.

Let's start off nice and easy... name one Laker who is BETTER now than he was last year. For every one you can name, I can name two that have gotten worse.

Perkins doesn't blow out his knee in game 6, you guys wouldn't even have won last year.

what-if's and speculation is telling me...

chazley
01-12-2011, 01:38 AM

They had an 11-point lead with Rasheed playing out of his mind, and then he ran out of gas and they consequently lost.

They would've won game 7.

jjktkk
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM

Thats front line better be good, cause that perimeter d applied by bone on bone, and granpa Fisher needs some help.

chazley
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
We all know it was the Lakers frontcourt and Ron Artest suddenly turning into superman that won that game for them. I guarantee Perkins would've done something about it, he's their best interior defender.

chazley
01-12-2011, 01:42 AM
and ROFL at comparing this Spurs teams to the Suns teams of the mid 00's

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 01:51 AM
We all know it was the Lakers frontcourt and Ron Artest suddenly turning into superman that won that game for them. I guarantee Perkins would've done something about it, he's their best interior defender.

lol playing the what-if game.

If Dirk hadn't gotten injured in 2003 then they beat the Spurs
If Joe Johnson hadn't gotten injured in 2005 the Suns would've beat the Spurs
If Tim Donaghy didn't rig Game 3, and then the following game the refs don't issue shady ejections, the Suns win that series.

Can that be proved? no, but "I guarantee" it:lmao

if the earth stops spinning we all die.
if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
if you're dad pulled out we would've been spared your rampant stupidity.

oh well...you win some, you lose some

ajh18
01-12-2011, 02:03 AM
The problem is getting adequate talent in return. I think one of the worst things a team can do is try to match up with a rival by trading superior talent for lesser talent at a position that makes that team more closely resemble the team they're trying to beat.

So we get some below average big man with length? Great, now we field a team that surrenders some of its current talent advantages to look more like our opponent... but with worse players (unless someon thinks we can get a player comparable to Bynum, Odom, or Gasol... which I definitely dont).

TheSpursFNRule
01-12-2011, 03:33 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=49waqa5

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 03:37 AM

Why?

BoricuaCJA
01-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Why?
I 2nd that.

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Closet Piston fan? This is beyond ridiculous.

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Not to mention retarded.

tuncaboylu
01-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Fuck the Lakers homer and let's talk about the main subject.

It seems that Gortat didn't fit to Suns system and they're playing him 12 minutes per night in last games. I think they would be happy to get rid of his contract. I'm not a huge fan of Gortat but it would be good for us getting another big body. We can send McDyess to Suns, then they would release him to come back us. They would gain economic profit and we would find a 7 footer against Lakers.

EricB
01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Still waiting rascal for the names of these supposed big men that are available that they aren't trading for....

rascal
01-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Still waiting rascal for the names of these supposed big men that are available that they aren't trading for....

Its not my job to find who is available. No way of knowing who is available unless I worked in the spurs front office. Unless you are a part of the process you can't be aware of who may be available. But I want to see the end results from the front office of adding a quality big to help on the frontline to get the spurs past the bigger teams in the west.

The point is you are content with no moves and are buying into the regular season record.

DAF86
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM

He probably would trade Manu for S-jax and have him play PF.

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
He probably would trade Manu for S-jax and have him play PF.

At least that would be better than trading Manu for Caron Butler, a trade he considered a no brainer.

DPG21920
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Spurs again getting out boarded. Unreal.

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Yes, well...you can't say that Uncle DD didn't tell ya so.

God bless.

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
The Lakers don't match up well with the Spurs.

Athleticism > Size, in some instances tbh

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-01-2011, 06:48 AM

Bye chaz, nice knowing ya :cry

John Basedow
04-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Splitter could've helped, as Spurs got out-rebounded again

crc21209
04-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Splitter could've helped, as Spurs got out-rebounded again

Not his fault he isnt out there. It's all on Mr. CIA over there...