PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone write a good resume?

Avitus1
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
My wife and I have a baby on the way. So I have decided that I think it would be best if I had a better job before the babies arrival. So I am working on a resume however when I read over it I think that it looks very basic looking. I was wondering if anyone on here is good at writing resumes and would be willing to help.

Thanks.

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Depends, what kind of job are you looking for?

Congrats on the kid.

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 12:52 AM
A GOOD RESUME

You are welcome! :toast

Grats on the new addition btw! I am just feeling awefully squirrely tonight. Not sure why. Don't mind me... :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
I am just feeling awefully squirrely tonight. Not sure why.

you get a picture with the coyote tonight?

xellos88330
01-10-2011, 01:50 AM
you get a picture with the coyote tonight?

Been there done that. :lol

Avitus1
01-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Well it would have to be usable for many jobs. I'm going to a job fair on Fort Hood on the 19th and they're supposed to have a lot of different companies hiring.

Avitus1
01-10-2011, 01:53 AM
I want a pic with the Coyote.. and so does my unborn child.... *shifty eyes*

Avitus1
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks by the way. Were really excited we find out the sex tomorrow.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-10-2011, 01:55 AM
I would bet my life savings that

Baseline Bum
FromWayDowntown
CuckingFunt
Whottt
4cc
DarkReign

can all write insanely good resumes

all the rest of us are waiting to be chumpdumped

Avitus1
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks I'll see if I can get someone to help me out.

frodo
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
My wife and I have a baby on the way. So I have decided that I think it would be best if I had a better job before the babies arrival. So I am working on a resume however when I read over it I think that it looks very basic looking. I was wondering if anyone on here is good at writing resumes and would be willing to help.

Thanks.
your probably a bit too strict with yourself imho. it wouldn't be much better even if you asked a pro to write it for you. writing a consume is nothing like writing a poem or novel imho

ashbeeigh
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
your probably a bit too strict with yourself imho. it wouldn't be much better even if you asked a pro to write it for you.

I agree with this. Google is a great resource for resume writing. I wrote several resumes during my job search last year all based off of google searches. While the one that finally got me hired wasn't a template I found online, lots of the info I gathered and implemented from a good google search.

And a job fair at fort hood? Are you sure they aren't just going to send you to USAjobs.gov after all that prep? Keywords are key with that kind of stuff. Research the jobs you want to apply for and get as many of those words in your resume so you get past the resume screeners.

Avitus1
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Your right about a good job fair on Fort Hood, I went to one in August and it sucked. This is an ACAP job fair and people tell me this is the one that's worth going too. Usajobs.gov is the main site the always send me too lol, that so true.

Thanks to the advice I'll turn to google and hopefully come up with something that will get me a better job.