PDA

View Full Version : with Butler out for season, getting rid of jj Barea sould be no. 1 priority for Mavs

MavFan6488
01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
of all the problems we have now right now, jjbarea remains our biggest (or should i say shortest?). he is worse than team cancer, getting abused by earl boykins on defense and shooting a stellar 0.387% from the field and an even more impressive 0.195% from three this season. this guy can't even be considered a back-up point guard. kidd, at 37, still needs to play 33 mpg because evertyime that little midget is out there the opposing team gains momentum. he even has to play alongside him because otherwise jj would suck even more..

oh lord, i hate this guy.. what's the quickest way of getting rid of him? that should be the no.1 question the mavs need to ask themselves right now. my answer is: shoot him!!

Phillip
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
i have been a big barea complainer too, but dude, Barea >>> Terry

terry has been a worthless piece of shit ever since his nice start this year. he is a turnover machine, and has some of the worst BBIQ ive ever seen. at least barea constantly puts forth effort, and is the only guy on the team who attempts to keep attacking the basket, instead of settling for step-back jumpers over 7 footers, like Terry.

Giuseppe
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Phil would never do it, but, I'd offer Walton for Barea. Would you take that in a perfect world?

clambake
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Phil would never do it, but, I'd offer Walton for Barea. Would you take that in a perfect world?

i bet jefferson would like that.

Shank
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM

terry has been a worthless piece of shit ever since his nice start this year. he is a turnover machine, and has some of the worst BBIQ ive ever seen. at least barea constantly puts forth effort, and is the only guy on the team who attempts to keep attacking the basket, instead of settling for step-back jumpers over 7 footers, like Terry.

But, when we get to the 4th quarter, the two-man game with Terry and Dirk is a staple. Barea can't do that.

Giuseppe
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
never mind.

Phillip
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
But, when we get to the 4th quarter, the two-man game with Terry and Dirk is a staple. Barea can't do that.

I'd rather go ahead and start to develop a new staple of a two-man game with Dirk and Roddy.

Fpoonsie
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM

This is prolly me channeling GNSF for a second, but I honestly think that Terry's too concerned with his celebratory "flight" down the court after a semi-decent play than he is w/ actually concentrating on the play at hand.

He's the receiver who's already turning to run before he's caught the ball...

BUMP
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
This is prolly me channeling GNSF for a second, but I honestly think that Terry's too concerned with his celebratory "flight" down the court after a semi-decent play than he is w/ actually concentrating on the play at hand.

He's the receiver who's already turning to run before he's caught the ball...

Maybe so. Terry is a one trick pony who is forced to do more things than he is comfortable doing with Dirk out. That being said he's a damn good one trick pony (spot up shooter) so I would rather have him on the team than Barea. Down the line, Barea will just be a less athletic poor man's version of Beaubois.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM

This.

I don't understand Mav fans complaining about Barea when they have a much worse problem in Terry. His only skill is shooting, and if he's not lights out on a particular evening it would almost be better to play 4 on 5, especially on offense. Terry is just atrocious, like a midget Antoine Walker with less upside.

sribb43
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Barea is garbage he kills the Mavs offense by dribbling in circles for 20 sec and his beat defensive move is flopping

BUMP
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
This.

I don't understand Mav fans complaining about Barea when they have a much worse problem in Terry. His only skill is shooting, and if he's not lights out on a particular evening it would almost be better to play 4 on 5, especially on offense. Terry is just atrocious, like a midget Antoine Walker with less upside.

Because Terry is a good spot up shooter playing alongside Nowitzki. Right now he's being asked upon to carry the load which he just can't. He's not that type of player. Both of them right now try to take over the game and force the issue. The only difference is that Barea does it whether Nowitzki is playing or not. Beaubois is going to be a better version of Barea anyway.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Because Terry is a good spot up shooter playing alongside Nowitzki. Right now he's being asked upon to carry the load which he just can't. He's not that type of player. Both of them right now try to take over the game and force the issue. The only difference is that Barea does it whether Nowitzki is playing or not. Beaubois is going to be a better version of Barea anyway.

I wouldn't say that's the only difference.

Jason Terry
2010/11
$10,650,000
2011/12
$11,437,500

Jose Juan Barea
2010/11
$1,815,000
2011/12
N/A

Do you really believe Terry is better for the Mavs?

Phillip
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM

going to be?

i think he already is. although he's really more like a well-controlled Devin Harris with Josh Howard arms and a jumper.

jjktkk
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Barea was pretty good when noone really knew anything about him. Once defenses picked up film on him, hes been pretty much shut down. Hes still a decent 3rd pg though imo.

Brazil
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
off the bench Barea is just fine considering the salary he is receiving. Terry is also a nice player to have to spark the fourth quarter but he is too expensive

frodo
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM

jump-shooting in front of 7 footers doesn't sound so circus as taking fade-aways over guards varying from 6'1 to 6'5, imho. JJB and JET are equally bad and both should be trimmed off the squad as soon as possible. Jet's contract will expire by the end of next season maybe he should be kept for another season for this reason.

JJB would still be a good signing for teams who're desperate for a PG, dudes salary is relatively low meaning he could be patched to any package as a spice.

sefant77
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Terry is a nice player if you dont need to rely on him.

If he doesnt hit, bench his ass. Unfortunately the Mavs have to stick with him as a key player and see him clanking in every playoff series since the finals 2006

Giuseppe
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM
77, Sunset Sefant

BUMP
01-11-2011, 01:19 AM
going to be?

i think he already is. although he's really more like a well-controlled Devin Harris with Josh Howard arms and a jumper.

Ya, most people with a brain already know he's better however.....

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoYeah Beaubois is so good sitting on the bench!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

21_Blessings
01-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Barea is garbage he kills the Mavs offense by dribbling in circles for 20 sec and his beat defensive move is flopping

Most rational Mav fan on Spurstalk.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Most rational Mav fan on Spurstalk.

:lol

4>0rings
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
bump

MavDynasty
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM
lame