PDA

View Full Version : GTG - Game 4, Monday 7:30pm

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Post in this thread if you are coming (it will likely be at Goomba's).

There will also be a post-game GTG if the Spurs win.

kris
05-29-2005, 02:49 AM
Isn't there somewhere people can go where this guy doesn't make money off of it?

http://www.televisioni.altervista.org/simpson/image012.jpg

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Where is Goombas again?

spurschick
05-29-2005, 08:34 AM
I'll be there! Maybe even with a broom...

PakiDan
05-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Sorry I missed the last one, but I did some serious yelling and screaming in New Mexico. Had a few cops eyeballing me all night. I will be driving back on Monday morning - so I will be there!.... though I may be a little late.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry I missed the last one, but I did some serious yelling and screaming in New Mexico. Had a few cops eyeballing me all night. I will be driving back on Monday morning - so I will be there!.... though I may be a little late.

It's okay... we'll ask Dio not to slap you too hard.

KEDA
05-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Im in, Krista is in, dont know about anyone else!

BTW bring a broom

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Emo and I are thinking about coming... is this Goombas on Blanco??
Also do you think it'd be too rough for our daughter? We;ve brought her to the SBC before no problem.. but those picks from last night look crowded.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Emo and I are thinking about coming... is this Goombas on Blanco??
Also do you think it'd be too rough for our daughter? We;ve brought her to the SBC before no problem.. but those picks from last night look crowded.

What you have to gauge is the amount of people that might not show since it's Memorial Day.

It was really crowded last night (BTW, thanks to the couple that informed me they didn't need their seats so I could sit).

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah we have to start thinking of a new place for GTG's (if the Spurs make it to the Finals) -- there's no way Goomba's will be able to handle the amount of people.

King
05-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Goomba's can't even really handle it now. I got there at about 8:05 after warmup, and there was literally not a single chair in the place to be had. I just ended up leaving in the mid-first.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Goomba's can't even really handle it now. I got there at about 8:05 after warmup, and there was literally not a single chair in the place to be had. I just ended up leaving in the mid-first.

Yeah that's pretty bad. And you even work for WOAI. :lol

For the Finals (if the Spurs make it), I'm considering having all the GTG's at our house and just adding a second TV out on the deck. 25+ people can watch the tv in our living room and at least another 25 on the deck.

kris
05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Yeah that's pretty bad. And you even work for WOAI. :lol

For the Finals (if the Spurs make it), I'm considering having all the GTG's at our house and just adding a second TV out on the deck. 25+ people can watch the tv in our living room and at least another 25 on the deck.

That's awfully sporting of you. Is there a chance of any texas hold em?

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 02:39 PM
That's awfully sporting of you. Is there a chance of any texas hold em?

Yeah I'd imagine if there's any GTG's at our house, then there could/would be poker after the game.

clubalien
05-29-2005, 02:51 PM
i was listing to game night react and i heard some guy say he went to G something it was filld then he went to champs and then he finally ended up in soem place with owls. hooters? or osmething

maybe you can go there

or maybe you could bring a big screeen on a trailer or truck and every park "tail gate" at some HEB parking lot!! isn't HEB a spurs sponsor so they wouldn't mind if everyone just brought there stuff and hanged out

HEB parking lot the proud sponsors of the san anotnio baggers :spin

SequSpur
05-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I am going to be in Baton Rouge/New Orleans til Wednesday. Anyone know of any cool sports bars there so I can watch it?

Mr Dio
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm in..PakiDan !!! :lol :lol

PakiDan
05-29-2005, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Dio]I'm in..PakiDan !!! :lol :lol[/QUOTE

Your fat aggression is mind blowing.

Mr Dio
05-29-2005, 07:36 PM
What time you coming in town ho?

Call me on my cell.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
RSVP List

Mr Dio
PakiDan
Spurschick
KEDA
Krista
maybe Obi and Emo
JohnnyBlaze (?)
Manny and Jekka
Ginofan and Laura
Big Zak (?)

Mr Dio
05-29-2005, 08:03 PM
What gives Kori?????
Would you PLEASE list my BITCH on the same line after my name?

bigzak25
05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
What gives Kori?????
Would you PLEASE list my BITCH on the same line after my name?

would you get off his ass aleady? :lmao

Mr Dio
05-29-2005, 08:27 PM
would you get off his back aleady?

Heeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you know he likes to take it lying face down on his tummy?

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 10:35 PM
So, are you guys coming over our house after the game if the Spurs win??

T Park
05-29-2005, 10:40 PM
If the Spurs win tommarow night and clinch???

Im DEFINATELY coming over!!!!

It would be my last gasp at fun before heading out west.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that Ginofan and Laura, and Manny and Jess are coming over too.

Anyone else?

Manny will have a key to let people in before I get there.

But this is ONLY happening if the Spurs win. I have a doctor's appointment at 9am on Tuesday and I'm not going to stay up late over a loss. :lol

MannyIsGod
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Jess and I will be there at Goombas tomorrow to collect beer from Dio. :D

T Park
05-29-2005, 10:49 PM
But this is ONLY happening if the Spurs win

agreed.

I have an 8 o clock work call the next day for my guys to get stuff ready so....

Please Spurs for the love of god WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurschick
05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that Ginofan and Laura, and Manny and Jess are coming over too.

Anyone else?

Manny will have a key to let people in before I get there.

But this is ONLY happening if the Spurs win. I have a doctor's appointment at 9am on Tuesday and I'm not going to stay up late over a loss. :lol

I'm in!

toby
05-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Post in this thread if you are coming (it will likely be at Goomba's).

There will also be a post-game GTG if the Spurs win.

The spurs are going to the finals no matter what, but what i"m thinking is that there going to lose this next one. I'm not saying im a sun fan, I go for the spurs all the way but with johnson back they might lose this next one. I'm just not hopeing for a fisher miricle.

toby
05-29-2005, 10:58 PM
go spurs go!!!

T Park
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
but with johnson back they might lose this next one

agreed.

Sincerely,

Game 3..

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:12 AM
RSVP Lists

GTG
Mr Dio
PakiDan
Spurschick
KEDA
Krista
KEDA's mom, dad and Grandma
JohnnyBlaze plus one
Manny and Jekka
Big Zak (?)

Possible Post Game GTG

me
timvp
Mr Dio and PakiDan
Spurschick
Manny and Jekka
Ginofan and Laura
TPark
KEDA and Krista
Johnny Blaze plus one

KEDA
05-30-2005, 07:39 AM
Add my mom, dad and grandma to the Goombas list

add me and Krista to the post game list!

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Kori,

allright we arn't coming to the GTG.
I woke up this morning to a huge package of defrosted fajitas in the sink..... guess thats *someones* hint. man , now I'm gonna be busy.

Well have fun everyone!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm @ both!

spurschick
05-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Be prepared for the 4th Quarter Gloss! :elephant

Mr Dio
05-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Be prepared for the 4th Quarter Gloss

Indeed JB, indeed!

Mr Dio
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm an idiot.

nbascribe
05-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Okay I've got FSR duties today so I'll be at the game with Kori and LJ.

Kori if it's a go, I might be headed to the house after the game...we'll see.

As far as another place for GTGs, what's wrong with Drafthouse? that looks like the place to hold them if they aren't showing too many movies.

Latifah taht's a place some crack sales staff should look into. Goomba's is nice and they have been advertising but Drafthouse may be just as good and accomodating. Seems that they appreciated Kori bringing folk out there? Can u imagine what would happen if they had WOAI/Ticket 760/Spurszone/FSP folks there?

And speaking of a celebration, we all need to think about a serious championship party place when that happens...any suggestions?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Add one person for me... my friend Travis is going to make the trip from San Marcos to both events.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
If you guys are coming to my house after and want beer (or whatever) remember to bring it with you. I only have like five beers or something. Also, I don't know if you have to buy it early -- I have never understood the Texas laws regarding that, but it's probably something like Holiday=Sunday, so buy before 8pm or whatever the hell.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone who needs directions to my house, just get them from Manny at the GTG.

(I'll PM them to TPark and Ginofan).

Mr Dio, please refrain from posting the directions in the forum. I don't want more stalkers. :lol

Thanks.

kris
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Okay I've got FSR duties today so I'll be at the game with Kori and LJ.

Kori if it's a go, I might be headed to the house after the game...we'll see.

As far as another place for GTGs, what's wrong with Drafthouse? that looks like the place to hold them if they aren't showing too many movies.

Latifah taht's a place some crack sales staff should look into. Goomba's is nice and they have been advertising but Drafthouse may be just as good and accomodating. Seems that they appreciated Kori bringing folk out there? Can u imagine what would happen if they had WOAI/Ticket 760/Spurszone/FSP folks there?

And speaking of a celebration, we all need to think about a serious championship party place when that happens...any suggestions?

By WOAI/Ticket you basically mean the people that work for them?

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Goomba's is nice and they have been advertising but Drafthouse may be just as good and accomodating. Seems that they appreciated Kori bringing folk out there? Can u imagine what would happen if they had WOAI/Ticket 760/Spurszone/FSP folks there?

Well I can't change what WOAI/Ticket are doing. They are contracted with Goomba's for the playoffs because they are doing GameNight Warmup there. But I know they can't handle the SpursTalk/FSP crowd in the Finals. So we'll either be somewhere like Drafthouse ... or maybe my house with a few TV's added downstairs.

Mr Dio
05-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Mr Dio, please refrain from posting the directions in the forum. I don't want more stalkers

Holy Crap Pants Batman! I'm sooo sorry Kori & LJ.
I wasn't even thinking, just asking I guess.
Lo Siento Mucho!!!

spurschick
05-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Mr Dio, please refrain from posting the directions in the forum. I don't want more stalkers

Lo Siento Mucho!!!

Now you're going to have to help them move and shit...

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Lo Siento Mucho!!!

:lmao

It's okay. You didn't list the street number.

If you still don't remember how to get there, just ask Manny at the GTG. You guys have to follow him anyway, he'll have the key.

alisalizard
05-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Got my broom sticking out of the bed of my truck.

Mr Dio
05-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Now you're going to have to help them move and shit...

You didn't list the street number.

Man, I helped out doing some moving yesterday & it wasn't as much as I'd orig thought BUT, moving can beat you down real quick on a humid day.
What is that street # on East Commerce anyways???

GrandeDavid
05-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Damn, I'd be there getting wasted with you guys, but I'm way south of the Equator so I'll be watching it at my home in Brazil with a former T-Wolves and Benetton Treviso player.

daragon
05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
I have to list this question to you heavy weight on-liners. Which team will have homecourt advantage between SA and MIAMI? Both teams have identical win-loss records and split the regular season match-up. I need to know ask Don or Knick fan err Walter.

daragon
05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Anyone? . . . Anyone? Buehler... Buehler... Voodoo Economics!

timvp
05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
For the 8923432093049238023894843409384 time the Spurs do.

daragon
05-30-2005, 06:14 PM
How are you so sure? Their records are identical.

daragon
05-30-2005, 06:15 PM
I need confirmation from an insider like Kori and the Thompson Sisters

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
The Spurs do.

They had a better out of conference record (I believe that was the tie-breaker).

timvp is my husband and knows as much (if not more than I do) -- so you could've trusted him. :)

PiStOns
05-30-2005, 06:20 PM
go spurs go

spurs will tonite and be rdy for whoever they play in the finals

daragon
05-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Had no clue Kori, he was your husband forgive me master I will be mindful

King
05-30-2005, 10:45 PM
The Spurs do, because they had a better record against the Eastern Conference than the Pistons or Heat had against the Western Conference.