PDA

View Full Version : Oregon will be ranked #1 going into next season........

lebomb
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Their QB, WR's and RB's are just freshmen/sophomores.............. :wow

......but, an SEC team will end up with the championship. :depressed

Phillip
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM
lol utsa

The Gemini Method
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Oklahoma will be highly ranked, too...It would be nice to see a team outside of the SEC win it all. Could be the year to do it, though, this year was also one of those years where it could've been the end of the SEC run.

lebomb
01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Oklahoma will be highly rank, too...It would be nice to see a team outside of the SEC win it all. Could be the year to do it, though, this year was also one of those years where it could've been the end of the SEC run.

Stanford could be right there as well, but without Harbaugh.......who knows.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Stanford could be right there as well, but without Harbaugh.......who knows.

I have to agree with you on that one. They're going to be one of the contending teams in the PAC-12 South, but I don't know how they'll replace the motivator Jim Harbaugh was. Also, they lose quite a few players from the defense and that will ultimately be their downfall. Oregon will definitely control the North for one more year with James, Thomas, and Barner coming back. How they'll fare w/o Casey Matthews and Harris will be interesting to watch.

tlongII
01-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Oregon will probably be ranked #1 to start the season, but they won't finish #1. They will definitely drop a game or two in conference play. This year was their chance and they gagged.

tlongII
01-11-2011, 03:30 PM
I have to agree with you on that one. They're going to be one of the contending teams in the PAC-12 South, but I don't know how they'll replace the motivator Jim Harbaugh was. Also, they lose quite a few players from the defense and that will ultimately be their downfall. Oregon will definitely control the North for one more year with James, Thomas, and Barner coming back. How they'll fare w/o Casey Matthews and Harris will be interesting to watch.

Stanford will be in the Pac-12 North.

The Gemini Method
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Stanford will be in the Pac-12 North.

You are correct! Well, now there is no reason for USC to really control the South once they get off probation.

Darth_Pelican
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Oregon opens next season against LSU in Dallas! I'm making the trip and looking forward to seeing Jerry World!

The Gemini Method
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Oregon opens next season against LSU in Dallas! I'm making the trip and looking forward to seeing Jerry World!

Wonder how that'll go...I think Oregon will try and prove that what happened in the BCS NC game was not the norm and prove themselves against another quality SEC team. That is a really great game to catch.

IronMexican
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Man, if Southern teams don't get their shit straight, USC should walk into the Pac 12 championship for a while.

Once probation is ovah.

tlongII
01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Wonder how that'll go...I think Oregon will try and prove that what happened in the BCS NC game was not the norm and prove themselves against another quality SEC team. That is a really great game to catch.

I went to the Oregon State game vs TCU there at the start of this season. It was a fantastic venue to see a ballgame! I highly recommend it. :tu

samikeyp
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
The Orlando Sentinel has come up with what has to be the earliest pre-season poll ever!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/os-2011-preseason-top-25-college-foot20110110,0,5644007.story

Its still January....I guess they were bored down there! :lol

Greg Oden
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
The Orlando Sentinel has come up with what has to be the earliest pre-season poll ever!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/os-2011-preseason-top-25-college-foot20110110,0,5644007.story

Its still January....I guess they were bored down there! :lol

Trent Richardson is a swole corso, but does Alabama really have that many cornbread fed niggas to step in for those guys leaving and still be ranked #3?

8FOR!3
01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Meh, it sucks for them that they lost Johnny Manziel to Texas A&M. Hopefully my Tigers will finally have a decent year next season and the Horns will be back to form.

jjktkk
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
lol utsa

LOL Mavs fan.

JMarkJohns
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Man, if Southern teams don't get their shit straight, USC should walk into the Pac 12 championship for a while.

Once probation is ovah.

That's the one thing I don't like about the divisions. USC will be dominant once they are off probation and get their full use of scholarships. Arizona State is the best bet to challenge, butt Erickson doesn't really have them in the right direction and won't be there too much longer, which will start their rebuild process over. UCLA has potential, but it's similar to that of Arizona's potential, and is likely a 9-10-win type team every few years or so. Utah could be very good, or could slide back now that they aren't the gem of the Conference, and Colorado is Colorado. I doubt they return to real competition any time soon.

Within the next decade, I would expect USC to win the division 7/8 out of 10 times with an ASU or Utah sneaking past on occasion.

Ghazi
01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Bama staaaaaaaaaaaacked

Blake
01-11-2011, 10:16 PM
LOL Mavs fan.

Phillip's wife has been known to run people over with the car that lol at mavs fans.

JoeTait75
01-11-2011, 10:44 PM
USC went two decades without being dominant before Petey came on board. Why are people assuming they're going to go right back to being dominant after they get off probation?

The Gemini Method
01-12-2011, 05:20 AM
That's only partially true. USC was successful throughout periods in the 80's and 90's with Rose Bowl victories in the Hackett/Larry Smith eras. Not NC successful or BCs domination like under Carroll, but in the PAC-12 South they could be like Texas/Oklahoma in the now defunct South of the once Big-12...

Thompson
01-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Meh, it sucks for them that they lost Johnny Manziel to Texas A&M. Hopefully my Tigers will finally have a decent year next season and the Horns will be back to form.

Do you really have that high an opinion of Manziel? I'm glad to hear it of course, and I think he'll be good too, but I'd be interested to know why you're so impressed with him. Have you ever seen him play in person, or is it mainly his video-game stats that impress you?

tlongII
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
USC will be good again, but they will never dominate the Pac-12 like they used to. Oregon has too much money behind them.

JMarkJohns
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
USC will be good again, but they will never dominate the Pac-12 like they used to. Oregon has too much money behind them.

Yeah, maybe not the entire Conference, but that specific division, I think they own. Maybe Kiffin will screw it up?

JoeTait75
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
That's only partially true. USC was successful throughout periods in the 80's and 90's with Rose Bowl victories in the Hackett/Larry Smith eras. Not NC successful or BCs domination like under Carroll, but in the PAC-12 South they could be like Texas/Oklahoma in the now defunct South of the once Big-12...

That's what I'm saying. Will they be good, like they were under Ted Tollner and Larry Smith? Sure. Is it a given that they'll be at the level they were under Carroll? No. They can be, but it isn't set in stone.

Blake
01-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Oregon pre-ranked #7 by rivals.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175832

good thread. :tu

johngateswhiteley
01-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Oregon pre-ranked #7 by rivals.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175832

good thread. :tu

second poll that has A&M in the top 10, interesting.

tsb2000
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Once probation is ovah.

You must have been drunk when you posted this. Utah is going to own the South for some time to come. If you think Kiffin is going to help USC at all, you're sorely mistaken. :)

johngateswhiteley
01-19-2011, 01:51 AM
You must have been drunk when you posted this. Utah is going to own the South for some time to come. If you think Kiffin is going to help USC at all, you're sorely mistaken. :)

USC doesn't seem to be having trouble getting recruits in this 'off period' (currently #5 by rivals). Further, i highly doubt they won't be better next year, to boot. I think they will do just fine under Kiffin.