PDA

View Full Version : have your feelings changed about the spurs since after gm 1 against Denver?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-29-2005, 04:10 AM
I remember how after gm 1 against denver a lot of us (myself included) were contemplating jumping off a cliff and thought it was all over, how many of you feel differently with SA's chances now?

poor thread. i know.

atlfan25
05-29-2005, 04:12 AM
i don't feel any differently cuz i don't have aneurysms when the spurs lose a game.

dav4463
05-29-2005, 04:18 AM
I certainly feel different and more confident. You can just see a change in the team. They look incredibly confident now. I didn't see that towards the end of the season and the first two rounds of the playoffs. This team needs to keep doing exactly whatever it is they are doing ! It's working ! When did the Spurs become such a high scoring team ???

boutons
05-29-2005, 06:12 AM
"When did the Spurs become such a high scoring team ???"

When the other team doesn't play any defense.

The Finals will be TOTALLY different.

ZStomp
05-29-2005, 06:19 AM
It's a good thing I have good common sense.

I never wanted to jump off a cliff....so to speak.

Was I upset they lost game 1 against Denver? Sure.

But I knew the Spurs were not in trouble.

angel_luv
05-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Nothing's changed for me. My boys are Champions waiting to happen. Five more wins to our parade! () = )

Rummpd
05-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Only the bandwagoners were totally losing it.

xcoriate
05-29-2005, 08:07 AM
It wasn't really after gm1 denver but I felt overall coming into the playoffs that we didnt have it this season given injuries.

That sure has change now I am pretty damn confident we can tackle what lies in our path.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-29-2005, 08:22 AM
I certainly wasn't as confident as I am now in this team's chances to win a championship. And it wasn't just game one against Denver. At the end of the regular season, we weren't exactly cruising. Tim was coming off left ankle sprain #3, Rasho was gone, and Nazr still looked iffy defensively. Those last tuneup games didn't exactly have us rolling into the playoffs.

The only inkling that I had of what this team would become were the back-to-back double overtime wins in California.

spurster
05-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Well, there was Game 4 of the Sonics series too.

Jimcs50
05-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Real fans never defect, they never doubt a champion, they never criticize the coaching staff who have proven over and over that they are one of the best coaching staffs in the history of the NBA. They stay the course.

Real fans do not quit on the team when the chips are down.

So to answer your query, no, I have not changed at all.

I knew this team was special, I knew that TD was still hurt in game 1, that he and Manu would get better as time went by, and that Pop would get his team ready for battle and get them playing Spurs' basketball.

We alll know who the quitters are, they have been exposed for who they really are, and the have a giant red Q stamped right on their foreheads, for all of us to see and enjoy.

:)

Hook Dem
05-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Real fans never defect, they never doubt a champion, they never criticize the coaching staff who have proven over and over that they are one of the best coaching staffs in the history of the NBA. They stay the course.

I knew this team was special, I knew that TD was still hurt in game 1, that he and Manu would get better as time went by, and that Pop would get his team ready for battle and get them playing Spurs' basketball.

We alll know who the quitters are, they have been exposed for who they really are, and the have a giant red Q stamped right on their foreheads, for all of us to see and enjoy.

:lol Right on!!!!!!!

ididnotnothat
05-29-2005, 10:23 AM
The Spurs are in championship mode.

MI21
05-29-2005, 10:24 AM
I recall saying in chat after Game 1 that we will still win this series, but we would not beat Detroit if they continue these 4th quarter collapses.

I'm more confident in them now, but I still see no clear cut favourite if the finals came down to Spurs vs Pistons.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2005, 10:25 AM

True.

The thing is, who would ever actually admit it now if they had.

Jimcs50
05-29-2005, 10:26 AM
True.

The thing is, who would ever actually admit it now if they had.

It is well documented. *glaring at Sequ and Walton*

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2005, 11:44 AM
They certainly appear to be playing well at the moment, but Phoenix doesn't present near the challenge defensively that we'll face from Miami or moreso Detroit.

leemajors
05-29-2005, 01:17 PM
i wouldn't call games 1 & 2 vs phx 4th quarter collapses, and i would just call the 4th quarter yest a lapse...

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 06:28 PM
actually the spurs were better off being down 1-0 and losing HCA in the 1st rd than to be up 3-0 up in the WCF

technically.
using espn logic.

Sense
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Totally...

They look like a championship team once again.

HB22inSA
05-29-2005, 06:33 PM
No, I still think Denver has a chance to win the series.

pjjrfan
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
When they lost that game 1, I reminded everyone that TD was just back from an injury, that a key bench player was lost, Brown, that Nazr was replacing the starting center, Rasho, and was having trouble picking up the defense and that if we survived that 1st rd. the Spurs would get stronger with each round, and it looks like they are starting to roll and are jelling like magellen.

1Parker1
05-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm woman enough to admit that I didn't think the Spurs would be able to waltz by the Nuggets after game 1, beat Seattle, and have a chance to sweep the Suns in the WCF. Honestly, I didn't doubt they'd get out of the first two rounds, I thought maybe this series with teh Suns would go to 6 games. Good to know that I was wrong---first time for everything I guess!

Seriously though, I still don't know how they would fare against the Pistons or Heat in the finals. I am just trying not to get overconfident and expect a loss in every game--because I don't know if I can stand the disapointment I felt last year again. Hopefully I'm wrong about this as well :)

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 06:55 PM
miami would get rolled up and smoked like a blunt
detroit packed and smoked like a bowl

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I remember seeing that first game loss and thinking - "damn, wish I'd put money on the Nuggets because I just KNEW we'd lose this one, it's what we do!" Then we come out and grind the other team into dust, just as we did in game 2 and the rest of the series. (oh, and the 0.4 sec was BS and I don't see that happening to us again, not with the toughness and experience we have displayed this year)

I never understand why people get suicidal over the first game of 7. They should remember that we are not the fragile, one-dimensional team that we were during those depressing Lakers series of 2000-2. We have 3 All-Stars (yes, I think TP will be an All-Star one day), depth, D, O and heart, not to mention an underrated coaching staff and, overall, the best franchise/city/fans in the NBA.

TwoHandJam
05-30-2005, 12:17 AM
miami would get rolled up and smoked like a blunt
detroit packed and smoked like a bowl
I'm not that confident about steamrolling the competition but I have to say I like your analogies. :smokin

Spurodamus
05-30-2005, 12:22 AM
Spurs fans give up faster than Fannin at Goliad.