PDA

View Full Version : Players poll picks Lakers to win championship. Again.

Calico_Jack
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
If I recall correctly this was the same poll last year that predicted the mighty Lakeshow would repeat. Now the players are predicting a 3-peat. I guess the Laker opponents really know they're playing for second place.

What intrigues me though is how Tim Duncan voted. It wouldn't surprise me if Timmy voted for LA as well. I'm just tickled purple that the Spurs and Heat doing so well only got 1 and 3 % of the vote respectively. :lmao This from their peers.

Well here it is read it and weep hatas.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/players-poll-picks-lakers-to-win-championship-again/related/

BanditHiro
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
no.

namlook
01-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Lakers - 69%
Celtics - 22%
Heat - 3%
Magic - 2%
Spurs - 1%

97% of the NBA players that voted just got added to Lebron's list. :lmao

(http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01/11/69-of-nba-players-predict-lakers-win-title/46540/)

TheMACHINE
01-11-2011, 08:10 PM
welcome to the board! this is a wonderful place with kind people.

Koolaid_Man
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
If I recall correctly this was the same poll last year that predicted the mighty Lakeshow would repeat. Now the players are predicting a 3-peat. I guess the Laker opponents really know they're playing for second place.

What intrigues me though is how Tim Duncan voted. It wouldn't surprise me if Timmy voted for LA as well. I'm just tickled purple that the Spurs and Heat doing so well only got 1 and 3 % of the vote respectively. :lmao This from their peers.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/players-poll-picks-lakers-to-win-championship-again/related/

Nice first post lil Nigga welcome to the Laker Nation...:lmao

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/3PeatPoll.png

TheMACHINE
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
lol mental notes.

ButtHurt Committee
01-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice first post lil Nigga welcome to the Laker Nation...:lmao

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/3PeatPoll.png

:lmao

Ace
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Lakers - 69%
Celtics - 22%
Heat - 3%
Magic - 2%
Spurs - 1%

(http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01/11/69-of-nba-players-predict-lakers-win-title/46540/)
Lol ignore list

namlook
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
LOL. NBA players know what's up. Threepeat coming....

Ace
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
This is what Laker fan has resorted to? Polls and surveys to prove the Lakers worth. Just like Spurs fan, not accepting its over.

cobbler
01-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Welchers really have no room to be talking about resorting...

Ace
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM

You win HO.... Congrats on being the class act you are.

It's been fun guys.... Enjoyed the bantar with one and all and even you HoBitch. But thats a line that should never have been crossed.

I'm outta here. Good luck to all your teams in the future and go Lakers!

easy7
01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Your pole is rising...

Giuseppe
01-11-2011, 11:35 PM

That was our bet, Cobby. Mine & Ace. I offered grace. I implored him to take it. And I'd a asked Ace for it had the roles been reversed.

You're wrong here, Cobby.

Jacob1983
01-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Kobe has never won the championship when his team did not have HCA in the Finals.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Kobe has never won the championship when his team did not have HCA in the Finals.

Has Duncan's?

Don't be dense.

cobbler
01-12-2011, 01:18 AM
That was our bet, Cobby. Mine & Ace. I offered grace. I implored him to take it. And I'd a asked Ace for it had the roles been reversed.

You're wrong here, Cobby.

Didn't know you offered up the grace Cully so my bad there. I guess I'll have to give his ACE ego a pass. :bang

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Didn't know you offered up the grace Cully so my bad there. I guess I'll have to give his ACE ego a pass. :bang

:rolleyes..

ezau
01-12-2011, 01:34 AM
You win HO.... Congrats on being the class act you are.

It's been fun guys.... Enjoyed the bantar with one and all and even you HoBitch. But thats a line that should never have been crossed.

I'm outta here. Good luck to all your teams in the future and go Lakers!

:lmao:lmao

cobbler
01-12-2011, 01:38 AM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:
:lobt2: ...

:rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
01-12-2011, 02:09 AM
It would take a great twin towers defensive team like the '99 or '03 Spurs to beat the current Laker team. Kobe + the front line create such an advantage that they are able to carry an astonishing amount of dead weight in their lineup.
I don't see how they can be beaten in a 7 game series. Maybe someone can finally punish them for suiting up the likes of Ron Artest and Derek Fisher.

21_Blessings
01-12-2011, 02:13 AM
It would take a great twin towers defensive team like the '99 or '03 Spurs to beat the current Laker team. Kobe + the front line create such an advantage that they are able to carry an astonishing amount of dead weight in their lineup.
I don't see how they can be beaten in a 7 game series. Maybe someone can finally punish them for suiting up the likes of Ron Artest and Derek Fisher.

:tu

TheManFromAcme
01-12-2011, 07:50 AM
:lobt2: ...

:rolleyes

^.....pretty much says it all.....:tu

Rummpd
01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I assume this non-scientific poll was taken (where are the methods, was it a random sampling of all players on all teams) before:

1) Miami blasted LAL then SAS did as did a string of mediocre teams - to date the LAL have only a few quality wins and the softest schedule by far (0.442 http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings ) of the major contenders, and not only a relatively mediocre record but also until they crushed the Cavs had a mediocre point differential relatively speaking.
2) Celtics had a string of injuries, and if Garnett not 100% they are certainly vulnerable.
3) Kobe revealed again he is not practicing to save his knees (probably the biggest potential issue http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/kobe-bryant-stops-practicing-with-the-lakers-again/ - now to be fair there are no back to backs in the playoffs but also Bynum to date has not been overwhelming and Gasol is off and on. Odom has been the glue saving the Lakers and he certainly has shined at moments in the playoffs the last few years but he has a history of extreme variablility in key moments so time will tell.

LAL is still a very strong and deep team and seems to be rolling again and deserve to be favored, but they nor the Celtics are invulnerable. If Kobe really has knee issues certainly all bets are off and/or if any of the other big four on the LAL goes down - during the last two years they have had their stars there albeit Bynum not at 100%. At this point in the year any of the top tier teams are true title contenders including the Magic who have the inside and outside game gelling as well as anyone in the league right now and certainly the Heat who will benefit from all the calls all the time. Dallas is still a stacked team with size and depth, the player I consider the MVP right now in Dirk, and a potential star in Roddy Beaulois (spelling?) coming back sometime soon.

Meanwhile, the SAS are surely not intimidated by the Lakers and are playing their stars less minutes than any other contender and I for one would love 1:100 odds for their chances to not only come out of the West but to win it all. They also have their number one draft choice in James Anderson returning and Neal is a cold bloodded assassin type that seems to thrive on big moments, Hill plays Kobe as tough as anyone in the league right now, and Manu when healthy brings to the table in the clutch everything that Kobe does (and over a 5 year period was the most clutch player in the NBA http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html (and Kobe was not even close) and with him gelling, a healthy and rested Duncan and the speed of Parker plus the Spurs great bench and knowing Pop he is liable to bring in another quality veteran to add to that depth as he has several times in previous title runs = bring it on.:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: (# 5 is coming this year!)

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I assume this non-scientific poll was taken (where are the methods, was it a random sampling of all players on all teams) before:

1) Miami blasted LAL then SAS did as did a string of mediocre teams - to date the LAL have only a few quality wins and the softest schedule by far (0.442 http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings ) of the major contenders, and not only a relatively mediocre record but also until they crushed the Cavs had a mediocre point differential relatively speaking.
2) Celtics had a string of injuries, and if Garnett not 100% they are certainly vulnerable.
3) Kobe revealed again he is not practicing to save his knees (probably the biggest potential issue http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/kobe-bryant-stops-practicing-with-the-lakers-again/ - now to be fair there are no back to backs in the playoffs but also Bynum to date has not been overwhelming and Gasol is off and on. Odom has been the glue saving the Lakers and he certainly has shined at moments in the playoffs the last few years but he has a history of extreme variablility in key moments so time will tell.

LAL is still a very strong and deep team and seems to be rolling again and deserve to be favored, but they nor the Celtics are invulnerable. If Kobe really has knee issues certainly all bets are off and/or if any of the other big four on the LAL goes down - during the last two years they have had their stars there albeit Bynum not at 100%. At this point in the year any of the top tier teams are true title contenders including the Magic who have the inside and outside game gelling as well as anyone in the league right now and certainly the Heat who will benefit from all the calls all the time. Dallas is still a stacked team with size and depth, the player I consider the MVP right now in Dirk, and a potential star in Roddy Beaulois (spelling?) coming back sometime soon.

Meanwhile, the SAS are surely not intimidated by the Lakers and are playing their stars less minutes than any other contender and I for one would love 1:100 odds for their chances to not only come out of the West but to win it all. They also have their number one draft choice in James Anderson returning and Neal is a cold bloodded assassin type that seems to thrive on big moments, Hill plays Kobe as tough as anyone in the league right now, and Manu when healthy brings to the table in the clutch everything that Kobe does (and over a 5 year period was the most clutch player in the NBA http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html (and Kobe was not even close) and with him gelling, a healthy and rested Duncan and the speed of Parker plus the Spurs great bench and knowing Pop he is liable to bring in another quality veteran to add to that depth as he has several times in previous title runs = bring it on.:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: (# 5 is coming this year!)

come again I didn't quite understand your gibberish...

Giuseppe
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Maybe someone can finally punish them for suiting up the likes of Ron Artest and Derek Fisher.

Boston tried that. Ended up dead in the ground.

history2b
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM

Lol @ the Spurs players voting for themselves in the poll :lmao:lmao:lmao

hater
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
This is what Laker fan has resorted to? Polls and surveys to prove the Lakers worth.

history2b
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Well when citation of multiple current championships and years of conference domination does not do the trick we have to dumb down to the level of the recipient.

Personally, I always find the SI players polls to be interesting being that it is the actual players opinions being fielded not a bunch fanboys on the internet.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM

hater with the goods... par/course, tbh imho, fwiw

xellos88330
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Lol @ the Spurs players voting for themselves in the poll :lmao:lmao:lmao

LOL @ the Lakers voting for the Spurs.

xellos88330
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Well when citation of multiple current championships and years of conference domination does not do the trick we have to dumb down to the level of the recipient.

Personally, I always find the SI players polls to be interesting being that it is the actual players opinions being fielded not a bunch fanboys on the internet.

What is the record of the Lakers right now?

hater
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
What is the record of the Lakers right now?

mediocre to poor

history2b
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
28-11

Rummpd
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
come again I didn't quite understand your gibberish...

It is obviously written above your level. Not going to get into a pissing contest but will put by academic/professional and basketball knowledge ......

history2b
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Lakers are coming off of their worst stretch of play in 4 NBA seasons while the Spurs are coming off of their best play arguably in franchise history....

If this were May I'd say "damn, you guys are right."

But since it is early January all I can say is "LOL!"

ElNono
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Lakers are coming off of their worst stretch of play in 4 NBA seasons while the Spurs are coming off of their best play arguably in franchise history....

If this were May I'd say "damn, you guys are right."

But since it is early January all I can say is "LOL!"

You actually say quite a bit more than LOL... why bother if it's 'only early January'? :rolleyes

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
history2b, you still around? I thought I ran you off with that butt whipping I put on you in the thread linked in my signature. You didn't even fight back, you just vanished! Anyway, we all know already you have no credibility here.

history2b your buddy is calling you: http://callhim.virtbox.ru/schild.swf?namee=history2b

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
It is obviously written above your level. Not going to get into a pissing contest but will put by academic/professional and basketball knowledge ......

ohh really...your battle blog record says your 0-2 already...but I'll oblige you...tell me what college you graduated from...Your GPA...what company you work for...how much money you make...your ugly face on a fugly scale meter...and how many chics your banging...ohh and quality of the chics...I just wanna see one pic...let's play this pissing game...this is my cup of tea...:lol

ElNono
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
lol @ Daddy's link

Giuseppe
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
28-11

Two more in-a-row and it's a pro-rated 60-22 mid season split.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Two more in-a-row and it's a pro-rated 60-22 mid season split.

Warriors and Nets... should be doable.

Giuseppe
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
It's gonna be problem tonite.

Trill Clinton
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
:lol@ all the Laker fans getting excited over this poll:lmao

history2b
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
history2b, you still around? I thought I ran you off with that butt whipping I put on you in the thread linked in my signature. You didn't even fight back, you just vanished! Anyway, we all know already you have no credibility here.

history2b your buddy is calling you: http://callhim.virtbox.ru/schild.swf?namee=history2b

Hello Troll,

As much as you and your ego would like to believe what you just posted the reality is that it all came down to time management.

Trolls like yourself are willing to invest a lot more time in irrelevant long-winded discussions over the course of days or weeks, something all of the smartest 50+ year olds I know personally do with their time.

I'm just not that committed. Arguments based on fallacies are not worth the time.

namlook
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
:lol@ all the Laker fans getting excited over this poll:lmao

Yeah right. Lakers fans don't get excited over polls, they get excited over back to back championships and a chance at a threepeat.

Ace
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Lakers - 69%
Celtics - 22%
Heat - 3%
Magic - 2%
Spurs - 1%

LOL. NBA players know what's up. Threepeat coming....

Yeah right. Lakers fans don't get excited over polls, they get excited over back to back championships and a chance at a threepeat.

3 post about this poll. Seems excited to me... Lol ignore list

Venti Quattro
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Poll champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmutednao!!!

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2011, 08:24 PM
3 post about this poll. Seems excited to me... Lol ignore list

:lol Check out his posts from the last few days..there's an expected pattern..

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Spurs under-rated as usual I see.

namlook
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Poll champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmutednao!!!

That would actually be funny if the Lakers hadn't just thrown up a back to back against the league. LMAO!!!

What's actually funny is how little the NBA players think of the Spurs and Heat.

The NBA players owned the Spurs and Heat in this poll.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
namlook, where do you live?..LA?..

NRHector
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
What's actually funny is how little the NBA players think of the Spurs and Heat.

The NBA players owned the Spurs and Heat in this poll.they are just butthurt, probably the Spurs kicked their asses already so they are still hurting

Ace
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
That would actually be funny if the Lakers hadn't just thrown up a back to back against the league. LMAO!!!

The NBA players owned the Spurs and Heat in this poll.

NBA players said it in a poll so it must be true. :cry :cry :cry