PDA

View Full Version : Call him Tiago Splinter

Solid D
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM
....because he spends so much time on the bench.

oShTJ90fC34

EricB
01-11-2011, 10:45 PM
oh solid... :lol

Hoops Czar
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
....because he spends so much time on the bench.

oShTJ90fC34

Get use to it. He's right where he belongs.

Martin R
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
this type of comments remind me of the early days of the "Trade Ginobili" threads...

spurs1990
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Can you believe this dude makes more than Blair, Neal, and George Hill combined.

silverblk mystix
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Can you believe this dude makes more than Blair, Neal, and George Hill combined.

and he will end up being better than Blair,Neal & Hill combined...

whenever Pop stops playing head games and decides to fucking play him substantial minutes.

Cessation
01-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Oooh, thats a good one, lol.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-11-2011, 11:03 PM
"Haha, I made a funny!"

--Splinter from TMNT movie

spurs1990
01-11-2011, 11:13 PM
and he will end up being better than Blair,Neal & Hill combined...

whenever Pop stops playing head games and decides to fucking play him substantial minutes.

From your lips to David Sterns ears.

I hope his future is bright, however, the three words I would use to describe Tiago in the present: slow, unathletic, shitty.

Solid D
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.sourceecreative.com/images/newsletter/frames/AmericanAirlines_winwin.jpg

Maybe, some how,
Pop can make this a Win-Win.

The_Worlds_finest
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
nothing to see here move along,,,Splitter is a rookie getting the normal rookie minutes from pop. wait till next year when dyess retires

fraga
01-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Just give him a year...

Sense
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
He has to.. "Get used to the system"...

he'll be fine..

Hoops Czar
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
He has to.. "Get used to the system"...

he'll be fine..

Something tells me he'll need to be able to play basketball from time to time as well.

timaios
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
nothing to see here move along,,,Splitter is a rookie getting the normal rookie minutes from pop. wait till next year when dyess retires

You mean when the Spurs will have no more chance at the title.

Tony & Manu are playing with their NT this summer. Tim will be 1 year older.

You're right, let's wait one more year !

TD 21
01-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I think he'll play tomorrow. Presuming Bogut plays, with Gooden out, the Bucks really only have one credible big man who's an offensive threat. Ilyasova is basically a Turkish Bonner, which is to say, he's a perimeter big. So McDyess shouldn't be needed. Splitter can guard Bogut when Duncan rests. Expect to see little of Blair and plenty of small ball.

Dr. Gonzo
01-11-2011, 11:57 PM
You mean when the Spurs will have no more chance at the title.

Tony & Manu are playing with their NT this summer. Tim will be 1 year older.

You're right, let's wait one more year !

Splitter's playing time won't determine whether the Spurs win it all or not.

Hoops Czar
01-12-2011, 12:01 AM
with all kidding aside, he really is a F'ing joke. Spurstalk overshot his talent by a mile and a half. It really isn't that surprising when you think about it, same thing when Hairston, Gist and Mahimni dawned Spurs uniforms.... "Why isn't Pop playing them? Oh boy, Pop doesn't know whats good for him!!! "I can't believe Mahimni's sitting on the bench while Pop is playing Bonner, how will we ever beat the Lakers?" And it goes on and on like this.

Solid D
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Splitter gets time in Milwaukee = McDyess played 15 minutes versus Minnesota and it's a b2b.

crc21209
01-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Master (of the bench) Splitter....:td

timaios
01-12-2011, 12:13 AM

A 6'6 center defending the 7'0 guys from LA = EPIC FAIL !

I said it already, if Splitter is not good enough right now, the Spurs need to trade him for a real defensive center now.
We need someone now. Next year will be too late.

awktalk
01-12-2011, 12:20 AM
A 6'6 center defending the 7'0 guys from LA = EPIC FAIL !

I said it already, if Splitter is not good enough right now, the Spurs need to trade him for a real defensive center now.
We need someone now. Next year will be too late.

Splitter guarding any big from LA = disaster. It has already been proven (see 28 Dec)

Hoops Czar
01-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Splitter guarding any big from LA = disaster. It has already been proven (see 28 Dec)

Not true.. He might be able to keep up with Walton as long as Luke doesn't take him outside of 15 feet.

timaios
01-12-2011, 12:27 AM

This guy never play. And you want him to be great just like that.

Oh yeah, play 5 min every 5 games and be great, if not you're trash.

Again, if he's not good enough, let's find someone else.

jjktkk
01-12-2011, 01:11 AM

Some folks on here seem to think so.

DMC
01-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Splitter will not catapult the Spurs to the championship. That's not because he sucks, as some here suggest, but because, even at his best, he's no game changer. Who in the league his size cannot handle him? Hell, even Dwight Howard cannot catapult a team to the championship. He can get them closer, but let's be real here: The ONLY players on this team that make or break the Spurs are the big 3. Hill is good, Neal is good, Bonner contributes at times, and RJ and McDyess are solid, however without any of the big 3, they are fucked. Tiago could sell hotdogs in the stands for all the difference he would make in the playoffs, up to speed or not.

If Tyson Chandler cannot get the Mavs to the promised land, Tiago sure as hell won't get the Spurs there. I would take Chandler any day over Splitter.

Man In Black
01-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Some folks would include Sean Elliott who is often heard saying so on Spurs broadcasts.
I keep saying that Nazr got thrown in late in the fire late the 05 championship season and did well enough to get the team a ring. While the situation of why is different, someone pointed out that Rasho got hurt...the time in the season, late, shows that Pop can change a lineup late if he feels it will give his team the firepower to compete.
Call him Splinter if you wish, I think later on what he'll be called is situational role-player and I don't have an issue with that.

21_Blessings
01-12-2011, 01:50 AM
http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2010/12/3f32f1f8ef4843d6ab459de68ace7ea4.jpg
Tango Splitter

http://www.sportsnet.ca/gallery/2010/12/28/bynum_foul_gal_640.jpg

DMC
01-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Bynum wins.... fatality

TD 21
01-12-2011, 01:58 AM

You've determined in a 7:21 stint, in which he played roughly 5 minutes while the game was still up for grabs and only defended a guy who's at least 2 inches taller and 45 pounds heavier than him, that "Splitter guarding any big from LA = disaster"?

By your logic, the Spurs are the best defensive team in the league, since they held the Lakers to 82 points, on 35% shooting. They're also head and shoulders better than the Lakers, since they beat them by 15.

The reality is, we have no idea if Splitter can adequately guard Gasol or Odom, because we haven't seen him guard either yet (at least in the NBA). Bynum, he has no chance against, because of the vast disparity in strength. Theoretically, at least, Splitter should match-up well with Gasol.

DMC
01-12-2011, 02:02 AM
If Splitter could guard Gasol or Bynum, he would have been much harder to acquire.

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 02:26 AM
If Splitter could guard Gasol or Bynum, he would have been much harder to acquire.
Why? We drafted him....

angelbelow
01-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I don't think its as simply as give him a year.

The argument that Oberto barely played his first year is a poor one because: We JUST won a championship with a prime Duncan. We still had Robert Horry, Nazr Mohammed and Rasho.

Even with Manu, we had Steven Jackson and Steve Smith and Manu still got 20+ with him getting consistent minutes into the playoffs.

Splitter getting close to no playing time is worrisome.

Why? We drafted him as our first round pick. If he wants to play in the NBA he has to sign with the Spurs... IF he wants to play in the NBA, what leverage does he have? I'm not saying he CAN guard Gasol or Bynum but I dont agree with your logic.

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Spiago Tinter iz da bestest eva!

EricB
01-12-2011, 02:38 AM

Does not compute...

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 02:40 AM
I don't think its as simply as give him a year.

The argument that Oberto barely played his first year is a poor one because: We JUST won a championship with a prime Duncan. We still had Robert Horry, Nazr Mohammed and Rasho.

Even with Manu, we had Steven Jackson and Steve Smith and Manu still got 20+ with him getting consistent minutes into the playoffs.

Splitter getting close to know playing time is worrisome.

Why? We drafted him as our first round pick. If he wants to play in the NBA he has to sign with the Spurs... IF he wants to play in the NBA, what leverage does he have? I'm not saying he CAN guard Gasol or Bynum but I dont agree with your logic.

Em-City
01-12-2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.goodhealthmatters.co.uk/images/SITRING_PORTABLE_DONUT_CUSHION_Reduces_pressure_on _hemorrhoids_Promotes_post_op_recovery_and_ideal_f or_post_natal_use_Complete_with_cotton_terry_cover _o.jpg

Vito Corleone
01-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Too many stupid people on this thread, and on the internet.

mystargtr34
01-12-2011, 03:17 AM
They are still doing it and won't ever stop doing it. He wasn't even that good of a player in Europe, yet the fans here think he was some kind of messiah there.

He has now surpassed Rudy Fernandez to become the second most overrated Euroleague player in history by American fans.

:lol Spanoulis
:lol Rockets

UnWantedTheory
01-12-2011, 04:07 AM
7+ posts saying the same exact thing again Manu_Forever. You are getting to be a great troll. You are so opinionated it is ridiculous. You constantly call out people here on ST about a low BBIQ, yet you continue to show your own ignorance.

Not one person can say you aren't consistent. So here is to you. :toast

21_Blessings
01-12-2011, 04:10 AM
No player on the planet can stop Pau one to one in the low post.

Bynum can. Seen it with my own eyes. :toast

firecar
01-12-2011, 04:15 AM
We expect to much from Splitter. we need his defence to help us for there are so many person can score. He is a rookie and is not strong enough and unathletic. He can't offer what we want. so we should wait one year and hope he can improve his strengh and muscle. I think he will be better next year.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Glyniadakis sucked in the D-League.

Because he is Greek.

temujin
01-12-2011, 04:32 AM

If Bowen could guard Kobe or Allen, he would have been much harder to acquire.

temujin
01-12-2011, 04:42 AM
The Spurs starting center is Duncan, not Blair. Duncan just insists on keeping up the absurd lie that he is a "power forward" by having the Spurs call him that. He is the Spurs center, not Blair.

Second, Blair is 6-7, not 6-6, and he is 270 with a huge wingspan, which is hardly undersized at all for the PF position. The NBA is full of 6-7 and 6-8 power forwards, most of which do not have the wingspan, nor weight of Blair.

This whole thing about the Spurs starting PF/C positions being undersized is BS. Are they undersized against teams like Boston or the Lakers? Yes. But so is just about every single other NBA team.

And Splitter could never guard heavy centers in the low post anyway. He never could in the Euroleague, so why do so many Spurs fans think he will now?

He is much more effective against the Pau/Garnett/Dirk type of players on defense. So he should be used as a defensive match up against them. Especially if Bonner is missing shots. He won't be that effective against guys like Bynum or Howard on defense, just as he struggled on defense against heavy centers in Euroleague.

He should be used to guard the Dirk/Gasol/Garnett types. So basically, at this point he is a defensive substitute for Bonner, if Bonner isn't spreading the floor.

With that being said, that is assuming that Popovich keeps playing McDyess. Splitter is better than McDyess is and he should be playing over him. But it's not going to make this huge difference, like the Spurs winning a title or not. But 80% of this forum is convinced that is the case.

If the Spurs wanted a true center, that is a defensive center and that can guard the other big, heavy 7 foot centers then they should have signed Javtokas instead of Splitter. Javtokas excels at exactly that and Splitter does not and never has.

It is more proof that the Spurs European scouts appear to be complete retards.

:rollin

Gary Neal anyone??

:rollin:
rollin

Bruno
01-12-2011, 04:43 AM
:bang

Pop is doing a big mistake by not giving playing time to Splitter. If Spurs wants to have a chance against a healthy Lakers team, they will need help from him. I don't even know how he could possibly think that Blair and Bonner are an answer against Lakers frontcourt. Splitter will also makes Spurs defense better which is a requirement to be a legit contender.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cDzHer9-_EU/SxIwVklmjoI/AAAAAAAAAX8/g_nRgZT6p4w/s400/master-splinter-anthony%5B1%5D.jpg
Stay zen Tiago, stay zen...

temujin
01-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Too many stupid people on this thread, and on the internet.

Nah, there is only one, the one and only KBP 2.0.

temujin
01-12-2011, 04:44 AM

Pop is doing a big mistake by not giving playing time to Splitter. If Spurs wants to have a chance against a healthy Lakers team, they will need help from him. I don't even know how he could possibly think that Blair and Bonner are an answer against Lakers frontcourt. Splitter will also makes Spurs defense better which is a requirement to be a legit contender.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cDzHer9-_EU/SxIwVklmjoI/AAAAAAAAAX8/g_nRgZT6p4w/s400/master-splinter-anthony%5B1%5D.jpg

This.

mystargtr34
01-12-2011, 04:44 AM
DeJuan Blair increased his TS% to .483 after todays game... good for 60th out of 74 Power Forwards in the league... couple that with his possible league worst defense.. its amazing that Tiago cant get a sniff :lol

Pop has lost his damn mind.

Capt Bringdown
01-12-2011, 04:55 AM
DeJuan Blair increased his TS% to .483 after todays game... good for 60th out of 74 Power Forwards in the league... couple that with his possible league worst defense.. its amazing that Tiago cant get a sniff :lol

Pop has lost his damn mind.

I guess Pop feels like the best gambit is to secure the HCA and hope for the best. But is it really too risky to give Splitter even limited minutes? Hard to see how that would cause this team to nose dive. Some have mentioned chemistry. I would think our veterans would object to Splitter getting a better look-see.
Hard to imagine we're so fragile that we can't handle Splitter getting some more time on the court.

01-12-2011, 05:15 AM
the longer splitter sits on the bench, the less likely he'll get meaningful minutes in the playoffs, especially against a championship team like the lakers. i can almost guarantee splitter will not crack the rotation in the playoffs because this has been popovich's style. a lot of people here still in denial but popovich has done this before and there is no reason to think the outcome will be any different. there's always next year.

slayermin
01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't think Splitter has embarrassed himself this season. He just needs to get in there and play. And like others have mentioned already, Pop doesn't want to burnout McDyess before the playoffs. So Splitter will get his shot.

There's gotta be a method to Pop's madness but yeah, it's getting a little worrisome that he didn't play some decent minutes against Minny. It probably has a lot to do with the defense. Pop hasn't been happy with the consistency of the defense and putting Splitter out there for significant minutes would make it worse.

silverblk mystix
01-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Sean Elliott is a corporate stooge. He gets paid by the Spurs and he just spouts the company line BS. This is the same guy that claimed several times on TV that "Tiago Splitter was the best big man in Europe". Which I believe is one of the main reasons why so many Spurs fans are deluded into believing this crap.

The truth is that Splitter was never even remotely near being in the discussion, nor the conversation of being the "best big man in Europe".....

If Splitter was the best big man in Europe, then Andersen Varejao is also the best big man in the NBA. PERIOD.

This forum is full of people with as low of basketball IQs as Elliott has.

With that being said, there is no reason why Splitter should not be playing ahead of McDyess. He is definitely better than McDyess is.

Manu forever/KBP calling Sean Elliott---low BB IQ :lol

Manu forever just revealed himself to be a lame troll...

mystargtr34
01-12-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't think Splitter has embarrassed himself this season. He just needs to get in there and play. And like others have mentioned already, Pop doesn't want to burnout McDyess before the playoffs. So Splitter will get his shot.

There's gotta be a method to Pop's madness but yeah, it's getting a little worrisome that he didn't play some decent minutes against Minny. It probably has a lot to do with the defense. Pop hasn't been happy with the consistency of the defense and putting Splitter out there for significant minutes would make it worse.

Outside of Duncan, Splitter might be the best defensive player on the team. The main reason for the inconsistent defense is Blair. I hate to shit on him all the time.. but he has no business starting on any NBA team really.. let alone one with championship aspirations. He would obviously be a stud in an energy role off the bench like he was last season. He just needs to go back there to maximise his potential as an NBA player.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. Pop has gone out of his way a couple of times in the last month to mention the importance of defense and how the Spurs havent changed from the Spurs of old... then continues to turn a blind eye to missed rotation after missed rotation from Blair.. continuous scoring and rebounding outbursts from opposition power forwards... and trot out Blair-Bonner frontcourts... while an athletic 7 footer who defends rides the pine.

Capt Bringdown
01-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Pop has elected to stand pat -we're going to the playoffs with the same front line as last year, woohoo!
Yep, the regular season has been a blast so far, and it's great to see RJ's improvement and the emergence of Neal as a viable opt - hey, wait a minute, Neal's a rookie, will he see any PT in the PO?
Anyway, I would think that even the most optimistic among us would have to be skeptical about Bonner/Blair and McMummy getting us out of the second round.
I'm not convinced Splitter would help us turn the corner, but I can't imagine him being worse than Blair. Bottom line, we'll never know -until next year that is.

Ice009
01-12-2011, 06:56 AM

I'm glad you agree Bruno. Pop is being very stupid to not play Splitter at all.

mystargtr34
01-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Pop has elected to stand pat -we're going to the playoffs with the same front line as last year, woohoo!
Yep, the regular season has been a blast so far, and it's great to see RJ's improvement and the emergence of Neal as a viable opt - hey, wait a minute, Neal's a rookie, will he see any PT in the PO?
Anyway, I would think that even the most optimistic among us would have to be skeptical about Bonner/Blair and McMummy getting us out of the second round.
I'm not convinced Splitter would help things, but I can't imagine him being worse than Blair.

I agree. I dont want to come accross as bitching about winning basketball games. This regular season has been out of this world fun.. theres nothing quite like seeing your team win. But for the life of me i cant imagine a scenario where the Spurs will win the championship with DeJuan Blair and Matt Bonner as the second and third best bigmen on the team. Ill have to see that shit to believe it.

polandprzem
01-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Well now I'm worried.

Pop still gives time to players that are bringing it and are the best at the moment. But isn't it the time of year when he must decide to give all his players a chance?
Esp. Splitter who has missed most of the camp?

We will need his size and defensive rotations in the playoffs.

I do not think that Bonner is the guy who can make all teams consistent pay in the playoffs for leaving him.

You can take a look when spurs are not playing transition - how much worse is halfcourt now and on the other side we really have no people who can stop other guys. Damn I don't know how much more sharp spurs can be on D to overcome best offensive squads in the playoffs.

Pop needs to give Tiago time on the court. The real and the last chance for Tiago is after ASB. It's when Pop reavaluates teams plans and heading to the playoffs.
The rodeo

TE
01-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Tiago Splitter is by far the best player in Europe not in the NBA (or was, now that he's in the NBA). Manu_Forever is a horrible poster a damn low BB IQ. :lmao

Ice009
01-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Here's a Pop quote I just found. The first bit he is referring to the starting lineup.

“It seems we’ve been fairly steady in what we’ve been doing, but not because I’m totally comfortable with it,” Popovich said. “We could change it at any time, based on what’s going on, winning and losing, matchups, that kind of thing.

“Off-the-bench rotation is certainly not set.”

spurspokesman
01-12-2011, 08:37 AM
The Spurs starting center is Duncan, not Blair. Duncan just insists on keeping up the absurd lie that he is a "power forward" by having the Spurs call him that. He is the Spurs center, not Blair.

Second, Blair is 6-7, not 6-6, and he is 270 with a huge wingspan, which is hardly undersized at all for the PF position. The NBA is full of 6-7 and 6-8 power forwards, most of which do not have the wingspan, nor weight of Blair.

This whole thing about the Spurs starting PF/C positions being undersized is BS. Are they undersized against teams like Boston or the Lakers? Yes. But so is just about every single other NBA team.

And Splitter could never guard heavy centers in the low post anyway. He never could in the Euroleague, so why do so many Spurs fans think he will now?

He is much more effective against the Pau/Garnett/Dirk type of players on defense. So he should be used as a defensive match up against them. Especially if Bonner is missing shots. He won't be that effective against guys like Bynum or Howard on defense, just as he struggled on defense against heavy centers in Euroleague.

He should be used to guard the Dirk/Gasol/Garnett types. So basically, at this point he is a defensive substitute for Bonner, if Bonner isn't spreading the floor.

With that being said, that is assuming that Popovich keeps playing McDyess. Splitter is better than McDyess is and he should be playing over him. But it's not going to make this huge difference, like the Spurs winning a title or not. But 80% of this forum is convinced that is the case.

If the Spurs wanted a true center, that is a defensive center and that can guard the other big, heavy 7 foot centers then they should have signed Javtokas instead of Splitter. Javtokas excels at exactly that and Splitter does not and never has.

It is more proof that the Spurs European scouts appear to be complete retards.
splitter better than dyess=:lol

spurspokesman
01-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Well now I'm worried.

Pop still gives time to players that are bringing it and are the best at the moment. But isn't it the time of year when he must decide to give all his players a chance?
Esp. Splitter who has missed most of the camp?

We will need his size and defensive rotations in the playoffs.

I do not think that Bonner is the guy who can make all teams consistent pay in the playoffs for leaving him.

You can take a look when spurs are not playing transition - how much worse is halfcourt now and on the other side we really have no people who can stop other guys. Damn I don't know how much more sharp spurs can be on D to overcome best offensive squads in the playoffs.

Pop needs to give Tiago time on the court. The real and the last chance for Tiago is after ASB. It's when Pop reavaluates teams plans and heading to the playoffs.
The rodeo
:bang if its not one area of lack its another.

spurspokesman
01-12-2011, 08:42 AM
7+ posts saying the same exact thing again Manu_Forever. You are getting to be a great troll. You are so opinionated it is ridiculous. You constantly call out people here on ST about a low BBIQ, yet you continue to show your own ignorance.

Not one person can say you aren't consistent. So here is to you. :toast
:whineoops

Sofaking
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Could it be that Tiago just isn't as good as you all thought? Honestly I expected at least 8 & 7 from him based on the hype from the last few yrs. I remember cpl of yrs ago, he was listed as high as #2 on the mock drafts. His game never looked special to me but I took bait. Watching him play, very un impressive. Even his defense has been overrated. As a low post defender he's terrible. Pick n roll defender awesome but team are not gonna run pick n roll all night. Against teams like the lakers,Celtics you need low post defenders n only Duncan n Dice can do that for this team. Blair gambles a ton but he can sneak front n come up with steals. His man D is below average but he can throw guys off by using his body. Sean El1iot is annoying btw, I can see why ESPN never brought him back. I've said before, the key to beating the top team lays in the hands of Hill. Whenvhe's clicking, we ...are...unstoppable

OrEmuN
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
No player on the planet can stop Pau one to one in the low post.

TBH, I think Kobe has been doing a remarkable job of limiting Pau's productivity...

Hoops Czar
01-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Your 1st team all- spurstalk.... How could pop not listen to you. Thank god he hasn't. Splitter would be a train wreck vs the Lakers. But you can deny it all you want. Maybe you just need more proof. He looks like shit in garbage time against scrubs and somehow Pop doesn't get it.

cheguevara
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
According to Pop, Bonner spreads the floor and Blair has great tats.

:pctoss

cheguevara
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Your 1st team all- spurstalk.... How could pop not listen to you. Thank god he hasn't. Splitter would be a train wreck vs the Lakers. But you can deny it all you want. Maybe you just need more proof. He looks like shit in garbage time against scrubs and somehow Pop doesn't get it.

playing next to Bonner and our benchwarmers?? I am not surprised Splitter looks bad.

how about putting Splitter next to Tony, Duncan + Manu?

Martin R
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Bynum wins.... fatality

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Bruno
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70267

Hoops Czar
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Yes, thank you for that. I'm not sure what that has to do with Splitter and his awfulness...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260 (http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/awesome.htm)

p.s. Don't click this link..

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM

:lmao

Brazil
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM

:lmao:lmao Bruno regulating this poor guy

Hoops Czar
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
:lmao:lmao Bruno regulating this poor guy

Hmmm,..

You no likey?,..surely you're terrified by what you're being informed. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibaby.gif

dirkdirkastan
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes, thank you for that. I'm not sure what that has to do with Splitter and his awfulness...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260 (http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/awesome.htm)

p.s. Don't click this link..

You stupid shit. :flipoff

slayermin
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Outside of Duncan, Splitter might be the best defensive player on the team. The main reason for the inconsistent defense is Blair. I hate to shit on him all the time.. but he has no business starting on any NBA team really.. let alone one with championship aspirations. He would obviously be a stud in an energy role off the bench like he was last season. He just needs to go back there to maximise his potential as an NBA player.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. Pop has gone out of his way a couple of times in the last month to mention the importance of defense and how the Spurs havent changed from the Spurs of old... then continues to turn a blind eye to missed rotation after missed rotation from Blair.. continuous scoring and rebounding outbursts from opposition power forwards... and trot out Blair-Bonner frontcourts... while an athletic 7 footer who defends rides the pine.

Blair plays his ass off and he knows the system better than Splitter. It's not always positive but the effort is there. And I don't think Splitter will help with that consistency until he knows the system. Splitter is gonna get his shot but not at the expense of stunting the development of Blair. We will need both players but I think Blair will play a bigger role in how far this team goes in the playoffs. Splitter just needs to log a few productive minutes against the Lakers and maybe Dallas in the playoffs. There is plenty of time for Pop to get him ready for that. The Spurs still play the Lakers three more times so I think Pop will have plenty of opportunities to see what Splitter can do.

colargol
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM

A classic...must read :lol:lol

Leftyventricle
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
O5CDZPhmIzA

dbestpro
01-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Blair plays his ass off .

I have to stop you right there. Blair played his ass off last year, but this year is a different story. He quite often takes plays off, is late down the floor, and settles for poor position when rebounding. The only time he shows a modest improvement is against bench players.

A player of his ability must play with max effort on every play. You have to look no further than his effort to see why Blair has struggled this year. In addition, that lack of effort has widely exposed a questionable basketball IQ.

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually, Andreas Glyniadakis led his team a D-League championship because when he is in the game the opposing team cannot score in the paint, nor in the low post. So if the Spurs signed Splitter "to guard heavy NBA centers" like so many fans here claim - then Glyniadakis would have been a much better choice for the Spurs to sign than Splitter.

Splitter is 6-11 240, with a 7-2 wingspan.

Glyniadakis is 7-1, about 300 pounds, and has a 7-8 wingspan.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/glynian01.html

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
You really are a colossal level troll.

First, there are 50 players, AT LEAST 50 (maybe even more like 100), in Europe that are better than Gary Neal is.

Second, Gary Neal and his agent asked to come to the Spurs' training camp. The Spurs did NOT scout him in Europe and everyone that says they did is a liar, including anyone from the Spurs front office that makes any such claims.

Typical unsubstantiated KBP lies.

Even if true would only prove that those 50-100 players are too stupid to hire an agent competent enough to advance their careers.

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Bruno is one of the lying, fake, Euro homer trolls. Just ignore everything he writes here.

This same Bruno troll claimed for years that Rudy Fernandez was the best player in Europe (a ridiculous lie) and that he would be some great NBA player (totally ridiculous to anyone that had actually ever seen him play in the Euroleague)........

This same guy Bruno is a notorious liar and troll. He is only here to distort what Spurs fans think about Euroleague players.

He claimed that Fernandez was a better player in Europe than Marc Gasol, which is totally absurd. He claimed that Fernandez was comparable in Europe to the level Manu was at in Europe..........

which is almost an unfathomable level of trolling and lying.......Bruno has to be one of the worst trolls there is in any basketball forum.

Say what you like about Rudy, he has accomplished more in the world's premier club league than all Greek players combined.

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:10 PM
He is better than McDyess. McDyess is about as washed up as they come.

No, but your lame routine most certainly is. At least have the guts to post as KBP again. Manu forever. Please....

Brazil
01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Hmmm,..

You no likey?,..surely you're terrified by what you're being informed. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibaby.gif

ChumpDumper
01-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Actually, Andreas Glyniadakis led his team a D-League championship because when he is in the game the opposing team cannot score in the paint, nor in the low post. So if the Spurs signed Splitter "to guard heavy NBA centers" like so many fans here claim - then Glyniadakis would have been a much better choice for the Spurs to sign than Splitter.

Splitter is 6-11 240, with a 7-2 wingspan.

Glyniadakis is 7-1, about 300 pounds, and has a 7-8 wingspan.You're an idiot if you think Glyniadakis led anything in Albuquerque besides the line to buffet.

6-1 Tierre Brown outrebounded him in the playoffs in about the same amount of playing time. He also recorded more blocks than Glyniadakis. That Greek dude was merely one of four competent big men playing in support of Brown.

Seriously, anyone trying to argue anyone but Brown led that team when he averaged 22.0 pts, 9.0 reb, 11.5 ast and 3.5 blk in the playoffs that season knows absolutely nothing about basketball and needs to find another sport Greeks are horrible at to follow.

mathbzh
01-13-2011, 02:03 AM
You're an idiot if you think Glyniadakis led anything in Albuquerque besides the line to buffet.

6-1 Tierre Brown outrebounded him in the playoffs in about the same amount of playing time. He also recorded more blocks than Glyniadakis. That Greek dude was merely one of four competent big men playing in support of Brown.

Seriously, anyone trying to argue anyone but Brown led that team when he averaged 22.0 pts, 9.0 reb, 11.5 ast and 3.5 blk in the playoffs that season knows absolutely nothing about basketball and needs to find another sport Greeks are horrible at to follow.

Typical American homer LIE! Opposing team was just petrified by the fear of the (All)mighty Glyniadakis...
Actually, he was so good he just had to stand here and let his team-mates including the PATHETIC little Brown the insignificant tasks (like putting the ball in the hoop). ANYONE saying otherwise should be banned from this forum.

temujin
01-13-2011, 02:14 AM
You're an idiot if you think Glyniadakis led anything in Albuquerque besides the line to buffet.

You better name a sport Grecians are NOT terrible at.

I can name one: cheating at reporting budget deficits.

temujin
01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

where is that "ignore" list????

Who is it that ignores?

An ignorant.