PDA

View Full Version : how much do you think a tim duncan rookie card is worth?

hotsauce0987
01-12-2011, 09:34 AM
??????????? :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Fireball
01-12-2011, 10:26 AM
That pretty much depends on the card - scarcity, condition, etc.

pookenstein
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
kk4n0SvG0-Y

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol

it's me
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
A LOT of money IMHO

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Depends what condition it is and such.

Libri
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I got a great deal on ebay for Tim's Topps Chrome rookie card graded 9 by BGS.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I was sorely disappointed by how much the worth of cards are these days. I've got every Robinson rookie and a mint Fleer Ultra Shaq rookie (I think it's Fleer - haven't looked at in in forever), but they were worth WAY more back in the day . . .

Libri
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I was sorely disappointed by how much the worth of cards are these days. I've got every Robinson rookie and a mint Fleer Ultra Shaq rookie (I think it's Fleer - haven't looked at in in forever), but they were worth WAY more back in the day . . .

David Robinson's rookie card, the one where he's holding the jersey, used to be worth $60. Now you can get it for under $5.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM
David Robinson's rookie card, the one where he's holding the jersey, used to be worth $60. Now you can get it for under $5.

Yup. Have that in one of those solid card cases, mint condition, and it was worth $50 just about as soon as I got it. Ain't worth a damn thing now -- I think that Shaq card is only worth around $50 now, maybe even much less . . .

01Snake
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Trading cards ain't worth shit since they flooded the market with them in the late 80's-early 90's.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
That was about the last time I collected . . .

Man In Black
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
The Real Robinson Rookie is the Fleer Rookie Sensations card, not the Hoops one.

Dex
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Twooo biiiiits.

iminol
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Who is this Tim Duncan you're talking about anyway?

Dex
01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Who is this Tim Duncan you're talking about anyway?

Tim Duncan is a successful entrepreneur, senior executive, and attorney and who has spent his career in corporate finance, investment management and technology. He has founded and managed cutting-edge companies that used technology to provide financial services and information in new and innovative ways.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/teduncan

Juanobili
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I found a Danny Ferry rookie card on the street when I was walking home from school one day. Pretty cool?

dirkdirkastan
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I found a Danny Ferry rookie card on the street when I was walking home from school one day. Pretty cool?

Not unless it was made of gold

DieMrBond
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it... same as any other 'collectors' item.

Sean Cagney
01-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Yep, I thought they were an investment back then and one day I would bank off the cards, but not the way it turned out by any means :( You ended up losing big long term and can't sell most of them for crap! Steroids single handedly ruined basebal and it's worth as far as cards go. I had sosa, mcgwire and bonds and all of them got some record and nobody will buy their cards.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.swagbucks.com/content/uploads/prizes-4/image2791.jpg

Is the higher valued Drob rookie card. At one time, the second hottest rookie card eva.

That's the one. I've got all of 'em, maybe missing one (but I don't reckon so), but that's always been the numero uno of Robinson rookies -- kind of like the Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie from back in the day.

It's been in a solid case (thick plastic with the screws) since the day it came out of the pack.

Oh, and I wonder how much BALCO devalued my Bonds rookie? :downspin:

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.swagbucks.com/content/uploads/prizes-4/image2791.jpg

Is the higher valued Drob rookie card. At one time, the second hottest rookie card eva.

I have that in the package, see through. It will always be mint as long as the package isn't opened.

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:55 PM
That's the one. I've got all of 'em, maybe missing one (but I don't reckon so), but that's always been the numero uno of Robinson rookies -- kind of like the Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie from back in the day.

It's been in a solid case (thick plastic with the screws) since the day it came out of the pack.

Oh, and I wonder how much BALCO devalued my Bonds rookie? :downspin:

I bought a whole album of Bonds, Canseco, McGuire and other rookies (including 4 Rickey Hendersons) from a kid who was about to sell it at a store in the mall. I gave him 40 dollars. There are over 100 cards in the album.

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Yep, I thought they were an investment back then and one day I would bank off the cards, but not the way it turned out by any means :( You ended up losing big long term and can't sell most of them for crap! Steroids single handedly ruined basebal and it's worth as far as cards go. I had sosa, mcgwire and bonds and all of them got some record and nobody will buy their cards.

Actually not true (about steroids). What ruined their value was mass production. There used to be a couple companies producing gum cards, then everyone started producing collector cards and they all went to shit. Becketts was a total fucking sham because it would list a card being worth 50.00 that was still being sold in packs for 3 dollars. You open the pack, find the card and couldn't get 10 dollars for it.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Ungraded cards have had a hard time competing against a certified graded card. Buyer's don't take on the risk. Seller's Mint condition might not actually be mint.

blackjack - This card?

http://im3.ebidst.com/upload_big/4/7/8/1259627613-9832-0.jpg

Not worth much in a regular case.

Sorry, that pic didn't show up the first time. Yeah, that's it -- it's also in a hard plastic case with the screws, only it's red and has "SHAQ" printed into the backing.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
td cards are worth shit, this is why i dont collect cards

Budkin
01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I can't believe I used to drop money on boxes of basketball cards. NBA Hoops... Skybox... what a fuggin waste of money.

Blackjack
01-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I bought a whole album of Bonds, Canseco, McGuire and other rookies (including 4 Rickey Hendersons) from a kid who was about to sell it at a store in the mall. I gave him 40 dollars. There are over 100 cards in the album.

:tu

One of my favorite players growing up was Darryl Strawberry, so I traded a rookie McGwire card for his rookie. Didn't seem like all that good of a decision for a while there but I'm more than at peace with it -- and it didn't hurt that I bought an acoustic from the same guy for $30 only to later find out it could probably fetch me over a grand, possibly 2, if I ever wanted to hock it.