PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin finally responds...

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Whatever you may think of her it's spot on...

Like millions of Americans I learned of the tragic events in Arizona on Saturday, and my heart broke for the innocent victims. No words can fill the hole left by the death of an innocent, but we do mourn for the victims’ families as we express our sympathy.

I agree with the sentiments shared yesterday at the beautiful Catholic mass held in honor of the victims. The mass will hopefully help begin a healing process for the families touched by this tragedy and for our country.

Our exceptional nation, so vibrant with ideas and the passionate exchange and debate of ideas, is a light to the rest of the world. Congresswoman Giffords and her constituents were exercising their right to exchange ideas that day, to celebrate our Republic’s core values and peacefully assemble to petition our government. It’s inexcusable and incomprehensible why a single evil man took the lives of peaceful citizens that day.

There is a bittersweet irony that the strength of the American spirit shines brightest in times of tragedy. We saw that in Arizona. We saw the tenacity of those clinging to life, the compassion of those who kept the victims alive, and the heroism of those who overpowered a deranged gunman.

Like many, I’ve spent the past few days reflecting on what happened and praying for guidance. After this shocking tragedy, I listened at first puzzled, then with concern, and now with sadness, to the irresponsible statements from people attempting to apportion blame for this terrible event.

President Reagan said, “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own. They begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively with all the citizens of a state, not with those who listen to talk radio, not with maps of swing districts used by both sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens who respectfully exercise their First Amendment rights at campaign rallies, not with those who proudly voted in the last election.

The last election was all about taking responsibility for our country’s future. President Obama and I may not agree on everything, but I know he would join me in affirming the health of our democratic process. Two years ago his party was victorious. Last November, the other party won. In both elections the will of the American people was heard, and the peaceful transition of power proved yet again the enduring strength of our Republic.

Vigorous and spirited public debates during elections are among our most cherished traditions. And after the election, we shake hands and get back to work, and often both sides find common ground back in D.C. and elsewhere. If you don’t like a person’s vision for the country, you’re free to debate that vision. If you don’t like their ideas, you’re free to propose better ideas. But, especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible.

There are those who claim political rhetoric is to blame for the despicable act of this deranged, apparently apolitical criminal. And they claim political debate has somehow gotten more heated just recently. But when was it less heated? Back in those “calm days” when political figures literally settled their differences with dueling pistols? In an ideal world all discourse would be civil and all disagreements cordial. But our Founding Fathers knew they weren’t designing a system for perfect men and women. If men and women were angels, there would be no need for government. Our Founders’ genius was to design a system that helped settle the inevitable conflicts caused by our imperfect passions in civil ways. So, we must condemn violence if our Republic is to endure.

As I said while campaigning for others last March in Arizona during a very heated primary race, “We know violence isn’t the answer. When we ‘take up our arms’, we’re talking about our vote.” Yes, our debates are full of passion, but we settle our political differences respectfully at the ballot box – as we did just two months ago, and as our Republic enables us to do again in the next election, and the next. That’s who we are as Americans and how we were meant to be. Public discourse and debate isn’t a sign of crisis, but of our enduring strength. It is part of why America is exceptional.

No one should be deterred from speaking up and speaking out in peaceful dissent, and we certainly must not be deterred by those who embrace evil and call it good. And we will not be stopped from celebrating the greatness of our country and our foundational freedoms by those who mock its greatness by being intolerant of differing opinion and seeking to muzzle dissent with shrill cries of imagined insults.

Just days before she was shot, Congresswoman Giffords read the First Amendment on the floor of the House. It was a beautiful moment and more than simply “symbolic,” as some claim, to have the Constitution read by our Congress. I am confident she knew that reading our sacred charter of liberty was more than just “symbolic.” But less than a week after Congresswoman Giffords reaffirmed our protected freedoms, another member of Congress announced that he would propose a law that would criminalize speech he found offensive.

It is in the hour when our values are challenged that we must remain resolved to protect those values. Recall how the events of 9-11 challenged our values and we had to fight the tendency to trade our freedoms for perceived security. And so it is today.

Let us honor those precious lives cut short in Tucson by praying for them and their families and by cherishing their memories. Let us pray for the full recovery of the wounded. And let us pray for our country. In times like this we need God’s guidance and the peace He provides. We need strength to not let the random acts of a criminal turn us against ourselves, or weaken our solid foundation, or provide a pretext to stifle debate.

America must be stronger than the evil we saw displayed last week. We are better than the mindless finger-pointing we endured in the wake of the tragedy. We will come out of this stronger and more united in our desire to peacefully engage in the great debates of our time, to respectfully embrace our differences in a positive manner, and to unite in the knowledge that, though our ideas may be different, we must all strive for a better future for our country. May God bless America.

- Sarah Palin

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 10:54 AM
She didn't write that.

"manufacture blood libel" ? GMAFB

From the lady who manufactured "death panels" and sorts of lies and slanders.

Does the stupid, ignorant bitch even know what "blood libel" is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

Sounds to me like she thinks she's been be libelled, and therefore, There Will Be Blood.

BlairForceDejuan
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
That's how you troll you way to $14 million a year. Lovely Sarah will be getting more facetime on MSNBC today than Big Eddy.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
who is sarah palin? who is she to lecture anyone about anything?

clambake
01-12-2011, 11:01 AM
gods guidance lol

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2011, 11:06 AM
You guys crack me up. Such hate and vitriol...:lol

clambake
01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
i don't hate her. i've said over and over that i love her.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
You guys crack me up. Such hate and vitriol...:lol

who is sarah palin? and why is her youtube the lead story on fox news? why do you care?

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I wonder why she feels the need to 'respond' to anything?

Winehole23
01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Her first response was whiny and self-centered. Maybe she felt the need to cover her tracks.

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 11:21 AM
pitbull bitch is just another right-wing shit stain on American pop culture.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Her first response was whiny and self-centered. Maybe she felt the need to cover her tracks.

Is she running for something?
I don't quite get why she feels the need to do damage control, tbh

Winehole23
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Discovery didn't pick up her reality show for a second season. Maybe she's getting nervous about the future of her brand.

JMarkJohns
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Is she running for something?
I don't quite get why she feels the need to do damage control, tbh

Her first response was having her staffers completely remove all connecting rhetoric and imagery from the offending sites. Her next response was silence, as if she was hoping nobody saw. Her following response was a very general tweet/status update. This, her last response is just more of the same.

For all those condemning us for making the connection, she made it as well. We espoused it. She hid it.

ohmwrecker
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
What a fucking idiot . . .

EVAY
01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
...we will not be stopped from celebrating the greatness of our country and our foundational freedoms by those who mock its greatness by being intolerant of differing opinion and seeking to muzzle dissent with shrill cries of imagined insults.

Wow. Irony defined.

EVAY
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
^^^Still and all, it is overall a better statement than she made earlier, and it would have been particularly nice to hear her say this sort of thing on the campaign trail. Perhaps this will make a difference in her speech-making in the future. If it does, we will all be better off for it, as will the country.

She does influence people, and if her followers take some of this to heart and ease up the rhetoric, the nation will be well served.

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
"we will not be stopped from celebrating the greatness of our country and our foundational freedoms by those who mock its greatness by being intolerant of differing opinion and seeking to muzzle dissent with shrill cries of imagined insults."

classic straw man, not that any of her ignorant fan boyz would recognize a straw man.

"provisions put in place during the Bush Administration and maintained by the Obama White House have gutted fundamental rights guaranteed by more than one-half of the Bill of Rights - without the Tea Party and company raising a peep.

It is this that makes the entire situation so worrisome. This is not about reality or politics, it is something quite different. We are not seeing opponents of the President engage in rational debate. What they are doing is more akin to the “faithful” confronting the “infidels”. In this scenario, the “believers” have made religious dogma of their views, transformed them, in their own minds, into the one and true interpretation of the "American faith" and they are ready to denounce those who disagree as enemies of the Republic."

http://www.truth-out.org/james-zogby-faux-faithful-abuse-constitution66761?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TRUTHOUT+%28t+r+u+t+h+o+u+t+| +News+Politics%29

rjv
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM
she may have had some fair points but they are watered down by her faux christian sentiments and tea party jargon. her insistence to refer to our current form of government as a 'republic' and references to the founding fathers suggests a deification of history that is both dysfunctional and revisionist. her rant is insincere and narcissistic or, in other words, pure palin

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
i doubt she wrote that

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
So what SPECIFICALLY did you guys disagree with?

MannyIsGod
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
The sentiment that she wrote that.

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2011, 01:00 PM
The sentiment that she wrote that.

Too stupid to write that, huh?

ohmwrecker
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM

She had help, but there are definitely some of her "ideas" in there.

rjv
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
i absolutely think that she wrote it. it smacks of palinisms all over. the tea party rhetoric, the reference to reagan, the over the top and misplaced religious tone....all suggest her hand at the pen to me.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
yep

There are those who claim political rhetoric is to blame for the despicable act of this deranged, apparently apolitical criminal. And they claim political debate has somehow gotten more heated just recently. But when was it less heated? Back in those “calm days” when political figures literally settled their differences with dueling pistols?

ploto
01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

ploto
01-12-2011, 01:09 PM
the tea party rhetoric, the reference to reagan, the over the top and misplaced religious tone....all suggest her hand at the pen to me.

You left out 911.

LnGrrrR
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I actually thought it was pretty decent. The only tin-eared part was when she quoted Reagan. Sure, it was in context and all, but aren't Republicans aware that Reagan wasn't the only Republican president?

rjv
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I actually thought it was pretty decent. The only tin-eared part was when she quoted Reagan. Sure, it was in context and all, but aren't Republicans aware that Reagan wasn't the only Republican president?

as in overall, pretty good ? while there were some obvious points here and there that were obviously on target did you think that the overall content and tone of the statement were decent as well ? that is, atypically palin ?

BlairForceDejuan
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Having a person such as the lovely Sarah Palin making a public statement amidst a Presidential backdrop setting is very awkward, yet the news playing it on loop for the next 48 hours justifies it :lmao

MannyIsGod
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM

She's a public figure who relies on good PR. She would be stupid to write something like that herself. I don't think she's smart by any means, but I also don't think writing a letter like that takes more than a few brain cells. Thats not the point.

ohmwrecker
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
You left out 911.

That was extremely manipulative in this context.

Trainwreck2100
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
She's a public figure who relies on good PR. She would be stupid to write something like that herself. I don't think she's smart by any means, but I also don't think writing a letter like that takes more than a few brain cells. Thats not the point.

not to mention its been like 70+ hours since it happened, how many rewrites would there have been.

Spurminator
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
i absolutely think that she wrote it. it smacks of palinisms all over. the tea party rhetoric, the reference to reagan, the over the top and misplaced religious tone....all suggest her hand at the pen to me.

Palinisms are a creation of Palin's writers. She's been reading a script for the last two and a half years.

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Jewish Groups: ‘We Are Deeply Disturbed’ By Palin’s Use Of Anti-Semitic Term ‘Blood Libel,’ She Should Apologize

Instead of dialing down the rhetoric at this difficult moment, Sarah Palin chose to accuse others trying to sort out the meaning of this tragedy of somehow engaging in a “blood libel” against her and others. This is of course a particularly heinous term for American Jews, given that the repeated fiction of blood libels are directly responsible for the murder of so many Jews across centuries — and given that blood libels are so directly intertwined with deeply ingrained anti-Semitism around the globe, even today. [...]

All we had asked following this weekend’s tragedy was for prayers for the dead and wounded, and for all of us to take a step back and look inward to see how we can improve the tenor of our coarsening public debate. Sarah Palin’s invocation of a “blood libel” charge against her perceived enemies is hardly a step in the right direction.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/01/12/palin-blood-libel/

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
maybe pitbull bitch's speech writer is using "blood libel" as dog whistle to the anti-semitic bubbas?

ElNono
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
i doubt she wrote that

I would actually be shocked, tbh. Not that I don't think she thinks that. But it's formatted like a PR from a publicist.

Maybe the facebook one liners created the wrong impression.

Soul_Patch
01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I really dont care at all what Palin has to say about anything, so i didnt read the transcript nor watch the video.

I do, however, think this is funny as hell

http://i.imgur.com/WcYo3.gif

Oh, Gee!!
01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Let us honor those precious lives cut short in Tucson by praying for them and their families and by cherishing their memories. Let us pray for the full recovery of the wounded. And let us pray for our country. In times like this we need God’s guidance and the peace He provides.

America must be stronger than the evil we saw displayed last week. We will come out of this stronger and more united in our desire to peacefully engage in the great debates of our time, to respectfully embrace our differences in a positive manner, and to unite in the knowledge that, though our ideas may be different, we must all strive for a better future for our country. May God bless America.

That's all she needed to say; and hopefully she'll take her own advice.

Nbadan
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
She's like Osama Bin Laden......

Nbadan
01-12-2011, 02:30 PM
The Palin apology in context..

myXLV6O8mQI

Nbadan
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Palin logic..

While lashing out at the idea that her "lock and load" rhetoric could contribute to any act of violence, Palin decried "irresponsible statements" and insisted that "each individual is accountable for his actions." She characterized critics of her as guilty of "a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence that they purport to condemn." Again, I'm a bit slow here. But let me see if I understand this. Palin's words are obviously just words and could never ever influence anyone's actions. But the words of her critics are irresponsibly provocative and have the power "to incite hatred and violence"?

Link (http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/01/12/the-chutzpah-of-palin/#add-your-comment)

Homeland Security
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Blah blah blah... all this whining and pointing fingers about who called who a murderer is stupid. We will be at war soon enough and then all this will be moot.

LnGrrrR
01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
as in overall, pretty good ? while there were some obvious points here and there that were obviously on target did you think that the overall content and tone of the statement were decent as well ? that is, atypically palin ?

It didn't make me grimace or guffaw, so yes, I'd say it's atypical Palin. :lol

Was it poetic, stirring, moving? Eh, not really. And I thnk she would have been much better served if, instead of just blaming it on the gunman, she could've spoke about the political atmosphere at large, maybe suggesting we reflect on the tone of our political discourse.

Instead, she hand-waved it away with a Reagan quote. But the two can both be true; the gunman could be totally responsible for our actions, but we could still tone down the violence in rhetoric.

She could've then countered with the whole "Don't criminalize speech" point, but it would've sounded better coming from a "We don't need to criminalize it, we just need to be more responsible, more thoughtful" etc etc angle.

But she did at least point out how America's differences make it great, and there wasn't too much bashing of the other side. So, pretty decent.

DJ Mbenga
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM
this was so carefully written how did the idiot writers mess up on a term that is offenseive to jewish people. hello the congresswoman that was shot is jewish! its like sarah palin has lebron james' PR team.

MannyIsGod
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
this was so carefully written how did the idiot writers mess up on a term that is offenseive to jewish people. Hello the congresswoman that was shot is jewish! its like sarah palin has lebron james' pr team.

lol

PublicOption
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Self serving bullshit.

DarrinS
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
this was so carefully written how did the idiot writers mess up on a term that is offenseive to jewish people. hello the congresswoman that was shot is jewish! its like sarah palin has lebron james' PR team.

Meh, not so much.

BlairForceDejuan
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Jewish Groups: ‘We Are Deeply Disturbed’ By Palin’s Use Of Anti-Semitic Term ‘Blood Libel,’ She Should Apologize

Instead of dialing down the rhetoric at this difficult moment, Sarah Palin chose to accuse others trying to sort out the meaning of this tragedy of somehow engaging in a “blood libel” against her and others. This is of course a particularly heinous term for American Jews, given that the repeated fiction of blood libels are directly responsible for the murder of so many Jews across centuries — and given that blood libels are so directly intertwined with deeply ingrained anti-Semitism around the globe, even today. [...]

All we had asked following this weekend’s tragedy was for prayers for the dead and wounded, and for all of us to take a step back and look inward to see how we can improve the tenor of our coarsening public debate. Sarah Palin’s invocation of a “blood libel” charge against her perceived enemies is hardly a step in the right direction.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/01/12/palin-blood-libel/

:rollin Must suck to be so obsessed with a person.

DMX7
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Thou doth shoot Moose in head from helicopter?

To wink, or not to wink: that is the question.

Yonivore
01-12-2011, 10:02 PM
who is sarah palin? who is she to lecture anyone about anything?
She's the person who's been libeled by the left pretty much non-stop since Saturday morning.

Yonivore
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Her first response was having her staffers completely remove all connecting rhetoric and imagery from the offending sites.
Election's been over since November, the SarahPAC ad was no longer operative.

Her next response was silence, as if she was hoping nobody saw.
I think she was hoping the left would find some decency and remember there were six people killed and fourteen wounded and maybe focus there efforts on the more immediate task of supporting the affected...not scoring political points by trying to connect her and the Tea Party to the massacre.

Her following response was a very general tweet/status update.
I didn't see the Tweet. But, for the record, YouTube removed a 4 minute video for terms of service violations that contained nothing but Tweets, screen-capped and compiled by someone, that wished Sarah Palin various forms of a slow, painful and excruciating death.

This, her last response is just more of the same.
It was mature, strong, and sympathetic - focusing on the victims - while strongly condemning the "blood libel" the left tried to perpetrate on her and the Tea Party.

I bet she gets good marks from all but the dwindling minority of you "bitter clingers" that refuse to see the massacre had absolutely nothing to do with political rhetoric - from either side.

For all those condemning us for making the connection, she made it as well.
She did no such thing.

We espoused it.
True enough

She hid it.
Not at all.

It's like shooting fish in a barrell. You people don't know where to turn now that most of even the Democrats are abandoning the narrative that Palin, the SarahPAC, or Tea Party had anything to do with the sad events of this past weekend.

Yonivore
01-12-2011, 10:16 PM
For your consideration...

9-fiNFCbsz8

PublicOption
01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
for your consideration...

9-finfcbsz8

self serving bullshit

Yonivore
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I scanned bouton's link. The title should have said, [Liberal] Jewish Groups:...

They don't represent all Jews. Here's a prominent Jew found no offense with Palin's use of the term:

Alan Dershowitz defends Palin's use of the term "blood libel." (http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/01/12/exclusive-alan-dershowitz-defends-sarah-palins-use-of-term-blood-libel/)

“The term ‘blood libel’ has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim.”
If Alan Dershowitz is defending Sarah Palin, the left has lost the battle, their quiver is empty, they've nothing left to lock and load.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Were you guys waiting for her to say something?

I wasn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM
That big tittied bitch did not write that, rofl

give me a break yo

Yonivore
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
That big tittied bitch did not write that, rofl

give me a break yo
You don't know that but, what's your point?

boutons_deux
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Yoni found a single Jew who wasn't offended. yippee, another Yoni rat turd!

The reaction across all the serious media is "blood libel" was either a huge mistake, or an anti-semitic dog whistle. In any case, the phrase is overwhelming all the other crap in her ghost writer's schtick.

BlairForceDejuan
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
lol at bitchmade nonjews getting pissy and throwing the anti-semitic label out

VWRC! Dog Whistle!

fraga
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
What an ignorant airhead..."Blood Libel"....mahahahahaha...big high five to your staff on that one you dumb twat...

DMX7
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
You have to be a complete moron to believe that she wrote that.

Moose Hunter didn’t even write her own memoir. This was obviously the work of another ghost writer.

Crookshanks
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
You have to be a complete moron to believe that she wrote that.

Moose Hunter didn’t even write her own memoir. This was obviously the work of another ghost writer.

Just like Barry Sotero...

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 12:06 AM
What an ignorant airhead..."Blood Libel"....mahahahahaha...big high five to your staff on that one you dumb twat...

The Term ‘Blood Libel’: More Common Than You Might Think (http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/256955/term-blood-libel-more-common-you-might-think)

He documents several examples from the right and the left where the term "blood libel" was used in a political context.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
The Term ‘Blood Libel’: More Common Than You Might Think (http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/256955/term-blood-libel-more-common-you-might-think)

He documents several examples from the right and the left where the term "blood libel" was used in a political context.So most of the time it's used by columnists who think they are being clever and don't even know what they are talking about when they use that phrase.

I can only assume Palin or whoever else wrote that didn't know either.

Stringer_Bell
01-13-2011, 12:38 AM
She's just trolling her way to the White House as Obama appears to purposefully ruin his chances of what was sure to be a clear victory in 2012.

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
She's just trolling her way to the White House as Obama appears to purposefully ruin his chances of what was sure to be a clear victory in 2012.
Trolling her way? I don't believe Sarah Palin asked to be the target of the vicious left.

I thought her response was warranted given the circumstances.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Oh, she's playing the victim to the White House.

OK.

lol blood libel

clambake
01-13-2011, 01:24 AM
blood libel lol

Capt Bringdown
01-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Americans caught up in spectacle and celebrity feud as our democracy crumbles. As much as I dislike Palin, it ain't folks like her that are the problem.

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2011, 03:33 AM
You don't know that but, what's your point?

Everyone knows that she couldn't even write her own book by herself. She needed help writing her autobiography for christ's sake. Also i doubt she knows what blood libel is and i don't think she'd know the name aaron burr either,

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Everyone knows that she couldn't even write her own book by herself. She needed help writing her autobiography for christ's sake. Also i doubt she knows what blood libel is and i don't think she'd know the name aaron burr either,
Two words: William Ayers. (<<That's the guy that wrote one of Obama's books.) Let me know when Palin starts having terrorists do her work.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Two words: William Ayers. (<<That's the guy that wrote one of Obama's books.) Let me know when Palin starts having terrorists do her work.Did Ayers ignorantly misuse the phrase "blood libel"?

ploto
01-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Even Republican commentators last night were saying how bad this made her look. First, she tried to upstage Obama by the timing of the release. Next, she said nothing about the victims in it at all. It was all about her.

BlairForceDejuan
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
lol @ being so butthurt obsessed with Palin that you cry about anti-semitism over this nonsense hahaha

ElNono
01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
lol @ being so butthurt obsessed with Palin that you cry about anti-semitism over this nonsense hahaha

Completely agree. Anybody is really surprised that she repeated something stupid that was written for her?

boutons_deux
01-13-2011, 10:18 AM
pitbull bitch playing the victim of attacks she fully deserves, telling people to watch what they say (say about HER, of course. She can slander anybody), and using the ancient anti-Jewish calumny of "blood-libel" while a Jewish lady clings to life after one of pitbull bitch's sicko gun lovers blows a hole through her head.

yep, pitbull bitch is certainly Repug/tea bagger Presidentially electable ideal candidate.

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
pitbull bitch playing the victim of attacks she fully deserves, telling people to watch what they say (say about HER, of course. She can slander anybody), and using the ancient anti-Jewish calumny of "blood-libel" while a Jewish lady clings to life after one of pitbull bitch's sicko gun lovers blows a hole through her head.

yep, pitbull bitch is certainly Repug/tea bagger Presidentially electable ideal candidate.

Hopefully boutons doesn't own a Glock with an extended clip. Sounds like he is about to snap.

Ignignokt
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I wonder why she feels the need to 'respond' to anything?

because she has been accused of causing this by tv news networks and pundits.

Why can't you master the english language and get vaccinated?

ElNono
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
because she has been accused of causing this by tv news networks and pundits.

Why validate those accusations by responding?

Please, no narratives.

rjv
01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Hopefully boutons doesn't own a Glock with an extended clip. Sounds like he is about to snap.

so you think that people who use violent language are capable of horrendous acts ?

TeyshaBlue
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
so you think that people who use violent language are capable of horrendous acts ?

The rapidly emerging conventional wisdom says "Yes!".

ChumpDumper
01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Why validate those accusations by responding?And compound the problem by, at best, further confirming her ignorance or, at worst, unnecessarily provoking a minority group with a clear history of violence and prejudice against it by trying to co-opt a term that alludes directly to that violence and prejudice?

There was a high road here, and Palin did not take it.

DMX7
01-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Palin is just reminding us that she's the real victim here.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2011, 03:31 AM
she might be in politics, but the usage of freedom of speech should be limited, u cant just say whatever you want at a public gathering....

howbouthemspurs
01-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Sarah Palin is an idiot! She keeps on proving that fact!

boutons_deux
01-14-2011, 07:03 AM
"usage of freedom of speech should be limited"

there are a couple legal limits, but when the Repugs and tea baggers and VRWC/hate-media conduct non-stop innuendo, slander, lies, AND corporations own legislators, there will never be any legislation limiting speech.

Fabbs
01-14-2011, 09:09 AM
And compound the problem by, at best, further confirming her ignorance or, at worst, unnecessarily provoking a minority group with a clear history of violence and prejudice against it by trying to co-opt a term that alludes directly to that violence and prejudice?

There was a high road here, and Palin did not take it.
Nicely stated. :toast

Wild Cobra
01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Palin is just reminding us that she's the real victim here.
No, but she is a casualty of the left using this as a political weapon.

boutons_deux
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
pitbull bitch shot herself in the foot with her "blood libel" crap, which was all about her, and nothing about the Tuscon victims.

She made her "I'm a gun fetishist, animal-murdering/skinning badass country Real American" bed, but now she doesn't want to lie in it.

boutons_deux
01-14-2011, 01:04 PM
And if you ask her if she would tighten up any of AZ's extremely loose gun regs and slow reg compliance (slow to report gun sales to the Feds), she would say no.

She's made herself a target by championed guns to her advantage with the red-state bubba crowd, but now she's a self-pitying, whiny victim.

LnGrrrR
01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
"usage of freedom of speech should be limited"

there are a couple legal limits, but when the Repugs and tea baggers and VRWC/hate-media conduct non-stop innuendo, slander, lies, AND corporations own legislators, there will never be any legislation limiting speech.

I guess I should be thanking Republicans for that then.

However, given their "Free Speech Zones", their belief that no one shuld swear into Congress with a Qu'ran, and other "issues", I don't think all Republicans are necessarily for freedom of speech either.

Proxy
01-14-2011, 06:39 PM
So what SPECIFICALLY did you guys disagree with?

No one is disagreeing with anything. Everyone knows she isn't smart enough to come up with some bs, politically correct speech like that.

She continues to be a role model to the idiot population of this country. The end.

Yonivore
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
No one is disagreeing with anything. Everyone knows she isn't smart enough to come up with some bs, politically correct speech like that.

She continues to be a role model to the idiot population of this country. The end.
Y'all never learn and, frankly, that's just fine with me.

According to your ilk, President Bush wasn't smart enough to tie his shoes yet, he sat in the Oval Office for 8 years.

Misunderestimated comes to mind.

Do I think Sarah Palin will be President? I have no idea.

But, she's not dumb.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Bush proved he wasn't smart enough to be President by being President.

God help us all if we give Palin the same opportunity.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Bush proved he wasn't smart enough to be President by being President.

God help us ALL indeed!

the most powerful military in the world with a retarded soccer mom with a rifle as its commander and chief...

fucking terrifying.

Blake
01-15-2011, 01:47 AM

she might unwittingly send our country to war while during a simple land survey

EVAY
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Y'all never learn and, frankly, that's just fine with me.

According to your ilk, President Bush wasn't smart enough to tie his shoes yet, he sat in the Oval Office for 8 years.

Misunderestimated comes to mind.

Do I think Sarah Palin will be President? I have no idea.

But, she's not dumb.

You are right, Yoni, she is not dumb.

She is, however, seriously undereducated, and manifestly too mentally lazy to do what is necessary to become educated on the critical governing issues of the nation.

I agree with George Will's assessment of her from this past Sunday: After losing the Vice Presidential race, she should have gone back to Alaska, finished her term as Governor, and studied up on all of the issues that she needs to be familiar with in order to be taken seriously as a Presidential cnadidate. She did neither of those things, and is, as a result, no more ready for 'prime time' now than she was in 2008.

She is savvy, though.

And manipulative.

And scary as hell.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 10:35 AM
And I don't think that George W. Bush was/is dumb at all. He was/is manifestly incapable of proper use of the King's English, but not dumb. I don't think his is a serious mind, and I think he was genuinely overwhelmed by Cheney, and he made too many major decisions based on emotion rather than facts ( the Iraq War springs to mind), but the man is not stupid.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 10:37 AM
^^^I just reread my post number 100 and realized what a damning with faint praise it is. Well, it is what it is.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 10:47 AM
You are right, Yoni, she is not dumb.

She is, however, seriously undereducated, and manifestly too mentally lazy to do what is necessary to become educated on the critical governing issues of the nation.
You mean, of course, "she's seriously undereducated, and manifestly too mentally lazy to do what is necessary to become educated on the critical governing issues of the nation" because...you disagree with her positions.

I agree with George Will's assessment of her from this past Sunday: After losing the Vice Presidential race, she should have gone back to Alaska, finished her term as Governor, and studied up on all of the issues that she needs to be familiar with in order to be taken seriously as a Presidential cnadidate. She did neither of those things, and is, as a result, no more ready for 'prime time' now than she was in 2008.
And, now, we have yours and George Wills' opinion on the matter. There are those that differ.

She is savvy, though.

And manipulative.

And scary as hell.
I see the savvy part; the other two, no so much.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 10:51 AM
And I don't think that George W. Bush was/is dumb at all. He was/is manifestly incapable of proper use of the King's English, but not dumb. I don't think his is a serious mind, and I think he was genuinely overwhelmed by Cheney, and he made too many major decisions based on emotion rather than facts ( the Iraq War springs to mind), but the man is not stupid.
Again, a reasonable opinion; based wholly on a liberal characterization of Bush, Cheney, and the Bush Administration.

Nothing will dissuade you from this position -- because, if it could, that would have happened long ago.

But, his two terms are over and there's just not much import to such nonsense anymore. President Bush is enjoying retirement.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 11:00 AM
No, I see Sarah Palin is seriously undereducated on the issues not because I disagree with her as much as she doesn't HAVE a defined position. She has platitudes. That is different than positions.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Yoni, you are the one that brought up Bush, not me.

And, this may shock you terribly, but I VOTED for George W. as Governor of Texas and I voted for him the first time as President. I didn't vote for him the second time because the reason for the Iraq war was based on factors I couldn't support, and because he was a traitor to fiscal conservatism. He left the Wars (both of them) out of the budget, never vetoed one damn spending bill put forth by the spendthrift republican congress of the day, and clearly didn't care about balanced budgets.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
No, I see Sarah Palin is seriously undereducated on the issues not because I disagree with her as much as she doesn't HAVE a defined position. She has platitudes. That is different than positions.
What did you know about Barack Obama before he became a candidate?

How many times did he vote present when he was a Senator? And, were you aware that, when he did vote, he had the most liberal voting record of any Senator? Even Bernie Sanders?

You know even less about Obama's positions.

Again, you don't know Sarah Palin. You certainly don't know her positions other than what a mocking media and critical left are pushing. If you had a personal relationship with her, that'd be different but, you don't.

Your opinions are informed by whatever sources you choose to believe.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Yoni, you are the one that brought up Bush, not me.

And, this may shock you terribly, but I VOTED for George W. as Governor of Texas and I voted for him the first time as President. I didn't vote for him the second time because the reason for the Iraq war was based on factors I couldn't support, and because he was a traitor to fiscal conservatism. He left the Wars (both of them) out of the budget, never vetoed one damn spending bill put forth by the spendthrift republican congress of the day, and clearly didn't care about balanced budgets.
I'm not shocked at all.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not shocked at all.

Then you should be mindful that people who vote for different parties in different elections tend to be properly labled 'independent' rather than 'liberal' or 'conservative'.

"Moderate" comes to mind.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Then you should be mindful that people who vote for different parties in different elections tend to be properly labled 'independent' rather than 'liberal' or 'conservative'.

"Moderate" comes to mind.
Moderates get us nowhere. They spoil elections and get us people like Barack Obama as president.

johnsmith
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Moderates get us nowhere. They spoil elections and get us people like Barack Obama as president.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the problem with American Government.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 11:25 AM
What did you know about Barack Obama before he became a candidate?

How many times did he vote present when he was a Senator? And, were you aware that, when he did vote, he had the most liberal voting record of any Senator? Even Bernie Sanders?

You know even less about Obama's positions.

Again, you don't know Sarah Palin. You certainly don't know her positions other than what a mocking media and critical left are pushing. If you had a personal relationship with her, that'd be different but, you don't.

Your opinions are informed by whatever sources you choose to believe.

Actually, I do know ( and did during the election) about Barack Obama's tendency to vote 'present' (which, by the way, characterized his voting during his time in the Illinois congress more than his time in the U.S. congress). I was keenly (and frighteningly) aware that he was 'too liberal' for me.

I was, and am now, also aware that virtually all presidents govern more centrally than they campaign, UNLESS they have a congress of their own parrty. Just as Bush had a congress of his own party (and governed fromt he far right during his first term), and just as Clinton had a congress of his own party for his first two years, Obama had a congress of his own party for the first two years. This virtually always results in bad government, in my estimation.

I am happy that the congress went right, so that Obama will be forced to go right.

I knew about McCain's positions during the election, and I knew about Palin's ignorance during the election. I heard McCain forgo positions he had maintained for years in order to appeal to his far-right base. I watched him make two horribly bad judgements: one was the position he took on tarp and his inability to lead his own party on it, and the second was the choice of Palin. Both were bad omens for his judgments as President.

Yoni, you really don't know what I know or from whence I know it. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Yoni, you really don't know what I know or from whence I know it. Don't try to pretend otherwise.
You know precisely what the sources you choose to consume tell you to know about things of which you have no personal knowledge or involvement.

EVAY
01-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Moderates get us nowhere.

The we have very little else to say to one another.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
The we have very little else to say to one another.
D'okie dokie, have a nice day.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Whatever Bush's education, he usually eschewed that background and governed using a combination of intuition, emotion and Christian mysticism ("God told me to do it."). IOW, he governed more like a stereotypical woman than anything else. His better-educated and previously more thoughtful underlings like Andrew Card and Condi Rice became sycophantic cheerleaders for him because he just seemed so damn sure of himself.

Ended up getting a lot of Americans killed unnecessarily -- and that is unforgivable forever.

I can see why yoni wants another sterotypical woman running the country again.

ploto
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Not only is there a lack of intellectual curiosity, but also a championing of a lack of intellectual curiosity.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Ignorance is strength.

clambake
01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
i think we can all agree that sarah palin is slightly more intelligent than her supporters. lol

boutons_deux
01-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Here's a national treasure, Politically Incorrect BM, trashing with fatal accuracy the ignorant fucktards like pitbull bitch, her Real America, tea baggers, bubbas, red-staters, and all the fantasies they lie to themselves with

Bill Maher lashes out at ‘Teabaggers’ identification with ‘Founding Fathers’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/bill-maher-lashes-teabaggers-misconception-founding-fathers/