PDA

View Full Version : the #1 offense in the league is now #7 defense and raising

in2deep
01-12-2011, 10:15 PM
:flag:

could we finish #1 in offense and top 5 in defense??

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

in2deep
oops wrong forum

ezau
sweet.

frodo
01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
triggas are swole now

jARS mEsH sEt
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Are you fucking retarded? Miami is something like rank 2 in offense and rank 3 in defense. Already more impressive than the Spurs.

TinTin
01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Are you fucking retarded? Miami is something like rank 2 in offense and rank 3 in defense. Already more impressive than the Spurs.

Crickets? :lol

jeebus
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
it is a possibility :lol

Spursmania
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
it is a possibility :lol

Yep:rollin

What an ass...

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
A good chance. A very good chance.

jARS mEsH sEt
01-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Don't insult me comparing me to the likes of fucking Louis.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
35 posts in and you know who the fuck louis is? troll out yourself much?

jARS mEsH sEt
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
35 posts in and you know who the fuck louis is? troll out yourself much?

I'm not going to dignify some 12 year old toolbag with aLtErNaTiNg lEtTeRs for a screen name with a proper response. It's not 1999 anymore bud grow up.

CubanMustGo
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm not going to dignify some 12 year old toolbag with aLtErNaTiNg lEtTeRs for a screen name with a proper response. It's not 1999 anymore bud grow up.

O rly, mEsH sEt? Own yourself much?

NRHector
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
35 posts in and you know who the fuck louis is? troll out yourself much?:lol well done :toast

ezau
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I thought Crickets would leave if the Spurs beat the T-Pups?

Rummpd
01-12-2011, 11:16 PM

They are impressive, have a fine point differential, and especially they are impressive by starting to really win alot on the road, but stilll have beat very few strong teams and their SOS is below the Spurs: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

The Spurs big three is also playing a lot less minutes and Hill was hurt and he is a damm good defender. The differences are not large 1-7 defensively and the Spurs could move up a few places while the Heat fall some and vice versa - it really does not matter as much as can the teams clamp down in the 4th and in the playoffs? At least the Spurs have shown the capacity do do that more lately this year, and the Heat seem to be doing it also in the games I have watched.

The Spurs (and to be fair the Heat as well) seem to be able to play at both a fast and slow pace.

I would not be at all surprised to see these two meet in the finals. The biggest question for both can they get through a few other tough teams in their respective conferences that may be bigger inside, although both the Spurs and Heat bring a lot to the table in star power with the Spurs core having all with multi championship level experience and a coach sagely monitoriing their minutes, while the Heat's core stars have youth (and get all the damm foul calls) going for them but will they be the ones to wear down without having the depth behind them; while the Spurs subs win games while the big three gets more rest?

BlackSwordsMan
01-12-2011, 11:26 PM
The all NBA gay team always takes a hands on ball approach.

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2011, 01:09 AM
http://www.mutr.co.uk/images/iron_pyrite.jpg

redzero
01-13-2011, 01:13 AM
:flag:

We love our boys in silver and black.
:cheer:cheer:cheer

4>0rings
01-13-2011, 01:29 AM
What's that? I can't hear you over the Clipper fan celebration.

nkdlunch
01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Defense is improving but wanna see it vs. very good teams

21_Blessings
01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
The Spurs are nothing but a gimmick until they beat a respectable basketball team in the playoffs. That hasn't happened since like 2005 as 2007 was gift wrapped by Stu Donaghy.

buttsR4rebounding
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
By what measure are you calling the Spurs the #1 offense and the #7 defense?

hater
01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
The Spurs are nothing but a gimmick until they beat a respectable basketball team in the playoffs. That hasn't happened since like 2005 as 2007 was gift wrapped by Stu Donaghy.

the lakers have that beat. Since they haven't beat a respectable team that was not seriously injured since '05

'04 is all they can hang their hat on, since the 04 spurs are the only respectable team they beat. but with a bullshit shot and help from the refs.

before that? the Kings? Not really, they had to use your pal Stu Donaghy and a collection of refs to beat them.

If you really think about it, the Lakers havent beat a respectable healthy team without cheating since the 80s. That's 20+ years.

21_Blessings
01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
injured

Why yes. The Lakers won back to back titles while dealing with serious injuries. Even coasted by the Spurs in 2008 despite missing two starters.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Why yes. The Lakers won back to back titles while dealing with serious injuries. Even coasted by the Spurs in 2008 despite missing two starters.

:lmao

Still trying to count the guy who started three games as a starter.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
By what measure are you calling the Spurs the #1 offense and the #7 defense?

He's using offensive and defensive ratings, basically points per possession.

B-R rates the Spurs as 2nd and 8th:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

Hollinger has them at 1st and 7th:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

buttsR4rebounding
01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
He's using offensive and defensive ratings, basically points per possession.

B-R rates the Spurs as 2nd and 8th:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

Hollinger has them at 1st and 7th:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

Thanks...good stuff.

history2b
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM

+1 Exactly

Win at least 2 playoff series before you all start sucking each others dicks.

They aren't much different than the 2007 Mavericks or 2005 Suns - Regular season warriors running and gunning playing perimeter basketball.

What makes Spurs fans delusion unique in this regard is that just because the Spurs won 'ships seemingly decades ago they think it correlates to the current season.

The more I think about it the more I love the fact that the Spurs have sprinted out to nice head start this season; how funny is it going to be to watch them lose in the 1st or 2nd round again? If they were struggling like last season it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

And yes, I am a prophet, hence the name history-2-b.

Rummpd
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Spurs will drop to 3-5 in offense and move up to 3-5 in defense and will be fine entering the playoffs as a prediction.

cheguevara
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
the lakers have that beat. Since they haven't beat a respectable team that was not seriously injured since '05

'04 is all they can hang their hat on, since the 04 spurs are the only respectable team they beat. but with a bullshit shot and help from the refs.

before that? the Kings? Not really, they had to use your pal Stu Donaghy and a collection of refs to beat them.

If you really think about it, the Lakers havent beat a respectable healthy team without cheating since the 80s. That's 20+ years.

this is pretty much on point. :tu

history2b
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Delusional Disorder

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.

BlairForceDejuan
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM

gift wrapped team mvp leading to 2 rings says hi.

lol buying rings

jjktkk
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
+1 Exactly

Win at least 2 playoff series before you all start sucking each others dicks.

They aren't much different than the 2007 Mavericks or 2005 Suns - Regular season warriors running and gunning playing perimeter basketball.

What makes Spurs fans delusion unique in this regard is that just because the Spurs won 'ships seemingly decades ago they think it correlates to the current season.

The more I think about it the more I love the fact that the Spurs have sprinted out to nice head start this season; how funny is it going to be to watch them lose in the 1st or 2nd round again? If they were struggling like last season it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

And yes, I am a prophet, hence the name history-2-b.

When you have blessings over for a sleep over do u 2 hold hands, close your eyes, pray the Spurs would just go away?